The Best Funeral Services in Pinellas County FL Are the Ones Verified As Safe To Spend With
Funeral services in Pinellas County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the funeral homes that have exceeded the minimum Florida regulatory requirement. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for professionalism and ethics, carry liability insurance as protection for you the client, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them for funeral services in Pinellas County FL, including cremation services, funeral homes, memorial services, interment, pre-need funeral planning, mortuaries, cemeteries, and more.
Updated January 4, 2017
|Memorial Park Funeral Home|
5750 49th St N
St Petersburg, FL 33709
Areas Served: Safety Harbor,Seminole,St Petersburg,Lealman,Tarpon Springs,Pinellas County Florida
Services: funeral providers & funeral pre-need sales incl caskets,headstones,cemetary plots
|Anderson McQueen Funeral Home|
2201 Dr Martin Luther King Jr
St Petersburg, FL 33704
Areas Served: Pinellas County,St Petersburg FL,Clearwater FL,Largo FL,Boca Ciega,Palm Harbor,
Services: funeral services, memorial services,funeral planners,cremation services
|Reese Funeral Home|
6767 Seminole Blvd
Seminole, FL 33772
Areas Served: Seminole,Pinellas County,Clearwater FL,St Petersburg,Palm Harbor,East Lake FL
Services: local funeral services, pre-need funeral sales incl. headstones, caskets,plots
112 S Bayview Blvd
Oldsmar, FL 34677
Areas Served: Pinellas County,Seminole FL,St Petersburg,Lealman,Clearwater,Tarpon Springs,Largo
Services: funeral directors for memorial services, cremation,pre-need funeral arrangements
|Hubbell Funeral Home & Crematory|
499 Indian Rocks Rd N
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33770
Areas Served: St Petersburg FL,Largo,Clearwater,Palm Harbor,Boca Ciega,East Lake,Pinellas Park FL
Services: local funeral home & funeral directors for services incl. cremation,memorial services
|Moss-Feaster Funeral Homes|
1320 Main St
Dunedin, FL 34698
Areas Served: Pinellas County,Boca Ciega,St Petersburg,Palm Harbor,Dunedin,Clearwater Florida
Services: funeral home, funeral services, funeral directors, cremation care, funeral pre-needs
The state of Florida requires providers of cremation services and funeral services in Pinellas County FL to be licensed through the Florida DFS Division of Funeral, Cemetery and Consumer Services which requires mandated courses and annual inspections.
But the state license is no guarantee that any particular cremation service or funeral home in Pinellas County FL is doing business ethically, providing value, or satisfying their clients.
That makes it all the more significant that all cremation services and funeral homes in Pinellas County FL that bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction with their funeral or cremation services, good complaint record, verified liability insurance, verified state license, best business practices, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Cremation Services in Pinellas County FL
Cremation is gaining an increasing percentage of services arranged with funeral providers since many feel cremation in Pinellas County FL to be simpler, requiring fewer decisions and more affordable than burial. Cremation in Pinellas County FL can follow a funeral service or take place prior to a memorial service. Families can choose whether to have a traditional casket service prior to cremation. In contrast, a family might want to have cremation performed then have a memorial service at which the urn is displayed, often accompanies by a photo and flowers.
After the funeral and cremation services, funeral providers can scatter the remains, place the urn in a cemetary or return the cremains.
Funeral Homes in Pinellas County FL Perform a Variety of Services
There is much to consider when choosing between funeral homes in Pinellas County FL including for funeral services, memorial services, interment, and cremation in Pinellas County FL Depending on how large or small of a service you are seeking, the choices and prices can vary widely. Planning a funeral or memorial service requires coordinating myriad services, filling out paperwork, contacting friends and family, scheduling, gathering of relevant and necessary documents and more, all while in the process of grieving.
To avoid having to make difficult decisions during a time of great stress and emotion, many are now pre-planning memorial services. Some funeral homes in Pinellas County FL offer discounts or locked-in prices for making and paying for funeral arrangements ahead of time. Should you choose this, it's a good idea to review your decisions every few years and revise them accordingly.
Rules for Funerals in Pinellas County FL
While most funeral directors and/or funeral providers have the best interests of their clients in mind, others inflate prices or push unwanted services on their clients during their time of need. There is a federal law, known as the funeral rule, that helps prevent this. Among other things, the funeral rule states that:
• You have the right to choose the funeral goods and services you want (with some exceptions).
• Funeral providers in Pinellas County must state this in writing on the general price list.
• If state or local law requires you to buy any particular item, funeral homes must disclose this on the price list, with a reference to the specific law.
• Federal law requires funeral establishments to quote prices over the phone and to give you a General Price List (GPL) and a Casket Price List (CPL) when you ask in person about arrangements and prices.
• Funeral establishments are legally required to give you an itemized statement of your choices in funeral arrangement, including estimates for costs that are unknown at the time. The statement must also show charges for outside vendors arranged by the funeral provider such as music, flowers, newspaper notices, fees to clergy, etc
• Funeral providers may not refuse to handle a casket you built or bought elsewhere or charge fees to do so.
• The law does not require the purchase of a casket before cremation. Funeral providers that offer cremations must make a combustible cremation container available.
• Funeral providers may not provide embalming services without permission.
• Funeral providers may not falsely state that embalming is required by law.
• Funeral providers must disclose in writing that embalming is not required by law, except in certain, special cases.
• Funeral homes in Pinellas County may not charge a fee for unauthorized embalming unless embalming is required by state law.
• Funeral providers must disclose in writing that you usually have the right to choose a disposition, such as direct cremation or immediate burial, that does not require embalming if you do not want this service.
• Funeral homes in Pinellas County must disclose in writing that some funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing, may make embalming a practical necessity and, if so, a required purchase.
