How to Find the Best Flooring Contractors in the San Fernando Valley CANew flooring installed by professional flooring contractors adds value to your home and means more comfort. Flooring contractors in the San Fernando Valley install hardwood flooring and other materials for residential flooring and commercial flooring.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best flooring contractors in the San Fernando Valley and issues related to new flooring installs & floor repair.
Updated April 22, 2015
|A&S Floor Covering|
Send an email to this Company
21524 Sherman Way
Canoga Park, CA 91303
State License #942732
Areas Served: San Fernando Valley incl. Canoga Park CA
Services: flooring installers, carpet installers
|Heritage Hardwood Floors|
18037 Delano Street
Encino, CA 91316
Areas Served: San Fernando Valley, Burbank CA, Encino CA, Chatsworth CA, Calabasas CA, Van Nuys CA
|Century Custom Hardwood Floor Inc|
7147 Bellaire Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Areas Served: Van Nuys CA, Burbank CA, Santa Clarita Valley, Studio City CA, Chatsworth CA, Reseda CA
|Fernandez Hardwood Floors Inc|
29320 Hasley Cyn
Castaic, CA 91384
Areas Served: Chatsworth CA, Studio City CA, Sherman Oaks CA, Burbank CA, Santa Clarita CA, Encino CA
|V&A Flooring Inc|
633 S San Fernando Blvd
Burbank, CA 91502
Areas Served: Burbank CA, Studio City CA, Sherman Oaks CA, Van Nuys CA, Woodland Hills CA, Reseda CA
|Premiere Flooring Inc|
20976 Knapp Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Areas Served: North Hollywood CA, Burbank CA, Van Nuys CA, Studio City CA, Woodland Hills CA, ...
In addition to installing new floors, flooring contractors in Burbank, Chatsworth, Reseda, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Santa Clarita and San Fernando also do floor repair like hardwood floor sanding and refinishing, and other floor restoration.
Flooring Contractors in the San Fernando Valley Perform Numerous Services
Flooring contractors in Burbank, Chatsworth, Reseda, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Santa Clarita and San Fernando often specialize in different niches of the flooring industry (new flooring installation, fabrication, hardwood, linoleum, etc.). Some do strictly residential work, others are strictly commercial flooring contractors, and some do both. Most flooring contractors install new hardwood flooring, but they might also repair flooring or do floor refinishing. Some flooring contractors can even perform the duties necessary to prepare the subfloor.
Some hardwood flooring contractors in the San Fernando Valley do every aspect of the installation process from initial fabrication to post-installation flooring finish work. They can custom stain and perform dustless sanding of hard materials, and install other features to embellish the new addition, such as custom moulding, custom milling, custom borders and inlays, inserts, matching baseboards or ceramic tile baseboards.
Some flooring contractors also perform as floor covering installers, meaning carpet layers, and layers of other floor coverings like linoleum.
Flooring Contractors in the San Fernando Valley Work with a Variety of Good Flooring Products
There are many standard, affordable options in the flooring marketplace. Unfortunately, many of them involve some kind of compromise. Lighter, cheap flooring can stain easily, colors may fade with time and some shed or unrelentingly retain odors. But flooring contractors in Burbank, Chatsworth, Reseda, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Santa Clarita and San Fernando can install carpeting, laminate and wood flooring options far beyond shag carpet and synthetic linoleum. Materials range anywhere from stain-resistant carpets to environmentally-friendly composites.
With the proliferation of flooring types and technology, the capabilities of the installing contractors have had to progress and multiply as well. Good flooring contractors are equipped to perform precision installation of most laminated or unfinished wood flooring, including red oak, white oak, bamboo (which is technically a grass), fumed oak, Brazilian cherry, hand distressed beech, cherry, or beveled beech.
Flooring contractors may also be acquainted with the techniques necessary to install merbau, ash, maple, hickory, pecan, distressed natural beech, and finished or unfinished exotic hardwood flooring.
Aside from appearance and practicality, there are other factors you may choose to consider when working with a flooring contractor in the San Fernando Valley. Some flooring contractors offer options in environmentally friendly or sustainable materials, so-called "green flooring", such as vinyl composition tile (VCT), reclaimed hardwoods, reclaimed bamboo, acid-proof dex-o-tex, or other sustainable flooring materials.
Some Flooring Contractors in the San Fernando Valley Are Safer to Spend With Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these flooring contractors in the San Fernando Valley: A&S Floor Covering, V&A Flooring Inc, Fernandez Hardwood Floors Inc, Premiere Flooring Inc, Heritage Hardwood Floors, Century Custom Hardwood Floor Inc, Fuhrmann Floors Inc, European Parquet Inc, Acorn Hardwood Flooring Inc. Other flooring contractors in Burbank, Chatsworth, Reseda, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Santa Clarita and San Fernando CA that might still be in business include: .
