How to Find the Best Flooring Contractors in Napa County CANew flooring installed by professional flooring contractors adds value to your home and means more comfort. Flooring contractors in Napa County install hardwood flooring and other materials for residential flooring and commercial flooring.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best flooring contractors in Napa County and issues related to new flooring installs & floor repair.
Updated May 7, 2013
Top 10 Flooring Contractors in Napa County
|W Isaak Construction Inc|
Send an email to this Company
PO Box 750
Penngrove, CA 94951
State Contractor's License #753653 (B)
Areas Served: North Bay including Napa county
Services: flooring installers, hardwood flooring, flooring repair
Key Brands: Marvin Windows, Kohler, ROHL
|Universal Hardwood Floor Co|
214 Alchemy Way
Napa, CA 94558
Areas Served: Napa County incl. Napa CA, Pope Valley, Calistoga, Rutherford, Angwin, St Helena
|Spiteri Brothers, Inc.|
3285 California Blvd
Napa, CA 94558
Areas Served: Napa Valley, Napa, Calistoga, Angwin, Pope Valley, Rutherford, St Helena
Services: all Napa County flooring services incl. flooring repair, linoleum floor
|Capitol Seamless Floors|
1052 2nd Ave
Napa, CA 94558
Areas Served: Napa CA, American Canyon CA, Calistoga CA, St Helena CA, Yountville CA, Angwin CA
Services: Napa county flooring contractors & floor layers of new hardwood floors, custom
|Avelar Hardwood Floors|
111 Fairview Dr
Napa, CA 94559
Areas Served: Napa CA, Saint Helena, Yountville, Angwin, Rutherford, Calistoga, Pope Valley
|Blackney & Marsh Floors|
2550 Oak St
Napa, CA 94559
Areas Served: Napa CA, Calistoga CA,American Canyon CA, Angwin CA, Yountville CA, St Helena CA
Services: low cost new carpets and new flooring, new vinyl floors sales, new linoleum floors
461 Technology Way
Napa, CA 94558
Areas Served: Napa County, incl. Napa CA, Yountville, Calistoga, Angwin, Yountville, Rutherford
Services: Napa area flooring contractors & new floor builders incl. hardwood floor
In addition to installing new floors, flooring contractors in Napa Valley also do floor repair like hardwood floor sanding and refinishing, and other floor restoration.
Flooring Contractors in Napa County Perform Numerous Services
Flooring contractors in Napa Valley often specialize in different niches of the flooring industry (new flooring installation, fabrication, hardwood, linoleum, etc.). Some do strictly residential work, others are strictly commercial flooring contractors, and some do both. Most flooring contractors install new hardwood flooring, but they might also repair flooring or do floor refinishing. Some flooring contractors can even perform the duties necessary to prepare the subfloor.
Some hardwood flooring contractors in Napa County do every aspect of the installation process from initial fabrication to post-installation flooring finish work. They can custom stain and perform dustless sanding of hard materials, and install other features to embellish the new addition, such as custom moulding, custom milling, custom borders and inlays, inserts, matching baseboards or ceramic tile baseboards.
Some flooring contractors also perform as floor covering installers, meaning carpet layers, and layers of other floor coverings like linoleum.
Flooring Contractors in Napa County Work with a Variety of Good Flooring Products
There are many standard, affordable options in the flooring marketplace. Unfortunately, many of them involve some kind of compromise. Lighter, cheap flooring can stain easily, colors may fade with time and some shed or unrelentingly retain odors. But flooring contractors in Napa Valley can install carpeting, laminate and wood flooring options far beyond shag carpet and synthetic linoleum. Materials range anywhere from stain-resistant carpets to environmentally-friendly composites.
With the proliferation of flooring types and technology, the capabilities of the installing contractors have had to progress and multiply as well. Good flooring contractors are equipped to perform precision installation of most laminated or unfinished wood flooring, including red oak, white oak, bamboo (which is technically a grass), fumed oak, Brazilian cherry, hand distressed beech, cherry, or beveled beech.
Flooring contractors may also be acquainted with the techniques necessary to install merbau, ash, maple, hickory, pecan, distressed natural beech, and finished or unfinished exotic hardwood flooring.
