The Best Roofers in Orlando FL Are the Ones Verified as Safe To Hire
Roofing contractors in Orlando FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones that have exceeded the minimum Florida regulatory requirement. They are the roofers proven through our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, have liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as roofers in Orlando FL for new roofing, re-roofing, re-shingling, or roofing repair.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Orange County Roofing Co|
19867 Old Lake Pickett Rd
Orlando, FL 32820
Areas Served: Orange County FL,University FL,Orlando FL,Winter Garden FL,Pine Hills FL,Alafaya FL
Services: residential roofing contractors,commercial roofing contractors,all roofing materials
|Sunshine Roofing Inc|
1405 Oak St
Ocoee, FL 34761
Areas Served: Southchase FL,Oak Ridge FL,Meadow Woods FL,Winter Park FL,University FL,Orange County
Services: new roofing, roof repair,roofing services incl. regular roof maintenance services
|Universal Roofing & Construction|
5655 Carder Rd
Orlando, FL 32810
Areas Served: Orlando Florida,Orange County FL,Winter Garden FL,University FL,Alafaya FL
Services: residential roofing,commercial roofing,steel roofing,copper roofing,leak repair
|Sisson Roofing-Central Florida|
666 California Ave
Ocoee, FL 34761
Areas Served: Orange County Florida,Orlando FL,Alafaya FL,Pine Hills FL,Apopka FL,Ocoee FL,
Services: new roofing, roof repair, roof inspection, gutters & downspouts
|Dimensional Roof Systems|
4225 Daubert St
Orlando, FL 32803
Areas Served: Winter Garden FL,Orange County Florida,Orlando FL,Apopka FL,Alafaya FL,Pine Hills FL
Services: roofing contractors for new roofing, roof repairs, re-roofing, new permanent roof
|Engelmeier Roofing & Sheetmetal|
4800 Wofford Ln
Orlando, FL 32810
Areas Served: Orange County FL,Alafaya Florida,Orlando FL,Apopka FL,Pine Hills FL,Winter Garden FL
Services: roofers for roof maintenace,roof repair services,shake roof conversions
|Hodges Brothers Roofing|
1201 W Amelia St
Orlando, FL 32805
Areas Served: Alafaya Florida,Orlando FL,Orange County Florida,Pine Hills FL,Ocoee FL,Apopka FL
Services: roofing contractors & roofers for roof repair, re-roofing, new roof building
|Florida Universal Roofing Inc|
1808 Acme St
Orlando, FL 32805
Areas Served: Apopka FL,Orange County Florida,Ocoee FL,Orlando FL,Pine Hills FL,Alafaya FL,Maitland
Services: roof repair & new roof incl. slate roof,shingle roof,metal roofing
The state of Florida requires that companies doing roofing in Orlando FL be licensed as roofing contractors by the state, which requires a minimum amount of experience and passing a proficiency exam.
But the state license for roofers is no guarantee that any particular roofing contractor in Orlando FL is doing business ethically, providing real value, and satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for roofing in Orlando FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, verified liability and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Roofing Contractors in Orlando FL Perform Numerous Services
Roofing contractors install new roofs, but their experience with certain tasks and materials can vary. for instance, pitched roofs require a greater level of skill to install or repair. Most roofing companies in Orlando also perform regular roof maintenance or roof repairs, including foam recoats and shake roof conversions. Some roofing contractors in Orlando do emergency roofing repairs in the event of a roof leak, often with 24 hour availability. In addition to installation and roof repair for roof coatings and coverings, some roofers install downspouts and gutters (even seamless gutters). Some of the best roofing contractors in Orlando use manufacturer certified technicians to install, repair or refurbish your roof, so you can expect a greater level of workmanship and better manufacturer warranties on their work.
Roofing Contractors in Orlando FL Offer Many Parts and Roofing Materials
There is such a wide variety of roofing materials and styles and each roofing material has its own benefits. Choices include shake roofs or imitation shake roofs, wood shingle roofs, cedar shingle roofs, clay tile roofs, slate roofs or even concrete tile roofs.
There are roofing companies in Orlando FL who specialize in metal roofs. They can fix or recoat steel roofing, steel roof shingles, stone coated steel roofing, aluminum roofing, insulated aluminum roofing, corrugated metal roofing, copper roofing, or zinc roofing. Some local roofing contractors can rejuvenate an aging roof and take preventative measures to avoid future roof problems. They might use adhesive methods or modified bitumen to lay down new fire resistant roofing, or may apply elastomeric coatings or polyurethane foam for protection against the elements. In addition to basic roof coverings, some roofing contractors apply hot tar, tar and gravel, or install custom roof edging.
There are also some new products available for the eco-minded homeowner. Instead of wooden roof shingles, roofers might substitute composite roofing or energy efficient roofing. Some roofers in Orlando even have access to ventilation products to insert into your preexisting roof.
There are three main roof types based on their slope or pitch: High Slope, Low Slope, and Flat.
High Slope Roof: Over five inches of vertical rise for every 12 horizontal inches
Low Slope Roof: Two inches to five inches of vertical rise for every 12 horizontal inches
Flat Roof: Less than two inches vertical rise for every 12 horizontal inches
The components of a roofing system are: Structural Support, Roof Sheathing, Underlayment, Flashing, and Roofing Material.
Structural Support: Rafters, trusses or joists that support the roofing system.
Roof Sheathing: What immediately covers the structural support. This is most commonly plywood or OSB (Oriented Strand Board).
Underlayment: A moisture barrier immediately on top of the roof sheathing. Sometimes called roof felt.
Flashing: Where the roof surface meets vertical surfaces (like a chimney) or at valleys created where adjoining roof sections of different angles meet, a metallic flashing is installed.
