The Best Transmissions Shops in Brevard County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Spend With
Transmission shops in Brevard County FL that bear The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those transmission repair services proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, that have liability insurance as protection for you the customer, and for whom our staff has called their previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for transmissions in Brevard County FL, including new transmissions, transmission repair, clutch repair, transmission rebuilds, and more.
Updated December 26, 2016
The Best Transmissions Shops in Brevard County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Spend With
The state of Florida doesn't require any state license of transmission shops in Brevard County FL merely a registration with the FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services), so there's no state standard for competency in transmission services.
So there's no guarantee that any particular transmission shop in Brevard County FL is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all services for transmission repair in Brevard County FL which bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to their previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state registration, verified liability insurance for your protection, sufficient length of time in business, good complaint record, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
The Florida Motor Vehicle Repair Act
If a transmission repair will cost more than $100, the law requires the transmission shop to give you the option of:
Requesting a written estimate;
Being notified by the transmission shop if the repair exceeds an amount you specify; or
Not requiring a written estimate at all.
You must sign and date one of the above options. Transmission shops cannot force you to waive your right to an estimate.
When a written transmission repair estimate is required, you must be given a copy.
The written estimate should clearly state if the price quoted is for new, used or rebuilt transmission parts.
The transmission shop must get your approval before exceeding the transmission repair cost by more than $10 or 10%, whichever is greater.
You can cancel the transmission repair services if they exceed the estimate and the transmission shop must reassemble the vehicle, unless it is unsafe to drive. The transmission shop may charge you for reassembly of the transmission only if you were given notice of that charge on the estimate.
You are entitled by state law to get back any replaced parts if you requested them initially. However, the transmission shop may charge a fee and, if the parts are under warranty agreement with the manufacturer or distributor, they may not be returned to you.
After transmission repairs are completed, the written invoice detailing them must include:
Date and odometer reading.
Description of work.
Labor, parts and other merchandise costs.
Nature of parts (new, used, rebuilt, etc.)
Guarantee, if any.
Registration number from the certificate issued by FDACS identifying the transmission shop.
Amount Over Written Estimate
If your bill exceeds the final estimate that you authorized by more than $10 or 10%, whichever is greater, and the transmission shop refuses to give you your vehicle unless you pay, here is what you can do:
Obtain a copy of the bill from the transmission repair shop and file a bond for the amount of the final repair bill plus storage charges, if any, with the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the county where the transmission shop is located.
The clerk will issue a certificate directing the transmission shop to release your vehicle. A law enforcement officer will help deliver the certificate to the transmission shop, if necessary.
The transmission shop has 60 days to file a lawsuit to recover the bond as payment for the transmission repair. If the transmission shop does not sue within 60 days, the clerk will return the bond money to you. The shop, however, can still file suit after release of the bond money.
Transmission Repair, Transmission Rebuild, Transmission Remanufacture
Transmission repair is used as a generic term but it properly means doing a limited amount of repair to your transmission to get it working again, if such is even possible with a bench repair, fixing or replacing a minimum number of parts inside your transmission.
Transmission remanufacture, or transmission rebuild is a more extensive process that replaces all the components inside with new ones. But since there's no textbook or legal definition for transmission rebuild versus mere "repair", some transmission shops will quote you a price for a "transmission rebuild" when in fact they are doing a much less extensive mere repair, and it's often why some transmission shops seem so much cheaper than the others who give you an honest quote for a true rebuild requiring more new parts and more labor.
Beware of Cheap Diagnosis of the Transmission Problem
Some transmission shops will quote you a dirt-cheap price to look at it and diagnose your problem. But be aware that it can be a gimmick. Once your car is up on the lift and your transmission taken apart, they will quote you an unnecessarily high price to fix it. But if you decline the repair, such as if you want to have it done elsewhere, you are now hit with a charge to put your transmission back together and back into your vehicle. So if you are at the mere diagnosis stage, before you leap at a cheap quote for transmission problem diagnosis, find out what happens if you decline their repair quote, meaning their charge to put it back in your car.
Transmission Repair Warranty
Quality transmission repairs or transmission rebuilds will come with warranties and not all transmission shops offer the same ones, so find out in advance how many miles or months it's for and exactly what it covers.
