The Best Flooring Contractors in Austin TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Flooring contractors in Austin TX bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones that have exceeded the minimum Texas regulatory standard.
They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, that carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as flooring installers in Austin TX or flooring repair, including hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring installation, carpet layers, and more.
Updated February 12, 2019
The Best Flooring Contractors in Austin TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Texas requires only that flooring contractors in Austin TX be registered with the state for flooring projects over $200. There is no test or exam for competency, merely a fee to be registered, so there is no state standard for competency among flooring contractors. Not even that mere registration is required of those installing commercial flooring.
So obviously, simply being registered with the state is no indication that any particular flooring installer in Austin TX is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all new flooring installers in Austin TX who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state registration (residential flooring installers only) only employees legal to work in the U.S., best business practices, and more.
Flooring Contractors in Austin TX Perform Numerous Services
In addition to installing new floors, flooring contractors in Austin TX also do floor repair like hardwood floor sanding and refinishing, and other floor restoration.
Some specialize in different niches of the flooring industry (new flooring installation, fabrication, hardwood, linoleum, etc.). Some do strictly residential work, others are strictly commercial flooring contractors, and some do both.
Most flooring contractors install new hardwood flooring, but they might also repair flooring or do floor refinishing. Some flooring contractors can even perform the duties necessary to prepare the subfloor.
Some hardwood flooring contractors in Austin TX do every aspect of the installation process from initial fabrication to post-installation flooring finish work. They can custom stain and perform dustless sanding of hard materials, and install other features to embellish the new addition, such as custom moulding, custom milling, custom borders and inlays, inserts, matching baseboards or ceramic tile baseboards.
Some flooring contractors also perform as floor covering installers, meaning carpet layers, and layers of other floor coverings like linoleum.
Flooring Contractors in Austin TX Work with a Variety of Good Flooring Products
There are many standard, affordable options in the flooring marketplace. Unfortunately, many of them involve some kind of compromise. Lighter, cheap flooring can stain easily, colors may fade with time and some shed or unrelentingly retain odors.
But good flooring contractors in Austin TX can install carpeting, laminate and wood flooring options far beyond shag carpet and synthetic linoleum. Materials range anywhere from stain-resistant carpets to environmentally-friendly composites.
With the proliferation of flooring types and technology, the capabilities of the installing contractors have had to progress and multiply as well. Good flooring contractors are equipped to perform precision installation of most laminated or unfinished wood flooring, including red oak, white oak, bamboo (which is technically a grass), fumed oak, Brazilian cherry, hand distressed beech, cherry, or beveled beech.
Flooring contractors may also be acquainted with the techniques necessary to install merbau, ash, maple, hickory, pecan, distressed natural beech, and finished or unfinished exotic hardwood flooring.
Aside from appearance and practicality, there are other factors you may choose to consider when working with a flooring contractor in Austin TX. Some flooring contractors offer options in environmentally friendly or sustainable materials, so-called "green flooring", such as vinyl composition tile (VCT), reclaimed hardwoods, reclaimed bamboo, acid-proof dex-o-tex, or other sustainable flooring materials.
Some Flooring Contractors in Austin TX Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these flooring contractors in Austin TX: .
Other flooring contractors in Austin TX that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Flooring Contractors in Austin TX
When choosing which flooring contractor to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials.
• How long have the Austin new flooring installers been in business?
• How many floor covering installations, floor repair or new floor installations have the floor contractors done in Austin specifically? (Different areas have different climate and moisture issues which can effect the choice of floor materials or installation methods, and lots of previous installations in your specific climate indicates experience in this regard.)
• How much experience do the flooring installation contractors have in the exact type of new flooring you want installed?
• Can the Austin flooring contractor give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All flooring contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long should it take them to complete your new flooring installation?
• Will you be able to use your home or commercial space while the flooring work is being done?
• If you can stay in the premises when the work is happening, what level of inconvenience should you be prepared for?
• How do the local flooring installation companies price floor coverings, flooring materials and floor installation services?
• Do the flooring contractors do finishing work as well as general flooring installation?
• Does the flooring contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All flooring contractors in Austin bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the flooring installation experts provide a written estimate that includes the exact amount of material to be used, and the brand names and product numbers? (This is important because cheap flooring contractors often only seem to cost less because they're actually using less material or inferior material that will cost more later in repairs or maintenance.)
• Can the flooring contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All flooring companies in Austin bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How often do the flooring installers in Austin clean up? Using what method or machines?
• What is the manufacturer warranty on the flooring they are proposing to install?
• Do they give written guarantees on their floor installations aside from manufacturer warranties?
When you've chosen the best flooring contractors in Austin TX for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by your county or city if that is required by law where you are, since the state of Texas doesn't require any state license of flooring installers in Austin TX (All flooring installers in Austin TX bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their county or city license (if one is legally required in their location) verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Resources About Flooring Contractors in Austin TX
Associations & Licensing for Flooring Contractors in Austin TX
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org
CFI Certified Floor Covering Installers www.cfi-installers.org
FIANA Floor Installation Association of North America www.fiana.org
FCICA Floor Covering Installation Contractors Association www.fcica.com
MFMA Maple Flooring Manufacturing Association www.maplefloor.org
NALFA North American Laminate Flooring Association www.nalfa.com
NOFMA Wood Flooring Manufacturers Association www.nofma.org
NWFA National Wood Flooring Association www.woodfloors.org
PFIA Professional Flooring Installers Association www.pfia.org
WFCA Wood Floor Covering Association www.wfca.org
Media & Web Resources for Flooring Contractors in Austin TX
Floor Covering Installer Magazine www.fcimag.com
Floor Focus Magazine www.floordaily.net
Hardwood Floors Magazine www.hardwoodfloorsmag.com
Jobsite Magazine-Floor Covering
National Floor Trends Magazine www.floortrendsmag.com
Floor Covering News www.fcnews.net
Floor Covering Weekly www.floorcoveringweekly.com
Fabulous Floors Magazine www.fabulousfloorsmagazine.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 new flooring contractors in Austin TX within the following zip codes:
78654, 78705, 78716, 78724, 78732, 78741, 78750, 78758, 78766, 78653, 78704, 78715, 78723, 78731, 78739, 78749, 78757, 78765, 78652, 78703, 78714, 78722, 78730, 78738, 78748, 78756, 78764, 78645, 78702, 78713, 78721, 78729, 78737, 78747, 78755, 78763, 78641, 78701, 78712, 78720, 78728, 78736, 78746, 78754, 78762, 78621, 78691, 78711, 78719, 78727, 78735, 78745, 78753, 78761, 78617, 78669, 78709, 78718, 78726, 78734, 78744, 78752, 78760, 78768, 78660, 78708, 78717, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78751, 78759, 78767 and 78610
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 flooring installers in Austin TX within the following cities:
Austin, Barton Creek, Bee Cave, Briarcliff, Elgin, Garfield, Hornsby Bend, Hudson Bend, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Lost Creek, Manchaca, Manor, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Rollingwood, Shady Hollow, Sunset Valley, Hills, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Windemere, Anderson Mill, Onion Creek, Del Valle and McNeil