How to Find the Best Janitorial Services and Building Maintenance in San FranciscoYou need to hire good janitorial companies in San Francisco for office cleaning services because cheap janitorial companies in San Francisco are usually not the best ones.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best janitorial & building maintenance in San Francisco and issues related to hiring them.
Updated March 10, 2015
|Townsend & Styer Maintenance|
Send an email to this Company
1601 N California Blvd, Ste 250
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Areas Served: San Francisco Bay Area
Services: janitorial services, office cleaning, cleaning of medical & technical offices, ...
|Empire Building Maintenance|
Send an email to this Company
1250 Ames Ave Suite 207
Areas Served: Entire San Francisco Bay Area
Services: all janitorial, office cleaning, building maintenance services including strip & ...
Key Brands: Betco Cleaning Products, Green Works Natural Cleaning Products
Send an email to this Company
(408) 392-9249, (408) 210-1012
1346 Ridder Park Dr
San Jose, CA 95131
Areas Served: Bay Area
Services: janitorial & office cleaning incl. restroom cleaning & disinfecting, trash ...
|Moreno Janitorial Services San Francisco|
San Francisco, CA 94112
Areas Served: San Francisco CA, The Marina, Russian Hill, Pacific Heights, Sea Cliff, North Beach, ...
|White Building Maintenance|
2301 Ocean Ave # 1
San Francisco, CA 94127
Areas Served: San Francisco CA, Sunset District, Russian Hill, North Beach, Potrero Hill, Mission ...
|High Marks Janitorial Inc.|
46 Gilbert St
San Francisco, CA 94103
Areas Served: San Francisco CA, Mission District, Richmond District, Pacific Heights, Sea Cliff, ...
|Integrated Cleaning Solutions, Inc.|
771 Capp St
San Francisco, CA 94110
Areas Served: San Francisco CA, Richmond District, Sunset District, North Beach, Russian Hill, Nob ...
|MCC Building Maintenance San Francisco|
811 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Areas Served: San Francisco CA, Sea Cliff, South of Market, Richmond District, South Beach, Sunset ...
|Betty's Business Professional Janitorial Services|
368 Mount Vernon Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
Areas Served: San Francisco CA, Nob Hill, Sea Cliff, Pacific Heights, Sunset District, Mission ...
Janitorial companies in San Francisco are not required to be licensed by the State, nor are they legally required to have liability insurance to reimburse you in the event of any property damage or workers' comp insurance to indemnify you from employee injuries sustained on your property, however all janitorial services bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have liability insurance and workers' comp insurance for your protection, in addition to passing all of the other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients to verify high satisfaction, hiring only documented workers, sufficient length of time in business, clean complaint record, and more.
There are many benefits to letting someone outside your company do the office cleaning. Along with clean offices you'll be proud of, local janitors save you money by giving professional service you can rely on and that make a better impression on your potential clients, and keep your staff happy and productive. Cheap janitorial companies may plague you with inconsistency and low quality, costing you more in the long run in lost customers or low morale of your staff.
Benefits of Hiring Local Janitors in San Francisco
For most businesses it doesn't make sense to hire full time employees to do janitorial or office cleaning. Instead, you save money and time by hiring for professional office cleaning services, and can get better results.
Hiring an outside janitorial company avoids the cost of employment taxes, training, management time, and benefit costs of hiring full time staff to perform commercial cleaning.
The best janitorial companies in San Francisco dispose of waste safely and legally and make your office cleaner and healthier. Some custodial maintenance companies also offer additional services, such as locking up offices at night before daily office cleaning begins or opening up businesses in the morning after night cleaning services. Some might also handle the recyclable items of your office trash, provided you've segregated it into separate recycling bins first for the office trash collection people who will be servicing your account.
Good commercial cleaning companies in San Francisco provide cleaning as frequently as you need. Whether your office requires daily, weekly, or seasonal maintenance, good janitorial companies should work around your schedule.
Be sure to find out up front what office cleaning services they will and will not perform. This way there are no disappointments if you expect one company to handle all tasks, including office cleaning, office vacuuming, floor waxing, and janitorial maintenance. It's not uncommon to have to hire more than one commercial cleaning company, so find out if each one you talk to will perform all of these for you for the quoted price.
