The Best Sign Companies in Atlanta GA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Sign makers and sign contractors in Atlanta GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for safety and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as sign contractors in Atlanta GA, including custom sign makers for new sign fabrication, as sign erectors, or sign repair and maintenance, and including sandblasted signs, subdivision signs, neon signs, electric signs, vehicle wraps, vehicle graphics, vinyl banners, vehicle lettering, and more.
Updated February 3, 2017
|Priority 1 Signs|
Areas Served: All of Georgia, incl. Fulton County & Atlanta GA
Services: state-of-the-art factory taking orders nationally,ships nationwide, with network of ...
1820 Grassland Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Areas Served: Fulton County,Alpharetta GA,Atlanta GA,Johns Creek GA,Union City GA,Fairburn GA
Services: sign contractors for new signs,neon signs,electric signs,sign erectors,sign cleaning
|Georgia Sign Co|
2036 N Druid Hills Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Areas Served: East Point GA,Alpharetta GA,Atlanta GA,Sandy Springs GA,Johns Creek GA,Roswell GA
Services: local sign company for new signage,sign installers,channel letter signs
112 Mauldin Dr
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Areas Served: Alpharetta GA,Atlanta GA,Johns Creek GA,Sandy Springs GA,Johns Creek GA,Roswell GA
Services: custom signage,LED message boards,pole signs,monument signs,pylon signs
|Sign Here Signs|
1110 Alpharetta St
Roswell, GA 30075
Areas Served: Union City GA, Atlanta GA,College Park GA,Milton GA,Sandy Springs GA,East Point GA
Services: neon signs,pylon signs,pole signs,monument signs,digital signs,LED message boards
|ASI Signage Innovations|
621 North Ave NE # D100
Atlanta, GA 30308
Areas Served: Atlanta GA,College Park GA,Sandy Springs GA,Union City GA,Roswell GA,Milton GA
Services: custom sign makers, sign installers, sign maintenance, sign repair services
|Mark III Signs Inc|
2084 Faulkner Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Areas Served: Fulton County GA, Atlanta GA,Sandy Springs GA,Roswell GA,Johns Creek GA,Alpharetta GA
Services: sign erectors & sign makers,commercial signage,retail signs
Georgia does not require any state license of sign contractors in Atlanta GA and so there's no state standard for competency, with the exception of electric sign contractors who do require a state license. Without state license oversight there is no mechanism to first require proof from sign installers of worker's comp insurance or liability insurance and both are critical to you. If an employee of theirs were injured on your property and the sign company doesn't have workers' comp, you will be held liable. Similarly if any accidental damage occurs to your property and the sign company doesn't have liability insurance, you will be on the hook for it.
So there's no guarantee that any particular sign company in Atlanta GA is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all sign companies in Atlanta GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff, and have had to pass all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state license (for electrical sign contractors), only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
In addition to being sign designers and sign installers, sign contractors also conduct site surveys in preparation for sign installations, and perform sign maintenance and repair like replacing missing sign letters, wiring repair for electrical signs including digital and LED signage, replacing neon bulbs, routine sign cleaning, and more.
Most sign makers in Atlanta GA do not need a state license either because they are sign makers only leaving the intallation to others, or they make and install items that don't require a licensed contractor such as vehicle lettering, vehicle wraps, vehicle graphics, vinyl banners, real estate signs, trade show signs and trade shows displays, window graphics, magnetic signs, gold leaf window letter and more.
The best sign companies in Atlanta GA will make the time to find out your intended results and advise you on sign options you might not have been aware of for everything from vinyl banners and vehicle wraps to building signs, yard signs, magnetic signs, tradeshow signs for tradeshow displays, real estate signs, church signs, vehicle graphics and car wraps, business signs, coroplast signs, decals, interior signs, glass etched signs, sandblasted subdivision signs and more. Those with experience will know what has worked for previous customers seeking to accomplish the same thing you are, and this advice can save you money and/or boost your results significantly.
Some sign companies in Atlanta GA are also dealers of trophies, plaques and do the engraving for those, and other promotional items including silk screened shirts. Most also print name badges, name plates, color badges, indentification badges, and more.
Some Sign Companies in Atlanta GA Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these companies for signs in Atlanta GA: Priority 1 Signs, Neon Design, Tag Signs, Sign Here Signs, ASI Signage Innovations, Mark III Signs Inc, Georgia Sign Co, RC Signs, West Sign Co. Other companies repairing, fabricating, or erecting signs in Atlanta GA who might still be in business include: .
When choosing which sign maker or sign installer to hire, ask the right questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials:.
Questions For Makers of Signs in Atlanta GA:
• Are they a genuine sign company or are they merely a sign broker?
• Do they offer sign design? If so, what is their design background, education, or qualifications?
