The Best Movers in Union County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Movers in Union County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol exceed the minimum New Jersey regulatory standard. They are the local moving and storage companies proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements. These include reference checks for reliability and value, proof of valid liability insurance to protect customers, pledging to hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as storage facilities and/or movers in Union County NJ.
Read on for more information about hiring local movers, including interstate movers, corporate moving services, office movers, residential moving companies, and local storage facilities.
Updated February 06, 2019
The Best Movers in Union County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of New Jersey requires that intrastate movers in Union County NJ be licensed with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs. Storage facilities in Union County have no such license requirement.
But even the state license for movers is no guarantee that any particular moving company in Union County NJ is doing business ethically, providing real value, and satisfying customers.
This makes it significant that all moving companies in Union County NJ that bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status. This includes survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state license, good complaint record, verified liability and workers' comp insurance for your protection, using only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Find Great Local Moving & Storage Companies in Union County and Near You
It is all too common for unethical movers to increase the price drastically from their original estimate once the property is on their truck and held hostage until they receive payment.
Many moving price disputes can be avoided in many cases by doing the following:
1) Asking for all charges that might apply beyond simply the hourly rate such as possible fees for stairs, "long carries" (a longer than normal distance from the truck to the actual premises) and packing materials.
2) Asking what kind of packing materials are used and in what amount. Unethical movers will use an unnecessary amount of plastic wrap, or cardboard "protection" wrapped around your items and then charge an exorbitant amount for them. Legitimate movers will not wrap your furniture in cardboard for which they charge you, but instead will use moving blankets which cost you nothing since they get reused.
3) Give the mover a complete inventory in writing of all your items, including number of boxes and the sizes of those boxes. The moving quote you get from that will be more accurate than a moving company's ballpark estimate based merely on a number of rooms. Even better is to have the moving company make a preliminary visit to your premises and take their own inventory in order to derive a quote.
Storage Companies and Movers in Union County NJ Perform Numerous Services
Whether you're moving around the corner or overseas, using a moving company or storage company to haul your belongings is much easier than doing it yourself. Good movers and moving companies can give you a preliminary consultation for free and personalize a moving management system to move entire offices, corporations, residences, trade shows, and exhibits. Offered moving distances range anywhere from local, to interstate to international.
If you suddenly find yourself under severe time constraints, many local movers and packers can accommodate last minute moves. If you have particularly fragile items, such as pianos, art, electronics, or antiques, some movers are capable of taking the necessary precautions to move them safely. If you're planning to relocate, nearly some moving companies in NJ NJ can pack and ship your belongings for you.
Quite a few moving companies also offer the option of temporary storage or self-storage. If you're unable to find a replacement dwelling immediately after the sale of your property or the termination of your lease, you can take advantage of these storage services. Local movers and storage facilities can safely stow household goods, commercial goods, and furniture for short-term storage or long-term storage.
Some moving companies can store particularly valuable items in climate-controlled vaults that are monitored 24 hours a day by security personnel. Some moving and storage companies in Union County NJ can store important records, for which they have a bar-coded system of management. And some moving and storage companies offer the amazingly convenient option of mobile modular storage or portable storage. If you use this service, professionally trained movers will provide a warehouse crate to store your belongings, haul the crate to a storage facility, and actually deliver it to your door when you require it.
So if you're worried about adding unnecessary hassle to your already stressful move, don't be. Using a moving and storage company will save time and energy and, perhaps more importantly, your back.
Movers in Union County NJ Can Supply Needed Packing Materials
One of the perks of hiring someone to conduct your move is the freedom from packing. Some movers in Union County NJ also provide packing services, so they supply all needed moving supplies and storage materials and secure your belongings for you.
Instead of forcing overfilled, aging boxes to fit in the bed of a truck, good household movers will wrap pack and seal your valuables, pad them with bubble wrap, foam, or packing paper, and safely load them into sanitized, temperature regulated moving trucks.
They guard frames and art with edge protectors, neatly pack clothes into wardrobe boxes, and stow mirrors and other flat glass in mirror packs. Movers can keep your mattress clean with mattress covers and prevent in-transit damage with moving blankets and padding. In some instances you can use the provided packing materials to box up your belongings yourself, but professional movers are required to take great care. It's usually worth your while to take advantage of all of the moving services they offer.
Senior Movers in Union County NJ
Some companies specialize as senior movers in Union County (moving for seniors) or senior relocation services in Union County NJ which do more than simply move for the seniors but possibly also come up with downsizing plans, dispose of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, or consignment, packing and unpacking services, and preparation of the home to be sold.
Such moving for seniors in Union County NJ are sometimes known as senior move management services, and they even have an industry association known as the NASMM (National Association of Senior Move Managers).
