The Best Construction Companies in Orlando FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
General contractors in Orlando FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the construction companies that have exceeded the minimum Florida state requirements. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as residential or commercial builders in Orlando FL, including new custom home builders.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Fitzgerald Construction LLC|
1825 S Orange Blossom Trl
Apopka, FL 32703
Areas Served: Maitland Fl,Orlando FL,Southchase FL,Alafaya FL,Oak Ridge FL,Pine Hills,Orange County
Services: construction company for new construction, custom home building
|DG General Contracting|
2041 N Hiawassee Rd
Apopka, FL 32703
Areas Served: Orange County Florida,Orlando FL,Apopka FL,Pine Hills FL,Ocoee FL,Pine Hills FL,
Services: residential construction, commercial construction, municipal construction
4301 Vineland Rd # E12
Orlando, FL 32811
Areas Served: Winter Garden FL,Orange County Florida,Orlando FL,Apopka FL,Alafaya FL,Pine Hills FL
Services: local general contractors for residential construction, commercial construction
|JM Thompson Construction Inc|
838 N Thompson Rd
Apopka, FL 32712
Areas Served: Orange County FL,University FL,Orlando FL,Winter Garden FL,Pine Hills FL,Alafaya FL
Services: custom home builders, residential construction company, commercial building
|Hensel Phelps Construction Co|
1871 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Areas Served: Southchase FL,Oak Ridge FL,Meadow Woods FL,Winter Park FL,University FL,Orange County
Services: new home building, commercial contractors, residential contractors, construction
|CEC General Contractors Inc|
1555 Dopey Dr
Orlando, FL 32830
Areas Served: Pine Hills FL,Orange County FL,Orlando Florida,Meadow Woods FL,Oak Ridge FL,Maitland
Services: local construction company for all construction services incl residential, commercial
|Franklin Bay General Contractor Inc|
3021 E Washington St
Orlando, FL 32803
Areas Served: Orange County FL,Winter Park FL,Orlando FL,Meadow Woods FL,Winter Garden,Alafaya FL
Services: local builders for all construction needs including residential & commercial
|Strong General Contractors|
35 Pied Ct
Orlando, FL 32828
Areas Served: Apopka FL,Orange County Florida,Ocoee FL,Orlando FL,Pine Hills FL,Alafaya FL,Maitland
Services: general contractors for new construction, custom home builders, commercial building
|Savitara General Contractors|
4101 Columbia St
Orlando, FL 32811
Areas Served: Alafaya Florida,Orlando FL,Orange County Florida,Pine Hills FL,Ocoee FL,Apopka FL
Services: general contractors & construction company for new construction & building
The state of Florida requires general contractors in Orlando FL to be licensed by the state, which requires a minimum amount of experience, and passing a proficiency exam.
But the state license is no guarantee that any particular custom home builder or general contractor in Orlando FL is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all residential or commercial construction companies in Orlando FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, verified liability and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Not all general contractors in Orlando can be equally experienced in every specialized area of construction. So find general contractors in Orlando FL based on the specific type of work you need done. Some general contractors specialize as custom home builders in Orlando FL, as design/build contractors, as commercial contractors or for municipal construction. Regardless of the particular construction services you need, there are general contractors in Orlando FL who can perform the kind of construction you want done.
Some General Contractors in Orlando FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these general building contractors in Orlando: Fitzgerald Construction LLC, DG General Contracting, JM Thompson Construction Inc, Edwards Construction, Savitara General Contractors, Strong General Contractors, CEC General Contractors Inc, Hensel Phelps Construction Co, Franklin Bay General Contractor Inc. Other construction firms, home builders and general contractors in Orlando FL that might still be in business include: .
When you talk with general contractors in Orlando, explain what type of construction you need. Be consistent so each of the construction companies can submit an estimate based on the same information.
Step 2: Ask Questions and Take Notes
Before you create a list of possible general contractors for your construction project, ask them some important questions about their technical abilities, experience, and the specifics of your construction project. When the general contractors ask you questions, take notes on their concerns. They may reveal some aspects of the construction that are new to you.
Ask the general contractors the following questions about their experience, abilities, and methods:
• How long have they been builders in Orlando FL specifically?
• How many other projects have they done that are like yours? (Custom home building versus commercial building, etc.)
• Will the general contractor give you names and numbers of cusomters that you can call as references? (All general contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had customers references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long will it take them to prepare a written bid once they conduct the estimate?
• Will they show you proof of workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All general contractors in Orlando FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the general contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All builders in Orlando FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire legally documented workers.)
• How do they determine pricing? For example is it T&M (time and materials) or a flat price and how are cost overruns handled?
• Will they give you a written contract that details the exact brands of products, model numbers, materials and amounts to be used? Neglecting to show those in writing is a way that seemingly cheap contractors unrealistically underbid others to get your project. Either you're getting poor materials that look bad or will fail. or you request better materials once the job is underway and the cost goes up accordingly.
• What type of written guarantee does each of the construction companies provide and what are the terms?
• Will construction permits be needed? If so, will the general contractors be responsible for getting those or do they leave that to you? Failure to get permits is another way cheap contractors in Orlando are able to underbid legitimate ones. Unfortunately unpermitted work can stop you from selling the property and even make you liable you to big fines and repair costs to get it to code.
• Will they be bringing in subcontractors for your project and if so, what are those company names?
• How often and when will they clean up the work site?
When you've chosen the best contractors in Orlando FL for your specific needs, make sure they are registered with the state of Florida. (All general contractors in Orlando FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Associations & Licensing for General Contractors in Orlando FL
ABC Associated Builders and Contractors www.abc.org
AGC Association of General Contractors Greater Florida www.agcgreaterflorida.build
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.assaonline.com
FHBA Florida Home Builders Association www.fhba.com
FHCA Florida Hispanic Construction Association www.flhca.org
General Building Contractors Media &Web Resources
Building Design and Construction
Connecticut Builder Magazine
Environmental Design and Construction Magazine
Florida Construction News www.floridaconstructionnews.com
Florida Home Builder Magazine http://fhba.com/florida-home-builder-magazine/
Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
Homebuilding Florida Design
Home & Design
New Old House
Old House Journal
This Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 General Contractors in Orlando FL within the following zip codes:
32801, 32818, 32812, 32839, 34778, 32856, 32821, 32836, 32777, 32794, 34734, 32822, 32816, 32808, 32854, 32862, 32789, 32703, 32819, 32793, 32807, 32833, 32805, 32804, 32803, 32869, 32790, 32814, 32878, 32861, 32817, 32867, 32704, 32792, 32820, 32768, 32859, 32857, 32825, 34761, 34786, 32831, 32826, 34787, 32853, 32802, 32830, 32837, 32751, 32712, 32860, 32798, 34760, 32827, 32809, 32872, 32835, 32824, 32709, 32829, 32832, 32828, 32858, 32868, 32811, 32877, 32806 and 32810
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Construction Companies in Orlando FL within the following cities:
Lockhart, University, Goldenrod, Doctor Phillips, Belle Isle, Ocoee, Pine Hills, Bithlo, Bay Hill, Pine Castle, Fairview Shores, Orlovista, Wedgefield, South Apopka, Alafaya, Lake Butler, Union Park, Meadow Woods, Maitland, Isleworth, Azalea Park, Rio Pinar, Horizon West, Southchase, Winter Park, Conway, Sky Lake, Winter Garden, Apopka, Williamsburg, Hunters Creek, Oak Ridge and Orlando