The Best Sign Companies in Los Angeles County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Sign makers and sign contractors in Los Angeles County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are sign companies that have exceeded the minimum California regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for safety and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as sign contractors in Los Angeles County CA, including custom sign makers for new sign fabrication, sign erectors, or sign repair and maintenance, including electric signs, neon signs, vehicle lettering, car wraps and more.
Updated January 13, 2017
|TNT Electric Sign Inc|
3080 E 29th St
Long Beach, CA 90806
Areas Served: Glendale CA, Torrance CA, Long Beach CA, Beverly Hills CA, Glendale CA
|Turbo Electrical Sign Contractor|
2726 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Areas Served: West LA CA, Long Beach CA, Carson CA, Torrance CA, Los Angeles CA
|Chief Neon Sign Co Inc|
707 East Rosecrans
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Areas Served: West LA CA, Los Angeles CA, Glendale CA, Long Beach CA, Century City CA
|Artisan Custom Signs Inc|
1623 S Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Areas Served: Beverly Hills CA, West Hollywood CA, Long Beach CA, Santa Monica CA
|San Pedro Sign Company|
701 Lakme Ave
Wilmington, CA 90744
Areas Served: Beverly Hills CA, Long Beach CA, Culver City CA, Los Angeles CA, Glendale CA
1419 Seabright Ave
Long Beach, CA 90813
Areas Served: Long Beach CA, West Hollywood CA, Beverly Hills CA, Glendale CA, West LA CA
|Global Sign Systems Inc|
12819 S Main Street
Los Angeles, CA 90061
Areas Served: West Los Angeles CA, Malibu CA, Long Beach CA, Santa Monica, West Hollywood CA
The state of California requires sign contractors in Los Angeles County CA to have a valid C45 license from the State of California for sign fabrication, sign installation, including the wiring for electrical signs. The former specialty D42 license for non-electrical sign installation has since been discontinued, and the C45 license now also covers non-electrical signs including but not limited to post or pole supported signs, painted wall signs, signs attached to structures and modifications to existing signs.
But the state license for sign contractors is no guarantee that any particular sign maker or sign company in Los Angeles County CA is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all sign companies in Los Angeles County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff, and have had to pass all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state license, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state license (for electrical sign contractors), only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
In addition to sign design and installation, licensed sign contractors also conduct site surveys in preparation for sign installations, and perform sign maintenance and repair like replacing missing sign letters, wiring repair for electrical signs including digital and LED signage, replacing neon bulbs, routine sign cleaning, and more.
Many sign makers in Los Angeles County do not need a state license because they are not contractors. Either they are sign makers only leaving the intallation to others, or they make and install items that don't require a licensed contractor such as vehicle wraps, banners, real estate signs, trade show signs and trade shows displays, window graphics, magnetic signs, gold leaf window letter and more.
Some Sign Companies in Los Angeles County Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these companies for signs in Los Angeles County CA: Artisan Custom Signs Inc, Chief Neon Sign Co Inc, Global Sign Systems Inc, San Pedro Sign Company, Turbo Electrical Sign Contractor, TDI Signs, TNT Electric Sign Inc. Other companies repairing, fabricating, or erecting signs in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, Long Beach and Redondo Beach CA who might still be in business include: .
Questions For Makers of Signs in Los Angeles County:
• Are they a genuine sign company or are they merely a sign broker?
• Do they offer sign design? If so, what is their design background, education, or qualifications?
• Are they sign makers, or sign installers, or both? If both, are they doing the installation themselves as licensed contractors or they are subcontracting it out to a sign contractor and if so, which one?
• Can the sign company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All sign companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• Do they offer a written guarantee on their labor and for how long? Is there a written warranty on the sign itself whether or not they are the sign manufacturer?
• How many signs do they do each year that are the same type as yours? There can be a difference in the experience required to do proper sign design or sign installation between different types of signage, such as pole signs versus neon signs, monument signs versus electrical signs, channel letter signs versus pylon signs, etc.
• Can they do computer design visuals of your specific property so you can see how different options in new signage would look before making a decision among all the options of sign type, size, color, etc.?