Differences Between Janitorial Franchises and Local Commercial Cleaning Companies
Many janitorial service franchises market themselves locally but are headquartered elsewhere. Local individuals pay the national franchise for the rights to use their national brand name, trademark, and sometimes even to acquire their existing local customers. So if you pick the janitorial services based on that big brand name recognition, know that if it's a franchise, that national franchise could less involved in overseeing the quality of its franchise holders, meaning you could get less than you bargained for.
Other times, a national franchise does the marketing to get you as a customer but then farms out your contract (sub-contracts) to a small janitorial company actually located in San Francisco.
So keep in mind the following tips when you're reviewing janitorial bidding and contracts from commercial cleaning companies:
• Many cleaning franchises are not actually located in San Francisco. Instead, they are sales offices that then farm out your contract to smaller janitorial businesses in San Francisco. So if you hire a national company, your business may actually be cleaned by smaller sub-contractors. These custodians may not have formal janitorial training, and the franchise you've contracted with might not be able to guarantee the safety and reliability of those subcontractors.
• When it comes to client references, if these national companies are farming out their contracts for office cleaning to sub-contractors, the references they give might not be getting office cleaning from the very same crews that would be serving you.
• If you have problems or questions regarding your contract, local commercial cleaning services that are owned by national franchises may have to refer you to the corporate office for answers. It might take longer for a resolution to any conflicts.
• Large national companies often insist that you agree to long-term contracts, so that if you're unhappy with the quality, you may be stuck with them for a year or more.
• Some franchises have high turnover rates of local owners so that even if you like your office cleaning crew, you might not get serviced by that very same local owner for long. Some janitorial contracts also stipulate that, when the local franchise is sold to new owners, you have to pay additional fees to that "new" commercial cleaning company, so check the fine print before you sign contracts.
On the other hand, some people report that hiring a local janitorial maintenance company is a better way to get convenient and affordable service. When you work with locally-based companies, you deal with the owners directly. So if you have any questions regarding your contracts, you can get answers faster.
Others who hired janitorial services in San Francisco report that local owners are able to attend to their needs immediately because those local companies care about their reputation. And best of all, many janitorial services have security-screened their crew and well-trained custodians who provide good service at affordable prices.
If You Want Office Cleaning Companies that Offer Green Janitorial Services
The best commercial janitorial services in San Francisco embrace the trend toward green janitorial services by offering the option of green janitorial products and environmentally-friendly supplies. Many of these use Green Seal janitorial products, including EcoLogo and other eco-friendly supplies, biodegradable cleansers, natural or organic cleaning products. Others use recycled paper products and micro-fiber cloths instead of paper towels to cut down on paper waste.
Cheap Janitor Services in San Francisco Are Not Always Good Janitorial Companies
Cheap janitorial services in San Francisco usually don't give the best results. Some customers of cheap janitorial companies in San Francisco report that they cut corners or don't provide good cleaning consistently.
Some of the cheapest might even hire illegal workers to increase their profits. Discount services might seem at first to be a way to save, but it can cost you more in the long run because there are risks to hiring companies who cut corners by hiring illegal workers, or not carrying insurance to protect you.
Janitorial services that hire illegal workers aren't likely to perform background checks or guarantee the quality or accuracy of their crews. And because janitors often work when businesses are closed, these same illegal workers might have access to confidential information and expensive office equipment, putting you and your customers at risk.
That's why, while you're looking for someone affordable, it's important to also look for quality.
Some Janitorial Services in San Francisco Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these janitorial services in San Francisco CA: Townsend & Styer Maintenance, Empire Building Maintenance, NeXsentio, Integrated Cleaning Solutions, Inc., MCC Building Maintenance San Francisco, Moreno Janitorial Services San Francisco, White Building Maintenance, High Marks Janitorial Inc., Betty's Business Professional Janitorial Services. Other companies doing janitorial in San Francisco CA who might still be in business include: Japan Janitorial Service, Barbary Coast BMC Inc., Aim to Please Janitorial Service SF. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Janitorial Services & Office Cleaning in San Francisco? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
When you need to hire local janitorial maintenance companies in San Francisco use the following information to help you find the best janitorial cleaning services in San Francisco for you.
