The Best Janitorial Companies in Ventura County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Janitorial companies in Ventura County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those office cleaning and building maintenance companies verified by our independent research to have met the TOP 10 requirements for value and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the client, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them for janitorial services in Ventura County CA, including residential building maintenance services for apartment buildings, HOAs, and condo associations.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Elite Janitorial & Maintenance|
1833 Portola Rd # I
Ventura, CA 93003
Areas Served: Ventura County, Oxnard CA, Camarillo CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Ventura CA, Simi Valley CA
|Expert Building Maintenance LLC|
1871 Tapo St # A
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Simi Valley CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Santa Paula CA, Ojai CA
|Pro Maid Janitorial Service|
2401 Eastman Ave # 36
Oxnard, CA 93030
Areas Served: Ventura CA, Oxnard CA, Camarillo CA, Simi Valley CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Moorpark CA
|Reliance Cleaning Service|
PO Box 1027
Santa Paula, CA 93061
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Camarillo CA, Ojai CA
|Pacific Building Maintenance|
2646 Palma Dr # 320
Ventura, CA 93003
Areas Served: Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA, Camarillo CA
|Service Master Co|
PO Box 6309
Ventura, CA 93006
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Simi Valley CA, Ventura CA, Camarillo CA, Moorpark CA
The state of California doesn't require any state license of janitorial services in Ventura County California, so there's no state standard for competency and reliability among janitorial and building maintenance companies.
So without state oversight or licensing, there's no guarantee that any particular janitorial service in Ventura County CA is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all janitorial companies in Ventura County CA that bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
There are many benefits to letting someone outside your company do the office cleaning. Along with clean offices you'll be proud of, local janitors save you money by giving professional service you can rely on and that make a better impression on your potential clients, and keep your staff happy and productive. Cheap janitorial companies may plague you with inconsistency and low quality, costing you more in the long run in lost customers or low morale of your staff.
Benefits of Hiring Local Janitors in Ventura County CA
For most businesses it doesn't make sense to hire full time employees to do janitorial or office cleaning. Instead, you save money and time by hiring for professional office cleaning services, and can get better results.
Hiring an outside janitorial company avoids the cost of employment taxes, training, management time, and benefit costs of hiring full time staff to perform commercial cleaning.
The best janitorial companies in Ventura County CA dispose of waste safely and legally and make your office cleaner and healthier. Some custodial maintenance companies also offer additional services, such as locking up offices at night before daily office cleaning begins or opening up businesses in the morning after night cleaning services. Some might also handle the recyclable items of your office trash, provided you've segregated it into separate recycling bins first for the office trash collection people who will be servicing your account.
Good commercial cleaning companies in Ventura County CA provide cleaning as frequently as you need. Whether your office requires daily, weekly, or seasonal maintenance, good janitorial companies should work around your schedule.
Be sure to find out up front what office cleaning services they will and will not perform. This way there are no disappointments if you expect one company to handle all tasks, including office cleaning, office vacuuming, floor waxing, and janitorial maintenance. It's not uncommon to have to hire more than one commercial cleaning company, so find out if each one you talk to will perform all of these for you for the quoted price.
Differences Between Janitorial Franchises and Local Commercial Cleaning Companies
Some janitorial service franchises market themselves locally but are headquartered elsewhere. Local individuals pay the national franchise for the rights to use their national brand name, trademark, and sometimes even to acquire their existing local customers. So if you pick the janitorial services based on that big brand name recognition, know that if it's a franchise, that national franchise could less involved in overseeing the quality of its franchise holders, meaning you could get less than you bargained for.
Other times, a national franchise does the marketing to get you as a customer but then farms out your contract (sub-contracts) to a small janitorial company actually located in Ventura County.
So keep in mind the following tips when you're reviewing janitorial bidding and contracts from commercial cleaning companies:
• Many cleaning franchises are not actually located in Ventura County. Instead, they are sales offices that then farm out your contract to smaller janitorial businesses in Ventura County. So if you hire a national company, your business may actually be cleaned by smaller sub-contractors. These custodians may not have formal janitorial training, and the franchise you've contracted with might not be able to guarantee the safety and reliability of those subcontractors.
• When it comes to client references, if these national companies are farming out their contracts for office cleaning to sub-contractors, the references they give might not be getting office cleaning from the very same crews that would be serving you.
• If you have problems or questions regarding your contract, local commercial cleaning services that are owned by national franchises may have to refer you to the corporate office for answers. It might take longer for a resolution to any conflicts.
• Large national companies often insist that you agree to long-term contracts, so that if you're unhappy with the quality, you may be stuck with them for a year or more.
• Some franchises have high turnover rates of local owners so that even if you like your office cleaning crew, you might not get serviced by that very same local owner for long. Some janitorial contracts also stipulate that, when the local franchise is sold to new owners, you have to pay additional fees to that "new" commercial cleaning company, so check the fine print before you sign contracts.
On the other hand, some people report that hiring a local janitorial maintenance company is a better way to get convenient and affordable service. When you work with locally-based companies, you deal with the owners directly. So if you have any questions regarding your contracts, you can get answers faster.
