How to Find the Best Signage in Orange CountySign makers and sign contractors in Orange County handle all aspects of signage including custom sign design, sign fabrication, sign installation, sign repair and maintenance. For everything from simple pole signs to electric signs and LED message boards, use this report to find the best sign companies and ask the right questions of potential sign contractors in Anaheim, Orange, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Santa Ana, Huntington Beach and Garden Grove CA before you hire.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best sign companies in Orange County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated February 7, 2013
Top 10 Sign Companies in Orange County
|Signage Solutions Corporation|
1336 S Allec Street
Anaheim, CA 92805
Areas Served: Orange County, Anaheim CA, Irvine CA, Lake Forest CA, Huntington Beach CA
|Continental Signs Inc|
7541 D Santa Rita Circle
Stanton, CA 90680
Areas Served: Orange County, Huntington Beach CA, Costa Mesa CA, Anaheim CA, Irvine CA, Brea CA
|Absolute Sign Inc|
4652 Katella Avenue
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Areas Served: Orange County, Anaheim CA, Huntington Beach CA, Costa Mesa CA, Newport Beach CA
|Home Run Elite Signs Inc|
15562 Chemical Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Areas Served: Orange County, Huntington Beach, Anaheim CA, Santa Ana CA, Irvine, Tustin CA
17530 Page Court
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Areas Served: Orange County, Yorba Linda CA, Anaheim CA, Newport Beach CA, Tustin CA, Brea CA
|Coast Sign Incorporated|
1500 W Embassy Street
Anaheim, CA 92802
Areas Served: Orange County, Irvine CA, Anaheim CA, Newport Beach CA, Huntington Beach CA
Sign companies in Orange County CA are not legally required to have general liability insurance, however all sign companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses you in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as phone calls to previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
In addition to sign design and installation, licensed sign contractors also conduct site surveys in preparation for sign installations, and perform sign maintenance and repair like replacing missing sign letters, wiring repair for electrical signs including digital and LED signage, replacing neon bulbs, routine sign cleaning, and more.
Questions For Makers of Signs in Orange County:
• Are they a genuine sign company or are they merely a sign broker?
• Do they offer sign design? If so, what is their design background, education, or qualifications?
• Are they sign makers, or sign installers, or both? If both, are they doing the installation themselves as licensed contractors or they are subcontracting it out to a sign contractor and if so, which one?
• Can the sign company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All sign companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• Do they offer a written guarantee on their labor and for how long? Is there a written warranty on the sign itself whether or not they are the sign manufacturer?
• How many signs do they do each year that are the same type as yours? There can be a difference in the experience required to do proper sign design or sign installation between different types of signage, such as pole signs versus neon signs, monument signs versus electrical signs, channel letter signs versus pylon signs, etc.
• Can they do computer design visuals of your specific property so you can see how different options in new signage would look before making a decision among all the options of sign type, size, color, etc.?
• After you explain what you want, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• Will they give you a detailed bid in writing for the new signage including the exact materials used to make your sign (type and amount of paint, thickness of metal) construction method, fastening method, etc? This is important. A cheap sign company may only appear less expensive because they've left out important details from the bid, preventing you from seeing that you're getting much less than what another sign company has quoted.
• If you're getting a bid for an electric sign including neon signs or LED signs, can they help you estimate your monthly or annual energy cost to run it? Can they help you compare the energy costs among different options in electric signs?
• In the case of signs requiring metal work, will the letters be welded together or merely screwed, stapled or pop-riveted? Welding gives better structural integrity and some cities in Orange County or landlords may require welded sign letters.
Questions For Installers of Signs in Orange County: • Do they offer ongoing sign maintenance or sign repair services for the new signage after installation?
• What permits for the signage will be required for your area of Orange County? Will they be pulling the necessary permits or do they expect you to do that? If they will, is that cost included in their price quote or is it extra and by how much?
• How many other signs have they installed in Orange County? How many in your town? This can be an indication of how familiar they are, or not, with state, county, or city ordinances regarding signs.
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough sign survey of your property first?
• Can the sign contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All sign companies in Orange County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How well does the sign company know the installation crew coming to your property? Are they using trained, long term employees, or do they use temporary labor on a project-by-project basis? Remember, the owner of the sign company may be a licensed sign contractor but his employees probably aren't and employee abilities and degree of professionalism can vary widely.
• Does the sign contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All sign contractors in Orange County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
Once you've got answers to these questions, you're ready to review their bid. Price should rarely be the determining factor since cheap signs in Orange County usually aren't the best signs and it can cost you more to repair or replace than if you chose the best sign company to begin with.
When you've chosen the best sign company in Orange County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a C45 license for sign contractors in Orange County CA. (All sign companies in Orange County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
The following is a list of trade associations relevant to signage in Orange County:
ISA (International Sign Association)
NASSD (National Association of Sign Supply Distributors)
Calsign (California Sign Association)
USSC (United States Sign Council)
WSSC (Western States Sign Council)
The following are publications relevant to signage in Anaheim, Orange, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Santa Ana, Huntington Beach and Garden Grove CA and Orange County
SignWeb - The Signmakers' Resource
Sign Builder Illustrated
Sign & Digital Graphics Trade Magazine
If you are looking for sign makers or sign installers, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signage in Orange County within the following zip codes:
90620, 90621, 90622, 90623, 90624, 90630, 90631, 90632, 90633, 90680, 90720, 90721, 90740, 90742, 90743, 92602, 92603, 92604, 92605, 92606, 92607, 92609, 92610, 92612, 92614, 92615, 92616, 92617, 92618, 92619, 92620, 92623, 92624, 92625, 92626, 92627, 92628, 92629, 92630, 92637, 92646, 92647, 92648, 92649, 92650, 92651, 92652, 92653, 92654, 92655, 92656, 92657, 92658, 92659, 92660, 92661, 92662, 92663, 92672, 92673, 92674, 92675, 92676, 92677, 92678, 92679, 92683, 92684, 92685, 92688, 92690, 92691, 92692, 92693, 92694, 92697, 92698, 92701, 92702, 92703, 92704, 92705, 92706, 92707, 92708, 92709, 92710, 92711, 92712, 92725, 92728, 92735, 92780, 92781, 92782, 92799, 92801, 92802, 92803, 92804, 92805, 92806, 92807, 92808, 92809, 92811, 92812, 92814, 92815, 92816, 92817, 92821, 92822, 92823, 92825, 92831, 92832, 92833, 92834, 92835, 92836, 92837, 92838, 92840, 92841, 92842, 92843, 92844, 92845, 92846, 92850, 92856, 92857, 92859, 92861, 92862, 92863, 92864, 92865, 92866, 92867, 92868, 92869, 92870, 92871, 92885, 92886, 92887 and 92899
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signs in Orange County within the following cities:
Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Coto de Caza, Cowan Heights, Cypress, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Lemon Heights, Los Alamitos, Midway City, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, North Tustin, Orange, Orange Park Acres, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, Rossmoor, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Silverado Canyon, Stanton, Sunset Beach, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster and Yorba Linda