The Best Pool Builders in Pasco County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Swimming pool contractors in Pasco County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are the local pool builders proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements.
This includes proving competency and value, carrying liability insurance as protection for clients, promising to hire only documented workers, and for whom our staff have called previous clients to verify high customer satisfaction with them as swimming pool installers or custom pool builders in Pasco County FL.
Whether you want a new backyard swimming pool, swim spa, custom hot tub, commercial swimming pool, saltwater pool, in-ground pool, above-ground pool, or other water feature, read on for helpful hiring tips, questions to ask, facts about swimming pool construction and Pasco County swimming pool contractors.
Updated February 11, 2019
The Best Pool Builders in Pasco County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Florida requires builders of concrete or fiberglass swimming pools in Pasco County FL to be licensed as swimming pool contractors which requires a minimum amount of experience and passing an exam (except for installers of above ground pools for which there is no state regulation).
But even the state license for in-ground pool contractors is no guarantee that any particular swimming pool contractor in Pasco County FL is doing business ethically, providing real value, and satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for swimming pools in Pasco County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as having passed all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state license, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Good Swimming Pool Contractors in Pasco County FL Can Design and Construct Many Styles of Pools
Swimming pool contractors learn specific skills that allow them to construct swimming pools, spas or hot tubs, and install the heating equipment for them. More specifically, they can install or repair the basics, like new in-ground pools, above ground pools or vinyl pools, and there are many innovative types of custom pools that they can construct for both commercial and residential settings.
Some of the swimming pool contractors in the Pasco County area have experience with more advanced projects, such as vanishing edge pools, salt water pools, waterfall pools, infinity pools, fiberglass pools, and hillside pools. In these instances, installation includes new gunite, filtration equipment, vinyl lining (if applicable), and heating units.
If you're worried about your pool draining excessive energy or otherwise negatively affecting the environment, some pool contractors have extensive experience with energy efficient pools that are solar heated, gas heated, or temperature controlled. Most of the swimming pool companies in Pasco County do regular work on existing pools as well.
Certain wear is inevitable after time, and your aging pool might require extensive renovation, including relining, re-facing, gunite replacement, pool plastering, or concrete work, all of which can be completed by an accomplished pool contractor. If your pool is in need of major renovation, skilled contractors can even create a custom redesign based on your existing layout.
Swimming Pool Contractors in Pasco County FL Customize New and Existing Pools
You've already dedicated a budget to a new swimming pool, so why not infuse the project with accessories that will make it truly unique and enjoyable?
A look at any skilled swimming pool contractor's portfolio will reveal a plethora of options that you can have installed in addition to the pool itself.
There are in-pool features, such as diving boards, stairs, ladders, and slides. You can enhance the pool area with waterfalls, quartz pool interior finishes, or water features.
Additionally, many local swimming pool contractors in Pasco County FL and throughout Pasco County can install mechanical and electrical systems within the pool too, including fiber optic pool lighting, automated pool lighting, computerized systems, pool cameras, antimicrobial filters, regular filters, solar powered pumps, regular pumps, and automatic safety covers.
There's also your yard to consider. The addition of a new pool or hot tub can change the look and flow of your yard, and you may want to upgrade the look of your yard to accent or highlight your new pool addition. Many Pasco County swimming pool contractors can build or subcontract landscape additions, such as patio heaters, pool decks and safety pool fencing, pool houses, fire pits, saunas, Koi ponds, special rock formations, and poolside tile work.
In the future, your new pool will likely require maintenance and replacement parts. You may be able to contract with the initial builder to provide for these instances by supplying new liners, vinyl covers, chemicals for advanced purification, or new pumps or filters.
Swim Spas in Pasco County FL
There has been an increase in popularity of swim spas in Pasco County FL.
Swim spas are smaller than typical in-ground swimming pools but create a current of adjustable speed that you can swim against without moving, like a treadmill for swimming. Swim spas come in a variety of sizes and can be installed indoors or outdoors.
They are a popular option because of their ability to save space in a yard, while still providing the exercise of a full length swimming pool, and often the relaxation properties of a spa.
