The Best Funeral Services in Will County IL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Spend With
Funeral services in Will County IL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the funeral homes that have exceeded the minimum Illinois regulatory requirement. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for professionalism and ethics, carry liability insurance as protection for you the client, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them for funeral services in Will County IL, including cremation services, funeral homes, memorial services, interment, pre-need funeral planning, mortuaries, cemeteries, and more.
Updated March 16, 2017
|Cremation Society of Joliet|
795 Forestwood Dr
Romeoville, IL 60446
Areas Served: Joliet IL,Will County IL,Plainfield IL,Romeoville IL,Crest Hill IL,Lockport IL
Services: funeral providers & funeral pre-need sales incl caskets,headstones,cemetary plots
|RW Patterson Funeral Homes Ltd|
401 E Main St
Braidwood, IL 60408
Areas Served: Will County Illinois,Romeoville IL,Joliet Illinois,Lockport IL,Homer Glen IL
Services: funeral directors for funeral services,funeral pre-need
|Anderson Memorial Chapel Inc|
606 Townhall Dr
Romeoville, IL 60446
Areas Served: Romeoville IL,Joliet Illinois,Plainfield IL,Shorewood IL,Will County IL,Frankfort IL
Services: funeral services, memorial services,funeral planners,cremation services
|Overman Jones Funeral Home|
15219 S Joliet Rd
Plainfield, IL 60544
Areas Served: Frankfort,Crest Hill,Lockport,Homer Glen,New Lenox,Plainfield,Romeoville,Joliet IL
Services: funeral home for funerals incl. pre-need services,caskets,cemetary plots
|Tezek Funeral Home|
1211 Plainfield Rd
Joliet, IL 60435
Areas Served: Will County IL,Joliet IL,Romeoville IL,Plainfield IL,New Lenox IL,Homer Glen IL
Services: funeral providers, cremation services, memorial services
|Goodale Memorial Chapel|
912 S Hamilton St
Lockport, IL 60441
Areas Served: Crest Hill IL,Will County,Homer Glen IL,Romeoville IL,New Lenox IL,Joliet IL
Services: funeral home, funeral services, funeral directors, cremation care, funeral pre-needs
The state of Illinois requires providers of cremation services and funeral services in Will County IL to be licensed through the State of Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation which requires an education in mortuary science, an internship under a licensed funeral director, and passing an exam.
But the state license is no guarantee that any particular cremation service or funeral home in Will County IL is doing business ethically, providing value, or satisfying their clients.
That makes it all the more significant that all cremation services and funeral homes in Will County IL that bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction with their funeral or cremation services, good complaint record, verified liability insurance, verified state license, best business practices, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Cremation Services in Will County IL
Cremation is gaining an increasing percentage of services arranged with funeral providers since many feel cremation in Will County IL to be simpler, requiring fewer decisions and more affordable than burial. Cremation in Will County IL can follow a funeral service or take place prior to a memorial service. Families can choose whether to have a traditional casket service prior to cremation. In contrast, a family might want to have cremation performed then have a memorial service at which the urn is displayed, often accompanies by a photo and flowers.
After the funeral and cremation services, funeral providers can scatter the remains, place the urn in a cemetary or return the cremains.
Funeral Homes in Will County IL Perform a Variety of Services
There is much to consider when choosing between funeral homes in Will County IL including for funeral services, memorial services, interment, and cremation in Will County IL Depending on how large or small of a service you are seeking, the choices and prices can vary widely. Planning a funeral or memorial service requires coordinating myriad services, filling out paperwork, contacting friends and family, scheduling, gathering of relevant and necessary documents and more, all while in the process of grieving.
To avoid having to make difficult decisions during a time of great stress and emotion, many are now pre-planning memorial services. Some funeral homes in Will County IL offer discounts or locked-in prices for making and paying for funeral arrangements ahead of time. Should you choose this, it's a good idea to review your decisions every few years and revise them accordingly.
Rules for Funerals in Will County IL
While most funeral directors and/or funeral providers have the best interests of their clients in mind, others inflate prices or push unwanted services on their clients during their time of need. There is a federal law, known as the funeral rule, that helps prevent this. Among other things, the funeral rule states that:
• You have the right to choose the funeral goods and services you want (with some exceptions).
• Funeral providers in Will County must state this in writing on the general price list.
• If state or local law requires you to buy any particular item, funeral homes must disclose this on the price list, with a reference to the specific law.
• Federal law requires funeral establishments to quote prices over the phone and to give you a General Price List (GPL) and a Casket Price List (CPL) when you ask in person about arrangements and prices.
• Funeral establishments are legally required to give you an itemized statement of your choices in funeral arrangement, including estimates for costs that are unknown at the time. The statement must also show charges for outside vendors arranged by the funeral provider such as music, flowers, newspaper notices, fees to clergy, etc
• Funeral providers may not refuse to handle a casket you built or bought elsewhere or charge fees to do so.
• The law does not require the purchase of a casket before cremation. Funeral providers that offer cremations must make a combustible cremation container available.
• Funeral providers may not provide embalming services without permission.
• Funeral providers may not falsely state that embalming is required by law.
• Funeral providers must disclose in writing that embalming is not required by law, except in certain, special cases.
• Funeral homes in Will County may not charge a fee for unauthorized embalming unless embalming is required by state law.
