The Best Flooring Contractors in Middlesex County CT Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones that have exceeded the minimum Connecticut regulatory standard. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, that carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as flooring installers in Middlesex County CT or flooring repair, including hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring installation, carpet layers, and more.
Updated January 4, 2017
|S&J Hardwood Floors|
50 Walnut St
Middletown, CT 06457
Areas Served: Haddam CT,Middlesex County CT,Cromwell CT,Old Saybrook CT,Middletown Conn,Essex CT
Services: floor contractors for hardwood flooring, floor covering installers
|Custom Hardwood Flooring Plus|
234 Middle St
Middletown, CT 06457
Areas Served: Middletown CT,East Hampton CT,Middlesex County CT,Clinton CT,Cromwell Connecticut
Services: flooring installers, hardwood flooring, flooring repair
|All-Star Hardwood Floors|
723 Laurel Grove Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
Areas Served: Middlesex County Connecticut,Middletown CT,Old Saybrook CT,East Hampton,Cromwell CT
Services: new flooring services, floor repair, hardwood floor installers
|AB Wood Flooring LLC|
1742 Boston Post Rd # 1b
Westbrook, CT 06498
Areas Served: Middlesex County,Haddam CT,Durham CT,Westbrook CT,Essex CT,Middletown CT,Cromwell CT
Services: new flooring installers incl. bamboo flooring,hardwood floors,laminate flooring
|Connecticut Wood Floors & Stairs|
42 Castle View Dr
Chester, CT 06412
Areas Served: East Hampton CT,Cromwell CT,Middletown CT,Clinton CT,Middlesex County CT,Haddam CT
Services: flooring services incl. flooring repair, linoleum floor, hardwood floors
The state of Connecticut requires only that flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT be registered with the state for flooring projects over $200. There is no test or exam for competency, merely a fee to be registered, so there is no state standard for competency among flooring contractors. Not even that mere registration is required of those installing commercial flooring.
So obviously, simply being registered with the state is no indication that any particular flooring installer in Middlesex County CT is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all new flooring installers in Middlesex County CT who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state registration (residential flooring installers only) only employees legal to work in the U.S., best business practices, and more.
Flooring Contractors in Middlesex County CT Perform Numerous Services
In addition to installing new floors, flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT also do floor repair like hardwood floor sanding and refinishing, and other floor restoration. Some specialize in different niches of the flooring industry (new flooring installation, fabrication, hardwood, linoleum, etc.). Some do strictly residential work, others are strictly commercial flooring contractors, and some do both. Most flooring contractors install new hardwood flooring, but they might also repair flooring or do floor refinishing. Some flooring contractors can even perform the duties necessary to prepare the subfloor.
Some hardwood flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT do every aspect of the installation process from initial fabrication to post-installation flooring finish work. They can custom stain and perform dustless sanding of hard materials, and install other features to embellish the new addition, such as custom moulding, custom milling, custom borders and inlays, inserts, matching baseboards or ceramic tile baseboards.
Some flooring contractors also perform as floor covering installers, meaning carpet layers, and layers of other floor coverings like linoleum.
Flooring Contractors in Middlesex County CT Work with a Variety of Good Flooring Products
There are many standard, affordable options in the flooring marketplace. Unfortunately, many of them involve some kind of compromise. Lighter, cheap flooring can stain easily, colors may fade with time and some shed or unrelentingly retain odors. But flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT can install carpeting, laminate and wood flooring options far beyond shag carpet and synthetic linoleum. Materials range anywhere from stain-resistant carpets to environmentally-friendly composites.
With the proliferation of flooring types and technology, the capabilities of the installing contractors have had to progress and multiply as well. Good flooring contractors are equipped to perform precision installation of most laminated or unfinished wood flooring, including red oak, white oak, bamboo (which is technically a grass), fumed oak, Brazilian cherry, hand distressed beech, cherry, or beveled beech.
Flooring contractors may also be acquainted with the techniques necessary to install merbau, ash, maple, hickory, pecan, distressed natural beech, and finished or unfinished exotic hardwood flooring.
Aside from appearance and practicality, there are other factors you may choose to consider when working with a flooring contractor in Middlesex County CT. Some flooring contractors offer options in environmentally friendly or sustainable materials, so-called "green flooring", such as vinyl composition tile (VCT), reclaimed hardwoods, reclaimed bamboo, acid-proof dex-o-tex, or other sustainable flooring materials.
Some Flooring Contractors in Middlesex County CT Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT: Connecticut Wood Floors & Stairs, Custom Hardwood Flooring Plus, All-Star Hardwood Floors, S&J Hardwood Floors, AB Wood Flooring LLC. Other flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT that might still be in business include: .
• How long have they been in business?
• How many floor covering installations, floor repair or new floor installations have the floor contractors done in Middlesex County specifically? (Different areas have different climate and moisture issues which can effect the choice of floor materials or installation methods, and lots of previous installations in your specific climate indicates experience in this regard.)
• How much experience do they have in the exact type of new flooring you want installed?
• Can the flooring contractor give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All flooring contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long should it take them to complete your new flooring installation?
• Will you be able to use your home or commercial space while the flooring work is being done and what level of inconvencience should you be prepared for?
• How do they price floor coverings, flooring materials and floor installation?
• Do the flooring contractors do finishing work as well as general flooring installation?
• Does the flooring contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All flooring contractors in Middlesex County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that includes the exact amount of material to be used, and the brand names and product numbers? (This is important because cheap flooring contractors often only seem to cost less because they're actually using less material or inferior material that will cost more later in repairs or maintenance.)
• Can the flooring contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All flooring companies in Middlesex County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How often do they clean up and using what method or machines?
• What is the manufacturer warranty on the flooring they are proposing to install?
• Do they give written guarantees on their floor installations aside from manufacturer warranties?
When you've chosen the best flooring contractors in Middlesex County CT for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are registered with the state if the project is residential. (All residential flooring companies in Middlesex County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Associations & Licensing for Flooring Contractors in Middlesex County CT
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org
CFI Certified Floor Covering Installers www.cfi-installers.org
FIANA Floor Installation Association of North America www.fiana.org
FCICA Floor Covering Installation Contractors Association www.fcica.com
MFMA Maple Flooring Manufacturing Association www.maplefloor.org
NALFA North American Laminate Flooring Association www.nalfa.com
NOFMA Wood Flooring Manufacturers Association www.nofma.org
NWFA National Wood Flooring Association www.woodfloors.org
PFIA Professional Flooring Installers Association www.pfia.org
WFCA Wood Floor Covering Association www.wfca.org
Media & Web Resources for Flooring Contractors in Middlesex County CT
Floor Covering Installer Magazine www.fcimag.com
Floor Focus Magazine www.floordaily.net
Hardwood Floors Magazine www.hardwoodfloorsmag.com
Jobsite Magazine-Floor Covering
National Floor Trends Magazine www.floortrendsmag.com
Floor Covering News www.fcnews.net
Floor Covering Weekly www.floorcoveringweekly.com
Fabulous Floors Magazine www.fabulousfloorsmagazine.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Flooring Contractors in Middlesex County CT within the following zip codes:
6469, 6455, 6417, 6422, 6419, 6426, 6475, 6481, 6441, 6438, 6416, 6480, 6456, 6413, 6498, 6442, 6457, 6423, 6424, 6409 and 6412
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Flooring in Middlesex County CT within the following cities:
Portland, Durham, Middletown, Essex, Killingworth, Westbrook, Clinton, East Hampton, Old Saybrook, East Haddam, Haddam and Cromwell