• After you explain what you want, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• Will they give you a detailed bid in writing for the new signage including the exact materials used to make your sign (type and amount of paint, thickness of metal) construction method, fastening method, etc? This is important. A cheap sign company may only appear less expensive because they've left out important details from the bid, preventing you from seeing that you're getting much less than what another sign company has quoted.
• If you're getting a bid for an electric sign including neon signs or LED signs, can they help you estimate your monthly or annual energy cost to run it? Can they help you compare the energy costs among different options in electric signs?
• In the case of signs requiring metal work, will the letters be welded together or merely screwed, stapled or pop-riveted? Welding gives better structural integrity and some cities in Los Angeles County or landlords may require welded sign letters.
Questions For Installers of Signs in Los Angeles County: • Do they offer ongoing sign maintenance or sign repair services for the new signage after installation?
• What permits for the signage will be required for your area of Los Angeles County? Will they be pulling the necessary permits or do they expect you to do that? If they will, is that cost included in their price quote or is it extra and by how much?
• How many other signs have they installed in Los Angeles County? How many in your town? This can be an indication of how familiar they are, or not, with state, county, or city ordinances regarding signs.
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough sign survey of your property first?
• Can the sign contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All sign companies in Los Angeles County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How well does the sign company know the installation crew coming to your property? Are they using trained, long term employees, or do they use temporary labor on a project-by-project basis? Remember, the owner of the sign company may be a licensed sign contractor but his employees probably aren't and employee abilities and degree of professionalism can vary widely.
• Does the sign contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All sign contractors in Los Angeles County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
Once you've got answers to these questions, you're ready to review their bid. Price should rarely be the determining factor since cheap signs in Los Angeles County usually aren't the best signs and it can cost you more to repair or replace than if you chose the best sign company to begin with.
When you've chosen the best sign company in Los Angeles County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a C45 license for sign contractors in Los Angeles County CA. (All sign companies in Los Angeles County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
Examples of Types of Signs:
Pylon Signs / Pole Signs: Freestanding signs supported by posts or a single pylon that allow the sign to reach a height that can be seen at great distance. Sometimes also referred to as highway signs or roadside signs.
Monument Signs: Freestanding signs close to the ground, usually as a single rectangular block of substantial width, sometimes on a pedestal. Monument signs are often made of stone, brick, or metal.
Neon Signs: A glass tube that has been bent into a series of letters or an image, which is filled with neon gas which glows when charged with an electric current. The glass tubes of neon signs are still largely shaped by hand by neon glass tube artists.
Bench Signs: Signs for public seating such as on bus stop benches or park benches.
Cabinet Signs: Signs designed as a box, often for the purpose of housing lights behind the front face to illuminate it. Lights are most often fluorescent tubes or LEDs
Channel Letter Signs: Signs with three dimensional letters, often hollow for the placement of lighting inside that makes the letters glow.
Reverse Channel Letter Signs are those with the lighting placed behind the letters to create a halo effect. Channel Letter Signs can also be non-illuminated.
Dimensional Letters: Letters that are taller than the surface of the sign to create dimension, sometimes using flat cutout letters made of plastic or metal.
Engraved Signs: The letters are carved out of the surface of the sign, or alternatively, the surface is cut away from the letters leaving them raised from the surface.
Projecting Signs: Building-mounted signs that stick out perpendicular to the face of the building so that it can be read by people approaching the address from the street, often double-faced signs so that they can be read from either direction.
Sandblasted Signs: Signs most often made of wood, or HDU (high density urethane) which can even be given a simulated wood grain. The text or image to be displayed is laid on the base material, and then all the base material around it is blasted away by sand, leaving the text or image as a raised relief.
Sidewalk Signs / Sandwich Signs: A kind of portable sign often made as a folding/unfolding A-frame that can stand independently and be easily moved.
