How To Find the Best Window Contractors in Santa Clara CountyFew projects have as much impact on the beauty and energy efficiency of your home as new windows. Window replacement companies supply popular window brands like Pella Windows, Milgard Windows and Andersen Windows. Window contractors can install double-paned windows and tinted windows for reduced energy bills, acrylic windows, vinyl windows, and more.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best window contractors in Santa Clara County and issues related to new windows and window replacement.
Updated June 28, 2016
|Sigura Construction, Inc|
Send an email to this Company
1300 Memorex Dr
Santa Clara, CA 95050
State Contractor's License #865155
Areas Served: Santa Clara County incl, San Jose CA, Mt View, Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, ...
Services: new windows,replacement windows,vinyl windows,aluminum windows,double pane windows
Key Brands: American Standard, Grohe (Grohe Plumbing Fixtures), Hansgrohe, Kohler
Window contractors in Santa Clara County are legally required to have a state contractor's license, and this is for your protection. Window replacement can be done legally under various contractor license categories as there is no specialty license category specifically for window replacement.
If window installers in Santa Clara County have employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection because if a worker is injured on your property and the company doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injury.
Window contractors in Santa Clara County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all those bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
In addition to saving you money on utility bills due to the improved insulating properties of new windows, window replacement is one of the few things that freshen the look of both the inside and outside of your home at the same time. There are dozens of choices of new window styles and window brands from which to choose and good window replacement companies in Santa Clara County can help guide that choice. The Prime Buyer's Report offers these tips to help you find your way through your choices for new window sales and window installers.
Window Contractors in Santa Clara County Offer Many Types of New Windows and Window Services
In addition to carrying the most popular new windows for commercial and residential windows, many choices for custom windows are available from local window contractors. The window installers industry has recently focused on energy efficient windows, so many products offered can reduce your heating and cooling costs.
If you haven't yet decided what kind of new windows you're looking for, good window contractors will point you in the right direction once they hear your ideas and goals, and some will give a free window replacement estimate. From new construction to window replacement for existing buildings, the best window contractors will have options in new windows that you can be satisfied with.
That said, some older homes have beautifully-made custom windows with intricate designs which may make you may think twice about window replacement. A number of window contractors in Santa Clara County can instead do window restoration, preservation of aging materials (such as rubber window seals or wood window frames), custom-cut replacement window glass and custom-designed glass for a classic or contemporary look.
Some of the most popular searches for windows in Santa Clara County are for discount windows, fogged glass windows, dual pane windows, store front windows and mirrors, Oriel windows, circle bay windows, box bay windows, ribbon windows, label mold windows, round top windows, paired windows, Palladian windows, Jalousie windows, awning windows, bow windows, half round windows, louvered windows, tilt-turn windows, picture windows, double hung windows, slider windows, wood frame windows, vinyl frame windows, energy efficient windows, and basement hopper windows.
Style options of window glass include patterned window glass, stained window glass, etched glass windows, beveled glass windows, textured glass windows, framed mirrors, and mirrored walls. Window materials are available as well, such as aluminum, wood, fiberglass, block, vinyl, aluminum collapsed frame, and insulated glass, screens and casements.
For window replacements or updates, many windows installers offer custom shower doors and enclosures, mirrors, and tub enclosures for the bathroom. Some window contractors can custom fabricate your new windows for you aside from the popular window brands of pre-manufactured windows.
Some Window Contractors in Santa Clara County Are Safer to Spend With Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these window contractors and window installation companies in Santa Clara County: Sigura Construction, Inc, Windows Doors & More, Four Season Windows & Doors, All Brand Windows, American Vision Windows Inc, Santa Clara Plastic & Glass, Simple Windows. Other window contractors in San Jose, Mountain View, Los Gatos, Cupertino and Gilroy CA that might still be in business include: Anderson Window Installation, ABC Window Contractors Incorporated, Crystal Clear Windows & Doors. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Window Contractors & Replacement Windows in Santa Clara County? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
When choosing which window contractors to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials before deciding:
• How long have they been doing windows in Santa Clara County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique weather that will effect choices in materials, window options and installation method. The length of experience doing windows in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, wood versus vinyl, custom fabricated windows versus pre-manufactured, energy efficient windows, etc.?
• Can the window replacement company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All window contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including brand names and product numbers of the windows, as well as the type of material and amount used for installation? (This is key because cheap window contractors in Santa Clara County often only seem cheaper because they are using less material, or inferior quality windows compared to others which will not last and require expensive repairs and maintenance later.)
• How long will it take them to complete the work?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the new windows to be installed?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All window contractors in Santa Clara County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All window replacement companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best window contractors in Santa Clara County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All window contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Replacement Windows in Santa Clara County
AWDI American Window and Door Institute (http://www.awdi.com/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (www.dca.ca.gov)
EWC Efficient Windows Collaborative (http://www.efficientwindows.org/)
WDMA Window & Door Manufacturers Association (http://www.wdma.com/)
Media & Web Publications About Windows in Santa Clara County
Door and Window Manufacturer Magazine
Window and Door Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Windows in Santa Clara County within the following zip codes:
94087, 95123, 95021, 95101, 95113, 95014, 95148, 95151, 95141, 95127, 94301, 95042, 95131, 95122, 95038, 95161, 95011, 95136, 95158, 95071, 94309, 95044, 95170, 95155, 95115, 94041, 94023, 95110, 94306, 95153, 95128, 95129, 95035, 95154, 94035, 94086, 95125, 95134, 94024, 95164, 95056, 95130, 95156, 95002, 95051, 95140, 95150, 95126, 95152, 94303, 95135, 95116, 95037, 95026, 95008, 95157, 95172, 95132, 94089, 95020, 94085, 95009, 95139, 95108, 95117, 95015, 94302, 95031, 95121, 94304, 94039, 94305, 95119, 95032, 95120, 95055, 94042, 95013, 95112, 95103, 95106, 94040, 94088, 95138, 94022, 95109, 95052, 94043, 95159, 95133, 95036, 95030, 95050, 95118, 95111, 95054, 95070, 95160, 95173, 95124 and 95046
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Replacement Windows in Santa Clara County within the following cities:
Monta Vista, Campbell, Los Gatos, San Martin, Saratoga, New Almaden, Redwood Estates, Coyote, Los Altos Hills, Santa Clara, Palo Alto, Permanente, Alviso, Holy City, Gilroy, Morgan Hill, Redwood Est, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, East Palo Alto, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, Mt View, Stanford, Cupertino, Mountain View, Blossom Valley, San Jose and Mt Hamilton