• Are they sign makers, or sign installers, or both? If both, are they doing the installation themselves or they are subcontracting it out to a sign contractor and if so, which one?
• Will the sign company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All sign companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they offer a written guarantee on their work and for how long? Is there a written warranty on the sign itself whether or not they are the sign manufacturer?
• How many signs do they do each year that are the same kind as yours? There can be a difference in the experience required to do proper sign design or sign installation between different types of signage, such as neon signs versus pole signs, electrical signs versus monument signs, pylon signs versus channel letter signs, etc.
• Can they do computer design visuals of your specific property so you can see how different options in new signage would look before making a decision among all the options of sign type, size, color, etc.?
• After you explain what you want, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose in quality or durability? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• Will they give you a detailed bid in writing for the new signage including the exact materials used to make your sign (type and amount of paint, thickness of metal) construction method, fastening method, etc? This is important. A cheap sign company may only appear less expensive because they've left out important details from the bid, preventing you from seeing that you're getting much less than what another sign company has quoted.
• If you're getting a bid for an electric sign including neon signs or LED signs, can they help you estimate your monthly or annual energy cost to run it? Can they help you compare the energy costs among different options in electric signs?
• In the case of signs requiring metal work, will the letters be welded together or merely screwed, stapled or pop-riveted? Welding gives better structural integrity and some cities in Atlanta or landlords may require welded sign letters.
Questions For Installers of Signs in Atlanta GA: • Do they offer ongoing sign maintenance or sign repair services for the new signage after installation?
• What permits for the signage will be required for your area of Atlanta? Will they be pulling the necessary permits or do they expect you to do that? If they will, is that cost included in their price quote or is it extra and by how much?
• How many other signs have they installed in Atlanta? How many in your town? This can be an indication of how familiar they are, or not, with state, county, or city ordinances regarding signs.
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough sign survey of your property first?
• Can the sign contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All sign companies in Atlanta bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How well does the sign company know the installation crew coming to your property? Are they using trained, long term employees, or do they use temporary labor on a project-by-project basis? Remember, the owner of the sign company may be a licensed sign contractor but his employees probably aren't and employee abilities and degree of professionalism can vary widely.
• Does the sign contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All sign contractors in Atlanta bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Once you've got answers to these questions, you're ready to review their bid. Price should rarely be the determining factor since cheap signs in Atlanta usually aren't the best signs and it can cost you more to repair or replace than if you chose the best sign company to begin with.
When you've chosen the best sign company in Atlanta for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a Georgia state license if they are doing an electrical signs for you. (All sign companies in Atlanta bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license for electric signs verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Examples of Types of Signs:
Pylon Signs / Pole Signs: Freestanding signs supported by posts or a single pylon that allow the sign to reach a height that can be seen at great distance. Sometimes also referred to as highway signs or roadside signs.
Monument Signs: Freestanding signs close to the ground, usually as a single rectangular block of substantial width, sometimes on a pedestal. Monument signs are often made of stone, brick, or metal.
Neon Signs: A glass tube that has been bent into a series of letters or an image, which is filled with neon gas which glows when charged with an electric current. The glass tubes of neon signs are still largely shaped by hand by neon glass tube artists.
Bench Signs: Signs for public seating such as on bus stop benches or park benches.
Cabinet Signs: Signs designed as a box, often for the purpose of housing lights behind the front face to illuminate it. Lights are most often fluorescent tubes or LEDs
Channel Letter Signs: Signs with three dimensional letters, often hollow for the placement of lighting inside that makes the letters glow.
Reverse Channel Letter Signs are those with the lighting placed behind the letters to create a halo effect. Channel Letter Signs can also be non-illuminated.
Dimensional Letters: Letters that are taller than the surface of the sign to create dimension, sometimes using flat cutout letters made of plastic or metal.
Engraved Signs: The letters are carved out of the surface of the sign, or alternatively, the surface is cut away from the letters leaving them raised from the surface.
Projecting Signs: Building-mounted signs that stick out perpendicular to the face of the building so that it can be read by people approaching the address from the street, often double-faced signs so that they can be read from either direction.
Sandblasted Signs: Signs most often made of wood, or HDU (high density urethane) which can even be given a simulated wood grain. The text or image to be displayed is laid on the base material, and then all the base material around it is blasted away by sand, leaving the text or image as a raised relief.
Sidewalk Signs / Sandwich Signs: A kind of portable sign often made as a folding/unfolding A-frame that can stand independently and be easily moved.
