The Best Tile Contractors in Lee County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Tile contractors in Lee County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the tile setters proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only documented workers, and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as tile installers or for tile repair in Lee County FL, including ceramic tile, glass tile, and more.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Sanibel Creative Tile Co|
PO Box 1243
Sanibel, FL 33957
Areas Served: Iona FL,Fort Myers FL,Estero FL,Cape Coral FL,Villas FL,Lehigh Acres FL,Lee County
Services: tile installers for residential tile, commercial tile, retail tile, tile repair
|Alpha Tile & Stone|
10898 Metro Pkwy # A
Fort Myers, FL 33966
Areas Served: Estero,North Fort Myers,Bonita Springs,South Fort Myers,Lehigh Acres,Cape Coral FL
Services: tile contractor and fabricator for new tile, tile design, tile repair
916 SE 15th Ave
Cape Coral, FL 33990
Areas Served: Bonita Springs FL,Lee County FL,South Fort Myers FL,Lehigh Acres FL,Cape Coral FL
Services: local tile company for all tile repair, new tile setting, ceramic tiles, slate tiles
|Ciano's Tile & Marble Inc|
5680 Halifax Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33912
Areas Served: Lee County,Bonita Springs FL,Cape Coral FL,Fort Myers FL,Lehigh Acres FL,Villas FL
Services: custom tile, residential tiling, commercial tiling, tile resetting, tile restoration
|Calvetti Tile & Marble|
10530 Stringfellow Rd # 3
Bokeelia, FL 33922
Areas Served: Lee County Florida,Lehigh Acres FL,Cape Coral FL,Bonita Springs FL,Fort Myers FL
Services: tile setting incl. tile caulking, retiling, tile repair, tile showers,tile walls
|GVM Tile & Marble Inc|
2520 Highland Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33916
Areas Served: Lee County FL,Cape Coral FL,Lehigh Acres FL,Fort Myers FL,Bonita Springs FL,Estero FL
Services: local tile contractor for tile walls, tile backsplash, tile floors, shower tile
|Trebing Tile Inc|
4537 Del Prado Blvd S
Cape Coral, FL 33904
Areas Served: Cape Coral FL,Estero FL,Lee County,North Fort Myers FL,Lehigh Acres FL,Bonita Springs
Services: tilers for tile replacement, new tile, tile repair, grout repair, regrouting
The state of Florida doesn't require any state license of tile contractors in Lee County FL so there's no state test for competency among tilers, leaving it up to each county or city to decide if they want to enforce some standard, or not.
But even in the case of a county license for tile setters, there's no guarantee that any particular tile contractor in Lee County FL is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for new tile in Lee County FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Some Tile Contractors in Lee County FL Are More Experienced Than Others
The modern era has seen the manufacture of a shortcut product called backerboard intended for do-it-yourselfers and not professional tile contractors, yet is used by some of the cheapest tile contractors that leads to inferior tile setting and customers not getting their money's worth.
Experienced tile contractors do tile setting as a craft, as well as knowing the different adhesives to use based on the type of tile, how to best prepare the surface to be tiled to avoid tile failure, how to waterproof tile the right way, how to lay tile without overly big grout lines, that there are different types of grout that are best based on the particulars of each job, and how to plan the tiling before starting so that it looks balanced based on where it starts and ends, as well as around protruding obstacles.
Tile Contractors in Lee County FL Perform Numerous Services
The best tile contractors in Lee County FL offer color consultation, design assessments, mosaic design, and appropriate tile grading, which they determine after observing your living style and area traffic. They calculate all installation details and obtain all materials. But after the initial consultation, capability as tile setters hinges on their area of expertise.
Some tile contractors in Lee County FL have experience as custom tile installers for residential or larger commercial and institutional tiling jobs. Some are willing to remodel existing tile work or do tile repair in Lee County, but other tile contractors restrict themselves to new, non-custom tiling. Tile contractors in Lee County can do the finishing work for those projects too, such as tile re-grouting, caulking, tile waterproofing, and tile sealing. Certain good tile contractors in Lee County FL can even bring aging tiles back to life with crack repair, tile resetting and tile restoration.
And most installers of new tile in Lee County FL aren't limited to tiling for shower stalls. They can often do tile setting that includes decorative borders, tile backsplashes, tile walls, and tile floors.
Tile Contractors in Lee County FL Offer Many Parts and Materials
If you want something more than standard ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles, some tile contractors in Lee County have new tile showrooms you can visit to see a selection of new tile. Those tile showrooms often contain imported or domestic tiles in an array of colors, so don't feel limited to the standards. Some tile contractors in Lee County FL are known to work with glass tiles, marble tiles, granite tiles, terracotta tiles and travertine, limestone or slate tiles. In some cases, these specialty materials are fabricated by local artisans.
