The Best Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Spend With
Interior designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those interior designers that have exceeded the minimum Florida state standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them for interior design in Kissimmee St Cloud FL, including residential and commercial interior designers, traditional interior designers, contemporary modern interior designers, and more.
Updated November 04, 2016
The Best Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Spend With
The state of Florida requires interior designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL to be licensed by the state, which requires a minimum of education and experience, and passing an exam adminstered by the FL Board of Architecture.
But the Florida state license for interior designers is no guarantee that any particular interior designer in Kissimmee St Cloud FL is doing business ethically, providing value, or satisfying clients.
This makes it all the more significant that all interior designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL that bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction, verified state license, good complaint record, best business practices, sufficient length of time in business, and more.
What's the difference between Interior Designers and Interior Decorators?
There is a difference between the terms interior designer and interior decorator. Interior designers design functional spaces with an understanding of the likes, wants, and behavior of the people who will be using it. Interior decorators are those who furnish a space taking the aesthetics into account such as fabrics, color, etc. Interior decorating is part of what interior designers do, but interior designers are also equipped to recommend structural changes such as the removal or addition of walls, doorways, windows etc., though they don't conduct those changes themselves unless they also hold a state contractors registration. The barrier to entry to become an interior designer is usually much greater than to be an interior decorator and interior designers usually can demonstrate college or design school degrees, and industry accreditations.
While there is no state license or other legal standard for interior designers, there is a designation of Registered Interior Designer which is applied for and earned by passing an exam.
What is the value to finding an interior designer?
In the digital age, there is a growing number of online computer imaging tools that let the average consumer see and compare different choices in colors, fabrics, materials, fixtures and more. But there are also lots of medical websites that list symptoms, yet we all agree that a real diagnosis and solution should come from an actual doctor and we wouldn't undertake a certain course of treatment and the expense for it based only on something we saw online. Similarly, interior designers provide value that computer imaging tools can't. They have spent years learning, living and breathing design, material properties, and judging performance after installation for previous clients. For example, a consumer can pick among colors and finishes of a coffee table online, but a designer will be able to also consider the consumer's lifestyle based on previous experience such as knowing that if they have children, a particular shiny finish will be hard to keep clean of fingerprints. Or there's more to fabric selection than just color and texture. Perhaps flame retardant qualities should be a priority in a house of smokers, or new carpets not made with off-gassing chemicals for a house of the chemically sensitive client or just those who are super health conscious. Interior designers have run across these problems and found solutions before for previous clients.
Interior Designers Save You Money
Technology allows consumers to do more and more design elements themselves that previously they would have hired a designer for. This might let a consumer believe that they are saving money by not hiring an interior designer, yet interior designers save you money. For example, while a consumer can use a retailer's website to mix and match color and fabric choices on a couch, a designer will know of many more options available than the consumer can possibly know, thus they are able to provide greater satisfaction in the long run and items that perform better. So it costs you more to try to go it alone when you end up dissatisfied in just a few years and spend all over again to replace items because you didn't like it as much as you could have, or due to poor performance, or with a home remodel that could have provided a bigger resale price with a designer's input, reaping tens of thousands of dollars more upon the sale.
Interior designers often get steep discounts on furnishings not available to the consumer due to special manufacturer relationships or greater purchasing volume.
Home Staging in Kissimmee St Cloud FL
Some interior designers and interior decorators have a specialty of staging a home for sale. They use their years of previous experience combined with their knowledge of the latest trends in colors and fashions to get a higher price and a quicker sale.
Some Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these interior designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL: . Others doing interior design in Kissimmee St Cloud FL who might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL
When choosing which interior designer to hire, ask the right questions about their experience, education, range of services, and credentials:
• How long have the interior designers been in business?
• How many interior design projects have they done specifically in Kissimmee St Cloud?
• What is their experience doing projects similar to yours? (Such as size of home, value of home, residential interior designers versus commercial interior designers, etc.)
• Can the interior designers give you names and numbers of clients you can call as references? (All interior designers bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they charge for an estimate? If so, how is that amount calculated?
• What is their hourly rate and will they be able to give you an estimate of the finished project total cost? (Important because cheap interior designers only appear to be so with a lower hourly rate but might take much longer and end up being more costly than a more experienced interior designer with a slightly higher hourly rate)
• Do they have a particular specialty you should know about?
• Can they show you proof of active liability insurance, and if sending employees to your property, workers comp insurance for your protection? (All interior designers bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use interior design software that will let you visualize your space as an aid in making choices?
• What school(s) did the interior designer go to and what degrees do they hold?
• How many clients do they typically handle at one time and so what will be their availability to you?
• Who will be your point of contact at their company on an on-going basis, the owner or an employee?
• If they recommend structural changes, do they have a state contractor's registration to do the work themselves? If not, who is responsible for hiring and managing a contractor, you or the interior designer? If it's the designer, what is the name of that outside contractor they would be using?
• Do they have any special relationships with distributors or manufacturers?
• What kinds of samples do the interior designers have available for you to see?
• How will they show you examples of their previous interior design projects?
When you've chosen the best interior designers in Kissimmee St Cloud for your specific needs, make sure they licensed by the state of Florida which is required by law. (All interior designers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Resources About Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL
The following is a list of trade publications, consumer publications, and associations related to interior designers in Kissimmee St Cloud:
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations Related to Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL
ASID (American Society of Interior Designers)
ASIDFSC (American Society of Interior Designers South Florida Chapter)
ASID Florida North (American Society of Interior Designers North Florida Chapter)
ASID Florida West Coast (American Society of Interior Designers Florida West Coast Chapter)
AIGA (The Professional Association for Design)
IIDA (International Interior Design Association)
IIDA SFC (International Interior Design Association South Florida Chapter)
IIDA NFC (International Interior Design Association North Florida Chapter)
AIDP (Association of Interior Design Professionals)
IDS (Interior Design Society)
CID (Certified Interior Decorators)
IFI (International Federation of Interior Designers)
IDEC (Interior Design Educators Council)
NCIDQ (National Council for Interior Design Qualification)
AAHID (American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers)
CSD (Chartered Society of Designers)
CIDA (Council for Interior Design Accreditation)
OBD (Organization of Black Designers)
Publications Relevant to Interior Design Services in Kissimmee St Cloud FL
Interior Design Magazine
Luxe Interiors + Design Magazine
Home Design Magazine
Healthcare Design Magazine
Interior Design and Contemporary Homes Magazine
Style At Home
Workspace Design Magazine
Design for Living
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL within the following zip codes:
34745, 34770, 34744, 34769, 34743, 34759-2, 34742, 34758, 34773, 34741, 34747, 34772, 34739, 34746, 34771, 33848 and 33896
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Interior Designers in Kissimmee St Cloud FL within the following cities:
Buenaventura Lakes, Campbell, Celebration, Kissimmee, Poinciana, St Cloud, Harmony, Holopaw and Kenansville