How To Find the Best Companies for Home Theaters in Ventura County CA
The best home theater contractors in Ventura County have skills for the construction or remodeling, and in home theater electronics and lighting. They should also be able to perform as home theater designers, helping you choose the seating and other furniture, drapery, and gear best for your particular space and intended use. Many also provide home automation systems. The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best home theater companies in Ventura County and issues related to custom home theaters.
Updated March 10, 2017
|Shamrock Construction Inc|
Send an email to this Company
5125 Wavecrest Way
Oxnard, CA 93035
State License #837927 (B)
Areas Served: Ventura County incl. Oxnard CA, Westlake Village CA,Thousand Oaks CA,Simi Valley CA,...
Services: home theater installers, custom home theater contractors
|Advanced Home Entertainment|
3219 Nightfall Place
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Ventura County, Oxnard CA, Camarillo CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Ventura CA, Simi Valley CA
1404 West Ojai Avenue
Ojai, CA 93023
Areas Served: Simi Valley CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Santa Paula CA, Ojai CA
|Media Home Theater|
1595 Flowerdale Street
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Ventura CA, Oxnard CA, Camarillo CA, Simi Valley CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Moorpark CA
|Defined Entertainment Design Inc|
2696 Lavery Court Ste 5
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Camarillo CA, Ojai CA
|California Sound & Entertainment|
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Areas Served: Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA, Camarillo CA
|Bliss Home Theaters And Automation Inc|
2502 Kirsten Lee Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Areas Served: Simi Valley CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Ventura County CA
If the in home theater contractor has employees, he is legally required to have workers' compensation insurance to protect you from being sued in the event an injury occurs during work performed at your property. Home theater contractors are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all home theater companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage to reimburse you in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
Home theater contractors can install a home entertainment system during new construction, or remodel your existing room into a home theater whether it be only a standard sized room, or a larger space like a basement. A new home media system can even be as simple as setting up a portion of the living room rather than dedicating an entire room to a home theater. The best companies will also perform as home theater designers helping guide you through choices regarding raised seating, tiered flooring, home theater lighting systems, projector versus TV screen (or both), audio systems, seating and more. They can also source and buy the electronics for you. Home theater contractors should also demonstrate expertise in wiring and how to soundproof a home theater.
Because they should be experts in electronics and wiring, many home theater contractors in Ventura County also provide home automation systems that include remotes and timers to provide automation and remote control of your home thermostat, lighting, security system, media, window blinds and more.
Some Contractors for Home Theaters in Ventura County Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for home theaters in Ventura County CA: Shamrock Construction Inc, Whorf Entertainment, Defined Entertainment Design Inc, Media Home Theater, Advanced Home Entertainment, California Sound & Entertainment, Bliss Home Theaters And Automation Inc. Other installers of home theaters in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura CA that might still be in business include: Elite Entertainment Systems Inc. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Home Theater Contractors & Home Automation in Ventura County? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
• How many installations has the home theater company done of your exact type? Setting up a home media system in corner of your living room can be very different from remodeling an entire basement into a custom home theater, which can be different still from designing home theaters for new construction.
• Does the home theater contractor do all work themselves or do they use subcontractors? (The use of subcontractors can create liability issues and accountability problems.)
• Can the home theater contractor give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All home theater installers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• How does the home theater or home automation contractor determine pricing?
• Does the home theater company offer you the choice of different types and brands of equipment and furnishings or are you locked into one type or one manufacturer?
• Is there a written guarantee on the home theater installation apart from any manufacturer warranty?
• Can the home theater contractors guarantee that all their employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All home theater installers bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Do they have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance? (All home theater contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
• How will they handle cost overruns due to mistakes in planning? Do they guarantee to absorb any such costs or will they expect you to?
• How well do they know their crews? Do they personally hire and train their crews as permanent employees, or do they bring workers in from the outside on a project-by-project basis?
When you've chosen the best home theater contractor in Ventura County for your specific needs, make sure they are still licensed in good standing as home theater installers. (All home theater companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
The following is a list of trade associations and publications related to home theater contractors and home automation contractors in Ventura County CA
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations for Home Theater Contractors in Ventura County CA
CSLB Contractors State License Board
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs
CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association)
HTSA (Home Theater Specialists of America)
ALA (American Lighting Association)
CEA (Consumer Electronics Association)
NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association)
NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry)
Publications Regarding Home Theaters in Ventura County
Sound and Vision Magazine
Home Theater Magazine
Home Entertainment Magazine
Home Electronic Ideas
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Home Theater Contractors in Ventura County within the following zip codes:
93040, 93042, 91360, 93063, 93002, 93016, 93036, 93011, 91358, 93032, 93006, 91320, 91319, 93044, 93043, 93060, 93033, 93007, 91362, 93001, 93003, 93065, 93064, 93030, 93015, 93004, 93021, 93009, 93034, 93031, 91359, 93066, 93020, 93035, 93010, 93041, 93061, 93023, 93024, 93094, 93005, 93099, 93062, 93012, 91361 and 93022
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Home Theater Companies in Ventura County within the following cities:
El Rio, Oak Park, Ojai, Casa Conejo, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Camarillo, Westlake Village, Simi Valley, Newbury Park, Channel Islands Beach, Thousand Oaks, Santa Paula, Ventura, Moorpark and Fillmore