How to Find the Best Janitorial Services and Building Maintenance in the San Gabriel ValleyYou need to hire good janitorial companies in the San Gabriel Valley for office cleaning services because cheap janitorial companies in the San Gabriel Valley are usually not the best ones.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best janitorial & building maintenance in the San Gabriel Valley and issues related to hiring them.
Updated June 6, 2013
Top 10 Janitorial Services & Office Cleaning in the San Gabriel Valley
642 S Sunset Ave
West Covina, CA 91790
Areas Served: Pomona CA, Pasadena CA, La Canada Flintridge CA, El Monte CA, Diamond Bar CA, Walnut CA
|Ed Building Maintenance|
550 Cameron Crest Dr
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Areas Served: Pasadena CA, Diamond Bar CA, La Canada Flintridge CA, Hacienda Heights CA, West ...
|Empire Maintenance Co Inc|
624 S Palm Ave
Alhambra, CA 91803
Areas Served: Pomona Valley, San Dimas CA, La Verne CA, Claremont CA, Diamond Bar CA, San Gabriel ...
|Certified Maintenance Co|
2267 E Washington Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91104
Areas Served: Hacienda Heights CA, Pasadena CA, Diamond Bar CA, West Covina CA, El Monte CA, La ...
|Merchants Building Maintenance|
1190 Monterey Pass Rd
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Areas Served: Pasadena CA, Alhambra CA, La Canada Flintridge CA, La Verne CA, El Monte CA, Walnut ...
|J&J Janitorial Service|
1137 Strawberry Ln
Glendora, CA 91740
Areas Served: West Covina CA, Pasadena CA, Pomona CA, Glendora CA, El Monte CA, Diamond Bar CA, ...
|Glenn Building Service|
1148 N Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91104
Areas Served: San Gabriel Valley, Pomona Valley, Pasadena CA, West Covina CA, Alhambra CA, El Monte CA
|Industrial Janitor Service|
519 N Curtis Ave
Covina, CA 91723
Areas Served: Alhambra CA, Pasadena CA, Diamond Bar CA, El Monte CA, Glendora CA, Hacienda Heights CA
Janitorial companies in the San Gabriel Valley are not required to be licensed by the State, nor are they legally required to have liability insurance to reimburse you in the event of any property damage or workers' comp insurance to indemnify you from employee injuries sustained on your property, however all janitorial services bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have liability insurance and workers' comp insurance for your protection, in addition to passing all of the other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients to verify high satisfaction, hiring only documented workers, sufficient length of time in business, clean complaint record, and more.
There are many benefits to letting someone outside your company do the office cleaning. Along with clean offices you'll be proud of, local janitors save you money by giving professional service you can rely on and that make a better impression on your potential clients, and keep your staff happy and productive. Cheap janitorial companies may plague you with inconsistency and low quality, costing you more in the long run in lost customers or low morale of your staff.
Benefits of Hiring Local Janitors in the San Gabriel Valley
For most businesses it doesn't make sense to hire full time employees to do janitorial or office cleaning. Instead, you save money and time by hiring for professional office cleaning services, and can get better results.
Hiring an outside janitorial company avoids the cost of employment taxes, training, management time, and benefit costs of hiring full time staff to perform commercial cleaning.
The best janitorial companies in the San Gabriel Valley dispose of waste safely and legally and make your office cleaner and healthier. Some custodial maintenance companies also offer additional services, such as locking up offices at night before daily office cleaning begins or opening up businesses in the morning after night cleaning services. Some might also handle the recyclable items of your office trash, provided you've segregated it into separate recycling bins first for the office trash collection people who will be servicing your account.
Good commercial cleaning companies in the San Gabriel Valley provide cleaning as frequently as you need. Whether your office requires daily, weekly, or seasonal maintenance, good janitorial companies should work around your schedule.
