The Best Accountants in Fresno County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Accountants in Fresno County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol exceed the minimum California regulatory requirement.
Certified companies are the local bookkeepers or accountants proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for skill and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the client, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them for accounting in Fresno County CA, including cost accounting, audits, financial statements, forensic accountants, and more.
Updated February 08, 2019
The Best Accountants in Fresno County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of California requires accountants in Fresno County CA to be licensed by the California Board of Accountacy which requires a minimum of experience, education, and passing an exam. Bookkeepers are not required to be licensed, though they cannot advertise themselves as public accountants unless they are licensed.
But even the state license for accountants is no guarantee that any particular accountant in Fresno County CA is doing business ethically, providing real value, and satisfying clients.
This makes it all the more significant that all accountants in Fresno County CA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, including survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction with the accounting and bookkeeping services, good complaint record, verified liability insurance, verified state license, best business practices, and more.
Accountants & Bookkeepers in Fresno County CA Specialize in Different Areas of Finance
To find the best accountants in Fresno County CA to suit your specific needs, be aware of the various certifications that accountants may have.
Good accountants in Fresno County CA might hold certificates for CPA (Certified Public Accountancy) or GCA (Certified General Accountancy). These accountants can perform general and public accounting tasks.
For management accounting, accountants may hold a CMA title (Certified Management Accountant), or an ACMA title (Associate Certified Management Accountant). ABA or ABAA (Accredited Business Accountants) and PA (Public Accountants) practice personal accountancy. Different credentialing means different areas of expertise.
Forensic Accountants in Fresno County CA
What is a forensic accountant?
Forensic refers to something acceptable for use in a court of law, deemed to have been arrived at scientifically and objectively based on thorough review of physical evidence. Forensic accountants in Fresno County are also referred to as forensic auditors or investigative auditors. Some large accounting firms in Fresno County CA have forensic accounting departments, and some smaller firms or sole practitioners specialize in forensic accounting in Fresno County CA and operate solely as forensic accountants.
Legal disputes that call for forensic accountants to calculate losses and economic damages include law suits for breach of contract and negligence claims, or simply company acquisitions.
Some forensic accountants in Fresno County CA, including those in Fresno County and other areas are hired for cases involving assessment for spousal and child support claims.
Numerous Services Are Performed by Local Bookkeeping Services & Accountants in Fresno County CA
The various accountants in Fresno County CA are qualified and experienced in a number of different accounting areas, including public accounting, management accounting, project accounting, cash-basis accounting, chartered accounting, cost accounting, accrual basis accounting, small business accounting and fund accounting.
CPAs can usually advise on estate and trust planning and administration. Accountants have access to much more finely tuned software than the average financial layman. Counsel on auditing, audit quality or compensation are some of the services offered by accountants in Fresno County CA.
Some Bookkeeping Services & Accountants in Fresno County CA Are A Better Choice Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these accountants in Fresno County CA: .
Other accountants in Fresno County CA that might still be in business include .
Questions To Ask Accountants in Fresno County CA
When it comes to accountants in Fresno County CA, ask these questions about their abilities, experience, and credentials:
• How long have the local accountants been practicing accountancy and bookkeeping in Fresno County, and how many clients do they have? (All accountants in Fresno County CA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have had sufficient length of time in business verified by our research staff.)
• Are the Fresno County accountants CPAs, PAs or small business accountants?
• Do the accountants generally deal with accounting for businesses or for individuals?
• What additional services aside from accounting or bookkeeping do the local CPAs and bookkeepers in Fresno County offer to their clients?
• How are the accounting or bookkeeping fees structured?
• Do the local accountants work at a certified accounting firm in Fresno County or near you in Fresno County?
• If you're talking to a multi-person accounting firm, who will handle your work? Senior accountants or junior assistants? Can the accounting office provide proof that this person is qualified to provide the accounting or bookkeeping services you need?
• Are the accountants and bookkeepers willing to give you the name and numbers of some clients you can call as references? (All accountants in Fresno County CA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff.)
• What kind of education do the Fresno County accountants have?
• Which certifications do the local accounting professionals hold?
• Will the accountants show you proof of liability insurance (such as Errors & Omissions) that protects you from financial loss due to a mistake? (All accountants in Fresno County CA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff.)
