How to Find the Best Swimming Pool Contractors in Marin CountyIf you're ready to have a new swimming pool installed, there are many factors to take into account. One major consideration is the Marin County swimming pool contractor to hire. Whether you opt for an in-ground pool, above-ground pool, or even a heated spa, the quality of the Marin County swimming pool contractors you choose will have a major impact on the outcome.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best swimming pool contractors in Marin County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated September 27, 2013
|Hydro Tech Pools|
1 Berens Drive
San Rafael, CA 94904
Areas Served: Mill Valley, San Rafael, Tiburon, Sausalito, Belvedere, Fairfax CA, San Anselmo
34 De Luca Pl Ste D
San Rafael, CA 94901
Areas Served: Marin County incl. San Rafael, Sausalito, Mill Valley, Ross, Tiburon, Belvedere
1010 Del Ganado Rd
Terra Linda, CA 94903
Areas Served: San Rafael, Mill Valley, Sausalito, San Anselmo, Tiburon, Ross, Belvedere, Novato
30 N. Pamaron Way Unit N
Terra Linda, CA 94903
Areas Served: San Rafael CA, Larkpur, Woodacre, Sausalito, Mill Valley, Novato, Tiburon, Kentfield
Swimming pool contractors in Marin County are required to be licensed by the State of California for your protection, such as with the specialty C53 license to perform as swimming pool builders specifically.
If swimming pool builders in Marin County have employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection. If a worker is injured on your property and the pool contractor doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injuries and your own insurance may not cover that cost.
Builders of new swimming pools in Marin County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all swimming pool contractors bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 status such as phone calls with previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
Good Swimming Pool Contractors in Marin County Can Design and Construct Many Styles of Pools
Swimming pool construction is such a large undertaking that it has its own contractor license designation. Swimming pool contractors learn specific skills that allow them to construct swimming pools, spas or hot tubs, and install the heating equipment for them. More specifically, they can install or repair the basics, like new in-ground pools, above ground pools or vinyl pools, and there are many innovative types of custom pools that they can construct for both commercial and residential settings. Some of the swimming pool contractors in the Marin County area have experience with more advanced projects, such as vanishing edge pools, salt water pools, waterfall pools, infinity pools, fiberglass pools, and hillside pools. In these instances, installation includes new gunite, filtration equipment, vinyl lining (if applicable), and heating units. If you're worried about your pool draining excessive energy or otherwise negatively affecting the environment, some pool contractors have extensive experience with energy efficient pools that are solar heated, gas heated, or temperature controlled.
Most of the swimming pool companies in Marin County do regular work on existing pools as well. Certain wear is inevitable after time, and your aging pool might require extensive renovation, including relining, re-facing, gunite replacement, pool plastering, or concrete work, all of which can be completed by an accomplished pool contractor. If your pool is in need of major renovation, skilled contractors can even create a custom redesign based on your existing layout.
Marin County Swimming Pool Contractors Customize New and Existing Pools
If you've already dedicated a sizable budget to a new swimming pool, why not infuse the project with accessories that will make it truly unique and enjoyable? A look at any skilled swimming pool contractor's portfolio will reveal a plethora of options that you can have installed in addition to the pool itself. There are in-pool features such as diving boards, stairs, ladders, and slides. You can enhance the pool area with waterfalls, quartz pool interior finishes, or water features. Contractors can install mechanical and electrical systems within the pool too, including fiber optic pool lighting, automated pool lighting, computerized systems, pool cameras, antimicrobial filters, regular filters, solar powered pumps, regular pumps, and automatic safety covers.
There's also your new yard to consider. Swimming pool contractors can build or subcontract different landscape additions, such as patio heaters, pool decks and safety pool fencing, pool houses, fire pits, saunas, Koi ponds, special rock formations, and poolside tile work. Down the road, your new pool will likely require maintenance and replacement parts. You may be able to contract with the initial builder to provide for these instances by supplying new liners, vinyl covers, chemicals for advanced purification, or new pumps or filters.
Some Swimming Pool Contractors in Marin County Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these swimming pool contractors in Marin County: Marin Aquatics, Apache Pools, Aquascape, Hydro Tech Pools, A C Mobile Air, Pacific Sun, Edwards William, Blu Dolphin Pool Service & Repair. Other swimming pool contractors in Novato, Sausalito and San Rafael CA who might still be in business include: .
When choosing which swimming pool installers to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials before deciding:
• How long have they been installing swimming pools in Marin County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique soil conditions and weather to take into consideration and experience in your exact location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, in ground pool versus above ground pool, freshwater versus saltwater pool, etc.?
• Can the swimming pool contractors give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All swimming pool builders bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of labor being proposed, the amount of material to be used, brand names if any, and product numbers if any? (A company might only appear cheaper than another by skimping on the amount of material, the installation method used, products or fixtures.)
• After you explain what you want in a new swimming pool, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All swimming pool companies in Marin County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All swimming pool contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
When you've chosen the best swimming pool contractors in Marin County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All swimming pool installers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Swimming Pools in Marin County
APSP Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (http://www.theapsp.org/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
CSLB Contractors State License Board (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (http://www.dca.ca.gov/)
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
IPSSA Independent Pool & Spa Service Association (http://www.ipssa.com/)
NSPI National Spa & Pool Institute (http://www.nspi.org/)
SPEC California Spa and Pool Industry Education Council (http://www.calspec.org/)
Media & Web Resources
Pool and Spa Living Magazine
Pool Science Magazine
Swimming Pool Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Swimming Pool Contractors in Marin County within the following zip codes:
94933, 94901, 94913, 94960, 94978, 94915, 94924, 94945, 94950, 94948, 94974, 94965, 94957, 94914, 94963, 94942, 94964, 94946, 94976, 94970, 94938, 94929, 94966, 94973, 94947, 94939, 94979, 94925, 94971, 94904, 94949, 94940, 94937, 94941, 94930, 94977, 94912, 94903, 94956 and 94920
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Swimming Pools in Marin County within the following cities:
Muir Woods, Inverness, Ross, Kentfield, Tiburon, Mill Valley, Fairfax, Terra Linda, Mission Rafael, Marshall, Olema, Marin City, Stinson Beach, San Marin, Bel Marin Keys, Lucas Valley, Muir Beach, Larkspur, Strawberry Point, Santa Venetia, Tamal, Sleepy Hollow, Corte Madera, Black Point, Dogtown, Forest Knolls, San Anselmo, San Rafael, San Quentin, Ignacio, Point Reyes Station, San Geronimo, Dillon Beach, Lagunitas, Nicasio, Greenbrae, Novato, Belvedere Tiburon, Kent Woodlands, Marinwood, Tamalpais Valley, Belvedere, Sausalito, Woodacre, Tomales, Bolinas and Almonte