Be sure to find out up front what office cleaning services they will and will not perform. This way there are no disappointments if you expect one company to handle all tasks, including office cleaning, office vacuuming, floor waxing, and janitorial maintenance. It's not uncommon to have to hire more than one commercial cleaning company, so find out if each one you talk to will perform all of these for you for the quoted price.
Differences Between Janitorial Franchises and Local Commercial Cleaning Companies
Many janitorial service franchises market themselves locally but are headquartered elsewhere. Local individuals pay the national franchise for the rights to use their national brand name, trademark, and sometimes even to acquire their existing local customers. So if you pick the janitorial services based on that big brand name recognition, know that if it's a franchise, that national franchise could less involved in overseeing the quality of its franchise holders, meaning you could get less than you bargained for.
Other times, a national franchise does the marketing to get you as a customer but then farms out your contract (sub-contracts) to a small janitorial company actually located in the San Gabriel Valley.
So keep in mind the following tips when you're reviewing janitorial bidding and contracts from commercial cleaning companies:
• Many cleaning franchises are not actually located in the San Gabriel Valley. Instead, they are sales offices that then farm out your contract to smaller janitorial businesses in the San Gabriel Valley. So if you hire a national company, your business may actually be cleaned by smaller sub-contractors. These custodians may not have formal janitorial training, and the franchise you've contracted with might not be able to guarantee the safety and reliability of those subcontractors.
• When it comes to client references, if these national companies are farming out their contracts for office cleaning to sub-contractors, the references they give might not be getting office cleaning from the very same crews that would be serving you.
• If you have problems or questions regarding your contract, local commercial cleaning services that are owned by national franchises may have to refer you to the corporate office for answers. It might take longer for a resolution to any conflicts.
• Large national companies often insist that you agree to long-term contracts, so that if you're unhappy with the quality, you may be stuck with them for a year or more.
• Some franchises have high turnover rates of local owners so that even if you like your office cleaning crew, you might not get serviced by that very same local owner for long. Some janitorial contracts also stipulate that, when the local franchise is sold to new owners, you have to pay additional fees to that "new" commercial cleaning company, so check the fine print before you sign contracts.
On the other hand, some people report that hiring a local janitorial maintenance company is a better way to get convenient and affordable service. When you work with locally-based companies, you deal with the owners directly. So if you have any questions regarding your contracts, you can get answers faster.
Others who hired janitorial services in the San Gabriel Valley report that local owners are able to attend to their needs immediately because those local companies care about their reputation. And best of all, many janitorial services have security-screened their crew and well-trained custodians who provide good service at affordable prices.
If You Want Office Cleaning Companies that Offer Green Janitorial Services
The best commercial janitorial services in the San Gabriel Valley embrace the trend toward green janitorial services by offering the option of green janitorial products and environmentally-friendly supplies. Many of these use Green Seal janitorial products, including EcoLogo and other eco-friendly supplies, biodegradable cleansers, natural or organic cleaning products. Others use recycled paper products and micro-fiber cloths instead of paper towels to cut down on paper waste.
Cheap Janitor Services in the San Gabriel Valley Are Not Always Good Janitorial Companies
Cheap janitorial services in the San Gabriel Valley usually don't give the best results. Some customers of cheap janitorial companies in the San Gabriel Valley report that they cut corners or don't provide good cleaning consistently.
Some of the cheapest might even hire illegal workers to increase their profits. Discount services might seem at first to be a way to save, but it can cost you more in the long run because there are risks to hiring companies who cut corners by hiring illegal workers, or not carrying insurance to protect you.
Janitorial services that hire illegal workers aren't likely to perform background checks or guarantee the quality or accuracy of their crews. And because janitors often work when businesses are closed, these same illegal workers might have access to confidential information and expensive office equipment, putting you and your customers at risk.
That's why, while you're looking for someone affordable, it's important to also look for quality.
