How to Find the Best Deck Contractors in Ventura County CA
Deck contractors in Ventura County are licensed to construct and repair all types of decks, deck railings, and many other outdoor structures. If you need good deck contractors in Ventura County who can build new custom decks in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura according to local building codes, you're in the right place. In addition to building new decks, many deck companies offer deck refinishing services and deck restoration in Ventura County, which makes old decks look new and may include deck repairs.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best deck contractors in Ventura County and issues related to hiring them for new decks or deck repair.
Updated March 10, 2017
Send an email to this Company
(805) 647-0349, (805) 857-1518
2850 Sherwin Ave Unit D
Ventura, CA 93003
State Contractor's License #905498
Areas Served: Ventura County incl. Ventura CA, Camarillo, Casa Conejo, Channel Islands Beach, El ...
Services: deck builders, new decks
|Shamrock Construction Inc|
Send an email to this Company
5125 Wavecrest Way
Oxnard, CA 93035
State License #837927 (B)
Areas Served: Ventura County incl. Oxnard CA, Westlake Village CA,Thousand Oaks CA,Simi Valley CA,...
Services: deck contractors, new decking, custom decks
|Decks for You|
PO Box 7906
Oxnard, CA 93031
Areas Served: Simi Valley CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Camarillo CA, Moorpark CA
3092 Amarillo Ave
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Ventura County, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA
|P Russell Construction|
2470 Stearns St # 235
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Simi Valley CA, Camarillo CA, Santa Paula CA
3121 Penney Dr
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Camarillo CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA
|Henry Bo Ellison|
690 E Los Angeles Ave
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Areas Served: Simi Valley CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Ventura County CA
Deck contractors in Ventura County are required to have a state contractor's license for your protection, such as the specialty D41 license for deck builders specifically. If deck contractors in Ventura County have employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection because if a worker is injured on your property and the company doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injuries.
Deck contractors in Ventura County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all those bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
With nice weather comes the drive to move things outdoors. But who wants to spend time reclined in the wet grass, dodging anthills and sinkholes, when you can comfortably lounge on a clean, level deck? Adding a new deck can beautify your yard, increase the resale value of your home, and make it more livable. Although there's the option of undertaking this kind of deck building project yourself, it's difficult work. With short-sighted planning or inadequate materials, you could cause your home to lose value.
That's why it's advisable to choose good deck contractors or deck builders in Ventura County. The Prime Buyer's Report has collected the following information to help you find the best deck contractors in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura.
Deck Contractors in Ventura County Perform Numerous Services
If you want your new deck built well, professional decking contractors have the specific skills to select the right lumber or composite material for construction of custom decks, stairs, porches, screen porches, railings, docks, and even gazebos. Aside from basic assembly, deck contractors can sand, seal, stain, paint and waterproof new decks.
Many of them also perform deck refinishing in Ventura County which is deck restoration and deck repair to make old decks look like new. They are capable of stain and mildew removal, pressure washing, high heat cleaning, dry rot removal, nail setting, deck wood brightening and the application of new protective coatings. As specialists, deck contractors in Ventura County have a more refined understanding of the design and materials involved in deck building, so they are more likely to offer sound design advice and conduct a successful installation of new outdoor decks.
Deck Contractors in Ventura County Use Many Popular Decking Materials
Decking contractors in Ventura County work with a variety of high quality lumber to build your deck, gazebo or porch to your exact specifications. They can offer pressure-treated wood, Brazilian teak, Brazilian cherry, redwood, mahogany, Western red cedar, Southern yellow pine, Siberian Larch, treated fir and treated pine. Deck contractors may also be able to obtain more exotic materials, such as cumaru, ipe, jarrah, jatoba, purple heart, haiari, janka, cambera, goiabao, macaranduba, tauari, marupa and mangaris.
And with the fairly recent wave of synthetic decking materials, good new deck construction contractors can even build with a number of composite or artificial decking products, including plastic and wood mixes, fiberglass, modular tiles, solid composite, hollow composite, recycled wool fibers and polyethylene, Trex or Biodac. Certain deck contractors may also be willing to build new decks with vinyl, virgin vinyl, laminated vinyl membrane, or aluminum.
Some Deck Contractors in Ventura County Are Much Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for decks in Ventura County: Bodagger Builders, Shamrock Construction Inc, Decks for You, KME Construction, P Russell Construction, Perfect Patios, Henry Bo Ellison. Other deck contractors in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura CA that might still be in business include: .
When it comes to decks in Ventura County CA, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the companies you're considering hiring:
• How long have they been doing decks in Ventura County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique soil conditions and weather that will effect choices in construction method, material, and finishes. The length of experience doing decks in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, wood decks versus synthetic composite decks, etc.?
• Can the deck company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All deck contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of material to be used, brand names, and product numbers? (This is key because cheap deck contractors in Ventura County often only seem cheaper because they are using thinner lumber, less material, or inferior quality material compared to others which will not last and require expensive repairs and maintenance later.)
• How long will it take them to complete the work?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will they check the local zoning ordinances to make sure the new deck conforms to code?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All deck contractors in Ventura County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How do they determine pricing?
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All deck companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best deck contractors in Ventura County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All deck contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Trex, Evergrain, JER Envirotech, EON, Veranda, EZ Deck, Pultonix, Infinity, LP Weatherbest, Deckmaster Fasteners, GeoDeck, EverNew, Oasis Decking, Timbertech, Eco Decking Tiles, Certainteed, Choicedek, Nexwood, Epoch composite material decking, and Vixen Hill products.
Associations Relevant to Deck Builders and Deck Contractors in Ventura County CA
AITC American Institute of Timber Construction www.aitc-glulam.org
APA EWA American Engineered Wood Association www.apawood.org
AWC American Wood Council www.awc.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CRA California Redwood Association www.calredwood.org
CSLB Contractor State License Board www.cslb.ca.gov
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs www.dca.ca.gov
DIA Deck Industry Association www.deckindustry.org
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
NADRA North American Deck and Railing Association www.nadra.org
WRCLA Western Red Cedar Lumber Association www.wrcla.org
WWPA Western Wood Products Association www.wwpa.org
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Deck Builders in Ventura County CA
Backyard Living Magazine
Deck Contractor Magazine
Garden, Deck, and Landscape Magazine
Professional Deck Builder Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Deck Contractors in Ventura County CA within the following zip codes:
93036, 91359, 91361, 93032, 93021, 93040, 93024, 93064, 93004, 93007, 93006, 93012, 91358, 93060, 93042, 93023, 93015, 93010, 93044, 93065, 93020, 93099, 91320, 93002, 93001, 93009, 91319, 93041, 93030, 93062, 93043, 91362, 93031, 91360, 93011, 93005, 93034, 93003, 93061, 93016, 93035, 93022, 93063, 93033, 93094 and 93066
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Decks in Ventura County CA within the following cities:
Oak Park, Ventura, Camarillo, Moorpark, Newbury Park, Oxnard, Westlake Village, Channel Islands Beach, Simi Valley, El Rio, Casa Conejo, Ojai, Fillmore, Santa Paula, Port Hueneme and Thousand Oaks