The Best Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Driving schools in DeKalb County GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those driver's ed instructors proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for results and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for driver's ed in DeKalb County GA, including driving instruction and behind-the-wheel training.
Updated January 27, 2017
The Best Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Georgia requires driving instructors in DeKalb County GA to have a state certification from the Georgia Department of Driver Services Driver Training Program, requiring only that whomever is giving behind-the-wheel lessons to a non-licensed driver be at least 21 years old and no driving license suspension within the past five years, nor more than two times, nor convicted of a felony.
But the Georgia certification for driving instructors is no guarantee that any particular driver's ed instructor or behind-the-wheel driving school in DeKalb County GA is doing business safely or ethically, providing real value, or satisfying students.
This makes it all the more significant that all schools for behind the wheel driving lessons in DeKalb County GA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction with their driving instruction, verified state registration wit the Georgia DDS (Department of Driver Services), good complaint record, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
The Need for Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA
Driving schools in DeKalb County are important because driving is legally considered a privilege, is a skill, and is inherently dangerous. With proper driving instructors, human error can be reduced. There are some good driving schools in DeKalb County GA that can give driving lessons in DeKalb County GA as well as instruct on additional driving safety techniques and driving skills.
The Best Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA Not Only Teach, They Raise Driving Safety Awareness
Teen driving school, driving instruction, driving lessons, driver's ed-no matter what you call it, we are all better for having been through it. Whether you need to brush up after being a passenger for a long time or you've got a teen that is ready for the ultimate symbol of independence, driving schools in DeKalb County GA offer a wide variety of services.
To prepare for a learner's permit or driver's license test, there are two stages to the driving lessons. The MVD-licensed driving instructors provide classroom instruction to familiarize you with the rules of driving and the road, licensing and registration protocol, and accident causes and prevention. Following instruction, students might be shown an example of the MVD test to gauge what the student has learned.
Behind-the-wheel Driver Training in DeKalb County GA
Many driving instructors will pick you up at your location for behind-the-wheel driving lessons in DeKalb County GA. The driving instructors teach the student about driving awareness, defensive driving skills, and the principles of inertia and momentum. The student driver learns about vision and motor coordination, maintaining space, changing lanes, smooth operation of the controls, judging their speed, and safe merging techniques.
The driving instructors in DeKalb County give thorough tutorials on parking as well, including parallel parking, diagonal parking, and perpendicular parking. After a thorough understanding of the basics is established, student drivers might get to apply these new skills in different settings around DeKalb County, such as urban driving, country driving, and freeway driving. When student drivers display sufficient skill, the driving instructors can even simulate an MVD driving test. Alternately, if you only need your driving skills refreshed after an absence behind the wheel, driving schools in DeKalb County offer practice tests for "brush-ups"-a great way to be certain of your skill level before heading to the MVD.
Some driving schools in DeKalb County GA might accommodate student drivers with physical or cognitive disabilities as well. And don't be nervous - the best driving instructors at driving schools in DeKalb County GA are extremely patient.
Some Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these driving driving instructors and driving schools in DeKalb County GA: . Other driving schools in DeKalb County GA that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA
Ask these questions of driving schools in DeKalb County GA regarding their experience, methods, and success rate:
• How long have they been giving driving lessons in DeKalb County GA specifically?
• Will the driving instructor pick you up at your particular residence or will you have to meet them somewhere?
• Approximately how many other students like you do they teach each month, example, first time teen driver versus adult drivng lessons?
• Will the driving school give you customer names and numbers you can call as references? (All driving instructors in DeKalb County GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they do behind-the-wheel driving lessons only, or do they also provide classroom driving instruction?
• If they do only behind-the-wheel drivers training, do they provide some kind of discount or special arrangement for you with a third party for the written driving exam instruction?
• What is the pass/fail rate of the driving school?
• How long has the specific driving instructor you will be learning from been giving driving lessons?
• Can the driving school prove that all the driving instructor sent to you is legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All driving schools in DeKalb County GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will your driving lessons be in a modern car, and what is the make, model, and year?
• Are there any special safety measures to the car used for the driving lessons, such as a passenger-side brake?
• Will the driving school show you proof of insurance for your protection? have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All driving schools in DeKalb County GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the driving school allow you as a parent to ride along for your teen's driving lesson if you choose?
• How long is each driving lesson and how many will there be?
• What is the cancellation and rescheduling policy at the driving school?
When you've chosen the best driving school in DeKalb County GA for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are certified with the Georgia DDS (Department of Driver Services) Driver Training program since that is required by law. (All driving schools in DeKalb County GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state certification for driving instructors verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA
The following is a list of associations, regulatory agencies, and publications related to driving school and driver's ed in DeKalb County GA:
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations Related To Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA
AAA American Automobile Association www.aaa.com
ADED Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists www.driver-ed.org
ADTSEA American Driver & Traffic Safety Education Association www.adtsea.iup.edu/nssp
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
DIA Driving Instructors Association www.driving.org
DSAA Driving School Association of the Americas www.thedsaa.org
Georgia Department of Driver Services www.dds.ga.gov
Georgia Department of Driver Services Driver Training Program www.dds.ga.gov/training
Georgia Association for Risk Reduction & Defensive Driver Education
Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety www.gahighwaysafety.org
NIDB National Institute for Driver Behavior www.nidb.org
NDTI National Driver Training Institute www.usdrivertraining.com
NHTSA National Highway Traffic Safety Administration www.nhtsa.dot.gov
NSC National Safety Council www.nsc.org
PLAN Provisional License Action Network www.teensanddriving.org
Media Relevant to Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA
Car and Driver
Inside Driving Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Driving Schools in DeKalb County GA within the following zip codes:
30366, 30360, 30341, 30340, 30338, 30088, 30035, 30074, 30002, 30087, 30034, 30072, 30086, 30033, 30058, 30085, 30032, 30038, 30084, 30031, 30037, 30083, 30030, 30036, 30079 and 30021
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Driver's Ed in DeKalb County GA within the following cities:
Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Clarkston, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, Lithonia, Pine Lake, Stone Mountain, Belvedere Park, Candler-McAfee, Druid Hills, Gresham Park, North Decatur, Briarcliff, Panthersville, Redan, Scottdale and Tucker