The Best Fire Protection Contractors in Berks County PA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Companies for fire protection in Berks County PA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the fire protection contractors that have exceeded the minimum county or city regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency, safety, and value, carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for fire protection in Berks County PA, including fire sprinklers, fire alarms, fireproofing, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and fire extinguisher recharging.
Updated November 15, 2016
The Best Fire Protection Contractors in Berks County PA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Pennsylvania doesn't require contractors for fire protection in Berks County PA to be licensed by the state, and there's no state standard of competency for fire suppression system contractors.
So there's no guarantee that any particular company for fire alarms and fire protection equipment in Berks County PA is even competent, is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all fire protection companies in Berks County PA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified county or city license (if required by law), verified liability and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Fire Protection Contractors in Berks County PA Perform Numerous Services
There was a time when the only warning of a fire was the smell of smoke. But fire detection devices that were once exclusively available to industrial clients are now available for private residences. There are fire protection contractors who are trained to enhance the safety of your home with these technologically advanced systems.
Fire protection contractors can install a number of features in your home or commercial property to not only warn you of a fire, but protect you from the damage and financial crises that accompany it. To assess the existing fire risks of your property, fire safety contractors perform hydrostatic testing, safety inspections, fire sprinkler testing and maintenance, fire safety surveys, fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher charging, and remote fire sprinkler monitoring.
Fire protection contractors also offer consultations and free estimates for the design and installation of new fire protection systems with features such as U.L. monitoring, 24 hour dispatching, mobile recharging, high pressure pure air, fixed extinguishing systems, and of course, fire alarms. Some of these companies will even obtain all necessary permits for the installation, repair, or sale of your new fire equipment.
Fire suppression system contractors in Berks County PA can install fire suppression systems including but not limited to water fire sprinklers, water spray, foam-water, foam-water spray, carbon dioxide, foam extinguishing, dry chemical, wet chemical, halogenated and other chemical systems used for fire protection; the supply mains, yard hydrants, standpipes and hose connections to sprinkler systems; and tank heaters, air lines and thermal systems used in connection with sprinklers, tanks and pumps dedicated for fire suppression use.
Fire Protection Contractors Provide the Necessary Fire Safety Equipment
Fire safety contractors sell and install many OSHA approved products to protect your home from the danger of a fire. Many of the systems offered are custom designed and can include automatic sprinklers, hood systems, fire extinguishers, back pumps, emergency lights, or exit lights. Most fire protection contractors install the basics, like fire alarm systems, carbon monoxide detectors, and sprinkler systems, but may also install specialty systems known as life safety systems. These intricate systems might include spray booth suppression systems, kitchen range extinguishers, high pressure cylinders, and stand pipes. Some fire safety contractors also sell chemical fire extinguishers, fire hoses, and even first aid kits.
Some Fire Protection Contractors in Berks County PA Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these fire protection contractors in Berks County PA: . Other fire protection contractors in Berks County PA that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Fire Protection Contractors in Berks County PA
When it comes to hiring good fire protection contractors in Berks County PA, first ask these questions about their experience, abilities, and promises:
• How many other fire prevention systems or fire alarm systems like yours have they installed with regards to material, size, commercial versus residential, wet pipe vesus dry pipe, foam water versus water spray or water mist, etc.?
• How long have they been fire protection contractors in Berks County PA specifically? Greater experience in the specific area suggests more familiarity with local codes and permit requirements.
• Will they give you names and numbers of previous customers for whom they did the same kind of fire protection who you can call? (All fire protection contractors in Berks County PA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you their cost estimate in writing, itemized to include the amount of material you're getting, brand names and item numbers? (This is key because cheap fire protection companies in Berks County PA often only seem cheaper by quoting you less material, or lower quality material that will turn out to be more expensive for you later in extra maintenance, or earlier replacement or repairs.)
• Can they recommend a simple change you could make to the specifications that would significantly lower the cost, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Likewise, do they see a big gain in performance or appearance that you could get for just a little bit more money?
• Are there manufacturer warranties on any of the materials to be used and what are those terms?
• Will they give you a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty? If so, what does it cover exactly and for how long after the installation?
• How long will it take them to complete the project once they begin?
• Do they have a showroom where you can look at samples of different finishes, appearances, styles, or materials? If not, will they bring you samples or go with you to a supply store to do this?
• Will they put in writing that the new fire protection or fire sprinkler system meets the local building code ordinances of your community?
• Will a permit be needed for the new fire sprinklers or fire alarm system? If so, who goes and gets the permits, you or the fire protection system installers?
• Can they vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All fire protection companies in Berks County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All fire protection contractors in Berks County PA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own permanent employees, or do they use subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those subcontracted companies so you can research them?
When you've decided on the best fire protection contractors in Berks County PA for you, make sure they have a license from the county or city if that's required by law in your area, since the state of Pennsylvania doesn't require any state license of fire suppression systems contractors. (All fire protection contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their county or city license (if required by law) verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Fire Protection in Berks County PA
Associations & Licensing Relevant to Fire Sprinklers, Fire Alarms, Fire Protection in Berks County PA
AFAA Automatic Fire Alarm Association www.afaa.org
AFSA American Fire Sprinkler Association www.sprinklernet.org
AFSA Mid-Atlantic Chapter American Fire Sprinkler Association Mid-Atlantic Chapter www.afsamac.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
FSSA Fire Suppression Systems Association www.fssa.net
Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania www.pafirefighters.org
IAFSS International Association of Fire Safety Science www.iafss.org
ICC International Code Council www.iccsafe.org
NAFED National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors www.nafed.org
NASFM National Association of State Fire Marshals www.firemarshals.org
NFSA National Fire Sprinkler Association www.nfsa.org
Pennsylvania State Fire Commissioner www.osfc.pa.gov
SFPE Society of Fire Protection Engineers www.sfpe.org
Media & Web Publications
Fire Apparatus Magazine www.fireapparatusmagazine.com
Fire Chief Magazine www.firechief.com
Firehouse Magazine www.firehouse.com/magazine
Fire Protection Association Journal
Fire Protection Contractor Magazine www.fpcmag.com
Fire Protection Engineering Magazine www.magazine.sfpe.org
Fire Protection Magazine
Industrial Fire World Magazine
International Fire Protection Magazine www.ifpmag.mdmpublishing.com
Journal of Fire Protection Magazine www.jfe.sagepub.com
Fire Safety Journal www.journals.elsevier.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire Protection Contractors in Berks County PA within the following zip codes:
19564, 19607, 19562, 19606, 19560, 19605, 19559, 19604, 19612, 19555, 19602, 19611, 19554, 19601, 19610, 19551, 19567, 19609, 19550, 19565, 19608, 19503, 19512, 19535, 19547, 19511, 19534, 19545, 19510, 19533, 19543, 19508, 19530, 19541, 19507, 19529, 19540, 19506, 19526, 19539, 19505, 19522, 19538, 19504, 19518, 19536, 17026, 18092, 18062, 18056, 18011, 17578, 17569, 17067 and 15311
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire Protection in Berks County PA within the following cities:
Birdsboro, Blandon, Kutztown, Reading, Shillington, Wyomissing, Amity, Bern, Colebrookdale, Cumru, Exeter, Longswamp, Lower Heidelberg, Maidencreek, Maxatawny, Muhlenberg, Robeson, South Heidelberg and Spring