Aside from appearance and practicality, there are other factors you may choose to consider when working with a flooring contractor in Napa County. Some flooring contractors offer options in environmentally friendly or sustainable materials, so-called "green flooring", such as vinyl composition tile (VCT), reclaimed hardwoods, reclaimed bamboo, acid-proof dex-o-tex, or other sustainable flooring materials.
Not All Flooring Contractors in Napa County Are Equal
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these flooring contractors in Napa County: W Isaak Construction Inc, Capitol Seamless Floors, Spiteri Brothers, Inc., Prema Floors, Blackney & Marsh Floors, Avelar Hardwood Floors, Universal Hardwood Floor Co. Other flooring contractors who might still serve Napa County include: .
• How long have they been in business?
• How many floor covering installations, floor repair or new floor installations have the floor contractors done in your area of Napa County specifically? (Different areas have different climate and moisture issues which can effect the choice of floor materials or installation methods, and lots of previous installations in your specific climate indicates experience in this regard.)
•How much experience do they have in the exact type of new flooring you want installed?
• Can the flooring contractor give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All flooring contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• How long should it take them to complete your new flooring installation?
• How do they price floor coverings, flooring materials and floor installation?
• Do the flooring contractors do finishing work as well as general flooring installation?
• Are they hardwood floor contractors, wood flooring contractors, commercial flooring contractors or floor covering installers?
• Does the flooring contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All flooring contractors in Napa County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that includes the exact amount of material to be used, and the brand names and product numbers? (This is important because cheap flooring contractors often only seem to cost less because they're actually using less material or inferior material that will cost more later in repairs or maintenance.)
• Can the flooring contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All flooring companies in Napa County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How often do they clean up and using what method or machines?• What is the manufacturer warranty on the flooring they are proposing to install?
• Do they give written guarantees on their floor installations aside from manufacturer warranties?
When you've chosen the best flooring company in Napa County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed as flooring contractors in Napa County CA. (All flooring companies in Napa County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Flooring Contractors Associations & Licensing
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
CFI Certified Floor Covering Installers (http://www.cfi-installers.org/)
CSLB Contractors State License Board (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
FIANA Floor Installation Association of North America (http://www.fiana.org/)
FCICA Floor Covering Installation Contractors Association (http://www.fcica.com/)
MFMA Maple Flooring Manufacturing Association (http://www.maplefloor.org/)
NALFA North American Laminate Flooring Association (http://www.nalfa.com/)
NOFMA Wood Flooring Manufacturers Association (http://www.nofma.org/)
NWFA National Wood Flooring Association (http://www.woodfloors.org/)
PFIA Professional Flooring Installers Association (http://www.pfia.org/)
WFCA Wood Floor Covering Association (http://www.wfca.org/)
Media & Web Resources for Flooring Contractors
Design Journal Magazine
Environmental Design and Construction Magazine
Floor Covering Installer Magazine
Floor Focus Magazine
Fine Homebuilding Magazine
Hardwood Floors Magazine
Jobsite Magazine-Floor Covering
National Floor Trends Magazine
Residential Design and Build Magazine
Traditional Home Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Flooring Contractors in Napa County within the following zip codes:
94503, 94508, 94515, 94558, 94559, 94562, 94567, 94573, 94574, 94576, 94581 and 94599
Flooring Contractors Calistoga CA
Donald Williams Wood Floors Calistoga CA 94515
Flooring Contractors Napa CA
AA Hardwood Floors Napa CA 94558
Avelar Hardwood Floors Napa CA 94559
Blackney & Marsh Floors Napa CA 94559
Capitol Seamless Floors Napa CA 94558
Cliff Putnam Carpet Install Napa CA 94558
Dave Dugan Floors Napa CA 94558
Gus Orozco's Flooring Service Napa CA 94558
Michael's Carpet Service Napa CA 94559
Napa Floor Napa CA 94581
Prema Floors Napa CA 94558
Spiteri Brothers Napa CA 94558
Universal Hardwood Floors Napa CA 94558
Vintage Contractors Napa CA 94558