The Best Remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the commercial or home remodelers that have exceeded the minimum Florida regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, have liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as commercial or home remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL, including home improvement companies and home repair services.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Permax Construction Remodeling|
201 Crandon Blvd # 406
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Areas Served: Palmetto Bay FL,Miami-Dade County,Cutler Bay FL,Miami Beach FL,Miami FL,Hialeah FL
Services: home remodelers,commercial remodeling,retail remodels,carports,basement finishing
|Unlimited Home Remodelers|
20830 SW 240th St
Homestead, FL 33031
Areas Served: Miami-Dade County FL,University Park FL,Miami FL,Doral FL,Hialeah FL,Miami Beach FL
Services: remodeling specialists, home repair, additions, home improvement company
|Innovations & Renovations|
749 Hunting Lodge Dr
Miami Springs, FL 33166
Areas Served: Miami Lakes FL,Coral Gables FL,Miami FL,Carol City FL,Kendall FL,Miami-Dade County FL
Services: home improvement, home renovating, commercial remodeling contractors
|Home Remodeling & Design|
2635 W 76th St
Hialeah, FL 33016
Areas Served: Miami-Dade County,Richmond West,Miami FL,Tamiami FL,Miami Beach FL,Hialeah FL
Services: local remodeling company for home remodels, additions, patio covers
|Bamerica Home Improvement|
2016 NW 84th Ave
Doral, FL 33122
Areas Served: Miami FL,Crossings FL,Kendall West FL,Carol City FL,Miami Gardens,Miami-Dade County
Services: remodelers, sunroom, sun porch, solarium, home additions, home repair
|Inter-Remodeling Service LLC|
2651 NW 27th Ave # 302
Miami, FL 33142
Areas Served: Miami-Dade County,Norland FL,Miami FL,South Beach FL,Kendall FL,Hialeah FL,Kendall FL
Services: remodeling contractors for home remodeling, retail remodeling, commercial remodeling
|Zerlottini & Son Remodeling|
2440 E 8th Ave
Hialeah, FL 33013
Areas Served: Coral Terrace FL,North Miami Beach FL,Miami Gardens FL,Hialeah FL,Miami-Dade County
Services: home reconstruction, home remodels, sun lounge, sun porch, patio enclosures
|One Stop Home Remodeling LLC|
2296 W 80th St
Hialeah, FL 33016
Areas Served: Miami Florida,Westchester Florida,Hammocks FL,Miami-Dade County FL,Kendall FL,Tamiami
Services: home improvement company for home repairs, additions, sun rooms, screen rooms
The state of Florida requires home remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL to be licensed as home improvement companies by the state, requiring a minimum amount of experience, and passing a proficiency exam. There is no such license requirement for commercial remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL.
But even the state license for residential remodeling is no guarantee that any particular home remodeler in Miami-Dade County FL is even competent, is doing business honestly, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all commercial or home remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, proof of liability and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Signs of the Best Remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL:
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE WITH REMODELS
A remodeling project, whether home improvement or commercial remodeling, is often more complex than building from scratch. First, the remodeling contractor has to work within the limitations or peculiarities of the existing structure. Second, it's common for surprises to come up during the remodel, because some things can't be known until walls or ceilings are opened, floors taken up, etc. exposing hidden factors. The best remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL are those with the experience to forsee these possibilities and the honesty to explain them to you at the outset, particularly, how it can affect the final cost of the remodel.
Respect and consideration for the customer are also hallmarks of good remodeling contractors since remodels often require work done while the customer is working or living in the space. For this reason, communicating their expected work schedule to you all along the way, keeping to it, or giving you notice on occasions where they can't, are all characteristics of the best remodeling contractors. Some remodelers in Miami-Dade County will even bring portable toilets for the use of the crew to avoid their use of your washroom (or your bushes). A customer living on site during a home remodeling proejct should expect some inconvience during the project, but again, respectful remodeling contractors will keep the potential inconvience to the minimum possible.
Attention to keeping the work site as neat as possible throughout, and cleaning thoroughly at the end of each day, like vacuuming dust and putting materials away, are behaviors that set some remodeling contractors far above the rest and result in much higher customer satisfaction with the finished project.