The Prime Buyer's Report lists the contact information for the following janitorial services and office cleaning companies in the San Gabriel Valley: Empire Maintenance Co Inc, Certified Maintenance Co, Glenn Building Service, Merchants Building Maintenance, J&J Janitorial Service, Ed Building Maintenance, Briteworks, Industrial Janitor Service. Other office cleaning companies that might still serve the San Gabriel Valley include: .
When you need to hire local janitorial maintenance companies in Pasadena, Pomona, El Monte and West Covina use the following information to help you find the best janitorial cleaning services in the San Gabriel Valley for you.
Describe the Janitorial Services or Office Cleaning Services Desired
Before you interview janitorial companies, write down the minimum services you require (cleaning bathrooms, office blinds, vacuuming, mopping floors, etc.) and any additional janitorial services you'd like them to perform (sanitizing office desks, business lock-up or opening services, floor waxing or polishing).
Then take notes when talking with potentially companies. It will soon become clear which janitorial services in the San Gabriel Valley are best suited to provide the exact office janitorial or building maintenance service you're looking for.
Questions to Ask Janitors & Commercial Custodians in the San Gabriel Valley
Before you make a final decision on the best janitors in the San Gabriel Valley for you, ask some questions to make sure they can meet your needs. We've prepared the following list of questions about janitorial cleaning to help you make the best decision.
• Do they provide their own supplies? Or will you need to supply office cleaning products for them?
• How do they charge? (By the hour or contract rates based on the number/frequency of visits?)
• Can they give you names and numbers of their clients who you can call as references? And are these references they have personally serviced rather than ones serviced by other owners in their same national franchise or other local branches of their same national chain? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What are the professional backgrounds of the owners?
• Are they independent owners or are they part of a national franchise?
• How do they handle complaints? If they're merely a local branch of a national chain, is the local branch able to make decisions? Or will your questions be referred to someone in corporate?
• Can they show you proof of general liability insurance to cover you in the event of property damage? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Can they show you proof of workers' comp insurance to protect you against claims from their employees that are injured while on your property? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had workers' comp insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they give their staff specific training for janitorial office cleaning?
• Do they take continuing education to improve their office cleaning and janitorial service?
• What is the personnel turnover rate? Can they consistently provide the quality of janitorial maintenance you require?
• Is the janitorial company a part-time or full-time business? If the office cleaners only work part-time, will they be available when you need them?
• What janitorial cleaning equipment, chemicals and maintenance methods are used? Do you have any concerns about fumes, toxicity, or just general environmental friendliness of their products?
• Can they offer the use of green commercial cleaning products (eco-friendly) and is there an additional charge?
• Do they do walk-throughs to determine a cost estimate?
• How do they choose their employees? What background checks for safety and reliability do they perform on new hires?
• Can they vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All janitorial companies in the San Gabriel Valley bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they keep MSDS (material safety data sheets) information at your site for the products they'll be using to do your office cleaning? (OSHA holds you responsible for having that information on-site.)
Know Your Options When it Comes to Office Cleaning Companies in the San Gabriel Valley
When you're choosing among janitorial services & office cleaning companies in Pasadena, Pomona, El Monte and West Covina, make sure you're getting completely detailed janitorial bids to make accurate line-by-line comparisons of what is included or not included in the bid from each office cleaning company. Good commercial cleaning companies will put the details of their commercial cleaning contracts in writing and will provide you with written janitorial service pricing, timing, quality and warranty agreements.
Costs of Janitorial Companies & Office Cleaning in Pasadena, Pomona, El Monte and West Covina
Be wary of commercial janitor services that charge on an hourly basis. Some people have even found that some custodial maintenance crews charge low hourly rates for office cleaning and then stretch their time by cleaning slower so they earn more money. However, some honest janitorial cleaning services do charge fair hourly rates for special janitorial cleaning assignments or seasonal or occasional custodial cleaning projects.
Some of the best janitorial companies in Pasadena, Pomona, El Monte and West Covina offer a wider variety of custodial cleaning and janitorial maintenance services than others, so they are worth paying a higher price for. Employees at the best janitorial companies in the San Gabriel Valley have more experience and are seasoned janitors, so even though they don't offer cheap janitorial services, you get a lot more for your money.
