How To Find the Best Elevator Companies in Los Angeles County CA
Elevator contractors in Los Angeles County handle all aspects of elevator installations, elevator repair, and elevator maintenance, including motors, cable and wire rope, guides, counterweights, elevator doors (including sidewalk elevator doors, elevator phones, elevator cameras, and all other equipment associated with electrical elevators, hydraulic elevators, and even manually operated elevators including historic elevators. This also includes elevators for the home and other residential elevator needs, passenger elevators, and freight elevators.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best elevator companies in Los Angeles County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated December 2, 2016
|Vertical Elevator Solutions Inc|
Send an email to this Company
225 Simi Village Dr #941232
Simi Valley, CA 93094
State License #964232
Areas Served: Los Angeles County incl. Los Angeles CA, Century City, Beverly Hills, Culver City CA,...
Services: service, modernization, repair of elevators (everything except new installs), ...
Key Brands: GAL Door Operators, Motion Control Engineering, SmartRise
|Elevator Equipment Corporation|
4035 Goodwin Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Areas Served: Torrance CA, West Hollywood CA, Los Angeles CA, Venice CA, Long Beach CA
|California State Elevator Company Inc|
4208 Willimet St
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Areas Served: Beverly Hills CA, Glendale CA, West Los Angeles CA, Santa Monica, Malibu CA
|Advance Elevator Inc|
1451 Santa Fe Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90813
Areas Served: Long Beach CA, Century City CA, Downtown Los Angeles, Culver City CA
Elevator companies in Los Angeles County are not legally required to have general liability insurance, however all elevator repair, fabrication, and installation companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as phone calls to previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
In addition to building you a new elevator, elevator contractors will also do an elevator remodel of an existing elevator and can provide options of finishes and materials for the interior, such as laminate, stainless steel, brass and more. Some elevator companies also specialize in preservation, repair or retrofits of historical elevators such as those with ornate wood interiors or originally manually operated elevators in older and historic buildings. Still others can do elevator modernization for slow running elevators, elevators missing modern safety features, those experiencing frequent break-downs, and overly warm or noisy elevators. These elevator companies will also provide emergency phones and elevator camera systems. Some companies may be installing proprietary equipment that prevents other elevator companies from working on it in the future.
Elevator maintenance services are also available that provide routine mechanical examinations, lubrication and hydraulic oils, replace non-working buttons and indicator lights, repair or replace elevator wiring and worn parts.
Some Elevator Services in Los Angeles County Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for elevators in Los Angeles County CA: Vertical Elevator Solutions Inc, Advance Elevator Inc, California State Elevator Company Inc, D&G Elevator Company Inc, Elevator Equipment Corporation. Other elevator companies in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, Long Beach and Redondo Beach CA that might still be in business include: .
When choosing which elevator contractor in Los Angeles County CA or elevator service company to hire, ask the right questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and manufacturer relationships:
• How long has the elevator company been servicing Los Angeles County?
• How many other clients do they currently have?
• Can the elevator company give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All elevator contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• How much experience does the elevator company have making, installing, repairing, or remodeling elevators of your exact type? Elevators for the home and vintage elevators for example, might require different expertise, as can freight elevators versus passenger elevators.
• Will they be using or installing proprietary equipment that locks out other elevator companies and limits your future choice of companies to hire?
• Regarding elevator maintenance services, do they require a contract, and if so, for what time period?
• Do they provide 24/7 emergency service?
• How will the elevator company determine pricing?
• Does the elevator contractor have a relationship with only one manufacturer that they service, install, and recommend to clients, or instead, do they offer you choices among multiple manufacturers?
• What warranties and guarantees does the elevator contractor offer separate from any manufacturer warranties, or is the contractor's labor perhaps warrantied by the manufacturer?
• Can the elevator contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All elevator companies in Los Angeles County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Does the elevator contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance? (All elevator contractors in Los Angeles County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough assessment of the property, or of the existing elevator in the case of a remodel or modernization?
• Will they be performing all the work themselves or will they be subcontracting any part of it out, and if so, what is the name of that company?
• If the work is for an in-home elevator (residential elevator), will you have access to your home during the project?
