The Best Construction Companies in Middlesex County CT Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
General contractors in Middlesex County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are construction companies that have exceeded the minimum state standard. They are those that have proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, that carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as residential or commercial builders in Middlesex County CT, including new custom home builders.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Rudolph Netsch Construction Company|
77 Spring St
Chester, CT 06412
Areas Served: Middlesex County CT,East Hampton CT,Middletown CT,Cromwell CT,Durham CT,Clinton CT
Services: residential construction, commercial construction, municipal construction
|David Tully General Contractor|
1794 Boston Post Rd # RR
Westbrook, CT 06498
Areas Served: Westbrook CT,Middletown Conn,Middlesex County CT,Cromwell CT,Old Saybrook Connecticut
Services: general contractors & construction company for new construction & building
|Coastline Construction Corp|
24 Long Hill Rd
Clinton, CT 06413
Areas Served: Middlesex County CT,Clinton CT,Cromwell CT,Middletown CT,East Haddam CT,Westbrook CT
Services: construction company for new construction, custom home building
|Hayes Construction Company|
10 Bluff Ave
Clinton, CT 06413
Areas Served: Middlesex County CT,Middletown CT,Cromwell CT,Clinton CT,East Hampton CT,Old Saybrook
Services: local general contractors for residential construction, commercial construction
The state of Connecticut requires only that residential general contractors in Middlesex County CT be registered with the state as New Home Builders in order to do new home building including custom home builders. There is no test or exam for competency, merely a fee to be registered, so there is no state standard for competency among home builders. Those peforming as commercial builders such as office building construction, retail builders, or other commercial construction don't even require that mere state registration.
So obviously, simply being registered with the state as a New Home Builder is no indication that any particular general contractor in Middlesex County CT is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all residential or commercial construction companies in Middlesex County CT who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state registration (home builders only), only employees legal to work in the U.S., best business practices, and more.
When you talk with general contractors in Middlesex County, explain what type of construction you need. Be consistent so each of the construction companies can submit an estimate based on the same information.
Step 2: Ask Questions and Take Notes
Before you create a list of possible general contractors for your construction project, ask them some important questions about their technical abilities, experience, and the specifics of your construction project. When the general contractors ask you questions, take notes on their concerns. They may reveal some aspects of the construction that are new to you.
Ask the general contractors the following questions about their experience, abilities, and methods:
• How long have they been builders in Middlesex County CT specifically?
• How many other projects have they done that are like yours? (Custom home building versus commercial building, etc.)
• Will the general contractor give you names and numbers of cusomters that you can call as references? (All general contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had customers references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long will it take them to prepare a written bid once they conduct the estimate?
• Will they show you proof of workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All general contractors in Middlesex County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the general contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All builders in Middlesex County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire legally documented workers.)
• How do they determine pricing? For example is it T&M (time and materials) or a flat price and how are cost overruns handled?
• Will they give you a written contract that details the exact brands of products, model numbers, materials and amounts to be used? Neglecting to show those in writing is a way that seemingly cheap contractors unrealistically underbid others to get your project. Either you're getting poor materials that look bad or will fail. or you request better materials once the job is underway and the cost goes up accordingly.
• What type of written guarantee does each of the construction companies provide and what are the terms?
• Will construction permits be needed? If so, will the general contractors be responsible for getting those or do they leave that to you? Failure to get permits is another way cheap contractors in Middlesex County are able to underbid legitimate ones. Unfortunately unpermitted work can stop you from selling the property and even make you liable you to big fines and repair costs to get it to code.
• Will they be bringing in subcontractors for your project and if so, what are those company names?
• How often and when will they clean up the work site?
When you've chosen the best contractors in Middlesex County CT for your specific needs, make sure they are registered with the state of Connecticut. (All general contractors in Middlesex County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Associations & Licensing for General Contractors in Middlesex County CT
ABC Associated Builders and Contractors www.abc.org
Associated Builders and Contractors Connecticut Chapter www.ctabc.org
AGCCT Associated General Contractors of Connecticut www.ctconstruction.org/agcct/
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.assaonline.com
CCIA Connecticut Construction Industries Association www,ctconstruction.org
HBACT Home Builders Association of Connecticut www.hbact.com
Connecticut Home Builders Association www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?q=430570
General Building Contractors Media &Web Resources
Building Design and Construction
Connecticut Builder Magazine
Environmental Design and Construction Magazine
Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
Home & Design
New Old House
Old House Journal
This Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 General Contractors in Middlesex County CT within the following zip codes:
6419, 6441, 6413, 6480, 6438, 6481, 6457, 6423, 6498, 6455, 6424, 6442, 6409, 6416, 6475, 6412, 6417, 6422, 6456, 6426 and 6469
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Construction Companies in Middlesex County CT within the following cities:
Durham, East Haddam, East Hampton, Killingworth, Haddam, Portland, Essex, Cromwell, Old Saybrook, Middletown, Clinton and Westbrook