Resources About the San Gabriel Valley Janitorial & Office Cleaning in Pasadena, Pomona, El Monte and West Covina
Associations Related to Office Cleaning Services & Janitorial in the San Gabriel Valley
IJCSA International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association (www.ijcsa.com/)
GCA Global Cleaning Association (www.globalcleaningassociation.com/)
ICA International Cleaners Association (www.internationalclnrs.com/)
BSCAI Building Service Contractors Association International (www.bscai.org/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.com/)
Media Publications Regarding Janitorial Services in the San Gabriel Valley
ICS Cleaning Specialist Magazine
Cleaning Business Magazine
Cleaning and Maintenance Management Magazine
Cleaning Business Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for TOP 10 Janitorial Services in the San Gabriel Valley within the following zip codes:
90601, 90602, 90603, 90604, 90605, 90606, 90607, 90608, 90609, 90610, 91001, 91003, 91006, 91007, 91008, 91009, 91010, 91011, 91012, 91016, 91017, 91020, 91021, 91023, 91024, 91025, 91030, 91031, 91041, 91042, 91043, 91046, 91066, 91077, 91101, 91102, 91103, 91104, 91105, 91106, 91107, 91108, 91109, 91110, 91114, 91115, 91116, 91117, 91118, 91121, 91123, 91124, 91125, 91126, 91129, 91182, 91184, 91185, 91188, 91189, 91199, 91201, 91202, 91203, 91204, 91205, 91206, 91207, 91208, 91209, 91210, 91214, 91221, 91222, 91224, 91225, 91226, 91305, 91309, 91702, 91706, 91711, 91714, 91716, 91722, 91723, 91724, 91731, 91732, 91733, 91734, 91735, 91740, 91741, 91744, 91745, 91746, 91747, 91748, 91749, 91750, 91754, 91755, 91756, 91765, 91766, 91767, 91768, 91769, 91770, 91771, 91772, 91773, 91775, 91776, 91778, 91780, 91788, 91789, 91790, 91791, 91792, 91793, 91795, 91797, 91801, 91802, 91803, 91804, 91896 and 91899
Janitorial Alhambra CA
Ampm Maintenance Personnel Inc Alhambra CA 91801
Empire Maintenance Co Inc Alhambra CA 91803
Sun Cleaning Co Alhambra CA 91801
Janitorial Altadena CA
HWT Custodial Service Inc Altadena CA 91001
Top to Bottom Janitorial Service Altadena CA 91001
Janitorial Arcadia CA
New Maintenance Co Arcadia CA 91007
Omni Facility Group Arcadia CA 91006
Quest Building Service Arcadia CA 91006
Speciality Maids Arcadia CA 91006
Janitorial Azusa CA
Cues Cleaning Service Azusa CA 91702
New Way Cleaning Azusa CA 91702
Van Asch Janitorial Azusa CA 91702
Janitorial Baldwin Park CA
Adrian's Cleaning for You Baldwin Park CA 91706
California Maintenance Baldwin Park CA 91706
Coraza General Clean Baldwin Park CA 91706
McServices Baldwin Park CA 91706
S Lopez Kitchen Cleaning Baldwin Park CA 91706
Janitorial City of Industry CA
Environment Control-Puente Hills City of Industry CA 91748
Labo Cleaning Service City of Industry CA 91746
Wash Clean City of Industry CA 91746
Janitorial Claremont CA
Goodman Maintenance Claremont CA 91711
Janitorial Covina CA
Action Maintenance Covina CA 91722
Aries Action Maintenance Covina CA 91722
Industrial Janitor Service Covina CA 91723
Nilo Maintenance Covina CA 91722
West Maintenance Service Covina CA 91722
Janitorial Diamond Bar CA
Allen Quality Maintenance Co Diamond Bar CA 91765