Describe the Janitorial Services or Office Cleaning Services Desired
Before you interview janitorial companies, write down the minimum services you require (cleaning bathrooms, office blinds, vacuuming, mopping floors, etc.) and any additional janitorial services you'd like them to perform (sanitizing office desks, business lock-up or opening services, floor waxing or polishing).
Then take notes when talking with potentially companies. It will soon become clear which janitorial services in San Francisco are best suited to provide the exact office janitorial or building maintenance service you're looking for.
Questions to Ask Janitors & Commercial Custodians in San Francisco
Before you make a final decision on the best janitors in San Francisco for you, ask some questions to make sure they can meet your needs. We've prepared the following list of questions about janitorial cleaning to help you make the best decision.
• Do they provide their own supplies? Or will you need to supply office cleaning products for them?
• How do they charge? (By the hour or contract rates based on the number/frequency of visits?)
• Can they give you names and numbers of their clients who you can call as references? And are these references they have personally serviced rather than ones serviced by other owners in their same national franchise or other local branches of their same national chain? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What are the professional backgrounds of the owners?
• Are they independent owners or are they part of a national franchise?
• How do they handle complaints? If they're merely a local branch of a national chain, is the local branch able to make decisions? Or will your questions be referred to someone in corporate?
• Can they show you proof of general liability insurance to cover you in the event of property damage? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Can they show you proof of workers' comp insurance to protect you against claims from their employees that are injured while on your property? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had workers' comp insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they give their staff specific training for janitorial office cleaning?
• Do they take continuing education to improve their office cleaning and janitorial service?
• What is the personnel turnover rate? Can they consistently provide the quality of janitorial maintenance you require?
• Is the janitorial company a part-time or full-time business? If the office cleaners only work part-time, will they be available when you need them?
• What janitorial cleaning equipment, chemicals and maintenance methods are used? Do you have any concerns about fumes, toxicity, or just general environmental friendliness of their products?
• Can they offer the use of green commercial cleaning products (eco-friendly) and is there an additional charge?
• Do they do walk-throughs to determine a cost estimate?
• How do they choose their employees? What background checks for safety and reliability do they perform on new hires?
• Can they vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All janitorial companies in San Francisco bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they keep MSDS (material safety data sheets) information at your site for the products they'll be using to do your office cleaning? (OSHA holds you responsible for having that information on-site.)
Know Your Options When it Comes to Office Cleaning Companies in San Francisco
When you're choosing among janitorial services & office cleaning companies in San Francisco, make sure you're getting completely detailed janitorial bids to make accurate line-by-line comparisons of what is included or not included in the bid from each office cleaning company. Good commercial cleaning companies will put the details of their commercial cleaning contracts in writing and will provide you with written janitorial service pricing, timing, quality and warranty agreements.
Costs of Janitorial Companies & Office Cleaning in San Francisco
Be wary of commercial janitor services that charge on an hourly basis. Some people have even found that some custodial maintenance crews charge low hourly rates for office cleaning and then stretch their time by cleaning slower so they earn more money. However, some honest janitorial cleaning services do charge fair hourly rates for special janitorial cleaning assignments or seasonal or occasional custodial cleaning projects.
Some of the best janitorial companies in San Francisco offer a wider variety of custodial cleaning and janitorial maintenance services than others, so they are worth paying a higher price for. Employees at the best janitorial companies in San Francisco have more experience and are seasoned janitors, so even though they don't offer cheap janitorial services, you get a lot more for your money.
