How To Find the Best Financial Planners in San Bernardino County CA
Investment advisors or financial planners in San Bernardino County CA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those who have exceeded the minimum California state and federal standards. They are the ones that have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them as investment advisors or financial planners in San Bernardino County CA, including for retirement planning, estate planning, cash flow management or risk management.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Chabot Wealth Management|
11810 Sebastian Way, Ste 105
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Areas Served: Rancho Cucamonga CA, Upland CA, Ontario CA, Etiwanda CA, Fontana CA, Hunter's Ridge CA
|First American Trust|
323 W Court St, Ste 312
San Bernardino, CA 92401
Areas Served: San Bernardino CA, Colton CA, Redlands CA, Rialto CA, Fontana CA, Bloomington CA
|Tax & Retirement Services|
2551 S Euclid Ave
Ontario, CA 91762
Areas Served: Ontario CA, Upland CA, Chino CA, Rancho Cucamonga CA, Claremont CA, Montclair CA
|CORE Financial Advisors|
1918 Business Center Drive, Suite 110
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Areas Served: San Bernardino CA, Muscoy CA, Rialto CA, Fontana CA, Colton CA, Redlands CA
|Stephenson Accountancy Corporation|
645 N La Cadena Dr
Colton, CA 92324
Areas Served: Colton CA, San Bernardino CA, Highland CA, Loma Linda CA, Redlands CA, Fontana CA
|Maupin Financial Services|
310 E Citrus Ave
Redlands, CA 92373
Areas Served: Redlands CA, San Bernardino CA, Riverview CA, Yucaipa CA, Loma Linda CA
The state of California does not require a state license of financial planners in San Bernardino County CA, while investment advisors may require a registration with the state or the SEC if they are performing as brokers of investments (financial products).
But even that registration is no guarantee that any particular investment advisor in San Bernardino County CA is competent, doing business ethically, providing value, or satisfying clients.
This makes it all the more significant that all investment advisors and financial planners in San Bernardino County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff, and have passed all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state registration (if doing investment product sales), sufficient time in business, best business practices, and more.
Financial planners assess your overall life circumstances and short term and long term financial goals to formulate a written financial plan to reach them, and then give ongoing advice on decisions that can affect them.
Many financial planners are also investment advisors. Investment advisors give advice about buying and trading securities such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds and often are the broker/dealers of those securities. Some of these investment advisers will manage for you your entire portfolio of securities. Not all investment advisors do financial planning however which is a more comprehensive management of all your financial goals and the items and decisions that affect them. Because financial planners are not necessarily selling or brokering financial products to you, they don't have to be registered with the state or federal government. Investment advisers, or financial planners that also perform as investment advisors do have to be registered. Those who manage more than $100 million in client assets must register with the SEC (Securities & Exchange Commission). Those who manage less must register with the state securities agency in their state.
Some financial planners and investment advisors are limited in their recommendations to a narrow range of investment products, including ones that aren't securities, meaning their advice may be influenced by commissions they're paid by the investment product company. So before you hire a financial planner or investment adviser ask them what limitations there are on their advice or products, what outside compensation they might be getting for brokering those financial products and how they are paid overall, including fees to you, and what their services include and don't include.
Financial planners and investment advisors are usually paid in one or more of the following ways:
• A fixed fee
• A commission on the securities they sell
• An hourly rate for the time they spend for you
• A percentage of the value of the assets they manage for you
Each of the above compensation methods have possible positives and negatives depending on your situation so ask the financial planner or investment advisor to explain the differences to you and to make a case for why their specific method of compensation is beneficial.
Some Financial Planners in San Bernardino County Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these investment advisors or financial planners in San Bernardino County CA: Stephenson Accountancy Corporation, Tax & Retirement Services, Chabot Wealth Management, Maupin Financial Services, First American Trust, CORE Financial Advisors. Other financial planners in Chino, Fontana, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga and San Bernardino CA that might still be in business include: .
When it comes to finding investment advisors or financial planners in San Bernardino County, as these questions about their abilities, background, experience and credentials:
• Do the financial planners have a minimum requirement for the net worth of clients they agree to take on, and if so what is it?
• Have they done financial planning for clients with situations similar to yours (such as individual vs business, single vs married, raising children, retirement focused, high net worth vs middle class, etc.), and if so, how many and with what outcome?
