How to Find the Best Deck Contractors in San Mateo County CADeck contractors in San Mateo County are licensed to construct and repair all types of decks, deck railings, and many other outdoor structures. If you need good deck contractors in San Mateo County who can build new custom decks in Redwood City, South SF and Burlingame according to local building codes, you're in the right place. In addition to building new decks, many deck companies offer deck refinishing services and deck restoration in San Mateo County, which makes old decks look new and may include deck repairs.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best deck contractors in San Mateo County and issues related to hiring them for new decks or deck repair.
Updated April 23, 2015
Send an email to this Company
1530 Claremont Dr
San Bruno, CA 94066
State Contractor's License #976466
Areas Served: San Mateo County & Bay Area incl., Redwood City, Burlingame, Atherton, Hillsborough, ...
Services: deck installers for new decks
Key Brands: Kohler, Merillat Cabinets
|Kenneth R. Turnage II General Contractor, Inc.|
Send an email to this Company
(925) 754-5232, Fax: (925) 754-5020
309 East 18th St.
Antioch, CA 94509
State Contractors License #787499
Areas Served: San Mateo County incl. Redwood City, Burlingame CA, Atherton, Hillsborough CA, ...
Services: deck builders for new decks & deck construction
|Sigura Construction, Inc|
Send an email to this Company
1300 Memorex Dr
Santa Clara, CA 95050
State Contractor's License #865155
Areas Served: San Mateo incl Redwood City, Burlingame, Atherton, Hillsborough, Foster City, Menlo ...
Services: deck contractors & deck builders for new decks
Key Brands: American Standard, Grohe (Grohe Plumbing Fixtures), Hansgrohe, Kohler
|Natural Vibrations Inc|
Send an email to this Company
(650) 284-4041, (805) 234-1636
200 Pilarcitos Avenue #3
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
State Contractor's License #884117 (C27, B)
Areas Served: San Mateo County incl. Half Moon Bay CA, Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Broadmoor ...
Key Brands: FX Luminaire Lighting, Irritrol Systems Irrigation Systems, Native Sons Nursery
Deck contractors in San Mateo County are required to have a state contractor's license for your protection, such as the specialty D41 license for deck builders specifically. If deck contractors in San Mateo County have employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection because if a worker is injured on your property and the company doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injuries.
Deck contractors in San Mateo County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all those bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
With nice weather comes the drive to move things outdoors. But who wants to spend time reclined in the wet grass, dodging anthills and sinkholes, when you can comfortably lounge on a clean, level deck? Adding a new deck can beautify your yard, increase the resale value of your home, and make it more livable. Although there's the option of undertaking this kind of deck building project yourself, it's difficult work. With short-sighted planning or inadequate materials, you could cause your home to lose value.
That's why it's advisable to choose good deck contractors or deck builders in San Mateo County. The Prime Buyer's Report has collected the following information to help you find the best deck contractors in Redwood City, South SF and Burlingame.
Deck Contractors in San Mateo County Perform Numerous Services
If you want your new deck built well, professional decking contractors have the specific skills to select the right lumber or composite material for construction of custom decks, stairs, porches, screen porches, railings, docks, and even gazebos. Aside from basic assembly, deck contractors can sand, seal, stain, paint and waterproof new decks.
Many of them also perform deck refinishing in San Mateo County which is deck restoration and deck repair to make old decks look like new. They are capable of stain and mildew removal, pressure washing, high heat cleaning, dry rot removal, nail setting, deck wood brightening and the application of new protective coatings. As specialists, deck contractors in San Mateo County have a more refined understanding of the design and materials involved in deck building, so they are more likely to offer sound design advice and conduct a successful installation of new outdoor decks.
