The Best Exterminators in Middlesex County MA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Don't let pests ruin your home or yard. Local pest control companies in Middlesex County MA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have exceeded the minimum Massachusetts regulatory standard. They have been proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for competency, value, and results, carry liability insurance as protection for their customers, hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction as pest control contractors in Middlesex County MA, including for extermination of roaches, mice, ants, rodents, bed bugs, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, rats, bee removal, bird control, structural pest control and termites, live trapping of nuisance animals and more.
Updated April 09, 2020
The Best Exterminators in Middlesex County MA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Massachusetts requires that pest control companies in Middlesex County MA have a state license as a Commercial Applicator from the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture, which requires passing an exam.
Massachusetts requires a state PAC license (Problem Animal Control) for nuisance animal control such as for skunks, muskrats, raccoons, weasels, red fox, gray fox, porcupines, voles, squirrels, possums, chipmunks, rabbits, woodchucks, snapping turtles, moles, pigeons, house sparrows, starling and certain species of bats. Coyotes may be handled only by licensed PAC agents who have successfully completed a MassWildlife training and certification program specifically pertaining to coyotes. Regarding nuisance wildlife trapping services by Problem Animal Control licensees, relocation services are not an option since they are not legally allowed to relocate the animals elsewhere.
But even the state license for nuisance animal control or for pest control services are no guarantee that any particular pest control company in Middlesex County MA is doing business honestly, achieving lasting results, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for pest control in Middlesex County MA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction with their pest control services, verified state license, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Exterminators in Middlesex County MA Perform Numerous Pest Control Services
Exterminators don't just get rid of bugs such as cockroaches, spiders and termites. They can also eradicate a number of annoying and potentially harmful vermin such as mice, rats and pigeons and other problem birds. In many cases, pest infestations pose certain health risks, so the total removal of the pest population is essential. Since most consumer-rated pest control products are not guaranteed to wipe out whole nests (and consumers aren't trained in proper application), pest control companies and exterminators are vital to pest problem remediation.
Some pest control services specialize in urban wildlife control, live trapping in Middlesex County MA and nuisance animal relocation services for that problem critter. Control of nuisance animals can include raccoon removal, possum removal, skunk removal, and the control and removal of squirrels, gophers and woodchucks. Other pest control companies provide mole trapping and removal, bat control and bee removal involving bee nest relocation. Some of these companies also offer dead animal removal, animal damage repair and animal exclusion services to prevent unwanted wildlife from returning to your home or property. The various forms of treatment include moisture barriers, bird barriers, bat exclusions, sump pumps, electro-guns, microwaves, foams, heat treatments, and perimeter treatments. But if you're looking for more humane and environmentally friendly forms of pest abatement, several exterminators share your concerns.
Many pest control services are certified to service industrial, commercial, residential or food service environments with insect problems or moles and squirrels. They'll employ various forms of rodent control, including rodent seal out, rodent cleanup, rodent infestation proofing, rat control, mice control, baiting and trapping, and dead animal removal for commercial clients.
Good exterminators and pest control services often have an entomologist on staff and such expertise enables them to completely eradicate just about any creepy-crawly infestation you've been overrun with, including silverfish, fleas, ticks, moths, bees, cockroaches, spiders, ticks, wasps, crickets, drywood termites, earwigs, subterranean termites, pillbugs, carpet beetles, bed bugs, Argentine ants, carpenter ants, carpet beetles, sowbugs, and various pantry pests. Pest control experts can also eliminate or relocate bats, opossums, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, foxes, pigeons, snakes, and even scorpions.
Some pest control companies are licensed for pest control for outdoor vegetation. Plant life is vulnerable to pestilence such as bugs and rodents, and these pest control companies can manage folivorous parasites and pests with tree spraying, sudden oak death treatment, rose and ornamental spraying, poison oak control, tree injections, and deep root feedings. Additionally, some pest control companies offer more than pest eradication, such as escrow services, underfloor work, structural damage repairs, and wood control. Several pest control companies also offer 24 hour service, same day service, regular maintenance, and single application treatments.
IPM (Integrated Pest Management) in Middlesex County MA
Some pest control services in Middlesex County MA promote their expertise in IPM or Integrated Pest Management. IPM is intended as an environmentally sensitive approach to pest control that seeks to reduce the use of pesticides by looking for ways to take advantage of the life cycles of the pest species and their interaction with the environment.
IPM places an emphasis on prevention methods first to avoid the threshold where treatment becomes necessary. But once pest eradication is required, methods that use changes to the environment, mechanical control such as trapping or weeding, or non-pesticide chemicals such as pheromones are preferred over pesticides. Only if further evaluation shows these methods are not sufficient is targeted spraying of pesticides used. Broadcast spraying of non-specific pesticides is considered a last resort.
Pest Control Companies Can Provide Safe Bee Removal in Middlesex County MA
Some pest control companies will perform bee removal. Bees are technically not a pest species, but rather a beneficial insect that pollinates flowers and agricultural crops and they almost never sting except in defense against someone disturbing or attacking the bees nest directly. However, you may not want a bee nest in your yard.
These bee removal companies are experts in removing bees by relocating them rather than killing them unnecessarily. This is different than exterminating wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets which are aggressive and likely to sting, unlike bees.
Some Local Exterminators and Pest Control Companies in Middlesex County MA Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these exterminators in Middlesex County MA: .
Other companies for pest control in Middlesex County MA that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Exterminators in Middlesex County MA
If you're hiring a local exterminator for pest control services in Middlesex County MA, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the companies you're considering:
• How long have the pest control contractors been in business?
• If the company is part of a franchise, how long has that local owner specifically been in the industry as opposed to the national franchise?
• How long have the pest removal companies been providing extermination services or pest control in Middlesex County MA specifically? (Different regions have unique soil conditions, weather and moisture issues that aeffect pest control methods. Their length of experience doing pest control in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many jobs do they do each month that are similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, outside versus inside pests, specific pest species to be removed such as termites versus ants, or bird control versus bee removal, etc.?
• Can the pest control company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of extermination or relocation done who you can call as references? (All pest control services in Middlesex County MA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff.)
• What method and products will the pest removal experts use, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of their methods compared to that of other pest control services?
• How long should it take the local pest control services to eradicate the infestation?
• Will complete insect removal or rodent control require any return visits?
• In the event that the initial pest control service fails, are repeat treatments free?
• Do the Middlesex County pest control companies provide a warranty for their services?
• Will you need to leave your home during the pest control procedures or avoid use of outdoor areas that have been treated and for how long?
• Will the company's initial estimate be detailed and in writing? Will they provide a written guarantee?
• Can the extermination company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All pest control companies in Middlesex County MA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will the pest control contractors show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All pest control companies in Middlesex County MA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
When you've chosen the best local pest control service in Middlesex County MA for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the state for either outside or inside pest control since that's required by law. (All pest control companies in Middlesex County MA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)