Home remodelers should know their crew well and be able to vouch for them as trustworthy especially when that crew has access to your home or family.
Of course attention to detail is important for quality work, but detail is critical right from the beginning with the cost proposal they prepare for you. Such a bid should detail the exact brands, fixtures, types of materials and amounts of each. If not, the bid might be quoting only the cheapest options so that later when you find out once the project is underway and you request better substitutions, the cost goes up. So good remodelers will go over those options with you before submitting a written proposal, and include your specific choices, and their costs, in the written bid.
Home Remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL Add Value
Remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL perform many aspects of home repair or specialized home remodeling. A straightforward way to add value to your home is to remodel areas where dated technology and style are most glaring.
Not only are home improvement companies in Miami-Dade County FL able to make an existing space appear larger, they can also create space by shifting square footage to one room from another or by doing a home addition. Finishing a basement is a great way to get extra living space without a home addition, or perhaps a wine cellar.
Other home remodeling contractors specialize in just certain aspects of home improvement like carports and patio covers, sunrooms and screen rooms in Miami-Dade County. But even contractors building patio covers or sun rooms in Miami-Dade County must be state-registered contractors.
Whether it's a big family room with a new fireplace or a new guest room, office, granny unit, garage, sunroom, patio cover, patio enclosure, screen room, carport, wine cellar, second story addition, or even a complete reconstruction of an older house, use the above list of home remodeling companies in Miami-Dade County proven through independent research as safer, more reliable, and who provide more value.
Added Value From Basement Finishing by Basement Remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL
Many homeowners have gotten additional value and a higher quality of life from their home with basement finishing in Miami-Dade County FL done by experienced basement remodeling contractors. It's an immediate increase in living space often for less cost than a home addition. But the basement remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL must be experienced with the specifics to basement finishing, such as moisture control, checking floor joists, proper and safe ventilation, and what it will take to get a basement remodeling project to conform to local building codes for a space that is often starts as non-conforming. The best basement remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL will be able to show you previous finished basement remodeling projects.
Increased Popularity of Patio Enclosures, Sunrooms & Patio Covers in Miami-Dade County FL
Changes to more comfortably enjoy your outdoor space or to bring facets of the outdoors to an inside space are increasing in popularity. Patio cover companies and sunroom contractors in Miami-Dade County are frequent choice.
A sunroom, sun lounge, sun porch or sun parlor is a portion of the home provding enjoyment of the sun and the view while avoiding adverse weather such as wind and rain. They also go by the terms patio room, solarium, conservatory, patio enclosure or Florida room. Some are designed with the view as the priority, others are intended to collect sunlight for light and warmth.
Patio enclosures and patio covers are another option. Patio cover companies build a roof with supports to cover a patio. Patio covers provide protection from rain and shade. If such an area is also surrounded by screens, it may be referred to as a screen room.
Some Home Remodeling Contractors in Miami-Dade County FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County: Zerlottini & Son Remodeling, Home Remodeling & Design, One Stop Home Remodeling LLC, Unlimited Home Remodelers, Bamerica Home Improvement, Inter-Remodeling Service LLC, Permax Construction Remodeling, Innovations & Renovations. Other home remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL that might still be in business include: .
When hiring commercial or home remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL, ask these questions about their abilities, experience, and methods before hiring:
• How long have they been doing business specifically as remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL?
• Will they show you examples of remodels they've completed that are similar to what you want done?
• Will the remodeling contractors give you names and numbers of previous clients you can call as references? (All remodeling contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customers references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they have experience with the exact kind of remodeling you want? The expertise needed to build a patio cover or sunroom is different than that needed for a home addition, which in turn is different than a second story addition.
• Will they give a written bid with complete detail on the exact fixtures, items, and brands including product numbers, types of material and amount of material to be used? (This is critical because cheap remodeling contractors often only appear lower cost because they intentionally quote for only the lowest cost items, knowing that later you will probably want upgrades once you see them, which will the make the final cost much higher than their unrealistically low cost estimate.)
• Can they forsee any aspects that are unknown until the project is underway, such as what's under floors, inside ceilings, behind walls, that could change the cost of the project, and by how much specifically in each case? (Some home remodelers only seem cheap because they don't tell you about these possible unknowns, either due to lack of experience to anticipate them, or purposely to look like the low bidder in order to get your business).