Deck Contractors in San Mateo County Use Many Popular Decking Materials
Decking contractors in San Mateo County work with a variety of high quality lumber to build your deck, gazebo or porch to your exact specifications. They can offer pressure-treated wood, Brazilian teak, Brazilian cherry, redwood, mahogany, Western red cedar, Southern yellow pine, Siberian Larch, treated fir and treated pine. Deck contractors may also be able to obtain more exotic materials, such as cumaru, ipe, jarrah, jatoba, purple heart, haiari, janka, cambera, goiabao, macaranduba, tauari, marupa and mangaris.
And with the fairly recent wave of synthetic decking materials, good new deck construction contractors can even build with a number of composite or artificial decking products, including plastic and wood mixes, fiberglass, modular tiles, solid composite, hollow composite, recycled wool fibers and polyethylene, Trex or Biodac. Certain deck contractors may also be willing to build new decks with vinyl, virgin vinyl, laminated vinyl membrane, or aluminum.
Some Deck Contractors in San Mateo County Are Much Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for decks in San Mateo County: Bruce Construction, Kenneth R. Turnage II General Contractor, Inc., Sigura Construction, Inc, Natural Vibrations Inc, John Fogleman Construction, E A Concrete Co, Marsh Fence & Deck, Bay Area Sunrooms, Inc.. Other deck contractors in Redwood City, South SF and Burlingame CA that might still be in business include: Masterpiece Gardens & Design. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Deck Contractors in San Mateo County? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
When it comes to decks in San Mateo County CA, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the companies you're considering hiring:
• How long have they been doing decks in San Mateo County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique soil conditions and weather that will effect choices in construction method, material, and finishes. The length of experience doing decks in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, wood decks versus synthetic composite decks, etc.?
• Can the deck company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All deck contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of material to be used, brand names, and product numbers? (This is key because cheap deck contractors in San Mateo County often only seem cheaper because they are using thinner lumber, less material, or inferior quality material compared to others which will not last and require expensive repairs and maintenance later.)
• How long will it take them to complete the work?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will they check the local zoning ordinances to make sure the new deck conforms to code?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All deck contractors in San Mateo County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How do they determine pricing?
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All deck companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best deck contractors in San Mateo County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All deck contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Trex, Evergrain, JER Envirotech, EON, Veranda, EZ Deck, Pultonix, Infinity, LP Weatherbest, Deckmaster Fasteners, GeoDeck, EverNew, Oasis Decking, Timbertech, Eco Decking Tiles, Certainteed, Choicedek, Nexwood, Epoch composite material decking, and Vixen Hill products.
Associations & Licensing for Deck Builders and Deck Contractors in San Mateo County
AITC American Institute of Timber Construction (http://www.aitc-glulam.org/)
APA EWA American Engineered Wood Association (http://www.apawood.org/)
AWC American Wood Council (http://www.awc.org/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
CRA California Redwood Association (http://www.calredwood.org/)
CSLB Contractor State License Board (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (www.dca.ca.gov)
DIA Deck Industry Association (http://www.deckindustry.org/)
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
NADRA North American Deck and Railing Association (http://www.nadra.org/)
WRCLA Western Red Cedar Lumber Association (http://www.wrcla.org/)
WWPA Western Wood Products Association (http://www.wwpa.org/)
Deck Building Media & Web Resources
Backyard Living Magazine
Deck Contractor Magazine
Garden, Deck, and Landscape Magazine
Professional Deck Builder Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Deck Contractors in San Mateo County within the following zip codes:
94005, 94074, 94011, 94026, 94401, 94002, 94018, 94070, 94028, 94065, 94128, 94027, 94030, 94064, 94044, 94402, 94066, 94021, 94404, 94083, 94096, 94019, 94038, 94063, 94037, 94060, 94098, 94080, 94010, 94403, 94061, 94062, 94015, 94017, 94014, 94016, 94025 and 94020
Decks San Bruno CA
Marsh Fence & Deck Co San Bruno CA 94066
Master Craft Deck Sanding San Bruno CA 94066
Decks San Carlos CA
Archadeck San Carlos CA 94070