How To Find the Best Elevator Companies in Marin County CAElevator contractors in Marin County handle all aspects of elevator installations, elevator repair, and elevator maintenance, including motors, cable and wire rope, guides, counterweights, elevator doors (including sidewalk elevator doors, elevator phones, elevator cameras, and all other equipment associated with electrical elevators, hydraulic elevators, and even manually operated elevators including historic elevators. This also includes elevators for the home and other residential elevator needs, passenger elevators, and freight elevators.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best elevator companies in Marin County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated March 16, 2013
Top 10 Elevator Companies in Marin County
|Empire Elevator Company Inc|
Areas Served: Mill Valley CA, San Rafael CA, San Anselmo CA, Larkspur CA, Tiburon CA, Ross CA
|Dwan Elevator Co|
San Francisco, CA
Areas Served: San Francisco CA, Russian Hill, North Beach, Richmond District, Mission District, SoMa
|Elevator Suspended Platform|
Areas Served: San Rafael CA, Larkspur CA, Mill Valley CA, Corte Madera CA, Tiburon CA, Ross CA
Elevator companies in Marin County are not legally required to have general liability insurance, however all elevator repair, fabrication, and installation companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as phone calls to previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
In addition to building you a new elevator, elevator contractors will also do an elevator remodel of an existing elevator and can provide options of finishes and materials for the interior, such as laminate, stainless steel, brass and more. Some elevator companies also specialize in preservation, repair or retrofits of historical elevators such as those with ornate wood interiors or originally manually operated elevators in older and historic buildings. Still others can do elevator modernization for slow running elevators, elevators missing modern safety features, those experiencing frequent break-downs, and overly warm or noisy elevators. These elevator companies will also provide emergency phones and elevator camera systems. Some companies may be installing proprietary equipment that prevents other elevator companies from working on it in the future.
Elevator maintenance services are also available that provide routine mechanical examinations, lubrication and hydraulic oils, replace non-working buttons and indicator lights, repair or replace elevator wiring and worn parts.
When choosing which elevator contractor or maintenance service to hire, ask the right questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and manufacturer relationships before deciding.
• How long has the elevator company been servicing Marin County?
• How many other clients do they currently have?
• Can the elevator company give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All elevator contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• How much experience does the elevator company have making, installing, repairing, or remodeling elevators of your exact type? Elevators for the home and vintage elevators for example, might require different expertise, as can freight elevators versus passenger elevators.
• Will they be using or installing proprietary equipment that locks out other elevator companies and limits your future choice of companies to hire?
• Regarding elevator maintenance services, do they require a contract, and if so, for what time period?
• Do they provide 24/7 emergency service?
• How will the elevator company determine pricing?
• Does the elevator contractor have a relationship with only one manufacturer that they service, install, and recommend to clients, or instead, do they offer you choices among multiple manufacturers?
• What warranties and guarantees does the elevator contractor offer separate from any manufacturer warranties, or is the contractor's labor perhaps warrantied by the manufacturer?
• Can the elevator contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All elevator companies in Marin County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Does the elevator contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance? (All elevator contractors in Marin County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough assessment of the property, or of the existing elevator in the case of a remodel or modernization?
• Will they be performing all the work themselves or will they be subcontracting any part of it out, and if so, what is the name of that company?
• If the work is for an in-home elevator (residential elevator), will you have access to your home during the project?
• When you've chosen the best elevator company in Marin County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a C11 contractor's license. (All elevator companies in Marin County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
Trade Associations Relevant to Elevator Companies in Novato, Sausalito and San Rafael CA and Marin County
NEII (National Elevator Industry Inc)
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers International)
EESF (Elevator & Escalator Safety Foundation)
IAEC (International Association of Elevator Consultants)
NAESAI (National Association Elevator Safety Authorities International)
NAEC (National Association of Elevator Contractors)
NIBS (National Institute of Building Sciences)
Publications Relevent to Elevator Companies in Novato, Sausalito and San Rafael CA and Marin County
Elevator Radio Show
Elevator Industry Jobsite Safety
If you are looking for an elevator company, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Elevator Contractors in Marin County within the following zip codes:
94901, 94903, 94904, 94912, 94913, 94914, 94915, 94920, 94924, 94925, 94929, 94930, 94933, 94937, 94938, 94939, 94940, 94941, 94942, 94945, 94946, 94947, 94948, 94949, 94950, 94956, 94957, 94960, 94963, 94964, 94965, 94966, 94970, 94971, 94973, 94974, 94976, 94977, 94978 and 94979
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Elevator Contractors in Marin County within the following cities:
Almonte, Bel Marin Keys, Belvedere, Belvedere Tiburon, Black Point, Bolinas, Corte Madera, Dillon Beach, Dogtown, Fairfax, Forest Knolls, Greenbrae, Ignacio, Inverness, Kent Woodlands, Kentfield, Lagunitas, Larkspur, Lucas Valley, Marin City, Marinwood, Marshall, Mill Valley, Mission Rafael, Muir Beach, Muir Woods, Nicasio, Novato, Olema, Point Reyes Station, Ross, San Anselmo, San Geronimo, San Marin, San Quentin, San Rafael, Santa Venetia, Sausalito, Sleepy Hollow, Stinson Beach, Strawberry Point, Tamal, Tamalpais Valley, Terra Linda, Tiburon, Tomales and Woodacre