The Best Painting Companies in Orlando FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Painting contractors in Orlando FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the painters proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency, reliability and value, have liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who have agreed to hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as commercial painters or house painters in Orlando FL, including interior painters and exterior painters.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Covert Painting Inc|
3258 Yothers Rd
Apopka, FL 32712
Areas Served: Orange County FL,Alafaya Florida,Orlando FL,Apopka FL,Pine Hills FL,Winter Garden FL
Services: good painting company & house painters for interior painting, exterior painting
|Bryan A Wagner Painting|
2040 Votaw Rd
Apopka, FL 32703
Areas Served: Alafaya Florida,Orlando FL,Orange County Florida,Pine Hills FL,Ocoee FL,Apopka FL
Services: painting & repainting, commercial painters, residential painters, home painting
|Saxonis Custom Painting Inc|
447 Lake Howell Rd
Maitland, FL 32751
Areas Served: Maitland Fl,Orlando FL,Southchase FL,Alafaya FL,Oak Ridge FL,Pine Hills,Orange County
Services: house painting, decorative painting, commercial painters, residential painters
|Besner Painting Inc|
4409 Hoffner Ave # 407
Belle Isle, FL 32812
Areas Served: Apopka FL,Orange County Florida,Ocoee FL,Orlando FL,Pine Hills FL,Alafaya FL,Maitland
Services: house painters & residential painting contractors for interior house painting
|Florida Painting of Orlando|
5651 Commerce Dr # 1
Orlando, FL 32839
Areas Served: Orange County Florida,Orlando FL,Alafaya FL,Pine Hills FL,Apopka FL,Ocoee FL,
Services: local painters for residential painting, commercial painting, house painters
|Dewey Painting Co Inc|
3717 Quando Dr
Belle Isle, FL 32812
Areas Served: Orange County FL,University FL,Orlando FL,Winter Garden FL,Pine Hills FL,Alafaya FL
Services: painting contractors, color consultants, custom painting, faux finish painting
|Universal Painting & Coating|
1420 29th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Areas Served: Orange County Florida,Orlando FL,Apopka FL,Pine Hills FL,Ocoee FL,Pine Hills FL,
Services: painting contractors, residential painters, house painters, commercial painters
|Orange County Painting Co|
625 Boy Scout Blvd
Apopka, FL 32712
Areas Served: Orlando Florida,Orange County FL,Winter Garden FL,University FL,Alafaya FL
Services: painting company for interior & exterior painting for homes, apartments, condos
|West Painting Inc|
104 N Wymore Rd
Winter Park, FL 32789
Areas Served: Orange County FL,Winter Park FL,Orlando FL,Meadow Woods FL,Winter Garden,Alafaya FL
Services: painting contractors & house painters, residential painters, commercial painters,
The state of Florida doesn't require painting contractors in Orlando FL to have any state license, so there is no state standard for competancy among painting companies.
So there is no guarantee that any particular commercial or house painter in Orlando FL is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all commercial painters and house painters in Orlando FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as research phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, proof of liability insurance and workers comp insurance for your protection, good complaint record, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Things To Look For with Painters in Orlando FL
Preparation Work Should Be Done By The Painter
Preparing the surface that's to be painted (prep work) is critical because a poorly prepared surface won't hold paint properly no matter how good the paint is or how well it's applied. The best painting companies in Orlando will do thorough prep work. Preparing the surface can include pressure washing, possibly with a product that kills fungus and mildew, hand scraping surfaces, sanding, filling holes with caulk or epoxy filler, treating rusty nails, and removing wood rot. And prep work is labor time so the cheap painters in Orlando often promote cut-rate pricing because unknown to you, they're not preparing the surface like they should, and this can mean the paint begins to flake and chip within months, or comes off the next time your home or building is power washed.
Price quotes from painting companies in Orlando can differ and one reason might be the paint they're planning to use because paint costs can vary widely from $12 to $45 per gallon. And it's not just about the brand. Every brand, even the best ones, have starter grades that aren't meant to last as long. In fact, the starter grade of a high quality brand will not perform as well as a higher grade paint within a less expensive brand. These cheap paints can fade noticably in as little as a few months.
