How To Find the Best Window Contractors in Contra Costa CountyFew projects have as much impact on the beauty and energy efficiency of your home as new windows. Window replacement companies supply popular window brands like Pella Windows, Milgard Windows and Andersen Windows. Window contractors can install double-paned windows and tinted windows for reduced energy bills, acrylic windows, vinyl windows, and more.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best window contractors in Contra Costa County and issues related to new windows and window replacement.
Updated January 24, 2015
|Kenneth R. Turnage II General Contractor, Inc.|
Send an email to this Company
(925) 754-5232, Fax: (925) 754-5020
309 East 18th St.
Antioch, CA 94509
State Contractors License #787499
Areas Served: Contra Costa County incl Walnut Creek CA, San Ramon, Danville CA, Blackhawk, Diablo ...
Services: replacement windows, energy efficient windows, new home windows
|Mares & Dow Construction|
Send an email to this Company
1870 Arnold Industrial # 1035
Concord, CA 94520
State license #618118 (B,C-10)
Areas Served: Contra Costa County incl. Concord CA, San Ramon CA, Alamo CA, Diablo CA, Danville CA,...
Services: window installers for new windows, replacement windows incl. vinyl windows, wood ...
Key Brands: Andersen Windows & Doors, Bristolite Daylighting Systems, Jeld-Wen Windows & Doors, ...
Send an email to this Company
Hayward, CA 94541
State Contractor's License #869202
Areas Served: East Bay including Contra Costa County
Services: replacement windows, window installers
Key Brands: Laticrete SpectraLOCK Grout, Schluter Systems
Window contractors in Contra Costa County are legally required to have a state contractor's license, and this is for your protection. Window replacement can be done legally under various contractor license categories as there is no specialty license category specifically for window replacement.
If window installers in Contra Costa County have employees, they're required to have workers' compensation insurance for your protection because if a worker is injured on your property and the company doesn't have worker's comp, you could be liable to pay for the injury.
Window contractors in Contra Costa County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all those bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage which reimburses their client in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
In addition to saving you money on utility bills due to the improved insulating properties of new windows, window replacement is one of the few things that freshen the look of both the inside and outside of your home at the same time. There are dozens of choices of new window styles and window brands from which to choose and good window replacement companies in Contra Costa County can help guide that choice. The Prime Buyer's Report offers these tips to help you find your way through your choices for new window sales and window installers.
Window Contractors in Contra Costa County Offer Many Types of New Windows and Window Services
In addition to carrying the most popular new windows for commercial and residential windows, many choices for custom windows are available from local window contractors. The window installers industry has recently focused on energy efficient windows, so many products offered can reduce your heating and cooling costs.
If you haven't yet decided what kind of new windows you're looking for, good window contractors will point you in the right direction once they hear your ideas and goals, and some will give a free window replacement estimate. From new construction to window replacement for existing buildings, the best window contractors will have options in new windows that you can be satisfied with.
That said, some older homes have beautifully-made custom windows with intricate designs which may make you may think twice about window replacement. A number of window contractors in Contra Costa County can instead do window restoration, preservation of aging materials (such as rubber window seals or wood window frames), custom-cut replacement window glass and custom-designed glass for a classic or contemporary look.
Some of the most popular searches for windows in Contra Costa County are for discount windows, fogged glass windows, dual pane windows, store front windows and mirrors, Oriel windows, circle bay windows, box bay windows, ribbon windows, label mold windows, round top windows, paired windows, Palladian windows, Jalousie windows, awning windows, bow windows, half round windows, louvered windows, tilt-turn windows, picture windows, double hung windows, slider windows, wood frame windows, vinyl frame windows, energy efficient windows, and basement hopper windows.
Style options of window glass include patterned window glass, stained window glass, etched glass windows, beveled glass windows, textured glass windows, framed mirrors, and mirrored walls. Window materials are available as well, such as aluminum, wood, fiberglass, block, vinyl, aluminum collapsed frame, and insulated glass, screens and casements.
For window replacements or updates, many windows installers offer custom shower doors and enclosures, mirrors, and tub enclosures for the bathroom. Some window contractors can custom fabricate your new windows for you aside from the popular window brands of pre-manufactured windows.
Some Window Contractors in Contra Costa County Are Safer to Spend With Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these window contractors and window installation companies in Contra Costa County: Kenneth R. Turnage II General Contractor, Inc., Mares & Dow Construction, Holeman Remodeling, Dolan's Windows Design Center, West Coast Windows & Doors, Inc., P M Window Co., El Cerrito Glass Co., Pella Windows & Doors, Piedmont Lumber & Mill. Other window contractors in Walnut Creek, Pittsburg, San Ramon and Richmond CA that might still be in business include: Face Lift Construction, Window Factory. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Window Contractors & Replacement Windows in Contra Costa County? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
When choosing which window contractors to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials before deciding:
• How long have they been doing windows in Contra Costa County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique weather that will effect choices in materials, window options and installation method. The length of experience doing windows in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, wood versus vinyl, custom fabricated windows versus pre-manufactured, energy efficient windows, etc.?
• Can the window replacement company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All window contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including brand names and product numbers of the windows, as well as the type of material and amount used for installation? (This is key because cheap window contractors in Contra Costa County often only seem cheaper because they are using less material, or inferior quality windows compared to others which will not last and require expensive repairs and maintenance later.)
• How long will it take them to complete the work?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the new windows to be installed?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All window contractors in Contra Costa County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All window replacement companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best window contractors in Contra Costa County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All window contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Replacement Windows in Contra Costa County
AWDI American Window and Door Institute (http://www.awdi.com/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (www.dca.ca.gov)
EWC Efficient Windows Collaborative (http://www.efficientwindows.org/)
WDMA Window & Door Manufacturers Association (http://www.wdma.com/)
Media & Web Publications About Windows in Contra Costa County
Door and Window Manufacturer Magazine
Window and Door Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Windows in Contra Costa County within the following zip codes:
94850, 94518, 94547, 94556, 94514, 94570, 94522, 94596, 94553, 94598, 94519, 94572, 94531, 94517, 94804, 94565, 94569, 94513, 94516, 94511, 94530, 94801, 94808, 94575, 94597, 94507, 94526, 94521, 94802, 94520, 94582, 94807, 94527, 94506, 94803, 94806, 94509, 94548, 94528, 94820, 94564, 94523, 94805, 94563, 94561, 94549, 94524, 94595, 94525 and 94583
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Replacement Windows in Contra Costa County within the following cities:
Martinez, Byron, Port Chicago, Kensington, Walnut Creek, Briones, Vine Hill, Blackhawk, Pinole, Moraga, West Pittsburg, Diablo, Concord, Clayton, North Richmond, Danville, Los Medanos, Hilltop Mall, Rodeo, El Sobrante, Bethel Island, Tara Hills, Antioch, San Pablo, Pacheco, Canyon, Port Costa, Point Richmond, Rheem Valley, Pittsburg, Walnut Heights, Maltby, Bay Point, Pleasant Hill, Hercules, Discovery Bay, Brentwood, Oakley, Knightsen, El Cerrito, N Richmond, Crockett, San Ramon, Richmond, Lafayette, Orinda, Clyde, Cowell and Alamo