The Best Remodelers in Placer County CA Are the Ones Verified as Safe To Hire
Remodeling contractors in Placer County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones that exceeded the minimum California regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have met the TOP 10 requirements for value and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who have agreed to hire only documented employees, and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as home remodelers, addition builders, commercial remodeling contractors or for home repairs in Placer County CA.
Updated December 29, 2016
|Artisan Remodeling Inc|
7407 Daphne Dr
Granite Bay, CA 95746
Areas Served: Roseville Calif,Placer County CA,Auburn CA,Lincoln CA,Rocklin CA,Granite Bay CA
Services: local home improvement contractors, home additions, retail & commercial remodeling
|Action Home Repairs|
6411 Twin Oaks Ct
Foresthill, CA 95631
Areas Served: North Auburn CA,Granite Bay CA,Lincoln CA,Rocklin CA,Roseville CA,Placer County CA
Services: home repair, commercial remodels, retail renovations, remodeling services
|Mark Gentry Remodeling|
881 Meadow Gate Rd
Meadow Vista, CA 95722
Areas Served: Rocklin CA,Placer County CA,Lincoln CA,Roseville CA,Granite Bay CA,Lincoln CA
Services: residential remodeling contractors, commercial remodelers, addition builders
|Foley Home Improvement & Repair|
1424 Everett Way
Roseville, CA 95747
Areas Served: Granite Bay CA,Placer County CA,Rocklin CA,North Auburn CA,Lincoln CA,Roseville CA,
Services: home improvement, home renovating, commercial remodeling contractors
|Eagle Home Enhancements|
3714 Copper Penny Ln
Auburn, CA 95602
Areas Served: Placer County CA,Roseville CA,Rocklin CA,Lincoln CA,Granite Bay CA,Auburn CA,Loomis
Services: remodeling specialists, home repair, additions, home improvement company
|Matte Building & Remodeling|
315 Olive Ave
Carnelian Bay, CA 96140
Areas Served: Placer County CA,Roseville Calif,Auburn CA,Lincoln CA,Rocklin CA,Granite Bay CA
Services: remodelers, sunroom, sun porch, solarium, home additions, home repair
|JNT Building & Remodeling|
PO Box 5528
Auburn, CA 95604
Areas Served: Auburn CA,Placer County CA,Granite Bay CA,Lincoln CA,Rocklin CA,Roseville CA,Colfax
Services: remodeling contractors for home remodeling, retail remodeling, commercial remodeling
|Armadillo Remodeling Service|
3370 Sierra College Blvd
Loomis, CA 95650
Areas Served: Placer County CA,Roseville CA,Rocklin CA,Lincoln CA,Granite Bay CA,Auburn CA,Loomis
Services: home renovations, home improvement, remodeling, sun rooms, basement remodeling
Commercial remodeling contractors and home remodelers in Placer County CA are required to be licensed by the state of California in order to do any home repair or remodeling work over $500.00.
But that is no guarantee that any particular commercial remodeler or home improvement company in Placer County CA is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all remodeling contractors in Placer County CA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Signs of the Best Remodelers in Placer County CA:
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE WITH REMODELS
A remodeling project, whether home improvement or commercial remodeling, is often more complex than building from scratch. First, the remodeling contractor has to work within the limitations or peculiarities of the existing structure. Second, it's common for surprises to come up during the remodel, because some things can't be known until walls or ceilings are opened, floors taken up, etc. exposing hidden factors. The best remodeling contractors in Placer County CA are those with the experience to forsee these possibilities and the honesty to explain them to you at the outset, particularly, how it can affect the final cost of the remodel.
Respect and consideration for the customer are also hallmarks of good remodeling contractors since remodels often require work done while the customer is working or living in the space. For this reason, communicating their expected work schedule to you all along the way, keeping to it, or giving you notice on occasions where they can't, are all characteristics of the best remodeling contractors. Some remodelers in Placer County will even bring portable toilets for the use of the crew to avoid their use of your washroom (or your bushes). A customer living on site during a home remodeling proejct should expect some inconvience during the project, but again, respectful remodeling contractors will keep the potential inconvience to the minimum possible.
Attention to keeping the work site as neat as possible throughout, and cleaning thoroughly at the end of each day, like vacuuming dust and putting materials away, are behaviors that set some remodeling contractors far above the rest and result in much higher customer satisfaction with the finished project.
Home remodelers should know their crew well and be able to vouch for them as trustworthy especially when that crew has access to your home or family.
Of course attention to detail is important for quality work, but detail is critical right from the beginning with the cost proposal they prepare for you. Such a bid should detail the exact brands, fixtures, types of materials and amounts of each. If not, the bid might be quoting only the cheapest options so that later when you find out once the project is underway and you request better substitutions, the cost goes up. So good remodelers will go over those options with you before submitting a written proposal, and include your specific choices, and their costs, in the written bid.
Home Remodelers in Placer County CA Add Value
Remodeling contractors in Placer County CA perform many aspects of home repair or specialized home remodeling. A straightforward way to add value to your home is to remodel areas where dated technology and style are most glaring.
Not only are home improvement companies in Placer County CA able to make an existing space appear larger, they can also create space by shifting square footage to one room from another or by doing a home addition. Finishing a basement is a great way to get extra living space without a home addition, or perhaps a wine cellar.
Other home remodeling contractors specialize in just certain aspects of home improvement like carports and patio covers, sunrooms and screen rooms in Placer County. But even contractors building patio covers or sun rooms in Placer County must be fully competant state-licensed contractors.
