The Best Fire & Water Damage Contractors in Atlanta GA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Fire and water damage restoration contractors in Atlanta GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the fire/water damage repair services that have exceeded the minimum Georgia regulatory standard. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, have liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for fire and water damage repair or clean up in Atlanta GA, including smoke odor removal, flood damage clean up and more.
Updated April 14, 2017
|Georgia Water Extraction Inc|
1891 Mcfarland Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Areas Served: Atlanta & Fulton County,Roswell GA,Alpharetta GA,Sandy Springs GA,Johns Creek GA
Services: disaster loss management incl. smoke damage, water damage, fire damage recovery
|Prestige Restoration Service|
5890 Gateway Dr # A
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Areas Served: Fulton County,Milton GA,East Point GA,Atlanta GA,Alpharetta GA,Johns Creek GA
Services: disaster recovery, fire damage repair, flood damage clean up, smoke damage repair
|Dry-Rite Water Damage Specialists|
PO Box 421971
Atlanta, GA 30342
Areas Served: Johns Creek GA,East Point GA,Milton GA,Atlanta GA,Roswell GA,Alpharetta GA,Fairburn
Services: fire & water damage contractors for disaster recovery, disaster cleaning
|North Ridge Restoration|
4240 Trotters Way
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Areas Served: East Point GA,Alpharetta GA,Atlanta GA,Sandy Springs GA,Johns Creek GA,Roswell GA
Services: emergency clean up services, disaster clean up & repair incl. water damage
10945 State Bridge Rd #401-341
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Areas Served: Atlanta Georgia & Fulton County,Union City,Alpharetta,Johns Creek,Sandy Springs GA
Services: flood damage, fire damage, water damage restoration, disaster clean up
3535 Peachtree Rd NE # 520
Atlanta, GA 30326
Areas Served: Union City GA, Atlanta GA,College Park GA,Milton GA,Sandy Springs GA,East Point GA
Services: water damage clean up, fire damage repair, smoke damage restoration & cleaning
|Paul Davis Restoration|
415 Arbor Creek Overlook
Roswell, GA 30076
Areas Served: Roswell GA,Sandy Springs GA,Atlanta GA,Johns Creek GA,East Point GA,Fulton County GA
Services: fire damage, water damage, smoke damage repair services, disaster recovery
The state of Georgia legally requires water and fire damage restoration contractors in Atlanta GA to be licensed by the state in order to do the repair and restoration work, which requires a minimum of two years industry experience, though not specific to fire water damage repair. Fire water damage clean up services in Atlanta GA that are doing cleaning only, without repairing or removing structural elements do not need that state license.
But even the state license is no guarantee that any particular contractor for fire water damage restoration in Atlanta GA is even competent, is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for fire water damage in Atlanta GA that bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Fire Damage / Water Damage Contractors in Atlanta GA Perform Numerous Services
After a fire or flood it might seem like your home has suffered irreparable damage, but there are professionals who devote themselves to these kinds of tasks. Fire / water damage cleanup services in Atlanta GA perform disaster loss management services exclusively and some of them provide immediate response for 24 hour emergency fire & water damage cleanup in Atlanta GA.
Fire and water damage restoration in Atlanta GA is a highly specialized process for which regular contractors are not equipped. Some fire & water damage restoration contractors in Atlanta GA perform content restoration, biohazard remediation, or structure restoration in both residential and commercial buildings. Many of these fire & water damage repair services in Atlanta GA are available for emergencies, which means they can begin work within 24 hours of the damaging event. They can initially assess the damage with leak pinpointing, thermal investigations, or allergen and indoor air testing.
As far as damage control capabilities, fire damage / water damage contractors in Atlanta GA can do smoke damage repair, soot removal, carpet drying, deodorizing, and stain removal. As part of this they might also do upholstery cleaning, wood floor drying, disinfecting, water extraction, rapid structural drying, and odor removal.
Some might perform related services such as trauma crime scene cleanup or sewage spill clean up services, with the disinfecting required in both instances.
Some of the services for fire and water damage clean up in Atlanta GA are IICRC or WLI certified in comprehensive fire and water damage cleanup including cleaning drapery, black water, flood damage, or damage from vandalization. In addition to the standard cleaning procedures, some fire and water damage contractors offer services to ease your transition in the aftermath of the disaster recovery, such as insurance claim processing, moving and storage, fine art restoration, document drying, book drying, electronics drying, carpet re-stretching and repair, burn repair, and repainting.
Fire and Water Damage Contractors in Atlanta GA Use State-of-the-Art Technology to Rectify Problems
Fire and water damage contractors can efficiently repair damage caused by a flood or fire with specially high powered specialty equipment. They assess the situation with thermal detectors or infrared technology, they can use dehumidifiers to dry out flooded areas, flood pumpers, dry foggers, disinfectants, antimicrobials, or ozone generators. Certain contractors go beyond simple cleaning procedures to protect damaged areas from future deterioration by applying DuPont, Teflon, or Scotchguard products.
