The Best Accountants in Passaic County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Accountants in Passaic County NJ who bear The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those public accountants or bookkeepers who have exceeded the minimum New Jersey state standard.
Certified companies are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for reliability and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the client, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them for accounting in Passaic County NJ, including financial statements, forensic accountants, audits, cost accounting, and more.
Updated February 08, 2019
The Best Accountants in Passaic County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of New Jersey requires that accountants in Passaic County NJ be licensed by the New Jersey State Board of Accountancy, which requires a set minimum of education, a year of experience working under licensed CPAs, passing an exam, and certain continuing education.
But the state license for accountants is no guarantee that any particular accountant in Passaic County NJ is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying clients.
This makes it all the more significant that all accountants in Passaic County NJ who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction with their accounting services, good complaint record, verified state license, best business practices, and more.
Accountants & Bookkeepers in Passaic County NJ Specialize in Different Areas of Finance
To find the best accountants in Passaic County NJ to suit your specific needs, be aware of the various certifications that accountants may have.
Good accountants in Passaic County NJ might hold certificates for CPA (Certified Public Accountancy) or GCA (Certified General Accountancy). These accountants can perform general and public accounting tasks.
For management accounting, accountants may hold a CMA title (Certified Management Accountant), or an ACMA title (Associate Certified Management Accountant). ABA or ABAA (Accredited Business Accountants) and PA (Public Accountants) practice personal accountancy. Different credentialing means different areas of expertise.
Forensic Accountants in Passaic County NJ
What is a forensic accountant? The word forensic refers to something acceptable for use in a court of law, deemed to have been arrived at scientifically and objectively based on thorough review of physical evidence.
Forensic accountants in Passaic County are also referred to as forensic auditors or investigative auditors. Some large accounting firms in Passaic County NJ have forensic accounting departments, and some smaller firms or sole practitioners specialize in forensic accounting in Passaic County NJ and operate solely as forensic accountants.
Legal disputes that call for forensic accountants to calculate losses and economic damages include law suits for breach of contract and negligence claims, or simply company acquisitions. Some forensic accountants in Passaic County NJ are hired for cases involving assessment for spousal and child support claims.
Numerous Services Are Performed by Bookkeeping Services & Accountants in Passaic County NJ
The various accountants in Passaic County NJ are qualified and experienced in a number of different accounting areas, including public accounting, management accounting, project accounting, cash-basis accounting, chartered accounting, cost accounting, accrual basis accounting, small business accounting and fund accounting.
The best local CPAs can usually advise on estate and trust planning and administration. Accountants have access to much more finely tuned software than the average financial layman. Counsel on auditing, audit quality or compensation are some of the services offered by accountants in Passaic County NJ.
Some Bookkeeping Services & Accountants in Passaic County NJ Are Much Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these accountants in Passaic County NJ: .
Other accountants in Passaic County NJ that might still be in business include .
Questions To Ask Accountants in Passaic County NJ
When it comes to accountants in Passaic County NJ, ask these questions about their abilities, experience, and credentials:
• How long have the local accountants been practicing accountancy and bookkeeping in Passaic County, and how many clients do they have? (All accountants in Passaic County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have had sufficient length of time in business verified by our research staff.)
• Are the Passaic County accountants CPAs, PAs or small business accountants?
• Do the accountants generally deal with accounting for businesses or for individuals?
• What additional services aside from accounting or bookkeeping do the local CPAs and bookkeepers in Passaic County offer to their clients?
• How are the accounting or bookkeeping fees structured?
• Do the local accountants work at a certified accounting firm in Passaic County or near you in Passaic County?
• If you're talking to a multi-person accounting firm, who will handle your work? Senior accountants or junior assistants? Can the accounting office provide proof that this person is qualified to provide the accounting or bookkeeping services you need?
• Are the accountants and bookkeepers willing to give you the name and numbers of some clients you can call as references? (All accountants in Passaic County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff.)
• What kind of education do the Passaic County accountants have?
• Which certifications do the local accounting professionals hold?
• Will the accountants show you proof of liability insurance (such as Errors & Omissions) that protects you from financial loss due to a mistake? (All accountants in Passaic County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff.)
• Does the accountant visit his or her clients, or will you always need to travel to your accountant's office?
• Can you see the accounting professionals' credentials? (All accountants in Passaic County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their certification verified (for CPAs) by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
• What feedback does the accountant have on your specific accounting issues? If you are looking for bookkeeping services, can the bookkeepers comment on your specific needs?
Once you've chosen the best accountants in Passaic County NJ for your accounting and bookkeeping needs, make sure the accountants are licensed by the state of New Jersey as required by law.
While bookkeepers are not required to be licensed, you should also check their credentials to be sure you're getting an expert bookkeeper. (All accountants in Passaic County NJ that bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their state license or registration verified by our research staff.)
Resources About Bookkeeping & Accountants in Passaic County NJ
Regulatory Agencies & Trade Associations Related to Accountants in Passaic County NJ
AAA American Accounting Association www.aaahq.org
ACFE Association of Certified Fraud Examiners www.acfe.com/forensic-accountant.aspx
AICPA American Institute of Certified Public Accountants www.aicpa.org
AIPB American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers www.aipb.org
AAA Association for Accounting Administration www.cpaadmin.org
AGNI Accountants Global Network International www.agn.org
AGN - North America www.agn-na.org
AICPA American Institute of CPAs www.aicpa.org
AWSCPA American Woman's Society of Certified Public Accountants www.awscpa.org
AWSCPA-NJ American Woman's Society of Certified Public Accountants New Jersey www.awscap.org/nj/
BBB The Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
BKR International www.bkr.com
CPAAI CPA Associates International www.cpaai.com
FCPA Forensic CPA Society www.fcpas.org
IAAER International Association for Accounting Education and Research www.iaaer.org
IGAF International Group of Accounting Firms www.igaf.org
IMA Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals www.imanet.org
Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants www.forensicglobal.org
NACPC National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers www.certifiedpublicbokkeeper.org
NAFA National Association of Forensic Accountants www.nafanet.com
NASBA National Association of State Boards of Accountancy www.nasba.org
NJCPA New Jersey Society of CPAs www.njcpa.org
NABANNJ National Association of Black Accountants-Northern New Jersey www.nabannj.org
Media Related to Accounting in Passaic County NJ
Accounting and Business Research
Accounting and Finance
The Accounting Review
Behavioral Research in Accounting
Contemporary Accounting Research
CPA Software News
The European Accounting Review
International Journal of Intelligent Systems of Accounting
Issues in Accounting Research
Journal of Accountancy
Journal of Accounting Research
The Journal of Management Accounting Research Practical Accountant
Strategic Finance Magazine
Treasury and Risk
If you are looking for certified public accountants, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Accountants in Passaic County NJ within the following zip codes:
7403, 7465, 7505, 7522, 7456, 7504, 7514, 7442, 7503, 7513, 7438, 7502, 7512, 7435, 7501, 7511, 7424, 7480, 7508, 7543, 7421, 7474, 7507, 7538, 7420, 7470, 7506, 7524, 7055, 7015, 7014, 7013, 7012 and 7011
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Accountants & Bookkeepers in Passaic County NJ within the following cities:
Bloomingdale, Clifton, Haledon, Hawthorne, North Haledon, Passaic, Paterson, Pompton Lakes, Prospect Park, Ringwood, Singac, Totowa, Wanaque, Woodland Park, Little Falls, Wayne and West Milford