• When you've chosen the best elevator company in Los Angeles County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a C11 contractor's license. (All elevator companies in Los Angeles County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
Trade Associations Relevant to Elevator Companies in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, Long Beach and Redondo Beach CA and Los Angeles County
NEII (National Elevator Industry Inc)
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers International)
EESF (Elevator & Escalator Safety Foundation)
IAEC (International Association of Elevator Consultants)
NAESAI (National Association Elevator Safety Authorities International)
NAEC (National Association of Elevator Contractors)
NIBS (National Institute of Building Sciences)
Publications Relevent to Elevator Companies in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, Long Beach and Redondo Beach CA and Los Angeles County
Elevator Radio Show
Elevator Industry Jobsite Safety
If you are looking for an elevator company, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Elevator Contractors in Los Angeles County within the following zip codes:
90301, 90066, 90041, 90089, 91376, 90312, 90407, 90053, 90733, 90210, 90091, 90290, 90005, 90267, 90409, 90295, 90239, 90717, 90004, 90082, 90294, 90853, 90715, 90306, 90810, 90807, 90013, 90308, 90307, 90265, 90040, 90748, 90213, 90832, 90233, 90035, 90224, 90402, 90291, 90277, 90844, 90008, 90011, 90034, 90310, 90710, 90245, 90002, 90702, 90508, 90055, 90076, 90747, 91301, 90242, 90037, 90744, 90731, 91302, 90671, 90639, 90080, 90411, 90084, 90025, 90255, 90805, 90074, 90263, 90075, 90052, 90254, 90039, 90061, 90809, 90848, 90099, 90802, 90403, 90069, 90755, 90046, 90058, 90260, 90404, 90505, 90280, 90079, 90054, 90713, 90044, 90077, 90293, 90247, 90064, 90401, 90101, 90006, 90016, 90261, 90510, 90749, 90406, 90103, 90746, 90029, 90842, 90088, 90032, 90650, 90018, 90833, 90660, 90309, 90651, 90057, 90012, 90020, 90501, 90808, 90056, 90240, 90021, 90703, 90640, 90078, 90503, 90745, 90028, 90033, 90506, 90408, 90504, 90051, 90637, 90050, 90822, 90502, 90093, 90060, 90847, 90022, 90304, 90201, 90266, 90296, 90010, 90712, 90222, 90704, 90094, 90272, 90059, 90087, 90706, 90813, 90063, 90015, 91377, 90707, 90081, 90065, 90509, 90723, 90067, 90209, 90250, 90095, 90072, 90803, 90275, 90073, 90840, 90202, 90223, 90732, 90062, 90220, 90801, 90302, 90017, 90009, 90249, 90804, 90030, 90027, 90716, 90019, 90232, 90071, 90189, 90024, 90701, 90038, 90895, 90410, 90734, 90048, 90303, 90711, 90049, 90047, 90834, 90274, 90815, 90007, 90507, 90230, 90212, 90292, 90036, 90305, 90846, 90231, 90806, 90014, 90814, 90661, 90264, 90211, 90083, 90070, 90221, 90031, 90831, 90096, 90026, 90042, 90001, 90248, 90045, 90270, 90003, 90638, 90670, 90405, 90262, 90043, 90086, 90652, 90662, 90311, 90278, 90714, 90835, 90068, 90241, 90023 and 90251
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Elevator Contractors in Los Angeles County within the following cities:
Venice, Downey, Montecito Heights, San Pedro, Atwater Village, East Whittier, Silver Lake, Mid-Wilshire, Glassell Park, Cerritos, Mar Vista, Century City, South Central L.A., Del Rey, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Lakewood, Larchmont Village, Beverly Crest, Eagle Rock, Harbor City, Redondo Beach, Bell Gardens, Palms, Pico-Union, Torrance, Boyle Heights, Hawaiian Gardens, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Hollywood, Inglewood, Hermosa Beach, Rolling Hills, Westchester, Hawthorne, Hollywood Hills, Westwood, West L.A., Santa Monica, West Carson, Rolling Hills Estates, Signal Hill, Beverlywood, Beverly Hills, Bellflower, Ladera Heights, East La Mirada, Carson, Maywood, Playa Vista, Pico-Robertson, Alondra Park, Lawndale, North Whittier, Marina del Rey, Gardena, Montebello, Palos Verdes Estates, Glendale, Catalina Island / Avalon, Brentwood, Bel Air, Hancock Park, Crenshaw, Long Beach, Huntington Park, La Mirada, Whittier, Culver City, East Hollywood, Sawtelle, El Sereno, Highland Park, Cheviot Hills, Los Feliz, Paramount, Echo Park, Rancho Dominguez, Westlake, Lomita, Los Angeles, Pico Rivera, Compton, Harbor Gateway, Harvard Heights, Bell, West Hollywood, Watts, Lynwood, Koreatown, Norwalk, Wilmington, East Los Angeles and South Gate