The following is a list of trade associations relevant to signage in Los Angeles County:
ISA (International Sign Association)
NASSD (National Association of Sign Supply Distributors)
Calsign (California Sign Association)
USSC (United States Sign Council)
WSSC (Western States Sign Council)
The following are publications relevant to signage in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, Long Beach and Redondo Beach CA and Los Angeles County
SignWeb - The Signmakers' Resource
Sign Builder Illustrated
Sign & Digital Graphics Trade Magazine
If you are looking for sign makers or sign installers, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signage in Los Angeles County within the following zip codes:
90251, 90057, 90650, 91302, 90005, 90814, 90056, 90022, 90029, 90409, 90015, 90840, 90265, 90059, 90747, 90241, 90240, 90895, 90290, 90095, 90087, 90267, 90714, 90211, 90044, 90847, 90010, 90810, 90223, 90842, 90755, 90504, 90277, 90078, 90210, 90020, 90103, 90266, 90280, 90402, 90831, 90508, 90833, 90048, 90249, 90224, 90638, 90073, 90406, 90734, 90846, 90639, 90055, 90295, 90035, 90068, 90239, 91376, 90004, 90038, 90254, 90706, 90016, 90703, 90212, 90033, 90069, 90002, 90410, 90749, 90813, 90079, 90221, 90250, 90006, 90099, 90501, 90025, 90312, 90291, 90061, 90502, 90853, 90233, 90510, 90809, 90086, 90732, 90702, 90260, 90034, 90046, 90670, 90072, 90805, 90404, 90054, 90310, 90052, 90748, 90261, 90045, 90050, 90096, 90094, 90081, 90848, 90661, 90272, 90801, 90011, 90014, 90053, 90263, 90076, 90294, 90043, 90024, 90013, 90717, 90401, 90075, 90701, 90746, 90275, 90070, 90713, 90744, 90652, 90662, 90834, 90051, 90671, 90189, 90505, 90707, 90027, 90031, 90042, 90064, 90222, 90640, 90066, 90637, 90041, 90067, 90036, 90506, 90292, 90074, 90018, 90071, 90062, 90084, 90091, 90715, 90307, 90021, 90040, 90503, 90083, 90032, 90305, 90723, 90844, 90039, 90028, 90804, 90080, 90808, 90411, 90835, 90030, 90731, 90704, 90023, 91377, 90270, 90008, 90093, 90815, 90716, 90405, 90065, 90213, 90082, 90660, 91301, 90242, 90012, 90802, 90077, 90264, 90712, 90651, 90306, 90304, 90063, 90832, 90408, 90274, 90806, 90308, 90009, 90220, 90026, 90019, 90001, 90278, 90202, 90262, 90311, 90003, 90201, 90247, 90407, 90509, 90403, 90245, 90049, 90088, 90255, 90209, 90711, 90733, 90293, 90007, 90745, 90822, 90507, 90017, 90296, 90232, 90303, 90807, 90248, 90230, 90301, 90101, 90803, 90231, 90037, 90047, 90060, 90309, 90710, 90058, 90302 and 90089
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signs in Los Angeles County within the following cities:
Palms, Atwater Village, Eagle Rock, Huntington Park, Watts, Bell Gardens, West Carson, Gardena, Larchmont Village, Lomita, Maywood, Echo Park, Redondo Beach, Westlake, Del Rey, North Whittier, South Gate, Beverly Crest, Santa Monica, Signal Hill, Bell, East La Mirada, Whittier, Palos Verdes Estates, Marina del Rey, Boyle Heights, Glendale, Alondra Park, Long Beach, Beverly Hills, East Whittier, Mid-Wilshire, Koreatown, Hancock Park, Torrance, Hawthorne, Pico-Union, East Hollywood, Bellflower, Pico-Robertson, Highland Park, South Central L.A., Cerritos, Montecito Heights, Lynwood, Cheviot Hills, Hollywood, West L.A., Norwalk, Mar Vista, Hollywood Hills, Pico Rivera, Silver Lake, Sawtelle, Carson, El Segundo, Los Angeles, Westwood, Rolling Hills Estates, Hawaiian Gardens, Malibu, Los Feliz, Rancho Dominguez, La Mirada, Beverlywood, Bel Air, Harbor City, Manhattan Beach, Inglewood, Lawndale, West Hollywood, Lakewood, Century City, Playa Vista, Harbor Gateway, Ladera Heights, Catalina Island / Avalon, San Pedro, Pacific Palisades, Culver City, Brentwood, Venice, Montebello, Wilmington, Westchester, Hermosa Beach, East Los Angeles, El Sereno, Rolling Hills, Glassell Park, Harvard Heights, Crenshaw, Paramount, Compton and Downey