The Best Transmission Shops in Westchester County NY Are the Ones Proven Safe To HireTransmission shops in Westchester County NY bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those that have exceeded the minimum state requirements. They are the transmission repair services in Westchester County NY proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for value and honesty, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for transmissions in Westchester County NY, including new transmissions, transmission repair, clutch repair, differential repair, transmission rebuilds, and more.
Updated July 29, 2015
|Sleepy Hollow Transmissions|
281 N Broadway
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
Areas Served: White Plains NY,Westchester County NY,Mt Pleasant NY,Yonkers NY,Mt Vernon NY,Ossining
Services: continuously variable transmissions, dual-clutch transmissions, manual transmissions
|A & A Transmission Inc|
Thornwood, NY 10594
Areas Served: Westchester County NY,Ossining NY,Yonkers NY,Scarsdale NY,Greenburgh NY,New Rochelle
Services: transmission rebuilders, transmission repair shop, new transmissions
148 Oak St
Yonkers, NY 10701
Areas Served: White Plains New York,Greenburgh NY,Yorktown NY,Yonkers NY,Westchester County NY
Services: transmission repair shop, transmission filters,torque converters,transmission rebuild
1 River St
Elmsford, NY 10523
Areas Served: Rye NY,Mt Pleasant NY,Mt Vernon NY,Ossining NY,Cortlandt NY,Westchester County NY
Services: transmission shop, manual transmissions, automatic transmissions, clutch repair
645 Center Ave
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Areas Served: Westchester County New York,Yonkers NY,New Rochelle NY,White Plains NY,Cortlandt NY
Services: transmission sales, transmission repair, new clutches, clutch repair
320 Boston Post Rd
Port Chester, NY 10573
Areas Served: Westchester County NY,Mamaroneck NY,Greenburgh NY,Peekskill NY,Yonkers NY,Eastchester
Services: transmission repair services, manual transmissions, automatic transmissions, clutches
|Solutions Auto Repair & Transmission|
138 Nepperhan Ave
Yonkers, NY 10701
Areas Served: New Rochelle NY,Westchester County NY,Rye NY,Yonkers NY,Ossining,Greenburgh NY,Pelham
Services: transmission replacement, transmission repair, clutch repair, clutch replacement
|Phils Transmission Inc|
253 E 3rd St
Mt Vernon, NY 10553
Areas Served: Yonkers New York,Westchester County NY,New Rochelle NY,White Plains NY,Cortlandt NY
Services: transmission repair, new transmissions, clutch repair, differential repair
New York requires only that transmission shops in Westchester County NY be registered with the state Department of Motor Vehicles, which does not require proof of liability insurance that protects your property while in their care, and does not include any kind of exam or test of ability in transmissions or shop inspection, so there is no state standard for competency among transmission repair services.
So the state registration is no guarantee that any particular transmission repair shop in Westchester County NY is even competent, is doing business ethically, providing value, or satisfying their customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all services for transmissions in Westchester County NY that bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction with their transmission services, good complaint record, verified liability insurance, verified state registration, sufficient length of time in business, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
The state law mandates certain practices among transmission shops in Westchester County NY which are as follows:
• Upon the request of any customer make an estimate in writing of the parts and labor necessary for each specific repair or service offered and shall not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate without the consent of such customer.
• The transmission shops are allowed to charge a reasonable fee for making an estimate. The estimate shall contain the following information: the customer's name, the name and facility number of the transmission shop, the date of the estimate, a list of parts necessary for each specific repair together with the costs for each part, indicating any parts which are not new parts of at least original equipment quality, the labor charge for each repair together with the costs of each labor charge, year and make of vehicle, registration plate number or vehicle identification number, a description of the problem reported by the customer, and a statement informing the customer of his right to receive replaced parts if the customer makes a written request for such return.
• Not perform any services not authorized by the customer by a work order. If a transmission shop prepares a written work order, a copy shall be given to the customer. If a written work order is prepared by the customer, such work order shall be attached to the invoice. If the customer gives an oral work order, the oral work order shall be noted on the invoice and shall include the date, time and manner of authorization and by whom such authorization was given
• Provide the customer with an invoice. An invoice shall contain the following information: the name, address and facility number of the transmission repair shop, the date of the invoice, the date the vehicle was presented to the transmission shop for service, a list of all parts supplied and labor performed, including the cost for each such part and labor, a notation indicating the status of any part used which is not new and of at least original quality (i.e. used, rebuilt, etc.), the odometer reading at the time it was left with the transmssion service and the odometer reading at the time the invoice was prepared, a promised date of delivery, if any such date was given, the name of the customer, year, make, and plate number and/or vehicle identification number of the vehicle, the terms and time limit of any guarantee for the transmission repair services performed, a description of the problem reported by the customer, and the state registration number of the transmission shop.
• Return replaced parts if a timely written demand is made by the customer. If work is authorized over the telephone, it shall be presumed that the customer wants his parts returned and the transmission shop shall keep such parts until the customer or his agent appears to retrieve the vehicle at which time the replaced parts shall be given to the customer if he so directs. Customers may not waive their rights to replaced parts over the telephone.
• If the transmission shop holds your vehicle to satisfy a lien for repairs you failed to pay, then upon request of the customer, the shop must return the registration number plates to the customer, or, within 24 hours of the request, personally deliver or mail by special delivery first class mail to the nearest motor vehicle office the registration number plates and a notice that the vehicle is being held to satisfy a lien for auto repair services.