Anr Maintenance Co Diamond Bar CA 91765
Ed Building Maintenance Diamond Bar CA 91765
Reliable Building Service Diamond Bar CA 91765
Janitorial Duarte CA
AMPM Office Cleaning Duarte CA 91010
Ignacios Maintenance Duarte CA 91010
Quality Precision Cleaning Duarte CA 91010
Janitorial El Monte CA
Cal State Maintenance El Monte CA 91732
Cali Building Maintenance El Monte CA 91733
Gold City Cleaning Co El Monte CA 91732
Gold City Cleaning Co El Monte CA 91731
Protocol Building Service El Monte CA 91732
Janitorial Glendora CA
Angelica's Cleaning Service Glendora CA 91740
Clean Tech Glendora CA 91741
J & J Janitorial Service Glendora CA 91740
Janitorial Irwindale CA
Pinnacle Building Maintenance Irwindale CA 91706
Janitorial La Crescenta CA
Allcare Miracle Cleaners La Crescenta CA 91214
J's Maintenance La Crescenta CA 91214
Janitorial La Puente CA
D H Maintenance Service La Puente CA 91746
Eva's Cleaning Service La Puente CA 91744
Five Star Maintenance La Puente CA 91745
Lorena's Maintenance La Puente CA 91744
Solar Panel Cleaning La Puente CA 91746
Janitorial La Verne CA
Warp 2 Biz La Verne CA 91750
Janitorial Monrovia CA
Dynamic Cleaning & Maintenance Monrovia CA 91017
Haynes Building Service LLC Monrovia CA 91016
Omni Building Service Inc Monrovia CA 91016
Janitorial Monterey Park CA
Merchants Building Maintenance Monterey Park CA 91754
Janitorial Montrose CA
Harry's Maintenance Montrose CA 91020
Janitorial Pasadena CA
ABA Cleaning Co Plus Pasadena CA 91104
Certified Maintenance Co Pasadena CA 91104
Donald C Chamberlain & Co Building Pasadena CA 91107
Everclean Building Service Pasadena CA 91103
Executive Building Service Pasadena CA 91101
Glenn Building Service Pasadena CA 91104
Glowtex Builders Pasadena CA 91109
High Tech Building Maintenance Pasadena CA 91107
Idepsca Cooperative Pasadena CA 91101
J J Property Maintenance Pasadena CA 91104
Joy Cleaning Pasadena CA 91106
Prada's Professional Cleaning Pasadena CA 91104
Quality Cleaning Service Pasadena CA 91107
Superclean Pasadena CA 91105
Janitorial Pomona CA
Castellanos Cleaning Service Pomona CA 91766
Dirt Busters Pomona CA 91767
Janitor Pomona CA 91767
L G Cleaning Service Pomona CA 91766
M C Maintenance Service Pomona CA 91767
Merchants Building Maintenance Pomona CA 91768
Janitorial Rowland Heights CA
Swift Janitorial Service Inc Rowland Heights CA 91748
Janitorial San Dimas CA
A D Maintenance San Dimas CA 91773
Maintenance Source San Dimas CA 91773
Viking Power Clean San Dimas CA 91773
Janitorial San Gabriel CA
Los Angeles Cleaning Service San Gabriel CA 91776
Janitorial South El Monte CA
A-Brite Commercial South El Monte CA 91733
Blue Glacier Corp South El Monte CA 91733
Janitorial South Pasadena CA
Valdez Cleaning Service South Pasadena CA 91030
Janitorial Temple City CA
Right & Clean Service Temple City CA 91780
Janitorial Walnut CA
Commerce City Maintenance Walnut CA 91789
GEDD Maintenance Walnut CA 91788
VTEC Walnut CA 91789
Janitorial West Covina CA
Briteworks West Covina CA 91790
Forthright Building Maintenance West Covina CA 91790
M & B Pro Cleaners West Covina CA 91792
Nancy Ripoly West Covina CA 91790
R & M Maintenance West Covina CA 91790