• Is the individual who is doing the estimate (and making promises to you) the same one who will be doing the remodeling or overseeing the project? Or instead, will you be handed off to a different person in the company and if so, who?
• Will the remodeler give you a written contract to sign?
• How soon after the contract is signed will they begin?
• What is the project timeframe from contract signing to completion?
• Once the remodeling starts, will they be there every day until done , or is it possible they will be absent for days at a time to do work for other customers? If so, will this alter the estimated completion date?
• Can they prove to you that all their employees are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All remodelers in Miami-Dade County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they give any written guarantees on their workmanship besides manufacturers warranties on products used, and if so, for what time period and what in included?
• Is a permit required by your city for the remodeling you intend? If so, will the remodeling be getting those permits or do they leave that up to you?
• Will they be using only actual employees of their company, or instead do they bring in subcontractors? If so, what are the names of those subcontractors so you can research those?
• If they do use subcontractors, will you pay those subcontractors directly, or does the remodeling contractor do that? If the remodeling company, will they collect and give you a lien release from each subcontractor as assurance for you that those subcontractors will not file a lien on your property for any claims against the remodeler, such as if they are not paid on time?
• If you will be using the space while it is being remodeled, such as living in your house during a home remodel, how often and when do they clean up throughout the project?
• What methods or equipment do they use to keep the remodeling as clean as possible while you're using the space, for example air filters, dust barriers etc?
• How often will they communicate to you their expected schedule and by what method?
• Will they show you copies of their liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance? (All remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
When you've chosen the best remodeling contractors in Miami-Dade County FL for your specific needs, for home remodeling, make sure they are licensed by the state of Florida as a Home Improvement Company. (All residential remodeling companies in Miami-Dade County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
ABC Associated Builders and Contractors (http://www.abc.org/)
ASA American Subcontractors Association (http://www.assaonline.com/)
BBB Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.com)
NARI National Association of the Remodeling Industry (http://www.nari.org/)
Media & Web Resources for Remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL
Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
Home & Design
New Old House
Old House Journal
This Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Remodeling Contractors in Miami-Dade County FL within the following zip codes:
33178, 33234, 33194, 33283, 33196, 33261, 33152, 33055, 33127, 33137, 33056, 33257, 33147, 33012, 33190, 33173, 33145, 33035, 33161, 33128, 33142, 33133, 33032, 33238, 33030, 33167, 33144, 33126, 33179, 33154, 33189, 33129, 33016, 33183, 33174, 33280, 33243, 33168, 33170, 33112, 33157, 33036, 33136, 33172, 33181, 33134, 33010, 33116, 33180, 33175, 33015, 33187, 33033, 33265, 33135, 33197, 33138, 33146, 33140, 33090, 33034, 33166, 33139, 33184, 33155, 33130, 33182, 33186, 33125, 33109, 33149, 33233, 33092, 33018, 33143, 33141, 33114, 33164, 33132, 33245, 33013, 33242, 33160, 33266, 33169, 33177, 33256, 33131, 33158, 33162, 33163, 33255, 33247, 33296, 33150, 33239, 33031, 33101, 33039, 33156, 33014, 33165, 33122, 33176, 33185, 33193 and 33054
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Remodelers in Miami-Dade County FL within the following cities:
Hialeah, Three Lakes, Kendall, Miami Springs, University Park, Aventura, Country Club, Gladeview, Palmetto Estates, Norland, Carol City, Ives Estates, Scott Lake, South Miami, West Little River, Key Biscayne, Pinecrest, Coral Terrace, Miami Lakes, Country Walk, Miami Gardens, Florida City, Coral Gables, Miami, Sunset, Princeton, Pinewood, Tamiami, Sweetwater, Hammocks, Brownsville, Palmetto Bay, Sunny Isles Beach, North Miami Beach, Ojus, South Beach, North Miami, Golden Glades, Kendall West, Doral, Miami Beach, Miami Shores, Kendale Lakes, Cutler, Opa-locka, Cutler Bay, Homestead, Westwood Lakes, Hialeah Gardens, Leisure City, Crossings, Goulds, Fountainbleau, Westchester, Olympia Heights, South Miami Heights, Richmond West and Glenvar Heights