Some Moving and Storage Companies in Union County NJ Are Better Than Others
Even when the owner of a moving company in Union County NJ has years of experience, the workers sent to do your moving might have little to none, and widely different levels of training and varying ethical and professional standards they're being held to by their employer.
And many moving companies have expertise such as moving for offices versus moving a home, moving in-state with smaller trucks and simpler coordination, versus moving interstate with large trucks, (possibly more than one loading of your goods) and greater logistical complexity in timing out-of-state delivery to suit your needs.
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these storage and moving companies in Union County: . Other self-storage centers and movers in Union County NJ that might still be in business include: .
Ask These Questions of Movers in Union County NJ
Step 1: Describe Your Plan to the Movers in Union County NJ
When you call different moving companies, explain the details of your move. Do you need international moving services or local moving services? Report the type and size of the dwelling and mention any items that will need special care. Also, give the departing and destination addresses and the dates you wish to be moved. Also, decide if you require full service movers or moving companies who will both pack and move your belongings.
If you plan on storing any items, specify the amount of items to be stored and the projected length of time you will need to store them. Decide if you need special kinds of storage, such as self-storage, storage containers, climate controlled storage, storage units, mini storage or portable storage.
From this information, moving company representatives and movers can calculate an estimate, which may or may not be binding. Binding estimates generally expire after 60 days (on average), so ask the moving companies in Union County NJ about their terms ahead of time.
Step 2: Ask the Movers and Storage Companies Questions & Take Notes
You'll need to know some things about moving companies or storage facilities before you use their services. The sample questions below address several items of concern.
• How long have the moving companies and storage facilities been in business? (All moving companies in Union County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have had sufficient time in business verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Are the movers or storage companies' estimates binding? If so, how long are they guaranteed?
• What items are not allowed to be transported?
• Will they give yoiu names and phone numbers of previous customers you can call as references. (All moving companies in Union County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have had their previous customers called by our research staff verifying high customer satisfaction so you don't have to.)
• What is your available recourse and who do you contact if household goods are damaged or lost during the moving process or time in storage?
• Will the movers in Union County reassemble any items that were taken apart for the move?
• Will they show you proof that all workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All moving companies in Union County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed a written pledge to only hire legally documented workers.)
• How do the moving companies and storage facilities price their moving and storage services?
• What are the movers' and storage companies' billing procedures?
• How much advance notice should you give the moving companies if you need to ship something?
• Do the local moving companies in Union County and your area of Union County offer shipment tracking?
• How long will it take the moving company to pack and move your belongings?
• Do the Union County movers and storage facilities carry workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All moving companies in Union County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have had liability and workers comp insurance verified by our research staff.)
• Do the movers offer temporary or long term storage?
• Do the storage companies offer self storage, mini storage, portable storage or moving storage space?
• How will the movers and storage facilities protect your household goods from damage and dirt?
• Will they guarantee in writing the price quoted will not be exceeded, similarly that they use moving blankets to protect your goods and not extraneous packing materials to drive up excessive charges?
• Will they show you proof of their New Jersey state license as movers, which is required by law. (All moving companies in Union County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Once you've chosen the best movers in Union County NJ for your specific needs, make they have a good complaint record. (All moving companies in Union County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their good complaint record verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Research on Moving Companies in Union County NJ
Associations & Licensing For Professional Movers and Storage Services in Union County NJ
AMSA American Moving and Storage Association www.moving.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
DOT Department of Transportation www.dot.gov
FMSCA Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration www.fmcsa.dot.gov
HGFAA Household Goods Forwarders Association of America www.hhgfaa.org
IOMA International Office Moving Institute www.officemoves.com
New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/pmw/Pages/default.aspx
NJDOT New Jersey Department of Transportation www.state.nj.us/transportation
New Jersey Motor Truck Association www.njmta.wildapricot.org
New Jersey Warehouseman and Movers Association www.njmovers.com
NAMA North American Movers Association www.namovers.com
SAFER Safety and Electronics Record System www.safer.fmcsa.dot.gov
Media & Web Publications Relevant To Storage Facilities and Movers in Union County NJ
Homes and Land Magazine
If you are looking for storage space for temporary storage or full service moving and long term storage or self storage, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten local moving companies and storage companies in Union County NJ within the following zip codes:
7974, 7922, 7902, 7901, 7204, 7203, 7202, 7201, 7208, 7207, 7206, 7205, 7036, 7083, 7033, 7081, 7027, 7076, 7023, 7066, 7016, 7065, 7092, 7063-2, 7091, 7062, 7090, 7060-2 and 7088
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten professional movers and storage companies in Union County NJ within the following cities:
Elizabeth, Fanwood, Garwood, Kenilworth, Linden, Mountainside, New Providence, Plainfield, Rahway, Roselle, Roselle Park, Summit, Westfield, Berkeley Heights, Clark, Cranford, Hillside, Scotch Plains, Springfield and Union