How to Find the Best Drywall Contractors in Fairfield and Vallejo CAIn years gone by, putting up walls was a carpenter's job since walls were made of wood. The introduction of drywall, also commonly known as Sheetrock, changed all that. Today, drywall contractors in Solano County are experts in drywall construction and can usually outfit an entire home with new walls within days.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best drywall contractors in Solano County and issues related to new drywall and drywall repair.
Updated May 14, 2013
Top 10 Drywall Contractors in Solano County
Send an email to this Company
(707) 558-8492, (707) 557-7200
PO Box 871
Vallejo, CA 94590
State Contractor's License #849740
Areas Served: Bay Area & Solano County incl. Fairfield CA, Vallejo CA, Suisun City CA, Benicia CA, ...
Services: drywall installers and other interior finishing
|Ernest Drywall General Repair|
2068 Kingfisher Way
Fairfield, CA 94533
Areas Served: Solano, Vallejo, Fairfield CA, Vacaville, Suisun City, Dixon CA, Liberty Farms, Benicia
|Master Drywall Inc|
6727 Bucktown Ln
Vacaville, CA 95688
Areas Served: Fairfield CA, Solano, Benicia, Vallejo, Vacaville, Allendale, Dixon CA
153 Audrey Pl
Vacaville, CA 95687
Areas Served: Fairfield CA, Vallejo, Suisun City, Vacaville, Benicia, Dixon, Rio Vista
|Mac's Interior Drywall|
1702 Enterprise Drive, Suite 5
Fairfield, CA 94533
Areas Served: Fairfield CA, Solano, Vacaville, Benicia, Suisun City, Dixon CA
|Carlson Drywall & Spraying|
705 West St # B
Suisun City, CA 94585
Areas Served: Vallejo, Fairfield CA, Vacaville, Suisun City, Benicia, Dixon CA, Nut Tree, Elmira
1740 Enterprise Dr # 1
Fairfield, CA 94533
Areas Served: Solano, Vallejo, Fairfield CA, Vacaville, Suisun City, Benicia, Dixon CA, Allendale
3042 Hillside Court
Fairfield, CA 94533
Areas Served: Benicia, Solano, Suisun City, Fairfield CA, Dixon CA, Vacaville, Rio Vista
Drywall contractors in Solano County are required to have a state contractor's license for your protection, such as the C9 license for drywall specifically. If drywall contractors in Solano County CA have employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection because if a worker is injured on your property and the company doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injuries.
Contractors licensed for drywall in Solano County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all those bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
Drywall is sometimes known as wallboard, plasterboard or gypsum board. (You may also think of it as Sheetrock, but that only applies if it is manufactured by U.S. Gypsum Company as Sheetrock because a brand name). Drywall consists of a paper liner over a core of gypsum.
Drywall is sturdy, strong, relatively inexpensive, easy to install and long lasting, making it the perfect material for modern wall and ceiling construction and repair. In the days before gypsum wallboard, interior walls were done with lathing and plaster, a process that took considerably more time and effort than drywall installation and with less uniformity.
Today, drywall contractors in Solano County have the expertise to professionally hang drywall and do drywall repair in a way that leaves no visible seams, bumps, nail or screw holes or other imperfections, creating a smooth wall or ceiling surface, ready to paint or cover in some other way.
Drywall Contractors in Solano County Have Skills
Hanging drywall correctly is a true skill. The best drywall contractors in Fairfield and Vallejo have honed this skill through years of experience. Drywall typically is manufactured in panels four feet wide and of varying lengths. Custom drywall panels of non-standard sizes can be ordered as well. Drywall panels are commonly one-half-inch thick, but it is available up to one-inch thick. Drywall offers some passive fire resistance since gypsum resists the transfer of heat.
Drywall panels are cut to size by scoring each side using a straight edge and snapping the drywall along the scored edge. The drywall contractor then fastens the panels to the wood or metal framing of the structure using drywall screws, specially designed for this purpose. In certain instances, the drywall is fastened to the structure using adhesives.
Since drywall comes in panels, there are seams between each section which must be eliminated after installation. Drywall contractors cover and conceal these seams along with screw holes, by using joint tape over each seam, and with joint compound (sometimes referred to as mud). This allows the drywall contractor to eliminate any imperfections, seams and holes, leaving a smooth surface. The joint compound is allowed to dry and is then sanded to smooth the drywall texture. To further reduce the visible differences between the drywall itself and the joint compound and tape, drywall contractors may apply a light overall coat of finishing compound.
Lightweight, inexpensive and eminently utilitarian, drywall is the material of choice for modern ceilings and walls. The process of drywall installation seems relatively simple, but to ensure your drywall project is successful it's important to find a drywall contractor in Solano County who is experienced, creative and will take the time to do the drywall right.
Not All Drywall Contractors in Solano County Are Equal.
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these drywall contractors in Solano County: Cannaday Construction, Jackson Drywall, Carlson Drywall & Spraying, Blackhawk Drywall, Master Drywall Inc, Ernest Drywall General Repair, Mac's Interior Drywall, Portlock Drywall, DK's Drywall Services, Blaziek Drywall Inc. Other contractors that might still do drywall in Solano County include: Mendonsa Drywall Co. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Drywall Contractors in Solano County? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
When it comes to drywall in Solano County CA, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the companies you're considering hiring:
• How long have they been doing drywall in Solano County specifically?
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial?
• Can the drywall contractor give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All drywall contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do the drywall contractors specialize in the type of drywall need you've described, such as drywall repair, drywall texture, drywall finishing or drywall hanging?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All drywall companies in Solano County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How will they determine pricing?
• How long do they expect the work to take?
• What kinds of restrictions will there be on your access to the property during the project and how often will they clean up the work space?
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All drywallers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of material to be used, its thickness, brand name, country of origin, and product number? (This is key because the cheapest drywall contractors often only appear cheaper by using less material or poor quality drywall.)
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will they perform all phases of the drywall job including drywall tape services, drywall mud application or drywall finishing, or do they hire journeymen and/or subcontractors to finish the drywall jobs?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best drywall contractors in Solano County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All drywall contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Associations & Licensing for Drywall Repair and Drywall Installation in Solano County
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
CSLB Contractors State License Board (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (http://www.dca.ca.gov/)
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
Gypsum Association (http://www.gypsum.org/)
Drywall Recycling (http://www.drywallrecycling.org/)
Drywall Information Trust Fund (http://www.drywallca.com/)
Northern California Drywall Contractor's Association (http://www.drywallca.com/frame_nca.html)
Drywall Info.com (http://www.drywallinfo.com/)
Walls & Ceilings Magazine (http://www.wconline.com/)
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Drywall Contractors in Solano County within the following zip codes:
94510, 94512, 94533, 94534, 94535, 94571, 94585, 94589, 94590, 94591, 94592, 95620, 95625, 95687, 95688 and 95696
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Drywall in Solano County within the following cities:
Allendale, Benicia, Birds Landing, Birds Lndg, Dixon, Elmira, Fairfield, Liberty Farms, Mare Island, Nut Tree, Rio Vista, Suisun City, Travis AFB, Vacaville and Vallejo