Others who hired janitorial services in Ventura County report that local owners are able to attend to their needs immediately because those local companies care about their reputation. And best of all, some janitorial services have security-screened their crew and well-trained custodians who provide good service at affordable prices.
If You Want Office Cleaning Companies that Offer Green Janitorial Services
The best commercial janitorial services in Ventura County embrace the trend toward green janitorial services by offering the option of green janitorial products and environmentally-friendly supplies. Many of these use Green Seal janitorial products, including EcoLogo and other eco-friendly supplies, biodegradable cleansers, natural or organic cleaning products. Others use recycled paper products and micro-fiber cloths instead of paper towels to cut down on paper waste.
Cheap Janitor Services in Ventura County CA Are Not Always Good Janitorial Companies
Cheap janitorial services in Ventura County usually don't give the best results. Some customers of cheap janitorial companies in Ventura County report that they cut corners or don't provide good cleaning consistently.
Some of the cheapest might even hire illegal workers to increase their profits. Discount services might seem at first to be a way to save, but it can cost you more in the long run because there are risks to hiring companies who cut corners by hiring illegal workers, or not carrying insurance to protect you.
Janitorial services that hire illegal workers aren't likely to perform background checks or guarantee the quality or accuracy of their crews. And because janitors often work when businesses are closed, these same illegal workers might have access to confidential information and expensive office equipment, putting you and your customers at risk.
That's why, while you're looking for someone affordable, it's important to also look for quality.
Some Janitorial Services in Ventura County Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these janitorial services in Ventura County CA: Service Master Co, Expert Building Maintenance LLC, Reliance Cleaning Service, Pro Maid Janitorial Service, Elite Janitorial & Maintenance, Pacific Building Maintenance. Other companies doing janitorial in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura CA who might still be in business include: .
Ask these questions of janitorial services in Ventura County CA about their procedures, billing, structure, and experience:
Describe the Janitorial Services or Office Cleaning Services Desired
Before you interview janitorial companies, write down the minimum services you require (cleaning bathrooms, office blinds, vacuuming, mopping floors, etc.) and any additional janitorial services you'd like them to perform (sanitizing office desks, business lock-up or opening services, floor waxing or polishing).
Then take notes when talking with potential janitorial companies. It should become clearer which janitorial services in Ventura County are best suited to provide the exact office cleaning services or building maintenance services you're looking for.
Questions to Ask Janitors & Commercial Custodians in Ventura County CA
Before you make a final decision on the best janitors in Ventura County for you, ask some questions to make sure they can meet your needs. We've prepared the following list of questions about janitorial cleaning to help you make the best decision.
• Do they provide their own supplies? Or will you need to supply office cleaning products for them?
• How do they charge? (By the hour or contract rates based on the number/frequency of visits?)
• Can they give you names and numbers of their clients who you can call as references? And are these references they have personally serviced rather than ones serviced by other owners in their same national franchise or other local branches of their same national chain? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What are the professional backgrounds of the owners?
• Are they independent owners or are they part of a national franchise?
• How do they handle complaints? If they're merely a local branch of a national chain, is the local branch able to make decisions? Or will your questions be referred to someone in corporate?
• Can they show you proof of general liability insurance to cover you in the event of property damage? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Can they show you proof of workers' comp insurance to protect you against claims from their employees that are injured while on your property? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had workers' comp insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they give their staff specific training for janitorial office cleaning?
• Do they take continuing education to improve their office cleaning and janitorial service?
• What is the personnel turnover rate? Can they consistently provide the quality of janitorial maintenance you require?
• Is the janitorial company a part-time or full-time business? If the office cleaners only work part-time, will they be available when you need them?
• What janitorial cleaning equipment, chemicals and maintenance methods are used? Do you have any concerns about fumes, toxicity, or just general environmental friendliness of their products?
• Can they offer the use of green commercial cleaning products (eco-friendly) and is there an additional charge?
• Do they do walk-throughs to determine a cost estimate?
• How do they choose their employees? What background checks for safety and reliability do they perform on new hires?
• Can they vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All janitorial companies in Ventura County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they keep MSDS (material safety data sheets) information at your site for the products they'll be using to do your office cleaning? (OSHA holds you responsible for having that information on-site.)
Know Your Options When it Comes to Office Cleaning Companies in Ventura County CA
When you're choosing among janitorial services & office cleaning companies in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura, make sure you're getting completely detailed janitorial bids to make accurate line-by-line comparisons of what is included or not included in the bid from each office cleaning company. Good commercial cleaning companies will put the details of their commercial cleaning contracts in writing and will provide you with written janitorial service pricing, timing, quality and warranty agreements.
Costs of Janitorial Companies & Office Cleaning in Ventura County CA
Be wary of commercial janitor services that charge on an hourly basis. Some people have even found that some custodial maintenance crews charge low hourly rates for office cleaning and then stretch their time by cleaning slower so they earn more money. However, some honest janitorial cleaning services do charge fair hourly rates for special janitorial cleaning assignments or seasonal or occasional custodial cleaning projects.
Some of the best janitorial companies in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura offer a wider variety of custodial cleaning and janitorial maintenance services than others, so they are worth paying a higher price for. Employees at the best janitorial companies in Ventura County have more experience and are seasoned janitors, so even though they don't offer cheap janitorial services, you get a lot more for your money.
Resources About Ventura County Janitorial & Office Cleaning in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura
Associations Related to Office Cleaning Services & Janitorial in Ventura County
IJCSA International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association (www.ijcsa.com/)
GCA Global Cleaning Association (www.globalcleaningassociation.com/)
ICA International Cleaners Association (www.internationalclnrs.com/)
BSCAI Building Service Contractors Association International (www.bscai.org/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.com/)
Media Publications Regarding Janitorial Services in Ventura County
ICS Cleaning Specialist Magazine
Cleaning Business Magazine
Cleaning and Maintenance Management Magazine
Cleaning Business Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for TOP 10 Janitorial Services in Ventura County within the following zip codes:
93001, 93066, 93005, 93030, 93011, 93022, 93036, 91361, 93015, 93010, 93016, 93065, 93002, 93009, 91319, 93060, 93012, 93043, 93021, 93042, 91320, 91360, 93006, 93041, 93033, 93003, 93040, 93063, 91358, 93062, 93035, 91362, 93034, 93007, 93032, 91359, 93004, 93094, 93024, 93023, 93031, 93064, 93044, 93020, 93099 and 93061
Janitorial Camarillo CA
A & D Janitorial Camarillo CA 93010
Erland's Maintenance Camarillo CA 93011
U & Q General Maintenance Camarillo CA 93012
Janitorial Fillmore CA
Quality Maintenance Of VC Fillmore CA 93016
Tolas Janitorial Service Fillmore CA 93015
Janitorial Newbury Park CA
Ezdras Janitorial Service Newbury Park CA 91320
M S Maintenance & Janitorial Newbury Park CA 91320
Maintenance Masters Newbury Park CA 91320
White Glove Professional Maintenance Newbury Park CA 91320
Janitorial Oak View CA
City Wide Janitorial Oak View CA 93022
Janitorial Ojai CA
Clean Ojai CA 93023
Cleancoast Ojai CA 93023
Janitorial Oxnard CA
Bautista's Cleaning Service Oxnard CA 93030
Cindy's Cleaning Oxnard CA 93035
Custom Janitorial Maintenance Oxnard CA 93036
E & L Cleaning Service Oxnard CA 93035
Eagle Janitorial & Floor Service Oxnard CA 93036
Fame Systems Inc Oxnard CA 93030
General Cleaning Oxnard CA 93033
Gold Coast Cleaning Oxnard CA 93033
J & M Janitorial Maintenance Oxnard CA 93030
J S Janitorial Service Oxnard CA 93033
Maid Magic Oxnard CA 93033
Nina's Janitorial Oxnard CA 93033
Oob Lines Oxnard CA 93030
Pro Maid Janitorial Service Oxnard CA 93030
Promaid Janitorial Service Oxnard CA 93030
Ray's Cleaning Service Oxnard CA 93036
Teltara Inc Oxnard CA 93035
Janitorial Port Hueneme CA
B & B Janitorial Port Hueneme CA 93044
Cuzco Janitorial Maintenance Port Hueneme CA 93044
Janitorial Santa Paula CA
Ayala's Agricultural Maintenance Santa Paula CA 93060
Reliance Cleaning Service Santa Paula CA 93061
Janitorial Simi Valley CA
Erazo's Maintenance Service Simi Valley CA 93063
Expert Building Maintenance LLC Simi Valley CA 93063
G & M Janitorial Service Simi Valley CA 93063
Janitor Simi Valley CA 93065
Magnum Janitorial Simi Valley CA 93065
Stratus Building Solutions Simi Valley CA 93063
Super Clean Janitorial Service Simi Valley CA 93063
Swept By An Angel Simi Valley CA 93065
Janitorial Thousand Oaks CA
American Janitor Service Thousand Oaks CA 91360
Atlas Cleaning Service Thousand Oaks CA 91360
Chores Unlimited Connie Hanson Thousand Oaks CA 91360
Clean As Can Bee Thousand Oaks CA 91362
Exclusive Cleaning Concepts Thousand Oaks CA 91360
Pacific Professional Maintenance Thousand Oaks CA 91360
SSC Service Solutions Thousand Oaks CA 91360
Ultra Klean Thousand Oaks CA 91360
Janitorial Ventura CA
A Alberts Reliable Cleaning Ventura CA 93003
Cleancoast Ventura CA 93001
Daisy Maids Ventura CA 93006
Dominguez Janitorial Service Ventura CA 93001
Elite Janitorial & Maintenance Ventura CA 93003
Glenda's Cleaning Service Ventura CA 93003
J & J Janitorial Service Ventura CA 93003
Pacific Building Maintenance Ventura CA 93003
Secor's Janitor Service Ventura CA 93003
Service Master Clean Ventura CA 93003
Service Master Co Ventura CA 93006
Janitorial Westlake Village CA
Clean Sweep Westlake Village CA 91362