For outdoor settings, such as mosaics or tile patios, tile installers can use the nontraditional new tile of your choice such as exotic new tiles like metal tiles, glass tiles and blocks, or even onyx. The best tile contractors in Lee County FL can work with nearly any material you desire, so don't feel restricted when making your choices.
Some Tile Contractors in Lee County FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these tile contractors in Lee County FL: Sanibel Creative Tile Co, Ciano's Tile & Marble Inc, GVM Tile & Marble Inc, Calvetti Tile & Marble, Alpha Tile & Stone, PCC Tile, Trebing Tile Inc. Other tile contractors in Lee County FL that might still be in business include: .
When it comes to tile contractors in Lee County FL, ask these questions about the experience, methods, and abilities:
• How long have the tile contractors been in business?
• How many tile jobs have they completed in Lee County FL? (More jobs in your specific area shows greater familiarity with local climate characteristics that effect tile such as humidity.)
• Can they prove experience in the exact same kind of tile material or project nature that you have in mind?
• Will the tile contractor give you names and numbers of past customers who had the same kind of cabinets done who you can call as references? (All tile installers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long will it take to finish the project once it is begun?
• If you are living or working at the site while the tiling is being done, what preparations will they do to minimize dust or other mess? Similarly, do they clean up at the end of each day and what does that entail?
• Will they provide a detailed, written estimate that is completely itemized, including the amount of material being quoted both with tile but also the type and amount of grout, the type and amount of waterproofing, including product brand names and item numbers? (This is important because cheap tile contractors in Lee County often only seem cheap because they are using lower quality material that will cost you more in repairs and premature replacement.)
• Do they see an obvious change you could make to your specifications that would significantly lower the cost of the estimate, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Similarly, do they see a big gain in performance or visual appeal that can be gained for just a little bit more money?
• Does the tile contractor have a showroom where you can see different samples of materials and finishes? If not, will the cabinet contractor accompany you to a tile showroom to do that, or bring multiple samples to your home?
• Does the cabinet installer give a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty. If so, what does it cover and for what time period?
• Will the cabinet companies and cabinet builders provide a written contract based on the itemized estimate?
• Can the tile contractor vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All tile contractors in Lee County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All tile contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Does the tile contractor use only their own employees for the tile setting, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies so you can research them?
When you've chosen the best tile contractors in Lee County FL for you, make sure they are actively licensed as contractors by your county or city if such is required by law, since Florida doesn't require any state license of tile setters. (All tile contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had a mandatory county or city license verified, if required by law, by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Licensing & Trade Associations for Tile in Lee County FL
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CTIOA Ceramic Tile Institute of America www.ctioa.org
CTSA Ceramic Tile & Stone Association www.tile-stoneassn.org
HTA Handmade Tile Association www.handmadetileassociation.org
NTCA National Tile Contractors Association www.tile-assn.com
NTMA National Terrazzo and Mosaic Association www.ntma.com
TCAA Tile Contractors Association of America www.tcaainc.org
Media & Web Resources About Tile in Lee County FL
Tile Magazine www.tile-magazine.com
Tile Dealer Magazine https://issuu.com/tiledealer
Contemporary Stone & Tile Design - Stone World Magazine www.stoneworld.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Tile Contractors in Lee County FL within the following zip codes:
33914, 33907, 34104, 34224, 33955, 33936, 33951, 33922, 33971, 33966, 33913, 34135, 33911, 33932, 34110, 33905, 33910, 33993, 33972, 33912, 34134, 33974, 33919, 33918, 33931, 33967, 34711, 32802, 33916, 33902, 33909, 33903, 34119, 33917, 33990, 33976, 33928, 33067, 33906, 33915, 33921, 33970, 33945, 33929, 33991, 33908, 33924, 33994, 33956, 34112, 33973, 34133, 33901, 34108, 33957, 34136, 33920 and 33904
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Tile in Lee County FL within the following cities:
Three Oaks, Lehigh Acres, Fort Myers Beach, Villas, Lochmoor Waterway Estates, McGregor, Sanibel, San Carlos Park, Gateway, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Estero Island, Estero, St James City, Pine Manor, Suncoast Estates, Fort Myers Shores, Buckingham, Bonita Springs, Iona, Whiskey Creek, Cypress Lake, North Fort Myers, South Fort Myers and Tice