The best painting companies in Orlando will specify in writing the
3) Product number
Getting that information allows you to see why price quotes might differ. Also, some painting contractors water down the paint in order to use less of it. It's another way that cheap painters in Orlando can appear like a bargain when they really aren't. So make sure the written bid includes the number of gallons to be used, and if it seems low compared to someone else, be sure to ask why.
The type of paint to be used also influences price quotes. Flat finish paints may be water based, where semi-gloss can be oil-based or latex-based paints. Oil-based is considered more durable so the job will last longer but latex will hold its sheen better. If you have a preference, make sure the painting company has experience with it, since some new painters have never worked with oil-based paints. Many painting companies in Orange County CA have experience working with organic paints, no-VOC and low-VOC paints (Volatile Organic Compounds). These options can cost a little more but some consumers prefer these paints as more environmentally friendly, or better for interior painting since they can have less of a smell with less off-gassing of chemical components. Other options include elastomeric paint, which boasts increased durability and flexibility, and water repellent finishes, which last longer in outdoor environments.
Many painting companies in Orlando use only brushes and rollers, insisting that this traditional method means a longer lasting paint job because the paint adheres to the surface more completely, and allows for better detail work. Other painting companies use airless sprayers, a modern method that can cut the time it takes to paint. Some painting contractors might use a combination, starting with airless sprayers and then going over it with brushes and rollers.
The best painters in Orlando will have seen different designs and color combinations over hundreds of previous painting jobs that they can share with you. They may also know what color combinations are among the latest trends in painting. Some painting companies in Orlando provide virtual computer color consultation so you can really see the potential result of your choices. These devices have virtually eliminated the guesswork involved in optimizing your new color scheme.
If you have custom colors done, ask the painting contractors to provide you with a custom color card with actual samples of the paint that was used as a record for the future, including what brand and the exact mix formula. Then if you need touch ups in the future, you'll know the exact match for your existing paint.
The owner of the painting company is a state-licensed painting contractor and may have years of industry experience, but what about the crew who will actually be doing the painting? The best painting companies use experienced, long-term employees and journeyman painters who know how to apply paint in a way that lasts for many years. Cheap painting companies often hire day laborers off the street with dubious levels of experience and whom the painting contractor doesn't even really know.
Faux Painting in Orlando (Including Faux Finishing / Decorative Painting in Orlando)
Faux painting or faux finishing are terms used for a wide variety of decorative painting techniques. Sometimes the intent is for the painted surface to look like some other material such as marble (faux marble) or wood grain (faux wood). Decorative painters in Orlando are also who to call if you're looking for muralists (mural painters). These faux painters in Orlando can paint scenic murals, or ones that create an optical illusion (trompe l'oeil) such as painting the illusion of three-dimensional depth on that flat wall or ceiling.
Some painting contractors do offer faux painting services or decorative painting services in addition to their house painting. A company that is decorative painting or faux finish painting only, need not be a licensed painting contractor. However, all decorative painters in Orlando FL recommended by The Prime Buyer's Report still needed to show our research staff proof of general liability insurance, and if they have employees, proof of worker's comp insurance as protection for you.
Faux painting is more than just faux finishes and decorative finishes. Decorative painters in Orlando can create texturing effects too. Sponge painting (or ‘sponging') is one commonly used method of adding texture to fresh paint.
The cost of faux finishing & decorative painters in Orlando varies greatly depending on the skill and experience of the faux painters, the type of faux finish desired and on the complexity of decorative painting effects. Many good decorative painters in Orlando will want to see the space to get decorative painting treatment, in order to give you a detailed estimate for the faux finishing or decorative painting you desire.
Some Painters in Orlando FL Are A Much Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these painters in Orlando FL: Bryan A Wagner Painting, Covert Painting Inc, Orange County Painting Co, Saxonis Custom Painting Inc, West Painting Inc, Universal Painting & Coating, Besner Painting Inc, Dewey Painting Co Inc, Florida Painting of Orlando. Other painting contractors in Orlando FL who might still be in business include: .
Before you hire painters, ask the following questions about their process, experience and qualifications:
• How long have the painting contractors been house painters or commercial painters in Orlando? (This is key because different places have varied rainfall, sunlight exposure, salt water spray, which can all affect choices in types of paint, amounts, or methods and substantial experience in your geographical area specifically means a greater chance they will be familiar with these aspects.)