Roofing Material: The topmost layer of the roof which you can see, such as shingles, tile, etc.
Asphalt Shingles, or alternatively, Fiberlass Shingles
Rolled Roofing / Built Up Roofing: Used for flat roofs or very low slope roofs.
Foam Roofing / Polyurethane Roofing: Used for flat roofs as an alternative to Rolled Roofing or Built Up Roofing
Tar & Gravel
Reflective Lightweight Rocks
Clay Tile / Concrete Tile
Water Shields for Roofing
A roofing water shield looks very similar to the traditional felt paper used to line roofs but is higher performance. Felt paper stops most leaks where water gets under the tiles or shingles but sometimes still lets leaks form by letting water through where one sheet of felt paper overlaps another or where nails have created holes in the felt paper.
The water shield roofing material is made of a rubberized asphalt with a sticky backing that seals overlaps unlike felt paper, and forms a seal around nails when it is penetrated. Roofers in Orlando can cover your entire roof with the water shield, or apply it only where leaks frequently happen. The roofing contractors can also bend the water shield to create a leak-proof barrier around anything that penetrates a roof, such as vents, chimneys, and skylights, then use standard roof flashings to cover the ice and water shield sub-flashing.
Some Roofers in Orlando FL Are Safer To Spend With Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these roofing contractors in Orlando FL: Dimensional Roof Systems, Florida Universal Roofing Inc, Hodges Brothers Roofing, Engelmeier Roofing & Sheetmetal, Universal Roofing & Construction, Orange County Roofing Co, Sisson Roofing-Central Florida, Sunshine Roofing Inc. Other roofing contractors in Orlando FL who might still be in business include: Rizzo Roofing LLC. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Roofing Companies in Orlando? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
• How long have they been in business as roofers in Orlando? This indicates how well they know the local city ordinances, codes, and permit requirements for your area.
• How many roofs have they done specifically in Orlando? This indicates how well they know the performance of different materials and installation methods in your particular climate, rainfall and wind patterns.
• How many roofs have they done of the same type as yours, i.e. same materials: clay tile versus asphalt shingle, same type: flat versus high slope, and same scope: repair only versus tear-off and reroof versus new roofing, etc.
• Can the roofing company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All roofing contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What is the projected time frame for completion of the new roof installation or roof repair?
• Does the roofing contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All roofers in Orlando bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How will the roofing companies calculate pricing for new roofs or roof repairs?
• Will they provide a written estimate that specifices the exact amount of material to be used, including sizes, brand names, product numbers etc? (This is key because the cheapest roofing companies often only seem cheaper because they are quoting inferior materials or low quality brands compared to other roofers.)
• Will the roofing contractors provide a written contract?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will they be responsible for getting them or will that be up to you?
• Can the roofing contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All roofing companies in Orlando bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How often and when do they clean up?
• What is the manufacturer's warranty on the roofing system or material the contractor is suggesting?
• What kind of warranties and guarantees on their labor do they offer besides the manufacturer warranty on the roofing materials, and can you see a copy?
• Do they offer multiple types of roofing materials and brands, or are they restricted to quoting one manufacturer?
• For new roofing or re-roofing, does their quote include replacing the flashings around chimneys and vents? Not doing so is one way that cheap roofing companies merely appear cheap.
• What type of wood will be used on your roof and in what thickness? For example, using cheap plywood made from pine which is suseptible to warping is another way cheap roofers merely appear cheaper, as opposed to using plywood made from stronger Douglas fir.
• Will they being using nails (proper) or instead using staples (cheaper and faster for them but lacks holding power and can invalidate a manufacturer's warranty)?
When you've chosen the best roofing contractor in Orlando FL for your specific needs, make sure they are licensed with a state or county license for roofing contractors. (All roofing companies in Orlando FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Roofers in Orlando FL
FRSA Florida's Assocation of Roofing Professionals www.floridaroof.com
NRCA National Roofing Contractors Association - http://www.nrca.net/
SRCA Slate Roofing Contractors Association - http://www.slateroofers.org/
TRI Tile Roofing Institute - http://www.tileroofing.org/
Media & Web Resources for Roofing in Orlando FL
Professional Roofing Magazine
Roofing RSI Magazine
Roofing Contractor Magazine
Traditional Roofing Magazine
Florida Roofing Magazine www.floridaroof.com/florida-roofing-magazine/
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Roofing Contractors in Orlando FL within the following zip codes:
32703, 32836, 32820, 32802, 32824, 32790, 32807, 32839, 32817, 32794, 32801, 32812, 32709, 32835, 32859, 32819, 32806, 32809, 32793, 32837, 32822, 32704, 32828, 32768, 32867, 32832, 34786, 34761, 32868, 32825, 32808, 32803, 32821, 32811, 32854, 32798, 32826, 32857, 32830, 32792, 32810, 32751, 32860, 32712, 32818, 32804, 34787, 34760, 32805, 32858, 32816, 32814, 32869, 32789, 32872, 34778, 32833, 32827, 34734, 32862, 32831, 32877, 32878, 32829, 32853, 32861, 32777 and 32856
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Roofers in Orlando FL within the following cities:
Sky Lake, Fairview Shores, Isleworth, Rio Pinar, Williamsburg, Azalea Park, Lockhart, Southchase, Maitland, Goldenrod, Alafaya, Bay Hill, Hunters Creek, Horizon West, Orlando, Doctor Phillips, Union Park, Ocoee, South Apopka, Bithlo, Oak Ridge, Winter Garden, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, Apopka, Conway, Belle Isle, Lake Butler, University, Orlovista, Wedgefield, Winter Park and Pine Castle