The Best Window Contractors in Ottawa County MI Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Window contractors in Ottawa County MI bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones who have exceeded the minimum Michigan regulatory standard. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who have agreed to hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for replacement windows in Ottawa County MI, including vinyl windows, energy-efficient windows, double pane and triple pane windows, and aluminum windows.
Updated January 18, 2017
The Best Window Contractors in Ottawa County MI Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Michigan requires window contractors in Ottawa County MI to be licensed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). Commercial window installers are not required to be licensed at all. Those licensed after June 1 2008 had to complete 60 hours of prelicensure education and pass an exam. The license allows them only to perform the specific craft designated by the license and each window contractor has a pocket card that contains the letter code "A" representing that he is allowed to perform window replacements or as new window installers.
But the Michigan state license for window installers is no guarantee that any particular installer of new windows in Ottawa County MI is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all window contractors in Ottawa County MI who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., best business practices, and more.
In addition to saving you money on utility bills due to the improved insulating properties of new windows, window replacement is one of the few things that freshen the look of both the inside and outside of your home at the same time.
There are dozens of choices of new window styles and window brands from which to choose and good window replacement companies in Ottawa County MI can help guide that choice. The Prime Buyer's Report offers these tips to help you find your way through your choices for new window sales and window installers.
Window Contractors in Ottawa County MI Offer Many Types of New Windows and Window Services
In addition to carrying the most popular new windows for commercial and residential windows, many choices for custom windows are available from local window contractors. The window installers industry has recently focused on energy efficient windows, so many products offered can reduce your heating and cooling costs.
If you haven't yet decided what kind of new windows you're looking for, good window contractors will point you in the right direction once they hear your ideas and goals, and some will give a free window replacement estimate. From new construction to window replacement for existing buildings, the best window contractors will have options in new windows that you can be satisfied with.
That said, some older homes have beautifully-made custom windows with intricate designs which may make you may think twice about window replacement. A number of window contractors in Ottawa County MI can instead do window restoration, preservation of aging materials (such as rubber window seals or wood window frames), custom-cut replacement window glass and custom-designed glass for a classic or contemporary look.
Some of the many popular searches for windows in Ottawa County MI are for discount windows, fogged glass windows, dual pane windows, store front windows and mirrors, Oriel windows, circle bay windows, box bay windows, ribbon windows, label mold windows, round top windows, paired windows, Palladian windows, Jalousie windows, awning windows, bow windows, half round windows, louvered windows, tilt-turn windows, picture windows, double hung windows, slider windows, wood frame windows, vinyl frame windows, energy efficient windows, and basement hopper windows. Style options of window glass include patterned window glass, stained window glass, etched glass windows, beveled glass windows, textured glass windows, framed mirrors, and mirrored walls. Window materials are available as well, such as aluminum, wood, fiberglass, block, vinyl, aluminum collapsed frame, and insulated glass, screens and casements. For window replacements or updates, many windows installers offer custom shower doors and enclosures, mirrors, and tub enclosures for the bathroom. Some window contractors can custom fabricate your new windows for you aside from the popular window brands of pre-manufactured windows.
Some Window Contractors in Ottawa County MI Are Safer to Spend With Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these window contractors and window installation companies in Ottawa County MI: . Other window contractors in Ottawa County MI that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask About New Windows in Ottawa County MI
When choosing which window contractors in Ottawa County MI to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials:
• How long have they been doing windows in Ottawa County MI specifically? (Different regions have their own unique weather that will effect choices in materials, window options and installation method. The length of experience doing windows in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, wood versus vinyl, custom fabricated windows versus pre-manufactured, energy efficient windows, etc.?
• Can the window replacement company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All window contractors in Ottawa County MI bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including brand names and product numbers of the windows, as well as the type of material and amount used for installation? (This is key because cheap window contractors in Ottawa County often only seem cheaper because they are using less material, or inferior quality windows compared to others which will not last and require expensive repairs and maintenance later.)
• How long will it take them to complete the work?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the new windows to be installed?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All window contractors in Ottawa County MI bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All window replacement companies in Ottawa County MI bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best window contractors in Ottawa County MI for your specific needs, make sure they are registered with the state of Michigan since that's required by law in order to do residential windows. (All window contractors in Ottawa County MI bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their Michigan state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)