• How many clients have the painting companies serviced in Orlando?
• Can the painting companies give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All painting contractors in Orlando FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How much experience do they have in the same kind of project as yours, such as same size of job, interiors versus exterior painting, residential versus commercial painting?
• How do they determine pricing?
• What application method will they be using, sprayers or brushes and rollers, and why?
• Can the painters vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All painting companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Do the commercial or residential painting contractors in Orlando have active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All painting companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to our research staff.)
• Will the painting contractors provide written estimates and if so, will it detail the exact brand of paint, grade of paint within that brand, number of gallons to be applied, and number of coats to be applied, allowing you to make accurate comparisons among bids? For the same purpose, will it specify how many hours of prep work will be done, what tasks are included in that prep work, i.e. sanding, filling small holes, removing rot, etc.?
• Do they give a written guarantee on their work, (aside from any manufacturer guarantees) and if so, what does it cover and for how long and can you see a copy?
• If the existing paint contains lead as is typical with paint applied many years ago, is the painting contractor EPA Lead Safe Certified for safe removal of the old paint and will they be following the required protocols to ensure your safety and avoid causing you legal liabilities from improper removal of lead paint?
• Do they do all of the work with their employees or do they hire subcontractors or anything? If so, what are the names of those subcontractors so you can research them?
• How long should it take to finish the painting once they begin?
• Are there any measures you should take before the painters show up (moving furniture, covering valuables, patching nail holes, etc.), or will the painting contractors provide such services?
• Does the owner personally hire and train their painting crew and how long have they worked for the company?
• How and when do the painting contractors clean up the job site?
• Will you have access to your home while the painters are working?
• Is the individual you're speaking to prior to signing a contract (and who might be making promises) the same one doing or managing the project, or will it be handed off to someone else and if so, who?
• Will they provide a written contract and will it detail the amount of paint to be used, the brand, the grade, the product number, the number of coats, and the number of hours to be spent preparing the surface?
When you've chosen the best painters in Orlando FL for your specific needs, make sure they are licensed in good standing by the state of Florida or by Orlando. (All painting companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their county or state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Trade Organizations Related to Painting in Orlando FL
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com)
FCA Finishing Contractors Association (www.finishingcontractors.org)
MPDA Master Painters and Decorators Association (www.mpda.net)
MPI Master Painters Institute (http://www.mpi.net/)
NAPP National Alliance of Professional Painters (www.thenapp.com)
NPCA National Paint and Coatings Association (www.paint.org)
PDCA Painting and Decorating Contractors of America (http://www.pdca.org/)
Florida PDCA www.floridapdca.com
IDAL (International Decorative Artisans League) www.decorativeartisans.org
Painting and Decorating Media & Web Resources
The Faux Finisher Magazine
Painting and Wallcovering Magazine
Faux Effects World Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Painting Contractors in Orlando FL within the following zip codes:
32839, 32828, 34734, 32703, 32810, 32809, 32807, 32806, 32861, 32777, 32802, 32803, 32811, 32835, 34778, 32805, 32751, 32814, 32853, 32709, 32831, 32877, 32836, 32794, 32878, 32832, 32790, 32798, 32859, 32822, 32868, 32812, 32801, 32854, 32872, 32821, 32830, 32837, 32768, 32857, 32867, 32827, 32824, 32817, 32818, 32862, 32833, 32789, 34760, 32869, 34786, 32829, 34787, 32816, 34761, 32819, 32820, 32858, 32804, 32808, 32704, 32826, 32793, 32825, 32792, 32860, 32856 and 32712
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Painting Companies in Orlando FL within the following cities:
Williamsburg, Winter Garden, Fairview Shores, Hunters Creek, South Apopka, Apopka, Alafaya, Pine Castle, Orlando, Maitland, Conway, Azalea Park, Sky Lake, Orlovista, Doctor Phillips, Union Park, Southchase, Oak Ridge, Bithlo, Winter Park, University, Ocoee, Meadow Woods, Belle Isle, Isleworth, Horizon West, Goldenrod, Pine Hills, Bay Hill, Rio Pinar, Lockhart, Lake Butler and Wedgefield