How to Find the Best Swimming Pool Contractors in Ventura County
If you're ready to have a new swimming pool installed, there are many factors to take into account. One major consideration is the Ventura County swimming pool contractor to hire. Whether you opt for an in-ground pool, above-ground pool, or even a heated spa, the quality of the Ventura County swimming pool contractors you choose will have a major impact on the outcome.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best swimming pool contractors in Ventura County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated January 4, 2017
945 Black Canyon Rd
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Ventura CA, Oxnard CA, Camarillo CA, Simi Valley CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Moorpark CA
|Symphony Pools Inc|
4685 Runway St # P
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Simi Valley CA, Camarillo CA, Santa Paula CA
PO Box 940404
Simi Valley, CA 93094
Areas Served: Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA, Camarillo CA
4685 Runway St # P
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Simi Valley CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Camarillo CA, Moorpark CA
5039 Copper Ridge Ct
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Camarillo CA, Ojai CA
|Derian Quality Pools|
PO Box 1352
Moorpark, CA 93020
Areas Served: Moorpark CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA
|Walker Pools Inc|
416 Canyon Crest Dr
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Areas Served: Oxnard CA, Ventura CA, Thousand Oaks CA, Camarillo CA, Simi Valley CA, Ojai CA
Swimming pool contractors in Ventura County are required to be licensed by the State of California for your protection, such as with the specialty C53 license to perform as swimming pool builders specifically.
If swimming pool builders in Ventura County have employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection. If a worker is injured on your property and the pool contractor doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injuries and your own insurance may not cover that cost.
Builders of new swimming pools in Ventura County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all swimming pool contractors bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 status such as phone calls with previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
Good Swimming Pool Contractors in Ventura County Can Design and Construct Many Styles of Pools
Swimming pool construction is such a large undertaking that it has its own contractor license designation. Swimming pool contractors learn specific skills that allow them to construct swimming pools, spas or hot tubs, and install the heating equipment for them. More specifically, they can install or repair the basics, like new in-ground pools, above ground pools or vinyl pools, and there are many innovative types of custom pools that they can construct for both commercial and residential settings. Some of the swimming pool contractors in the Ventura County area have experience with more advanced projects, such as vanishing edge pools, salt water pools, waterfall pools, infinity pools, fiberglass pools, and hillside pools. In these instances, installation includes new gunite, filtration equipment, vinyl lining (if applicable), and heating units. If you're worried about your pool draining excessive energy or otherwise negatively affecting the environment, some pool contractors have extensive experience with energy efficient pools that are solar heated, gas heated, or temperature controlled.
Most of the swimming pool companies in Ventura County do regular work on existing pools as well. Certain wear is inevitable after time, and your aging pool might require extensive renovation, including relining, re-facing, gunite replacement, pool plastering, or concrete work, all of which can be completed by an accomplished pool contractor. If your pool is in need of major renovation, skilled contractors can even create a custom redesign based on your existing layout.
Ventura County Swimming Pool Contractors Customize New and Existing Pools
If you've already dedicated a sizable budget to a new swimming pool, why not infuse the project with accessories that will make it truly unique and enjoyable? A look at any skilled swimming pool contractor's portfolio will reveal a plethora of options that you can have installed in addition to the pool itself. There are in-pool features such as diving boards, stairs, ladders, and slides. You can enhance the pool area with waterfalls, quartz pool interior finishes, or water features. Contractors can install mechanical and electrical systems within the pool too, including fiber optic pool lighting, automated pool lighting, computerized systems, pool cameras, antimicrobial filters, regular filters, solar powered pumps, regular pumps, and automatic safety covers.
There's also your new yard to consider. Swimming pool contractors can build or subcontract different landscape additions, such as patio heaters, pool decks and safety pool fencing, pool houses, fire pits, saunas, Koi ponds, special rock formations, and poolside tile work. Down the road, your new pool will likely require maintenance and replacement parts. You may be able to contract with the initial builder to provide for these instances by supplying new liners, vinyl covers, chemicals for advanced purification, or new pumps or filters.
Some Swimming Pool Contractors in Ventura County Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these swimming pool contractors in Ventura County: Swimming Pools, Symphony Pools Inc, Walker Pools Inc, Eastlake Pools, Pool Builders, Esther Construction, Derian Quality Pools. Other swimming pool contractors in Oxnard, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura CA who might still be in business include: .
When choosing which swimming pool installers to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials before deciding:
• How long have they been installing swimming pools in Ventura County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique soil conditions and weather to take into consideration and experience in your exact location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, in ground pool versus above ground pool, freshwater versus saltwater pool, etc.?
• Can the swimming pool contractors give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All swimming pool builders bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of labor being proposed, the amount of material to be used, brand names if any, and product numbers if any? (A company might only appear cheaper than another by skimping on the amount of material, the installation method used, products or fixtures.)
• After you explain what you want in a new swimming pool, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All swimming pool companies in Ventura County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All swimming pool contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
When you've chosen the best swimming pool contractors in Ventura County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All swimming pool installers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Licensing & Trade Associations Relevant to Swimming Pools in Ventura County CA
APSP Association of Pool and Spa Professionals www.theapsp.org
BBB Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.com
CSLB Contractors State License Board /www.cslb.ca.gov
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs www.dca.ca.gov
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
IPSSA Independent Pool & Spa Service Association www.ipssa.com
NSPI National Spa & Pool Institute www.nspi.org
SPEC California Spa and Pool Industry Education Council www.calspec.org
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Swimming Pool Builders in Ventura County CA
Pool and Spa Living Magazine
Pool Science Magazine
Swimming Pool Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Swimming Pool Contractors in Ventura County CA within the following zip codes:
93030, 91320, 93001, 91319, 93065, 93043, 93016, 93061, 91359, 93021, 93005, 91362, 93010, 93015, 93007, 93062, 93020, 93012, 93041, 93024, 93094, 93066, 91358, 93036, 93022, 93044, 93040, 93006, 93011, 93009, 93099, 93031, 93033, 91361, 93034, 93035, 93003, 93060, 93004, 93042, 93063, 93002, 93032, 93023, 91360 and 93064
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Swimming Pools in Ventura County CA within the following cities:
Fillmore, Simi Valley, Ventura, Oak Park, Thousand Oaks, Port Hueneme, El Rio, Ojai, Newbury Park, Camarillo, Moorpark, Westlake Village, Casa Conejo, Channel Islands Beach, Santa Paula and Oxnard