• Does the accountant visit his or her clients, or will you always need to travel to your accountant's office?
• Can you see the accounting professionals' credentials? (All accountants in Fresno County CA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their certification verified (for CPAs) by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
• What feedback does the accountant have on your specific accounting issues? If you are looking for bookkeeping services, can the bookkeepers comment on your specific needs?
Once you've chosen the best accountants in Fresno County CA for your accounting and bookkeeping needs, make sure the accountants are licensed by the state of California as required by law.
While bookkeepers are not required to be licensed, you should also check their credentials to be sure you're getting an expert bookkeeper. (All accountants in Fresno County CA that bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their state license or registration verified by our research staff.)
Resources About Bookeeping Services & Accountants in Fresno County CA
Regulatory Agencies & Trade Associations Related to Accountants in Fresno County CA
ACFE Association of Certified Fraud Examiners www.acfe.com/forensic-accountant.aspx
AICPA American Institute of Certified Public Accountants www.aicpa.org
AAA Association for Accounting Administration www.cpaadmin.org
AGNI Accountants Global Network International www.agn.org
AGN - North America www.agn-na.org
AICPA American Institute of CPAs www.aicpa.org
BBB The Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
BKR International www.bkr.com
CALCPA California Society of CPAs www.calcpa.org
CBA California Board of Accountancy www.cba.ca.gov
CPAAI CPA Associates International www.cpaai.com
FCPA Forensic CPA Society www.fcpas.org
IAAER International Association for Accounting Education and Research www.iaaer.org
IGAF International Group of Accounting Firms www.igaf.org
Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants www.forensicglobal.org
NACPC National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers www.certifiedpublicbokkeeper.org
NASBA National Association of State Boards of Accountancy www.nasba.org
Media Related to Accounting in Fresno County CA
Accounting and Business Research
Accounting and Finance
The Accounting Review
Behavioral Research in Accounting
Contemporary Accounting Research
CPA Software News
The European Accounting Review
International Journal of Intelligent Systems of Accounting
Issues in Accounting Research
Journal of Accountancy
Journal of Accounting Research
The Journal of Management Accounting Research Practical Accountant
Strategic Finance Magazine
Treasury and Risk
If you are looking for local certified public accountants, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten bookkeepers and accountants in Fresno County CA within the following zip codes:
93711, 93727, 93747, 93710, 93726, 93744, 93706, 93725, 93741, 93794, 93705, 93723, 93740, 93793, 93704, 93722, 93737, 93792, 93721, 93730, 93791, 93720, 93729, 93790, 93715, 93728, 93755, 93612, 93630, 93654, 93675, 93611, 93626-2, 93651, 93668, 93609, 93625, 93650, 93667, 93606, 93622, 93648, 93664, 93605, 93621, 93646, 93662, 93602, 93619, 93640, 93660, 93703, 93616, 93634, 93657, 93702, 93613, 93631, 93656, 93701, 93242, 93234, 93210, 39901, 30291, 30310, 30318, 30327, 30337, 30346, 30360-2, 31107, 30268, 30309, 30317, 30326, 30336, 30345, 30359, 31106, 30213, 30308, 30316, 30325, 30334, 30344, 30356, 30377, 31156, 30307, 30315, 30324, 30333, 30342, 30355, 30366-2, 31145, 30306, 30314, 30322, 30332, 30341-2, 30354, 30364, 31141, 30305, 30313, 30321, 30331, 30340-2, 30350, 30363, 31139, 30303, 30312, 30320, 30329, 30339, 30349, 30362, 31131, 30301, 30311, 30319, 30328, 30338-2, 30348, 30361, 31126, 30022, 30009, 30005, 30004, 30097, 30077, 30076, 30075 and 30023
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten accountants & bookkeepers in Fresno County CA within the following cities:
Auberry, Biola, Calwa, Caruthers, Clovis, Coalinga, Del Rey, Easton, Firebaugh, Fowler, Fresno, Huron, Kerman, Kingsburg, Lanare, Laton, Malaga, Mayfair, Mendota, Minkler, Old Fig Garden, Orange Cove, Parlier, Reedley, Riverdale, San Joaquin, Sanger, Selma, Shaver Lake, Squaw Valley, Sunnyside, Tarpey Village, Tranquillity, West Park and Sierra