How to Find the Best Kitchen and Bath Contractors in Ventura County CAConsidering a kitchen or bathroom remodel in Ventura County? Several good kitchen & bath remodelers in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura CA regularly update kitchens and bathrooms.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best kitchen & bath remodelers in Ventura County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated November 18, 2014
|Bodagger Enterprises Inc|
Send an email to this Company
(805) 647-0349, (805) 857-1518
2850 Sherwin Ave Unit D
Ventura, CA 93003
State Contractor's License #905498
Areas Served: Ventura County incl. Ventura CA, Camarillo, Casa Conejo, Channel Islands Beach, El ...
Services: kitchen remodelers, bath remodelers
|Lou Becker & Son's Construction|
Send an email to this Company
3092 Mineral Wells Dr.
Simi Valley, CA 93063
State Contractor's License #467375 (B)
Areas Served: Ventura County incl. Simi Valley CA,Camarillo, Casa Conejo, Channel Islands Beach, ...
Services: kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodels
Key Brands: Kohler, Marvin (Marvin Windows & Doors), Milgard Windows & Doors
|Fair Oaks Construction|
Send an email to this Company
26542 Cardinal Dr
Canyon Country, CA 91387
State License #977445
Areas Served: So Cal incl. Ventura County
Services: general contractors for all construction company needs
|McGillivray Construction Inc|
PO Box 956
Ventura, CA 93002
Areas Served: Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA, Camarillo CA
|Onsite Design Inc|
11953 Challenger Ct
Moorpark, CA 93021
Areas Served: Moorpark CA, Oxnard CA, Camarillo CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Ventura CA, Simi Valley CA
1673 Donlon St # 206
Areas Served: Simi Valley CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Santa Paula CA, Ojai CA
1629 Fremont Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Simi Valley CA, Ventura CA, Camarillo CA, Moorpark CA
|California Kitchen Creations|
3367 Telegraph Rd
Ventura, CA 93003
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Camarillo CA, Ojai CA
Kitchen & bath remodelers in Ventura County CA are legally required to be licensed by the state to do any kitchen/bath remodeling work over $500.00 as protection for the consumer. If the kitchen/bath remodeler has employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection because if their worker is injured on your property and the company doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injuries.
Contractors remodeling a kitchen or bathroom in Ventura County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all those bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation do have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
Kitchen & bathroom contractors in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura are qualified to design and build every aspect of your kitchen remodel and you can find a local kitchen bath contractor in Ventura County who makes this process an affordable and worthwhile procedure. So if you're in the market for a new kitchen or bathroom, take a look at the articles that follow for some helpful pointers on finding and hiring a great kitchen & bath contractor who can tastefully update your home.
Kitchen and Bath Companies Specialize in Different Aspects of Kitchen & Bathroom Design
A kitchen and bath contractor might have greater skill in certain kitchen and bath treatments. So it's important you find one that's familiar with the specifics of the modification you desire. Among the variety of specialized kitchen and bath services they offer, kitchen and bath contractors can install kitchen islands, tub surrounds, appliances, hardware and new cabinets and flooring. They can also protect your new bathroom from errant water with shower and tub enclosures.
Since many kitchen and bathroom contractors in Ventura County can work with you through the bathroom and kitchen design process, they're versed in several popular design themes, including contemporary, traditional, mission, country French, Eurostyle, and Mediterranean flavors. When you enlist one of the locally reputed kitchen and bathroom contractors that The Prime Buyer's Report has found and listed below, you can be sure to find one that offers these services and more.
Kitchen & Bath Contractors in Ventura County Can Supply Everything You Need for Your Project
Local kitchen and bathroom contractors acquire all of the new materials required to bring your kitchen or bathroom into the 21st century. Ventura County kitchen and bath contractors can usually supply all necessary building materials, so don't be shy about your preferences.
Qualify Potential Kitchen and Bath Designers
Before you hire a kitchen/bath contractor, always check the qualifications and history of the company or individual. Kitchen and bath remodeling contractors in Ventura County may have a lot of great work under their belts, but if it doesn't extend to the work you want performed, they still can't accommodate you. In the interest of getting the best kitchen & bath design possible, we advise taking a quality driven approach, as cheaper work is usually an indication of inferior work.
And while it may seem like an endless search to find a skilled and efficient kitchen and bath contractor who doesn't have overly liberal billing practices, they're out there. Fortunately, there's an abundance of helpful information to be found. To expedite the process, The Prime Buyer's Report has compiled some practical, consumer friendly information. It can be found in the article "Key Resources for Kitchen and Bath Remodeling in Ventura County."
Some Kitchen and Bathroom Contractors in Ventura County Are Much Better Than Others
Lately, work for kitchen & bath contractors in Ventura County is booming, and there are a number of contractors with specific expertise in kitchen and bath renovation. We've identified some who stand out and have earned respect for the best customer service and business practices. The Prime Buyer's Report lists these kitchen and bath remodelers in Ventura County: Bodagger Enterprises Inc, Lou Becker & Son's Construction, Fair Oaks Construction, Onsite Design Inc, T&R Carpentry, MacLynn, California Kitchen Creations, McGillivray Construction Inc, JF Da Pra. Other kitchen and bath remodelers in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura who might still be in business include: .
When choosing which kitchen bath remodelers in Ventura County CA to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, and procedures before hiring them:
• How long have they been in business as kitchen or bath remodelers in Ventura County specifically?
• If you're remodeling your kitchen, how many other kitchens remodels have they completed? If a bathroom, how many other bath remodels have they completed?
• Can they provide some examples of work similar to what you're asking for that they've completed?
• Can the kitchen bath contractors give you names and numbers of clients that you can call as references? (All remodeling companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• What is project timeframe from estimate to completion?
• How will your access to and use of the kitchen or bathroom be effected during the project?
• Do they carry workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All kitchen bath contractors in Ventura County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate with complete detail of the exact brands, items including project numbers, fixtures, types of materials and amount to be used? (This is key because the cheapest kitchen & bath contractors often only seem cheapest because they have bid on the cheapest fixtures which you will either be unhappy with, or request be changed during the project, leading to an increase in cost.)
• Can they demonstrate to you that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All kitchen bath contractors in Ventura County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the fixtures or appliances they have quoted you?
• Do they give a written warranty on their labor aside from manufacturer warranties, and if so, for how long is it?
• Will permits be needed for the kitchen or bath remodel? If so, who will be responsible for getting those permits?
• Do their own employees actually complete the work, or do they hire subcontractors for the kitchen and bath remodeling?
• How often and when do they clean up throughout the project?
• What procedures do they use to minimize the impact the project will have on the rest of your home, i.e. dust, noise, etc?
• How will they communicate to you their expected schedule to be on-site, and how often?
• Will they provide a detailed, written contract specifying the exact materials, amounts, brands, product numbers, and scope of work?
• What processes do they use to price the project?
• Can they forsee any potential surprises that might occur in the middle of the project due to what they learn about the existing structure or materials, and by how much exactly might that affect the total cost?
When you've chosen the best kitchen bath contractors in Ventura County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by the state. (All kitchen bath contractors in Ventura County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
The following are helpful links and publications for and about kitchen & bath remodeling companies in Ventura County
Associations & Licensing for Kitchen Remodelers and Bath Contractors in the Bay Area
ASA American Subcontractors Association (http://www.asaonline.com/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
CSLB Contractors State License Board (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (www.dca.ca.gov)
NARI National Association of the Remodeling Industry (http://www.nari.org/)
NKBA National Kitchen and Bath Association (http://www.nkba.org/)
Media & Web Resources for Kitchen and Bath Contractors
Interiors and Sources
Kitchen+Bath Business Magazine
Kitchen and Bath Design News
Professional Remodeler Magazine
For help with bathroom remodels or kitchen remodels, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the top 10 kitchen and bath contractors in Ventura County within the following zip codes:
91359, 93033, 91320, 93010, 93022, 93063, 93021, 93042, 93034, 93065, 93062, 93005, 93043, 93035, 91319, 93003, 93030, 91358, 93099, 93031, 93001, 93020, 93015, 91360, 93024, 91361, 93061, 93044, 93023, 93036, 93094, 91362, 93007, 93011, 93041, 93006, 93004, 93012, 93032, 93040, 93066, 93002, 93060, 93009, 93016 and 93064