Whether it's a big family room with a new fireplace or a new guest room, office, granny unit, garage, sunroom, patio cover, patio enclosure, screen room, carport, wine cellar, second story addition, or even a complete reconstruction of an older house, use the above list of home remodeling companies in Placer County proven through independent research as safer, more reliable, and who provide more value.
Added Value From Basement Finishing by Basement Remodelers in Placer County CA
Many homeowners have gotten additional value and a higher quality of life from their home with basement finishing in Placer County CA done by experienced basement remodeling contractors. It's an immediate increase in living space often for less cost than a home addition. But the basement remodelers in Placer County CA must be experienced with the specifics to basement finishing, such as moisture control, checking floor joists, proper and safe ventilation, and what it will take to get a basement remodeling project to conform to local building codes for a space that is often starts as non-conforming. The best basement remodeling contractors in Placer County CA will be able to show you previous finished basement remodeling projects.
Increased Popularity of Patio Enclosures, Sunrooms & Patio Covers in Placer County CA
Changes to more comfortably enjoy your outdoor space or to bring facets of the outdoors to an inside space are increasing in popularity. Patio cover companies and sunroom contractors in Placer County are frequent choice.
A sunroom, sun lounge, sun porch or sun parlor is a portion of the home provding enjoyment of the sun and the view while avoiding adverse weather such as wind and rain. They also go by the terms patio room, solarium, conservatory, patio enclosure or Florida room. Some are designed with the view as the priority, others are intended to collect sunlight for light and warmth.
Patio enclosures and patio covers are another option. Patio cover companies build a roof with supports to cover a patio. Patio covers provide protection from rain and shade. If such an area is also surrounded by screens, it may be referred to as a screen room.
Some Home Remodeling Contractors in Placer County CA Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these remodeling contractors in Placer County: Eagle Home Enhancements, JNT Building & Remodeling, Action Home Repairs, Armadillo Remodeling Service, Mark Gentry Remodeling, Artisan Remodeling Inc, Foley Home Improvement & Repair, Matte Building & Remodeling. Other home remodeling contractors in Placer County CA that might still be in business include: .
When choosing among remodeling contractors in Placer County CA, ask these questions about their experience, process, and procedures before hiring:
• How long have they been doing business specifically as remodelers in Placer County?
• Can they show you examples of work they've done similar to what you're asking for?
• Can the remodelers give you names and numbers of previous customers you can call as references? (All remodeling companies in Placer County CA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they specialize in the type of home remodel work you've described? The particular expertise needed to build a sunroom or screen enclosed patio can be different than that needed by home addition builders, or finishing a basement.
• Will the home improvement remodelers provide written contracts for their remodeling projects?
• How soon after a contract is signed would they begin?
• What is project timeframe from contract signing to completion?
• Once the remodeling begins, will they be on the job every day until done, or will they be disappearing for days during the project to work for other clients? If so, will this affect the estimated due date?
• Will they show you proof of workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All remodelers in Placer County CA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you the cost estimate in writing with complete detail of the exact items, fixtures, and brands including project numbers, types of materials and exact amount to be used? (This is key because cheap remodeling companies often only seem so because they have bid on the lowest cost options knowing you will probably want upgrades once you see them, leading to an increase in actual cost over the one in their bid.)
• Can they demonstrate to you that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All remodelers in Placer County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Do they provide any written guarantees on their labor aside from manufacturers warranties, and if so, for how long?
• Will permits be needed for the home remodeling by Placer County or by your city? If so, who will be responsible for getting the permits, you or the remodeler?
• Do the remodeling companies use only their own employees do they hire subcontractors? If so, what are the names of those companies so you can research them?
• If they use subcontractors, will you pay those subcontractors directly or are they paid by the remodeling company? If by the remodeler, what assurance do you have that the subcontractors will be paid on time and will not file a lien on your property?
• How often and when do the home remodelers and addition builders clean up throughout a home renovation or addition project?
• What procedures or equipment do they use to minimize the impact the remodeling has on the rest of your living space, i.e. dust barriers, air filters, etc?
• How will they communicate to you their expected schedule to be on-site, and how often?
• Can they foresee any potential surprises that might occur in the middle of the project due to what they learn about the existing structure or materials, what's inside walls, etc. and by how much money might could that potentially affect the total cost?
When you've chosen the best remodeling company in Placer County CA for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by the state of California since that's required by law. (All remodeling companies in Placer County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Remodelers in Placer County CA
ABC Associated Builders and Contractors www.abc.org
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.assaonline.com
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
NARI National Association of the Remodeling Industry www.nari.org
CSLB California Contractors State License Board www.cslb.ca.gov
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs www.dca.ca.gov
Media & Web Resources Relevant To Commerical and Home Remodelers in Placer County CA
Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
Home & Design
New Old House
Old House Journal
This Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Remodeling Contractors in Placer County CA within the following zip codes:
95747, 95663, 95681, 95717, 95722, 95678, 95714, 95703, 95658, 95701, 95661, 96143, 95650, 95713, 95736, 95631, 95746, 96140, 95603, 96146, 96145, 95677, 96141, 95765, 95648, 96148, 95602 and 95604
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Remodelers in Placer County CA within the following cities:
Sunnyside-Tahoe City, Rocklin, North Auburn, Lincoln, Tahoe Vista, Sheridan, Roseville, Newcastle, Alta, Penryn, Meadow Vista, Kings Beach, Granite Bay, Colfax, Loomis, Foresthill, Dollar Point and Auburn