• How long have they been in business?
• How many floor covering installations, floor repair or new floor installations have the floor contractors done in your area of the San Fernando Valley specifically? (Different areas have different climate and moisture issues which can effect the choice of floor materials or installation methods, and lots of previous installations in your specific climate indicates experience in this regard.)
•How much experience do they have in the exact type of new flooring you want installed?
• Can the flooring contractor give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All flooring contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• How long should it take them to complete your new flooring installation?
• How do they price floor coverings, flooring materials and floor installation?
• Do the flooring contractors do finishing work as well as general flooring installation?
• Are they hardwood floor contractors, wood flooring contractors, commercial flooring contractors or floor covering installers?
• Does the flooring contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All flooring contractors in the San Fernando Valley bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that includes the exact amount of material to be used, and the brand names and product numbers? (This is important because cheap flooring contractors often only seem to cost less because they're actually using less material or inferior material that will cost more later in repairs or maintenance.)
• Can the flooring contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All flooring companies in the San Fernando Valley bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How often do they clean up and using what method or machines?• What is the manufacturer warranty on the flooring they are proposing to install?
• Do they give written guarantees on their floor installations aside from manufacturer warranties?
When you've chosen the best flooring company in the San Fernando Valley for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed as flooring contractors in the San Fernando Valley CA. (All flooring companies in the San Fernando Valley bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Flooring Contractors Associations & Licensing
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
CFI Certified Floor Covering Installers (http://www.cfi-installers.org/)
CSLB Contractors State License Board (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
FIANA Floor Installation Association of North America (http://www.fiana.org/)
FCICA Floor Covering Installation Contractors Association (http://www.fcica.com/)
MFMA Maple Flooring Manufacturing Association (http://www.maplefloor.org/)
NALFA North American Laminate Flooring Association (http://www.nalfa.com/)
NOFMA Wood Flooring Manufacturers Association (http://www.nofma.org/)
NWFA National Wood Flooring Association (http://www.woodfloors.org/)
PFIA Professional Flooring Installers Association (http://www.pfia.org/)
WFCA Wood Floor Covering Association (http://www.wfca.org/)
Media & Web Resources for Flooring Contractors
Design Journal Magazine
Environmental Design and Construction Magazine
Floor Covering Installer Magazine
Floor Focus Magazine
Fine Homebuilding Magazine
Hardwood Floors Magazine
Jobsite Magazine-Floor Covering
National Floor Trends Magazine
Residential Design and Build Magazine
Traditional Home Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Flooring Contractors in the San Fernando Valley within the following zip codes:
91040, 91303, 91351, 91401, 91383, 91381, 91406, 91470, 91341, 91333, 91364, 91394, 91604, 91404, 91505, 91407, 91335, 91508, 91609, 91326, 91616, 91386, 91316, 91608, 91522, 91365, 91496, 91327, 91340, 91523, 91408, 91367, 91350, 91311, 91331, 91372, 91322, 91306, 91329, 91392, 91353, 91357, 91396, 91612, 91356, 91403, 91526, 91436, 91411, 91618, 91611, 91601, 91501, 91521, 91345, 91337, 91387, 91510, 91354, 91413, 91321, 91382, 91610, 91313, 91402, 91426, 91410, 91342, 91328, 91615, 91504, 91606, 91607, 91499, 91371, 91423, 91602, 91605, 91502, 91346, 91503, 91384, 91352, 91330, 91409, 91308, 91617, 91614, 91343, 91482, 91344, 91307, 91495, 91603, 91412, 91385, 91334, 91506, 91324, 91310, 91380, 91507, 91405, 91325, 91393, 91390, 91355, 91395, 91416 and 91304
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Flooring in the San Fernando Valley within the following cities:
Studio City, North Hills, Lake Balboa, Calabasas, Panorama City, Tarzana, Arleta, Valley Village, Woodland Hills, Lake View Terrace, Porter Ranch, Agoura Hills, Universal City, Toluca Lake, West Hills, Canoga Park, Topanga, Chatsworth, Stevenson Ranch, Winnetka, Castaic, Hidden Hills, Tujunga, Encino, Burbank, Van Nuys, Sun Valley, Sherman Oaks, Granada Hills, Pacoima, North Hollywood, Castaic Canyons, Santa Clarita, Sylmar, Shadow Hills, San Fernando, Northridge, Valley Glen and Reseda