If you travel, also take into account if that transmission shop's warranty is honored by shops in another area where a breakdown might occur. The most obvious instance of knowing the warranty work can be performed by other shops is in the case of national or regional franchises like Mr Transmission, Cottman Transmission, AAMCO Transmissions, Gibraltar Transmissions, Lee Myles Transmission and others. But some indepedent transmission shops join regional or national networks of other independent operators expressly so that their warranties will be honored outside their local area.
Some Transmission Shops in Brevard County FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these transmission shops in Brevard County FL: . Other services for new transmissions or repair of transmissions in Brevard County FL that might still be in business include: .
Question To Ask Transmission Shops in Brevard County FL
Ask these questions about experience, pricing, methods, and terms of transmission shops in Brevard County FL:
• How long have the transmission centers been doing transmission repairs in Brevard County FL?
• How often do the transmission repair mechanics work on your kind of car?
• Will the transmission shop give you names and numbers of previous customers you can call as references? (All transmission shops in Brevard County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol have already had their customers called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they charge an inspection fee before you agree to any transmission repair?
• Will they need to put your car up on the lift and do some disassembly in order to diagnose the problem and give you a quote? If so, how much mroe will they charge you to put it back together if you decide not to authorize a repair? (This is one way that cheap transmission services in Brevard County only seem so, with a low initial quote to diagnose, but then extoring you for a large sum of money to put it back together if you don't do the repair.)
• If the transmission shop quotes you for a "transmission rebuild", will they specify every single item being replaced in the transmission? (This is another way that cheap transmission repair services in Brevard County only seem so, by falsely calling it a "transmission rebuild" when really it is only a relatively minor bench repair.)
• Does the transmission shop do all the work in-house or do they send any transmission work out to another shop, and if so, what is the name so you can research their reputation?
• Will they show you proof of active liability insurance to reimburse you in the event of any accidental damage to your vehicle while it's in the care? (All transmission shops in Brevard County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do the transmission repair specialists use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts, other new parts, or used or refurbished parts?
• Will work performed by the transmission repair shops affect your manufacturer's warranty?
• Will the transmission repair centers provide a written, itemized estimate for transmission repair?
• Will the transmission mechanics provide a written contract for transmission repair?
• What process do the transmission repair mechanics go through to price transmission work?
• What type of warranty do they give on your repair and can you see a written copy?
• How long should it take to complete?
• Do they provide courtesy cars?
• If the repair work involves a damaged transmission component, what was the failure?
• What action would the transmission specialists take if this had happened to their own car?
• Will they let you have all claimed damaged or worn transmission parts that need replacement?
Once you've found the best transmission shop in Brevard County FL for your needs, make sure they are registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services since that's required by law. (All transmission shops in Brevard County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Transmission Repair in Brevard County FL
Licensing & Industry Associations Regarding Transmission Repair in Brevard County FL
AAA American Automobile Association www.aaa.com
AAIA Automotive Aftermarket Industry Associationwww.aftermarket.org
AASP Alliance Of Automotive Service Providers www.autoserviceproviders.com
AIAG Automotive Industry Action Group www.aiag.org
APAA Automotive Parts & Accessories Association www.apaa.org
APRA Automotive Parts Remanufactures Association www.apra.org
ASA Automotive Service Association www.asashop.org
ATRA Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association www.atra.com
ATSG Automatic Transmission Service Group atsg.biz
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CAPA Certified Auto Parts Association www.capacertified.org
MPTA Mechanical Power Transmission Association www.mpta.org
PTDA Power Transmission Distrs Association www.ptda.org
Media Related to Transmission Repair in Brevard County FL
Car and Driver
Popular Hot Rodding
Road & Track
Sport Compact Car
Turbo & High Tech Performance
US Auto News
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for TOP 10 Transmission Shops in Brevard County FL within the following zip codes:
32901, 32909, 32925, 32937, 32954, 32815, 32908, 32924, 32936, 32953, 32796, 32907, 32923, 32935, 32952, 32783, 32906, 32922, 32934, 32951, 32976, 32781, 32905, 32920, 32932, 32950, 32959, 32780, 32904, 32912, 32931, 32949, 32958, 32775, 32903, 32911, 32927, 32941, 32956, 32902, 32910, 32926, 32940, 32955 and 32754
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Transmission Repair in Brevard County FL within the following cities:
Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Cocoa West, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, June Park, Malabar, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne, Melbourne Village, Merritt Island, Micco, Mims, Palm Bay, Palm Shores, Patrick AFB, Port St. John, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Sharpes, South Patrick Shores, Titusville, Viera East, Viera West, West Melbourne and Melbourne Shores