The Best Architects in Albany County NY Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Architects in Albany County NY bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those architectural firms that have exceeded the minimum New York regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency, results and lasting value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the client, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them as architects in Albany County NY, including residential and commercial architects, traditional architects, contemporary or modern architects, and LEED AP architects.
Updated July 30, 2019
The Best Architects in Albany County NY Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of New York requires architects in Albany County NY to be licensed by the New York State Board for Architecture, which requires one of a varying minimum combination of education and prior experience.
But that is no guarantee that any particular architect in Albany County NY is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying their clients. Likewise, there is no legal requirement that architects in Albany County show as a license requirement any proof of professional liability insurance to reimburse you for loss due to error or negligence.
This makes it all the more significant that all architects in Albany County NY who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction, verified state license, good complaint record, verified liability insurance, sufficient time in business, best business practices, and more.
Questions to Ask Architects in Albany County NY
Step 1: Describe Your Needs to the Architects
Explain to the architects your ideas for your building design as well as the purpose and how you will be using it. Be consistent in the way that you present the information so each of the architects are allowed to respond to the same information.
Step 2: Answer Questions of the Architects in Albany County NY & Take Notes
So that they can better personalize your project for you, architects should have a long list of questions about the intended purposes of the structure, applicable working or living habits, accessibility preferences, and more. Part of an architect's job is to create the perfect blend of your needs, style preferences, and building code. This question and answer session will reveal the architects' ability to do so.
Step 3: Ask the Architects Questions & Take Notes
Ask these questions about their abilities, background, methods and expertise:
• How long have they been architects in Albany County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique soil conditions, weather, sunlight exposure, etc that should effect design choices. The length of experience doing projects in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many projects have they done in your city specifically? (Different cities have different codes that must be met, and different processes for plan approval. Previous experience getting plans approved by your local city shows their familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many other projects have they done that are like yours? (Custom homes versus commercial, traditional versus modern architecture, green architecture, etc.)
• What is their educational background?
• Do they have a specialty that makes them especially unique or valuable?
• Can the architects give you names and numbers of clients that you can call as references? (All architects bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How is their fee structured?
• How long would you have to wait long before they can complete your design plans?
• Do they carry professional liability insurance that can reimburse you in the event of an error? (All architects in Albany County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Who at their firm will actually be doing your design work? (The principal architect might have impressive credentials but will they be passing your project to less experienced junior staff or draftsmen?)
• What permits will be needed? If so, will the architects be responsible for getting those permits? (Unpermitted work can prevent you from selling the property and even subject you to hefty fines and repair fees to get it to code.)
• Do they only provide the design plans or do they offer to oversee the project from start to finish?
When you've chosen the best architects in Albany County NY for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by the state since it's required by law. (All architects in Albany County NY bearing the Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Architects in Albany County NY
Architects Associations & Licensing Relevant to Architects in Albany County NY
ACSA Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture www.acsa-arch.org
ADDA American Design Drafting Association www.adda.org
AIA American Institute of Architects www.aia.org
AIA-CNJ American Institute of Architects Central NJ www.aia-cnj.org
AIA-NJ American Institute of Architects www.aianjconvention.com
AIAS American Institute of Architecture Students www.aias.org
AIBD American Institute of Building Design www.aibd.org
ALNJ Architects League New Jersey www.alnnj.org
APA American Planning Association www.planning.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
FFDI Foundation for Design Integrity www.ffdi.org
NAAB National Architectural Accrediting Board www.naab.org
New Jersey School of Architecture www.architecture.njit.edu
New Jersey State Board of Architects www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/arch/
NIST National Institute of Standards and Technology www.nist.gov
Royal Institute of Architects-USA www.members.riba.org
SARA Society of America Registered Architects www.sara-national.org
SBIC Sustainable Building Industry Council www.sbicouncil.org
ULI Urban Land Institute www.uli.org
USGBC United States Green Building Council www.usgbc.org
Media & Web Resources for Architects in Albany County NY
Architect Magazine New Jersey www.architectmagazine.com/state/new-jersey
Building Design and Construction
California Home & Design
Environmental Design and Construction Magazine
Home & Design
New Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Architects in Albany County NY within the following zip codes:
12186, 12059, 12204, 12110, 12009, 12210, 12183, 12054, 12203, 12107, 12209, 12159, 12047, 12469, 12202, 12085, 12208, 12158, 12046, 12304, 12201, 12084, 12207, 12147, 12045, 12223, 12193, 12077, 12206, 12143, 12041, 12212, 12189, 12067, 12205, 12120, 12023 and 12211
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Architects in Albany County NY within the following cities:
Albany, Altamont, Berne, Bethlehem, Coeymans, Cohoes, Colonie, Green Island, Guilderland, Knox, Menands, New Scotland, Ravena, Rensselaerville, Voorheesville, Watervliet and Westerlo