Associations Related to Office Cleaning Services & Janitorial in San Francisco
IJCSA International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association (www.ijcsa.com/)
GCA Global Cleaning Association (www.globalcleaningassociation.com/)
ICA International Cleaners Association (www.internationalclnrs.com/)
BSCAI Building Service Contractors Association International (www.bscai.org/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.com/)
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
Media Publications Regarding Janitorial Services in San Francisco
ICS Cleaning Specialist Magazine
Cleaning Business Magazine
Cleaning and Maintenance Management Magazine
Cleaning Business Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for TOP 10 Janitorial Services in San Francisco within the following zip codes:
94120, 94133, 94129, 94146, 94112, 94108, 94126, 94130, 94105, 94118, 94158, 94102, 94122, 94141, 94117, 94127, 94167, 94114, 94119, 94131, 94147, 94168, 94142, 94132, 94164, 94124, 94157, 94111, 94134, 94165, 94103, 94110, 94140, 94125, 94123, 94104, 94101, 94121, 94115, 94170, 94166, 94169, 94109, 94159, 94107, 94116, 94188 and 94172
Janitorial San Francisco CA
A Arden Janitorial San Francisco CA 94112-2004
A B Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94109-7250
A-1 Perfection Janitorial San Francisco CA 94129-0562
ABM Industries San Francisco CA 94102-1702
Advanced Cleaning Systems Inc San Francisco CA 94116-2239
Aim to Please Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94124-0550
American Building Service San Francisco CA 94111-2213
ARAMARK Janitorial San Francisco CA 94109-6705
Barbary Coast BMC Inc San Francisco CA 94107-2223
Bay Area Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94116-1738
Beltran Maintenance San Francisco CA 94107-0348
Benton's Building Maintenance San Francisco CA 94122-2908
Best Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94132-2258
Betty's Business Pro Janitorial San Francisco CA 94112-3634
Bladmiro Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94110-4263
California Building Maintenance Co San Francisco CA 94128-0217
Certified Janitorial San Francisco CA 94112-4018
City Maids Inc San Francisco CA 94122-3011
Clean Tech Group San Francisco CA 94104-3443
Clean-A-Rama Maintenance Co San Francisco CA 94105-1907
CMSC Janitorial San Francisco CA 94110-1917
Custodian Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94112-2054
Dave's Building Maintenance San Francisco CA 94104-4905
Dome LLC San Francisco CA 94107-4218
Donnie Pestrana Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94107-1927
Euro Building Maintenance Co San Francisco CA 94109-2536
Florco Janitorial San Francisco CA 94107-6007
Friendship Village San Francisco CA 94115-4831
GMG Janitorial Inc San Francisco CA 94124-1504
Godinez Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94134-1311
Green Clean San Francisco CA 94109-7215
Greenworthy Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94102-1928
High Marks Janitorial Inc San Francisco CA 94103-4714
JM Janitorial Maintenance San Francisco CA 94117-2915
Jacobs Cleaning & Alteration San Francisco CA 94109-7302
Janicrew of San Francisco San Francisco CA 94134-1443
Japan Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94118-2845
Jireh Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94110-1338
Jones Maintenance Service San Francisco CA 94117-1125
Le Flor Janitorial San Francisco CA 94123-2810
Lewis & Taylor Building Service San Francisco CA 94107-1303
Liz Cleaning Service San Francisco CA 94110-1778
M R Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94110-1836
Magic Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94112-4103
Maintenance Systems Management San Francisco CA 94107-3154
Maintrain Training Corp San Francisco CA 94108-2372
Max's Janitorial San Francisco CA 94112-2515
Maya Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94134-1924
Metro Maintenance San Francisco CA 94107-1302
Preferred Building Service San Francisco CA 94103-6208
Reddy's Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94112-2702
SA Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94112-2307
SAA Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94109-2706
San Francisco Magic Cleaners San Francisco CA 94116-2104
Sky Way Janitorial San Francisco CA 94122-1758
SOS Cleaning San Francisco CA 94112-4049
United Janitorial San Francisco CA 94110-3223
Valesco Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94124-2245
Vernon's Janitorial Maintenance Service San Francisco CA 94124-2628
W&F Building Maintenance San Francisco CA 94103-3552
Wards Building Maintenance San Francisco CA 94124-1403
Waters Janitorial Service San Francisco CA 94108-3206
West Coast Maintenance Service San Francisco CA 94124-2340
White Building Maintenance San Francisco CA 94131
Yuzon's Commercial Cleaning San Francisco CA 94124-3722