The following is a list of trade associations relevant to signage in Atlanta GA:
ISA (International Sign Association)
NASSD (National Association of Sign Supply Distributors)
SSSA (Southern States Sign Association)
USSC (United States Sign Council)
The following are publications relevant to signage in Atlanta GA
SignWeb - The Signmakers' Resource
Sign Builder Illustrated
Sign & Digital Graphics Trade Magazine
If you are looking for sign makers or sign installers, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signage in Atlanta GA within the following zip codes:
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signs in Atlanta GA within the following cities:
Roswell, Chattahoochee Hills, Palmetto, Atlanta, East Point, Sandy Springs, Hapeville, Sandtown, Union City, College Park, Fairburn, Milton, Johns Creek and Alpharetta
Sign Companies Alpharetta GA
Alpharetta Printing & Signs Alpharetta GA 30004-5200
Altair Sign & Light Alpharetta GA 30005-2270
Apex Signs & Graphics Alpharetta GA 30009-2328
ASAP Signs & Banners Alpharetta GA 30028-0831
Atlanta Creative Graphics Signs Alpharetta GA 30004-3337
Awesome Signs & Graphics Alpharetta GA 30022-5523
Can AM Signs & Imaging Alpharetta GA 30005-2244
Expressive Signs & Designs Alpharetta GA 30022-4558
Federal Heath Sign Company Alpharetta GA 30022-1120
Graphic Xchange Sign Makers Alpharetta GA 30023-3895
Identities Custom Signs Alpharetta GA 30004-0721
Neon Design Neon Signs Alpharetta GA 30004-2932
RC Signs Alpharetta GA 30004-3377
Samuel K Faux Stained Glass Alpharetta GA 30005-3982
Signs By Design Alpharetta GA 30022-8053
Signs By Tomorrow Alpharetta GA 30005-4466
Tag Signs Alpharetta GA 30004-7709
Sign Companies Atlanta GA
2001 Art Studio Custom Signs Atlanta GA 30315-4335
A Better Design Signs Atlanta GA 30311-2823
About Signs Atlanta GA 30328-4116
Affordable Signs & Neon Signs Atlanta GA 30324-4274
AGI Graphics Sign Makers Atlanta GA 30336-1962
Alan's Signs Atlanta GA 30354-3304
American Signal Custom Signs Atlanta GA 30360-2745
APCO Graphics Sign Makers Atlanta GA 30312-2227
ASI Signage Innovations Atlanta GA 30308-2867
Atlanta Sign Service Atlanta GA 30336-2200
Atlanta Super Signs Atlanta GA 30342-2375
Beau Davis & Associates Sign Makers Atlanta GA 30329-3409
Briansigns Custom Signs Atlanta GA 30324-4926
CBS Outdoor Signs Atlanta GA 30331-1031
Custom Signs Today Atlanta GA 30305-2225
Customized Designs Sign Makers Atlanta GA 30318-6019
FASTSIGNS Atlanta GA 30308-2328
Georgia Sign Company Atlanta GA 30329-1809
Hello Sign Atlanta GA 30340-1587
IFO Graphics Signs Atlanta GA 30307-2596
JBP & Associates Signs Atlanta GA 30342-3355
Just Sign Here Custom Signs Atlanta GA 30318-2522
Kuick Arts Signs Atlanta GA 30360-2201
Mark III Signs Atlanta GA 30324-4225
Master Letters Sign Makers Atlanta GA 30341-1913
Metro Signs & Graphics Atlanta GA 30305-2269
Neon Co Neon Signs Atlanta GA 30307-2525
Rapid Sign Systems Atlanta GA 30324-5046
Sign Yes Atlanta GA 30341-3456
SIGNARAMA Atlanta GA 30305-1849
Signs & Personal Gifts Atlanta GA 30345-4203
Signs By Tomorrow Atlanta GA 30309-1106
Signs of Buckhead Atlanta GA 30309-1106
Signs Sell Atlanta GA 30350-1820
Sign-Tees Atlanta GA 30303-3013
Speedpro Imaging Custom Signs Atlanta GA 30312-2404
Star Sign Atlanta GA 30340-1016
Tony's Neon Signs Atlanta GA 30327-4027
Visual Signs Atlanta GA 30331-5469
Sign Companies College Park GA
Right Sales & Service Sign Makers College Park GA 30337-1425
Sign Companies East Point GA
G&H Graphics Custom Signs East Point GA 30290-0603
Sign Companies Fairburn GA
Dab Does Signs Fairburn GA 30213-1161
Sign Companies Roswell GA
Architectural Sign Systems Roswell GA 30075-3220
Atlanta Signs On Demand Roswell GA 30075-1500
FASTSIGNS Roswell GA 30076-4800
Naturecraft Signs Roswell GA 30075-1674
Sign Here Signs Roswell GA 30075-3604
SIGNARAMA Roswell GA 30076-8666
Superior Sign Service Roswell GA 30075-3745
West Sign Company Roswell GA 30075-4661
Sign Companies Sandy Springs GA
FASTSIGNS Sandy Springs GA 30328-3904
Sandy Springs Signs Sandy Springs GA 30328-3832