The Best Construction Companies in Seminole County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
General contractors in Seminole County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the construction companies that have exceeded the minimum Florida state requirements. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as residential or commercial builders in Seminole County FL, including new custom home builders.
Updated November 4, 2016
|Jim Macon Building Contractor Inc|
662 Highland Dr
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Areas Served: Seminole County,Wekiwa Springs,Sanford Florida,Altamonte Springs,Oviedo Florida
Services: construction company for new construction, custom home building
|Mark Construction Co|
421 Gold Medal Ct
Longwood, FL 32750
Areas Served: Oviedo FL,Seminole County,Winter Springs FL,Sanford FL,Casselberry,Altamonte Springs
Services: general construction, building permits, new home builders, commercial construction
|RW Jones Construction Inc|
2463 Fort Lane Rd
Geneva, FL 32732
Areas Served: Seminole County,Sanford FL,Altamonte Springs FL,Oviedo FL,Winter Springs FL,Longwood
Services: general contractors & construction company for new construction & building
|J&F Quality Construction|
253 Plaza Dr # D
Oviedo, FL 32765
Areas Served: Altamonte Springs,Seminole County,Oviedo FL,Sanford FL,Winter Springs FL,Forest City
Services: general contractors, new home builders, commercial construction building
|Cointec General Contractors|
1686 Shadowmoss Cir
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Areas Served: Sanford Florida,Seminole County,Altamonte Springs FL,Winter Springs FL,Oviedo Florida
Services: custom home builders, residential construction company, commercial building
|Esprit General Contractors|
719 Florida Blvd
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Areas Served: Casselberry,Winter Springs FL,Oviedo FL,Altamonte Springs,Sanford FL,Seminole County
Services: residential construction, commercial construction, municipal construction
926 Chokecherry Ct
Winter Springs, FL 32708
Areas Served: Altamonte Springs FL,Sanford Florida,Seminole County,Oviedo FL,Casselberry FL,Geneva
Services: local general contractors for residential construction, commercial construction
|M Paul General Contractors|
140 Alexandria Blvd # E
Oviedo, FL 32765
Areas Served: Seminole County,Altamonte Springs,Sanford FL,Casselberry FL,Oviedo FL,Winter Springs
Services: construction company for custom homes, commercial building, construction permits
The state of Florida requires general contractors in Seminole County FL to be licensed by the state, which requires a minimum amount of experience, and passing a proficiency exam.
But the state license is no guarantee that any particular custom home builder or general contractor in Seminole County FL is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all residential or commercial construction companies in Seminole County FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, verified liability and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Not all general contractors in Seminole County can be equally experienced in every specialized area of construction. So find general contractors in Seminole County FL based on the specific type of work you need done. Some general contractors specialize as custom home builders in Seminole County FL, as design/build contractors, as commercial contractors or for municipal construction. Regardless of the particular construction services you need, there are general contractors in Seminole County FL who can perform the kind of construction you want done.
Some General Contractors in Seminole County FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these general building contractors in Seminole County: Jim Macon Building Contractor Inc, Esprit General Contractors, WCI Construction, RW Jones Construction Inc, Cointec General Contractors, Mark Construction Co, J&F Quality Construction, M Paul General Contractors. Other construction firms, home builders and general contractors in Seminole County FL that might still be in business include: .
When you talk with general contractors in Seminole County, explain what type of construction you need. Be consistent so each of the construction companies can submit an estimate based on the same information.
Step 2: Ask Questions and Take Notes
Before you create a list of possible general contractors for your construction project, ask them some important questions about their technical abilities, experience, and the specifics of your construction project. When the general contractors ask you questions, take notes on their concerns. They may reveal some aspects of the construction that are new to you.
Ask the general contractors the following questions about their experience, abilities, and methods:
• How long have they been builders in Seminole County FL specifically?
• How many other projects have they done that are like yours? (Custom home building versus commercial building, etc.)
• Will the general contractor give you names and numbers of cusomters that you can call as references? (All general contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had customers references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long will it take them to prepare a written bid once they conduct the estimate?
• Will they show you proof of workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All general contractors in Seminole County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the general contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All builders in Seminole County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire legally documented workers.)
• How do they determine pricing? For example is it T&M (time and materials) or a flat price and how are cost overruns handled?
• Will they give you a written contract that details the exact brands of products, model numbers, materials and amounts to be used? Neglecting to show those in writing is a way that seemingly cheap contractors unrealistically underbid others to get your project. Either you're getting poor materials that look bad or will fail. or you request better materials once the job is underway and the cost goes up accordingly.
• What type of written guarantee does each of the construction companies provide and what are the terms?
• Will construction permits be needed? If so, will the general contractors be responsible for getting those or do they leave that to you? Failure to get permits is another way cheap contractors in Seminole County are able to underbid legitimate ones. Unfortunately unpermitted work can stop you from selling the property and even make you liable you to big fines and repair costs to get it to code.
• Will they be bringing in subcontractors for your project and if so, what are those company names?
• How often and when will they clean up the work site?
When you've chosen the best contractors in Seminole County FL for your specific needs, make sure they are registered with the state of Florida. (All general contractors in Seminole County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Associations & Licensing for General Contractors in Seminole County FL
ABC Associated Builders and Contractors www.abc.org
AGC Association of General Contractors Greater Florida www.agcgreaterflorida.build
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.assaonline.com
FHBA Florida Home Builders Association www.fhba.com
FHCA Florida Hispanic Construction Association www.flhca.org
General Building Contractors Media &Web Resources
Building Design and Construction
Connecticut Builder Magazine
Environmental Design and Construction Magazine
Florida Construction News www.floridaconstructionnews.com
Florida Home Builder Magazine http://fhba.com/florida-home-builder-magazine/
Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
Homebuilding Florida Design
Home & Design
New Old House
Old House Journal
This Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 General Contractors in Seminole County FL within the following zip codes:
32718, 32750, 32714, 32715, 32751, 32766, 32752, 32762, 32730, 32779, 32719, 32747, 32795, 32733, 32771, 32701, 32746, 32707, 32708, 32732, 32773, 32765, 32791, 32716 and 32772
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Construction Companies in Seminole County FL within the following cities:
Midway, Chuluota, Altamonte Springs, Black Hammock, Wekiwa Springs, Heathrow, Longwood, Winter Springs, Oviedo, Sanford, Forest City, Casselberry, Fern Park, Geneva, Lake Mary and Springs