Swim spas cost less to buy and install than full-size swimming pools, and because they hold less water, the ongoing maintenance costs are less. The best swim spa dealers in Pasco County FL can provide proof of lots of previous experience as swim spa installers in Pasco County FL.
Common brands of swim spas in Pasco County FL include Arctic Spas, Cal Spas, Dimension One Spas, Michael Phelps Swim Spas, Master Spas, Dynasty, Endless Pools, H2X, Hydropool, SwimEx, ThermoSpas.
Some Swimming Pool Contractors in Pasco County FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these local swimming pool contractors in Pasco County FL: .
Other swimming pool contractors in Pasco County FL that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Swimming Pool Contractors in Pasco County FL
When choosing which local swimming pool installers to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials as part of your interview process:
• How long have the Pasco County swimming pool contractors been installing swimming pools in Pasco County specifically? (Different regions have unique soil conditions and weather to take into consideration and experience in your exact location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have the local swimming pool contractors done similar to yours in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, in-ground pool versus above-ground pool, freshwater versus saltwater pool, etc.?
• Can the Pasco County swimming pool contractors give you names and numbers of customers who have had a similar kind of installation done so you can call them as references? (All swimming pool builders in Pasco County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff.)
• Will the pool builders provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of labor proposed, the amount and type of material to be used, brand names, and product numbers? (A company might only appear cheaper than another by skimping on the amount of material, the installation method used, and quality of products or fixtures.)
• After you explain what you want in a new swimming pool, is there a similar but less expensive alternative? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• What manufacturer warranties cover the material to be used?
• Will the swimming pool builders show you their Florida state license to construct in-ground pools, as is required by law? (All swimming pool installers in Pasco County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their state license or state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do the swimming pool and hot tub contractors provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from any manufacturer warranties?
• Will permits be needed for the pool construction work? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them, or do they leave that up to you? (Be wary of this, as the inability or unwillingness of a contractor to secure a permit may be a sign that the contractor isn't licensed to work in your area of Pasco County.)
• Do the pool contractors use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors? If so, what are the names of those companies? You'll want to verify that those subcontractors are also licensed and insured.
• Can the swimming pool construction company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All swimming pool companies in Pasco County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have signed an agreement to hire only documented workers.)
• Will the contractors show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All swimming pool contractors in Pasco County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff.)
When you've chosen the best swimming pool contractors in Pasco County FL for your specific needs, make sure they have a good complaint record. (All swimming pool installers in Pasco County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their good complaint record verified by our research staff.)
Resources About Swimming Pools in Pasco County FL
Licensing & Trade Associations Relevant to Swimming Pools in Pasco County FL
APSP Association of Pool and Spa Professionals www.theapsp.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
Forida Attorney General Consumer Protection www.myfloridalegal.com/consumer
Florida DBPR Department of Business & Professional Regulation www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/Pro/cilb/index.html
FSPA Florida Swimming Pool Association www.floridapoolpro.com
IPSSA Independent Pool & Spa Service Association www.ipssa.com
NSPI National Spa & Pool Institute www.nspi.org
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Swimming Pool Builders in Pasco County FL
Pool and Spa Living Magazine
Pool Science Magazine
Swimming Pool Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Swimming Pool Contractors in Pasco County FL within the following zip codes:
34652, 34673, 34639, 34669, 34638, 34668, 34692, 34637, 34667, 34691, 34656, 34690, 34655, 34680, 34654, 34679, 34653, 34674, 33526, 33545, 33525, 33544, 33524, 33543, 33523, 33542, 33541, 33593, 33540, 33576, 33539, 33574, 33537 and 33556
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 swimming pool and hot tub installers in Pasco County FL within the following cities:
Bayonet Point, Beacon Square, Dade City, Elfers, Holiday, Hudson, Jasmine Estates, Land O Lakes, Moon Lake, New Port Richey, New Port Richey East, Odessa, Pasadena Hills, River Ridge, Shady Hills, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills, Zephyrhills South, Zephyrhills West, Lacoochee and Gulf Harbors