• Funeral providers in Pinellas County must not tell you that state or local law requires a casket for direct cremations, because none do.
• Funeral homes must disclose in writing your right to buy an unfinished wood box or an alternative container for a direct cremation.
• Retail casket sellers are not allowed to arrange funerals or cremations or perform any other functions requiring a license as a funeral establishment.
• State or local law does not require you to buy a container to surround the casket in the grave. However, many cemeteries require that you have such a container so that the grave will not sink in. Either a grave liner or a burial vault will satisfy these requirements.
Some Funeral Services in Pinellas County FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these funeral homes in Pinellas County FL: Anderson McQueen Funeral Home, Memorial Park Funeral Home, Hubbell Funeral Home & Crematory, Reese Funeral Home, Ambassador Mortuary, Moss-Feaster Funeral Homes. Other funeral homes and funeral providers in Pinellas County FL that might still be in business include: .
Ask these questions of cremation services or funeral homes in Pinellas County FL regarding their range of services, prices, and procedures.
Know What You're Looking for from Funeral Homes in Pinellas County FL
Hopefully, when you find yourself needing the services of a funeral home, you will have some idea of what you are looking for. Do you want the funeral home to handle paperwork and other arrangements? Do you want an expensive casket or something budget-concious? Do you want burial or cremations? Some funeral homes specialize in different aspects of funeral services. Some offer alternative choices such as scattering the remains in unique places or ways. Some offer "green" funerals in which the remains are not embalmed and are buried in caskets that biodegrade quickly.
Use the list of questions below to help narrow your search.
• How long have the funeral directors been in the funeral home / undertaking business?
• What are the funeral homes' fees, broken down by individual services?
• Can the funeral homes provide forms for a newspaper obituary?
• Can the funeral homes provide a viewing without embalming?
• Do the funeral homes provide funeral services such as flowers, clergy, music, catering, etc.?
• What are your options at the funeral homes regarding cremation, burial and final disposition?
• If the body is donated to science, will the funeral homes still provide funeral services?
• Who does the embalming at the mortuary?
• How long after death is embalming necessary and can the funeral homes guarantee they'll be available?
• Is an obituary in the newspaper required?
• What are your options regarding time of service at each of the funeral homes and mortuaries?
• Do the funeral directors have suggestions for personalizing the funeral services?
• Can the funeral homes help with social security or veteran's death benefits?
• Will the funeral homes allow you to maike payment installments to pay for the funeral services?
It's very important that you work with a funeral home that you feel you can trust and makes you feel comfortable. Consider your first impression, beginning with the first phone call. Was your initial impression that you were dealing with competent professionals? Did you feel respected and accommodated? If you were offered a consultation, did you feel at-ease with the funeral director/provider? Were you able to speak freely with him or her?
First Impression of Funeral Homes
Good funeral providers will listen carefully to what you're saying and will ask relevant questions. If the employees at the funeral homes seem to only want to get you in the door, or try to make you sign an agreement without hearing something about your needs, choose someone else. You are not obligated to hire the first funeral providers you talk to.
When you've selected what seems to be the most suitable funeral homes for you, make sure they are properly licensed by the Florida Board of Funeral Directors & Embalmers (All funeral services in Pinellas County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations For Funeral Homes in Pinellas County FL
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
Funeral Consumers Alliance www.funerals.org
CANA Cremation Association of North America www.cremationassociation.org
Florida Cremation Society www.florida-cremation-society.com
FCCFA Florida Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association www.thefccfa.com
Florida Morticians Association www.floridamorticians.org
Florida Department of Funeral and Cemetery Services www.myfloridacfo.com
IFDF Independent Funeral Directors of Florida www.ifdf.org
ICCFA International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association www.iccfa.org
NFDA National Funeral Directors Association www.nfda.org/resources
National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association www.nfdma.com
Federal Trade Commission Facts for Consumers www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/services/funeral.shtm
Magazines & Publications Relevant to Funeral Homes in Pinellas County FL
International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association Magazine www.iccfa.com/publications/iccfa-magazine/iccfa-magazine
Funeral Business Advisor www.funeralbusinessadvisor.com
American Funeral Director www.americanfuneraldirector.com
Official Publication of the National Funeral Directors Association nfda.org/nfda-publications/the-director.html
Mortuary Management www.mortuarymanagement.com
Funeral Business Advisor www.funeralbusinessadvisor.com
Funeral Home & Cemetery Directory www.nomispublications.com
Cremationist Magazine www.cremationassociation.org/?page=CremationistMagazine
American Cemetery & Cremation Magazine www.mortuarymall.com/American-Cemetery-Magazine-p/ns-kb-ac.htm
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Funeral Homes in Pinellas County FL within the following zip codes:
33756, 33778, 33770, 33711, 33771, 34690, 33731, 33744, 34684, 33785, 33708, 34682, 33712, 34688, 33710, 34683, 33784, 33701, 34681, 33772, 33716, 33776, 33767, 33732, 33738, 34698, 33777, 34685, 33773, 33706, 33743, 33704, 34695, 33713, 33760, 33733, 33742, 33780, 33775, 33764, 33761, 33757, 33702, 34691, 33766, 33758, 33763, 33703, 33715, 33741, 33705, 34697, 33734, 33774, 33762, 33782, 33707, 33786, 33709, 34677, 33759, 33755, 34689, 33714, 33779, 33736, 33765, 33781 and 34660
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Funeral Services in Pinellas County FL within the following cities:
Largo, Bardmoor, West Lealman, St Pete Beach, Pinellas Park, Treasure Island, St Petersburg, Indian Rocks Beach, South Highpoint, Clearwater, Madeira Beach, Tarpon Springs, Boca Ciega, East Lake, Gulfport, Kenneth City, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Lealman and Seminole