The Best Kitchen Bath Contractors in Washington DC Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Kitchen and bath remodelers in Washington DC bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones that have exceeded the minimum District of Columbia regulatory standard. They are the bathroom kitchen remodelers proven through our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for value and ability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees documented as legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as bathroom or kitchen remodelers in Washington DC.
Updated July 31, 2019
The Best Kitchen Bath Contractors in Washington DC Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of District of Columbia requires that kitchen and bath remodelers in Washington DC to be licensed by the state in order to do any residential kitchen/bath remodeling, including in condominiums. The state also requires they have liability insurance, (though the minimum coverage required is only $50,000). There is no legal requirement by District of Columbia for kitchen bath remodelers in Washington to pass any kind of exam of competancy in the field, merely that they have worked in the industry somehow for only two years, or have no industry experience but have two years of related education.
So the state license is no guarantee that any particular kitchen or bathroom remodeling company in Washington DC is even competent, is doing business ethically, providing real value, and satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for kitchen bath remodeling in Washington DC who bear The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as bathroom or kitchen remodelers, good complaint record, verified license, liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Kitchen and Bath Companies Specialize in Different Aspects of Kitchen & Bathroom Design
A kitchen and bath contractor might have more expertise in certain kitchen and bath treatments. So you want one familiar with the specifics of the kinds of changes or elements you desire. Among the variety of specific kitchen and bath remodeling aspects they offer, kitchen and bath remodelers can install kitchen islands, tub surrounds, shower enclosures, shower pans, appliances, fixtures, cabinets, and flooring.
Some kitchen and bathroom contractors in Washington can serve you as bathroom and kitchen designers in Washington DC, in which case they should be versed in various kitchen design themes, including contemporary, traditional, mission, country French, Eurostyle, and Mediterranean kitchen designs.
Kitchen & Bath Contractors in Washington DC Can Supply Everything You Need for Your Project
Many local bathroom and kitchen remodelers can provide all of the new materials required to bring your kitchen or bathroom into the 21st century, while some others prefer to leave the selection and shopping process entirely up to you the client. Find out ahead of time if the kitchen remodelers you start speaking with will help you through that product selection process, or instead, prefer you to do that sourcing on your own.
Some Bathroom and Kitchen Remodelers in Washington DC Are Much Better Than Others
Lately, work for kitchen & bath contractors in Washington is booming, and there are a number of contractors with specific expertise in kitchen and bath renovation. We've identified some who stand out and have earned respect for the best customer service and business practices.
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these kitchen and bath remodelers in Washington DC: Kitchen & Bath Factory Inc Arlington VA, Elite Kitchens & Baths Building Washington DC, JRT Bath & Remodeling Washington DC, Chesapeake Kitchen Design Washington DC, W&W Kitchen & Bath Washington DC. Other kitchen and bath remodelers in Washington who might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Bathroom & Kitchen Remodelers in Washington DC
When choosing among bath & kitchen remodelers in Washington DC to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, and procedures before hiring them:
• How long have they been performing specifically as kitchen or bath remodelers in Washington DC?
• For a kitchen remodeling project, how many other kitchen remodels have they completed? If a bathroom, how many other bath remodels have they completed?
• Will they show you examples of work they've done that's like what you're asking for?
• Can the kitchen bath contractors give you names and numbers of clients that you can call as references? (All kitchen bath remodelers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• What is project time frame from initial bid through to completion?
• How will your use of the kitchen or bathroom be impacted during the project and what they will do to minimize that impact?
• Do they carry liability insurance and workers' compensation for your protection? (All kitchen bath remodelers in Washington DC bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you a written bid with complete detail of the exact brands, items including product numbers, types of materials and amount of each material to be used? (This is critical because the cheapest kitchen & bath remodelers often only seem cheap because they have bid on the lowest grade fixtures which you will either be unhappy with in the long term, or request be changed during the project, at increased cost beyond their deceptively low bid.)
• What role will the bathroom or kitchen remodelers play in the selection of fixtures and materials? Will they guide your selection process? Will they go shopping with you? Or instead, do they leave that process entirely up to you the client?
• Can they show you that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All kitchen bath remodelers in Washington DC bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the fixtures or appliances they have quoted you?
• Do they give a written warranty on their labor aside from manufacturer warranties, and if so, for how long is it?
• Does your city or county require permits for the bathroom or kitchen remodel? If so, who will be responsible for getting those permits, you or the contractor?
• Do their own staff actually do the work, or do they hire subcontractors for any part of the kitchen and bath remodeling? If so, what assurance can they give you that the subcontractors will be paid on time and will not file a lien against your property for work or materials that have gone unpaid?
• How often and when will they clean up throughout the project?
• What procedures do they use to minimize the mess the project could create, i.e. dust, as well as noise, etc?
• How will they communicate to you their expected schedule to be on-site, and how often?
• Can they forsee any potential surprises that might occur during the project due to what is uncovered about the existing structure or materials? In each case, how much exactly might that affect the original bid cost?
When you've chosen the best kitchen bath remodelers in Washington DC for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by the state. (All bathroom & kitchen remodelers in Washington bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Kitchen Bath Remodelers in Washington DC
The following are helpful links and publications for and about kitchen & bath remodeling in Washington
Associations & Licensing for Kitchen Remodelers and Bath Contractors in Washington DC
Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (www.dllr.state.md.us)
BBB Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org/greater-maryland)
NARI National Association of the Remodeling Industry (www.marylandnari.memberlodge.org)
NKBA National Kitchen and Bath Association (www.nkba.org)
Media & Web Resources Used By Kitchen and Bath Remodelers
Interiors and Sources
Kitchen+Bath Business Magazine
Kitchen and Bath Design News
Professional Remodeler Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Kitchen Bath Contractors in Washington DC within the following zip codes:
20004, 20012, 20024, 20045, 20071, 20003, 20011, 20020, 20044, 20064, 20002, 20010, 20019, 20039, 20060, 20001, 20009, 20018, 20038, 20059, 20008, 20017, 20037, 20057, 20007, 20016, 20036, 20052, 20006, 20015, 20032, 20049, 20005, 20013, 20027, 20047, 20530, 20579, 20529, 20571, 20528, 20565, 20522, 20560, 20515, 20554, 20597, 20510, 20548, 20593, 20544, 20590, 20536, 20585, 20241, 20374, 20453, 20240, 20373, 20439, 20230, 20319, 20433, 20228, 20310, 20431, 20224, 20307, 20426, 20217, 20301, 20421, 20204, 20260, 20410, 20507, 20201, 20250, 20392 and 20503
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Kitchen Bath Remodelers in Washington DC within the following cities: