The Best Construction Companies in Hartford County CT Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
General contractors in Hartford County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are construction companies that have exceeded the minimum state standard. They are those that have proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, that carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as residential or commercial builders in Hartford County CT, including new custom home builders.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Associated Construction Company|
1010 Wethersfield Ave # 304
Hartford, CT 06114
Areas Served: Farmington CT,West Hartford CT,Bristol CT,Hartford CT,Enfield CT,Wethersfield CT
Services: local general contractors for residential construction, commercial construction
|RMR Construction Company|
154 Brewster Rd
West Hartford, CT 06117
Areas Served: Hartford County,Hartford Conn,New Britain CT,West Hartford CT,Bristol CT,Manchester
Services: construction company for new construction, custom home building
|JMJ Construction Company|
658 Ellington Rd
South Windsor, CT 06074
Areas Served: Hartford Connecticut,Hartford County,Manchester CT,Southington CT,New Britain CT
Services: new home building, commercial contractors, residential contractors, construction
|Rich Associates General Contractors|
141 King Philip Dr
West Hartford, CT 06117
Areas Served: Hartford County,Windsor CT,Wethersfield CT,Farmington CT,Simsbury CT,Hartford Conn
Services: custom home builders, residential construction company, commercial building
|Waller Construction Company|
550 N Main St
Southington, CT 06489
Areas Served: Hartford County,Suffield CT,Avon CT,Berlin CT,Bloomfield CT,Simsbury CT,Farmington CT
Services: residential construction, commercial construction, municipal construction
|Ulitsch General Contracting|
58 Edgewood Dr
Enfield, CT 06082
Areas Served: Hartford Conn,Hartford County CT,Bristol CT,New Britain CT,Southington CT,Newington
Services: general contractors for new construction, custom home builders, commercial building
|Lawrence Brunoli Inc General Contractors|
11 Eastview Dr
Farmington, CT 06032
Areas Served: East Hartford CT,Enfield CT,Southington CT,Glastonbury CT,Newington,Hartford County
Services: local builders for all construction needs including residential & commercial
|Connoisseur's General Contractor Co|
39 Sumner St
Hartford, CT 06105
Areas Served: New Britain CT,Hartford County CT,East Hartford CT,Wethersfield CT,Farmington CT
Services: general contractors & construction company for new construction & building
|Ulitsch General Contracting|
445 Spring St # C
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Areas Served: Wethersfield CT,Hartford County CT,West Hartford CT,Manchester CT, New Britain CT
Services: local construction company for all construction services incl residential, commercial
The state of Connecticut requires only that residential general contractors in Hartford County CT be registered with the state as New Home Builders in order to do new home building including custom home builders. There is no test or exam for competency, merely a fee to be registered, so there is no state standard for competency among home builders. Those peforming as commercial builders such as office building construction, retail builders, or other commercial construction don't even require that mere state registration.
So obviously, simply being registered with the state as a New Home Builder is no indication that any particular general contractor in Hartford County CT is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all residential or commercial construction companies in Hartford County CT who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state registration (home builders only), only employees legal to work in the U.S., best business practices, and more.
When you talk with general contractors in Hartford County, explain what type of construction you need. Be consistent so each of the construction companies can submit an estimate based on the same information.
Step 2: Ask Questions and Take Notes
Before you create a list of possible general contractors for your construction project, ask them some important questions about their technical abilities, experience, and the specifics of your construction project. When the general contractors ask you questions, take notes on their concerns. They may reveal some aspects of the construction that are new to you.
Ask the general contractors the following questions about their experience, abilities, and methods:
• How long have they been builders in Hartford County CT specifically?
• How many other projects have they done that are like yours? (Custom home building versus commercial building, etc.)
• Will the general contractor give you names and numbers of cusomters that you can call as references? (All general contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had customers references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long will it take them to prepare a written bid once they conduct the estimate?
• Will they show you proof of workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All general contractors in Hartford County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the general contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All builders in Hartford County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire legally documented workers.)
• How do they determine pricing? For example is it T&M (time and materials) or a flat price and how are cost overruns handled?
• Will they give you a written contract that details the exact brands of products, model numbers, materials and amounts to be used? Neglecting to show those in writing is a way that seemingly cheap contractors unrealistically underbid others to get your project. Either you're getting poor materials that look bad or will fail. or you request better materials once the job is underway and the cost goes up accordingly.
• What type of written guarantee does each of the construction companies provide and what are the terms?
• Will construction permits be needed? If so, will the general contractors be responsible for getting those or do they leave that to you? Failure to get permits is another way cheap contractors in Hartford County are able to underbid legitimate ones. Unfortunately unpermitted work can stop you from selling the property and even make you liable you to big fines and repair costs to get it to code.
• Will they be bringing in subcontractors for your project and if so, what are those company names?
• How often and when will they clean up the work site?
When you've chosen the best contractors in Hartford County CT for your specific needs, make sure they are registered with the state of Connecticut. (All general contractors in Hartford County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Associations & Licensing for General Contractors in Hartford County CT
ABC Associated Builders and Contractors www.abc.org
Associated Builders and Contractors Connecticut Chapter www.ctabc.org
AGCCT Associated General Contractors of Connecticut www.ctconstruction.org/agcct/
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.assaonline.com
CCIA Connecticut Construction Industries Association www,ctconstruction.org
HBACT Home Builders Association of Connecticut www.hbact.com
Connecticut Home Builders Association www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?q=430570
General Building Contractors Media &Web Resources
Building Design and Construction
Connecticut Builder Magazine
Environmental Design and Construction Magazine
Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
Home & Design
New Old House
Old House Journal
This Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 General Contractors in Hartford County CT within the following zip codes:
6103, 6034, 6016, 6141, 6137, 6060, 6033, 6041, 6088, 6070, 6090, 6082, 6117, 6032, 6067, 6112, 6010, 6040, 6147, 6035, 6444, 6119, 6114, 6109, 6479, 6093, 6013, 6081, 6051, 6073, 6078, 6023, 6085, 6095, 6045, 6019, 6089, 6105, 6052, 6011, 6053, 6447, 6037, 6138, 6111, 6489, 6110, 6042, 6062, 6133, 6083, 6030, 6118, 6022, 6002, 6026, 6131, 6027, 6129, 6074, 6108, 6467, 6096, 6001, 6107, 6106, 6092, 6120 and 6050
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Construction Companies in Hartford County CT within the following cities:
East Hartford, Farmington, Burlington, Hartford, West Hartford, Canton, Berlin, Bloomfield, Windsor, Avon, Simsbury, Windsor Locks, Newington, South Windsor, Wethersfield, Southington, New Britain, Marlborough, Bristol, Kensington, Enfield, East Windsor, Rocky Hill, Plainville, Southwood Acres, Thompsonville, Granby, Suffield, Glastonbury and Manchester