How to Find the Best Signage in Contra Costa CountySign makers and sign contractors in Contra Costa County handle all aspects of signage including custom sign design, sign fabrication, sign installation, sign repair and maintenance. For everything from simple pole signs to electric signs and LED message boards, use this report to find the best sign companies and ask the right questions of potential sign contractors in Walnut Creek, Pittsburg, San Ramon and Richmond CA before you hire.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best sign companies in Contra Costa County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated October 29, 2014
|Diablo Valley Signs|
2490 Arnold Industrial Way Unit B
Concord, CA 94520
Areas Served: Danville CA, Concord CA, Pittsburg CA, San Ramon CA, Antioch CA, Walnut Creek CA
|Sunny Neon Inc|
598 Patterson Blvd
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Areas Served: Antioch CA, Walnut Creek CA, San Ramon CA, Concord CA, Richmond CA, Pittsburg CA
|Able Sign Inc|
2565 Cloverdale Ave Suite C
Concord, CA 94518
Areas Served: Concord CA, Walnut Creek CA, San Ramon CA, Pittsburg CA, Antioch CA, Richmond CA
|Corporate Graphics Inc|
2255 Morello Ave #220
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Areas Served: Walnut Creek CA, Concord CA, Richmond CA, San Ramon CA, Antioch CA, Danville CA
|California Signs & Graphics|
11 Elf Court
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Areas Served: San Ramon CA, Walnut Creek CA, Danville CA, Richmond CA, Concord CA, Alamo CA
Sign companies in Contra Costa County CA are not legally required to have general liability insurance, however all sign companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses you in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as phone calls to previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
In addition to sign design and installation, licensed sign contractors also conduct site surveys in preparation for sign installations, and perform sign maintenance and repair like replacing missing sign letters, wiring repair for electrical signs including digital and LED signage, replacing neon bulbs, routine sign cleaning, and more.
Many sign makers in Contra Costa County do not need a state license because they are not contractors. Either they are sign makers only leaving the intallation to others, or they make and install items that don't require a licensed contractor such as vehicle wraps, banners, real estate signs, trade show signs and trade shows displays, window graphics, magnetic signs, gold leaf window letter and more.
Some Sign Companies in Contra Costa County Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these companies for signs in Contra Costa County CA: Able Sign Inc, California Signs & Graphics, Corporate Graphics Inc, Diablo Valley Signs, Sunny Neon Inc. Other companies repairing, fabricating, or erecting signs in Walnut Creek, Pittsburg, San Ramon and Richmond CA who might still be in business include: .
Questions For Makers of Signs in Contra Costa County:
• Are they a genuine sign company or are they merely a sign broker?
• Do they offer sign design? If so, what is their design background, education, or qualifications?
• Are they sign makers, or sign installers, or both? If both, are they doing the installation themselves as licensed contractors or they are subcontracting it out to a sign contractor and if so, which one?
• Can the sign company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All sign companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• Do they offer a written guarantee on their labor and for how long? Is there a written warranty on the sign itself whether or not they are the sign manufacturer?
• How many signs do they do each year that are the same type as yours? There can be a difference in the experience required to do proper sign design or sign installation between different types of signage, such as pole signs versus neon signs, monument signs versus electrical signs, channel letter signs versus pylon signs, etc.
• Can they do computer design visuals of your specific property so you can see how different options in new signage would look before making a decision among all the options of sign type, size, color, etc.?
• After you explain what you want, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• Will they give you a detailed bid in writing for the new signage including the exact materials used to make your sign (type and amount of paint, thickness of metal) construction method, fastening method, etc? This is important. A cheap sign company may only appear less expensive because they've left out important details from the bid, preventing you from seeing that you're getting much less than what another sign company has quoted.
• If you're getting a bid for an electric sign including neon signs or LED signs, can they help you estimate your monthly or annual energy cost to run it? Can they help you compare the energy costs among different options in electric signs?
• In the case of signs requiring metal work, will the letters be welded together or merely screwed, stapled or pop-riveted? Welding gives better structural integrity and some cities in Contra Costa County or landlords may require welded sign letters.
Questions For Installers of Signs in Contra Costa County: • Do they offer ongoing sign maintenance or sign repair services for the new signage after installation?
• What permits for the signage will be required for your area of Contra Costa County? Will they be pulling the necessary permits or do they expect you to do that? If they will, is that cost included in their price quote or is it extra and by how much?
• How many other signs have they installed in Contra Costa County? How many in your town? This can be an indication of how familiar they are, or not, with state, county, or city ordinances regarding signs.
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough sign survey of your property first?
• Can the sign contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All sign companies in Contra Costa County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How well does the sign company know the installation crew coming to your property? Are they using trained, long term employees, or do they use temporary labor on a project-by-project basis? Remember, the owner of the sign company may be a licensed sign contractor but his employees probably aren't and employee abilities and degree of professionalism can vary widely.
• Does the sign contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All sign contractors in Contra Costa County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
Once you've got answers to these questions, you're ready to review their bid. Price should rarely be the determining factor since cheap signs in Contra Costa County usually aren't the best signs and it can cost you more to repair or replace than if you chose the best sign company to begin with.
When you've chosen the best sign company in Contra Costa County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a C45 license for sign contractors in Contra Costa County CA. (All sign companies in Contra Costa County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
The following is a list of trade associations relevant to signage in Contra Costa County:
ISA (International Sign Association)
NASSD (National Association of Sign Supply Distributors)
Calsign (California Sign Association)
USSC (United States Sign Council)
WSSC (Western States Sign Council)
The following are publications relevant to signage in Walnut Creek, Pittsburg, San Ramon and Richmond CA and Contra Costa County
SignWeb - The Signmakers' Resource
Sign Builder Illustrated
Sign & Digital Graphics Trade Magazine
If you are looking for sign makers or sign installers, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signage in Contra Costa County within the following zip codes:
94597, 94595, 94526, 94569, 94524, 94523, 94803, 94556, 94549, 94583, 94570, 94850, 94564, 94553, 94596, 94806, 94575, 94561, 94805, 94582, 94528, 94514, 94513, 94807, 94509, 94547, 94507, 94808, 94519, 94572, 94598, 94511, 94506, 94521, 94525, 94531, 94518, 94563, 94522, 94517, 94804, 94516, 94530, 94565, 94548, 94527, 94801, 94802, 94520 and 94820
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signs in Contra Costa County within the following cities:
Byron, Martinez, Port Costa, Point Richmond, San Pablo, Brentwood, Danville, N Richmond, Crockett, El Sobrante, Rheem Valley, Kensington, Concord, San Ramon, Port Chicago, Knightsen, Oakley, Pleasant Hill, Hercules, Alamo, Walnut Creek, Discovery Bay, Tara Hills, Diablo, Antioch, Hilltop Mall, El Cerrito, Richmond, Maltby, Canyon, Cowell, Moraga, Briones, North Richmond, Vine Hill, Orinda, Pinole, Pacheco, Clyde, Bay Point, Blackhawk, Los Medanos, Lafayette, Walnut Heights, Rodeo, Clayton, West Pittsburg, Pittsburg and Bethel Island