Some Fire and Water Damage Contractors in Atlanta GA Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these fire and water damage contractors in Atlanta GA: North Ridge Restoration, Prestige Restoration Service, Georgia Water Extraction Inc, Reliable Restorations, Paul Davis Restoration, Premier Drying, Dry-Rite Water Damage Specialists. Other companies for fire & water damage repair and clean up in Atlanta GA that might still be in business include: .
Step 1: Describe the Fire or Water Damage
With each contractor, explain the details of the damage that occurred. Be consistent in the way that you describe the situation so that each fire and water damage contractor will have an opportunity to bid on the same job specifications. Know ahead of time if you seek only fire & water damage clean up services or if you require actual construction services like for complete fire & water damage structural restoration, often referred to in this industry as "build-back".
Step 2: Answer Questions & Take Notes of the Fire & Water Damage Clean Up Companies
Allow the fire and water damage contractors the opportunity to ask about the features of your job and pay attention to the points that he may have. How detailed are his questions? Does he seem adequately knowledgeable about the issues that need attention?
Step 3: Ask Questions & Take Notes of all Fire & Water Damage Restoration Contractors
Pose any questions you may have for the potential fire & water damage contractors. Take notes on the answers to questions as well as your impression of the interview. Remember, you will see better results if you can comfortably and openly deal with the contractors. Afterward, look at all the notes that you took before and during the question and answer session and use them to update information you already had for each fire and water damage contractor. The following list of questions will help guide your evaluation.
• How long have the fire & water damage contractors been in business in Atlanta GA?
• Do they offer only fire & water damage clean up (like water removal) or are they also a construction company prepared to do fire & water damage repair and structural restoration, often referred to in this industry as "build back"?
• How many jobs have those fire and water damage contractors completed in Atlanta GA specifically?
• Do the fire & water damage contractors specialize in the type of damage repair services you've described to them?
• What additional services might they provide? Examples include coordinating with your insurance company, insurance claim processing, fine art repair, book drying, etc.
• Do the fire or water damage repair services have references you can contact? (All fire & water damage restoration companies in [:county GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customers references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What will the timing be on bidding and completing the fire & water damage repair?
• Will they show you copies of their liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance? (All disaster recovery services in Atlanta GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the fire damage / water damage repair contractors provide a detailed estimate in writing?
• Do the fire or water damage construction companies have any industry certifications and if so, what did they do to obtain them?
• Can they prove to you that all their employees are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All damage restoration companies in Atlanta GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will you be required to relocate while the fire & water damage repair contractor is working on your site?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the fire & water damage repair company get them, or do they expect you to do so?
• Does the fire & water damage repair company actually do all the work itself, or do they hire out to subcontractors?
• If they DO use subcontractors, will they collect and give you a lien release from each subcontractor as assurance for you that those subcontractors will not file a lien on your property for any claims against the fire & water damage restoration company, such as if they are not paid on time?
• What kind of warranty do each of the water & fire damage contractors offer?
• Will the fire/water damage repair services provide you with a written contract?
• What methods or special equipment do they use for moisture detection and drying and other technology specific to fire & water damage clean up?
When you've chosen the best fire water damage repair contractors in Atlanta GA for your specific needs make sure they are licensed by the state of Georgia if they are doing removal or repair of structural elements, since that's required by law. Companies doing only disaster clean-up need no such registration. (All damage restoration contractors in Atlanta GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Associations & Licensing Relevant to Fire & Water Damage Clean-up, Repair, Restoration in Atlanta GA
AIHA American Industrial Hygiene Association www.aiha.org
ASCR Association of Specialists in Cleaning and Restoration www.ascr.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CDC Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov
CUCI Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning Institute www.ascr.org/institutes/cuci
DRI Disaster Recovery Institute www.drii.org
DRCA Disaster Recovery Contractors Association www.drca.dphen3.com
Georgia Emergency Management Agency www.gema.ga.gov
Georgia Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance www.portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/georgia/library/disasterrelief
Georgia Consumer Protection www.consumer.georgia.gov
IAQA Indoor Air Quality Association www.iaqa.org
IDRA International Disaster Recovery Association www.idra.com
IICRC Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification www.iicrc.org
NAFA National Air Filtration Association www.nafahq.org
NIDR National Institute of Disaster Restoration www.ascr.org/institutes/nidr
RIA Restoration Industry Association www.restorationindustry.org
WLI Water Loss Institute www.ascr.org/institutes/wli
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Fire and Water Damage Contractors in Atlanta GA
Cleaning and Restoration Magazine
Industrial Fire World Magazine
Insurance Journal: The Property Casualty Magazine
International Fire Protection Magazine
Waste Age Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire / Water Damage Contractors in Atlanta GA within the following zip codes:
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire / Water Damage Restoration in Atlanta GA within the following areas:
Union City, Johns Creek, Milton, Palmetto, Chattahoochee Hills, East Point, Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Hapeville, Sandtown, Fairburn, College Park, Alpharetta and Roswell