• Funeral providers must disclose in writing that you usually have the right to choose a disposition, such as direct cremation or immediate burial, that does not require embalming if you do not want this service.
• Funeral homes in Will County must disclose in writing that some funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing, may make embalming a practical necessity and, if so, a required purchase.
• Funeral providers in Will County must not tell you that state or local law requires a casket for direct cremations, because none do.
• Funeral homes must disclose in writing your right to buy an unfinished wood box or an alternative container for a direct cremation.
• Retail casket sellers are not allowed to arrange funerals or cremations or perform any other functions requiring a license as a funeral establishment.
• State or local law does not require you to buy a container to surround the casket in the grave. However, many cemeteries require that you have such a container so that the grave will not sink in. Either a grave liner or a burial vault will satisfy these requirements.
Some Funeral Services in Will County IL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these funeral homes in Will County IL: RW Patterson Funeral Homes Ltd, Tezek Funeral Home, Goodale Memorial Chapel, Anderson Memorial Chapel Inc, Cremation Society of Joliet, Overman Jones Funeral Home. Other funeral homes and funeral providers in Will County IL that might still be in business include: Fred C Dames Funeral Homes. Didn't find what you wanted with the TOP 10 Funeral Homes and Funeral Services in Will County? Then click here to see additional companies in this category.
Know What You're Looking for from Funeral Homes in Will County IL
Hopefully, when you find yourself needing the services of a funeral home, you will have some idea of what you are looking for. Do you want the funeral home to handle paperwork and other arrangements? Do you want an expensive casket or something more budget conscious? Do you want burial or cremation services? Some funeral homes specialize in different aspects of funeral services. Some offer alternative choices such as scattering the cremation remains in unique places or ways. Some offer "green" funerals in which the remains are not embalmed and are buried in caskets that biodegrade quickly.
• How long have the funeral directors been in the funeral home / undertaking business?
• What are the funeral homes' fees, broken down by individual services?
• Can the funeral homes provide forms for a newspaper obituary?
• Can the funeral homes provide a viewing without embalming?
• Is there a way the funeral home can prove that previous family members have been satisfied with their funeral services? (All funeral homes and cremation services in Will County [;stateabb] have already had client references verified for satisfaction by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do the funeral homes provide funeral services such as flowers, clergy, music, catering, etc.?
• What are your options at the funeral homes regarding cremation services, burial and final disposition?
• If the body is donated to science, will the funeral homes still provide funeral services?
• Who does the embalming at the mortuary?
• Will the funeral home show you proof of insurance which reimburses you in the event of any damages due to error? (All funeral homes and cremation services in Will County [;stateabb] have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long after death is embalming necessary and can the funeral homes guarantee they'll be available?
• Is an obituary in the newspaper required?
• What are your options regarding time of service at each of the funeral homes and mortuaries?
• Do the funeral directors have suggestions for personalizing the funeral services?
• Is there a way to substantially reduce the cost of the funeral services and if so, what would you be sacrificing as a result? Alternatively, is there an upgrade in the services possible for just a little bit more money?
• Can the funeral homes help with social security or veteran's death benefits?
• Will the funeral homes allow you to payments to pay for the funeral services?
Once you've chosen the best funeral providers in Will County IL for your particular needs, make sure they are licensed by the state since that's required by law. (All funeral homes and cremation services in Will County [;stateabb] have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations For Funeral Homes in Will County IL
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
Funeral Consumers Alliance www.funerals.org
CANA Cremation Association of North America www.cremationassociation.org
Cremation Society of Illinois www.cremation-society.com
IFDA Illinois Funeral Directors Association www.ifda.org
IFDF Independent Funeral Directors of Florida www.ifdf.org
ICCFA International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association www.iccfa.org
NFDA National Funeral Directors Association www.nfda.org/resources
National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association www.nfdma.com
NEIFDA Northeastern Illinois Funeral Directors Association www.facebook.com/NEIFDA
Federal Trade Commission Facts for Consumers www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/services/funeral.shtm
Magazines & Publications Relevant to Funeral Homes in Will County IL
International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association Magazine www.iccfa.com/publications/iccfa-magazine/iccfa-magazine
Funeral Business Advisor www.funeralbusinessadvisor.com
American Funeral Director www.americanfuneraldirector.com
Official Publication of the National Funeral Directors Association nfda.org/nfda-publications/the-director.html
Mortuary Management www.mortuarymanagement.com
Funeral Business Advisor www.funeralbusinessadvisor.com
Funeral Home & Cemetery Directory www.nomispublications.com
Cremationist Magazine www.cremationassociation.org/?page=CremationistMagazine
American Cemetery & Cremation Magazine www.mortuarymall.com/American-Cemetery-Magazine-p/ns-kb-ac.htm
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Funeral Homes in Will County IL within the following zip codes:
60440, 60441, 60408, 60410, 60585, 60403, 60449, 60481, 60433, 60432, 60442, 60431, 60421, 60484, 60404, 60451, 60407, 60436, 60446, 60434, 60435, 60423, 60544, 60448, 60586, 61107, 60491, 60401, 60417 and 60468
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Funeral Services in Will County IL within the following cities:
Lockport, Frankfort Square, Romeoville, Frankfort, Goodings Cove, New Lenox, Crest Hill, Channahon, Shorewood, Joliet, Homer Glen, Mokena and Plainfield