The Best Remodelers in Merced County CA Are the Ones Verified as Safe To HireRemodeling contractors in Merced County California bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones verified through our independent research to have met the TOP 10 requirements for value and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who have agreed to hire only documented employees, and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as home remodelers, addition builders, commercial remodeling contractors or for home repairs in Merced County CA.
Updated December 19, 2013
|Curtice Home Repair|
818 W 12th St
Merced, CA 95341
Areas Served: Dos Palos,Hilmar-Irwin,Winton,Delhi,Livingston,Atwater,Los Banos,Merced,Merced County
Services: local home improvement contractors, home additions, retail & commercial remodeling
212 W 25th St
Merced, CA 95340
Areas Served: Merced County CA,Los Banos CA,Merced CA,Livingston CA,Atwater CA,Winton CA,Delhi CA
Services: home improvement, home renovating, commercial remodeling contractors
|Holt Home Improvement|
3117 Calgary Ln
Atwater, CA 95301
Areas Served: Merced CA,Merced County,Winton CA,Delhi CA,Livingston CA,Atwater CA,Los Banos CA
Services: home repair, commercial remodels, retail renovations, remodeling services
Commercial remodeling contractors and home remodelers in Merced County CA are required to be licensed by the state of California in order to do any home repair or remodeling work over $500.00. The state also requires they have workers' comp insurance.
But that is no guarantee that any particular remodeling company is doing business ethically, providing real value, and satisfying customers. Likewise, there is no legal requirement that remodeling contractors or home improvement companies in Merced County have liability insurance which is critical to reimburse you in the event of any damage that occurs.
This makes it all the more significant that all remodeling contractors in Merced County CA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified license, liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
When choosing among remodeling contractors in Merced County CA, ask these questions about their experience, process, and procedures before hiring:
• How long have they been doing business specifically as remodelers in Merced County?
• Can they show you examples of work they've done similar to what you're asking for?
• Can the remodelers give you names and numbers of previous customers you can call as references? (All remodeling companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they specialize in the type of home remodel work you've described? The particular expertise needed to build a sunroom or screen enclosed patio can be different than that needed by home addition builders, or finishing a basement.
• Will the home improvement remodelers provide written contracts for their remodeling projects?
• How soon after a contract is signed would they begin?
• What is project timeframe from contract signing to completion?
• Once the remodeling begins, will they be on the job every day until done, or will they be disappearing for days during the project to work for other clients? If so, will this affect the estimated due date?
• Will they show you proof of workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All remodelers in Merced County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you the cost estimate in writing with complete detail of the exact items, fixtures, and brands including project numbers, types of materials and exact amount to be used? (This is key because cheap remodeling companies often only seem so because they have bid on the lowest cost options knowing you will probably want upgrades once you see them, leading to an increase in actual cost over the one in their bid.)
• Can they demonstrate to you that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All remodelers in Merced County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Do they provide any written guarantees on their labor aside from manufacturers warranties, and if so, for how long?
• Will permits be needed for the home remodeling by Merced County or by your city? If so, who will be responsible for getting the permits, you or the remodeler?
• Do the remodeling companies use only their own employees do they hire subcontractors? If so, what are the names of those companies so you can research them?
• If they use subcontractors, will you pay those subcontractors directly or are they paid by the remodeling company? If by the remodeler, what assurance do you have that the subcontractors will be paid on time and will not file a lien on your property?
• How often and when do the home remodelers and addition builders clean up throughout a home renovation or addition project?
• What procedures or equipment do they use to minimize the impact the remodeling has on the rest of your living space, i.e. dust barriers, air filters, etc?
• How will they communicate to you their expected schedule to be on-site, and how often?
• Can they foresee any potential surprises that might occur in the middle of the project due to what they learn about the existing structure or materials, what's inside walls, etc. and by how much money might could that potentially affect the total cost?
When you've chosen the best remodeling company in Merced County CA for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by the state of California. (All remodeling companies in Merced County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)