• Will they show you their ADV form which shows if they've had problems with regulators or clients? (All financial planners and investment advisors bearing The Prime Buyer's Report─TOP 10 symbol have already had their ADV form verified by our research staff as free of such problems.)
• Will they show you proof of professional liability insurance (such as E&O insurance) which protects you from financial loss in the event of their error? (All financial planners and investment advisors bearing The Prime Buyer's Report─TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of liability insurance.)
• Will they provide you with client names and numbers you can call as references? (All financial planners and investment advisors bearing The Prime Buyer's Report─TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our researchers so you don't have to.)
• How long have they been financial planners or investment advisers in San Bernardino County?
• What is their employment history prior to becoming a financial planner or investment adviser?
• How do they get paid, by whom, and how is it calculated?
• What do and don't their services include? (Many investment advisers do not do overall financial planning, and they might not manage your entire investment portfolio.)
• What method will they use to formulate an overall financial plan for you (if financial planners) or before they recommend specific investments (if investment advisors) and how much time will they spend with you doing so?
• Who at their firm will be your regular point of contact and what is their experience compared to the principal or partner?
• What credentials do they hold and what was required to earn them? Examples include CFP (Certified Financial Planner) and CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst).
When you've chosen the best financial planners in San Bernardino County for your specific needs, make sure they are registered by the SEC or the state if they broker financial products. (All financial planners and investment advisors bearing The Prime Buyer's Report─TOP 10 symbol have already had their registration verified by our researchers so you don't have to.)
The following is a list of trade associations and publications related to financial planning & investing.
Associations & Licensing for Investing & Financial Planning in San Bernardino County CA
CFA Institute (Chartered Financial Analyst)
CFP Board of Standards (Certified Financial Planners)
NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisor)
NAIFA (National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors)
AFCPE (Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education)
FPA (Financial Planning Association)
NAIPFA (National Association of Independent Public Finance Advisors)
AAAFA (Association of African American Financial Advisors)
IAA (Investment Adviser Association)
NAAIM (National Association of Active Investment Managers)
SROIIA (Self-Regulatory Organization for Independent Investment Advisers)
NOIP (National Organization of Investment Professionals)
NASD (National Association of Securities Dealers)
NASAA (North American Securities Administrators Association)
MFA (Managed Funds Association)
CFBTA (Commodity Floor Brokers and Trade Association)
ICAA (Investment Counsel Association of America)
STA (Security Traders Association)
AIMSE (Association of Investment Sales Executives)
Publications for Investment & Financial Planners in San Bernardino County
Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine
Business Finance Magazine
Pensions & Investments
Trusts and Estates
If you are looking for investment or financial planning services The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Financial Planners in San Bernardino County within the following zip codes:
91761, 92313, 92374, 92371, 92408, 92365, 92356, 92411, 92403, 92350, 91759, 92391, 92406, 92278, 91762, 92354, 92410, 92382, 91710, 91730, 92345, 92268, 92267, 92312, 92427, 92333, 92395, 92311, 91709, 92321, 92285, 92394, 92357, 92376, 91729, 91701, 92398, 92413, 91785, 92280, 91737, 92399, 92325, 92242, 92424, 92392, 92397, 92378, 92375, 91743, 92423, 92318, 92412, 92404, 92346, 92414, 91764, 92393, 91784, 92372, 91708, 92386, 92256, 92369, 92368, 92329, 92317, 92324, 91786, 92407, 92418, 92335, 92315, 92358, 92304, 92308, 92331, 92359, 92314, 92405, 92373, 92342, 92352, 92341, 92401, 92326, 92284, 92339, 92322, 92305, 92301, 92337, 92252, 92340, 92385, 91739, 92327, 92402, 92277, 92336, 91763, 92334, 92307, 91758, 92286, 92344, 92415 and 92377
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Financial Planners in San Bernardino County within the following cities:
Grand Terrace, Big Bear City, Rialto, Colton, Chino Hills, Chino, Hesperia, Upland, Bloomington, 29 Palms, Highland, Victorville, Loma Linda, San Bernardino, Crestline, Fontana, Muscoy, Apple Valley, Rancho Cucamonga, Yucaipa, Ontario, Redlands, Yucca Valley, Twentynine Palms, Adelanto, Big Bear Lake, Phelan, Barstow, Mentone and Montclair