The Best Kitchen and Bath Contractors Westchester County NY Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Kitchen and bath remodelers in Westchester County NY bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have exceeded the minimum New York regulatory standards. They are the bathroom and kitchen remodeling companies proven through our independent research to have met the Top Ten requirements for value and ability, carry liability insurance as protection for their customers, hire only employees documented to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as bathroom or kitchen remodelers in Westchester County NY.
Updated July 31, 2019
Mt Vernon, NY 10550
Port Chester, NY 10573
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Yonkers, NY 10704
Pelham, NY 10803
The Best Kitchen and Bath Contractors Westchester County NY Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of New York requires only that kitchen and bath remodelers in Westchester County NY be registered with the state in order to do residential kitchen remodeling and bathroom remodels, so there is no state standard for competency and reliability.
The state registration is no guarantee that any particular kitchen or bathroom remodeling company in Westchester County NY is competent, doing business ethically, providing real value, orsatisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all kitchen bath contractors in Westchester County NY who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state registration, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, employing only employees legal to work in the U.S., best business practices, and more.
Local Kitchen and Bath Remodeling Companies Specialize in Different Aspects of Kitchen & Bathroom Design
One kitchen and bath contractor in Westchester County may have more expertise in certain kitchen and bath remodeling services than others. As a homeowner, you want a local bath and kitchen remodeling expert who is familiar with the specifics of the kinds of changes or elements you desire. Among the variety of specific kitchen and bath remodeling aspects they offer, good kitchen and bath remodelers can usually install kitchen islands, tub surrounds, shower enclosures, shower pans, appliances, fixtures, cabinets, and flooring.
Some kitchen and bathroom contractors in Westchester County can serve you as bathroom and kitchen designers in Westchester County NY, in which case they should be versed in various kitchen design themes, including contemporary, traditional, mission, country French, Eurostyle, Mediterranean kitchen designs, or other custom kitchen designs in the style that most interests you.
Kitchen & Bath Contractors in Westchester County NY Can Supply Everything You Need for Your Remodeling Project
Many local bathroom and kitchen remodelers can provide all of the new materials required to bring your kitchen or bathroom into the 21st century, while some others prefer to leave the selection and shopping process entirely up to the client. Depending on your preferences, your level of involvement should vary and the Westchester County kitchen and bath contractor you've hired should be willing to let you be as hands-on or hands-off as possible when it comes to choosing and buying materials, fixtures, appliances, surfaces, and other parts of the job.
Find out ahead of time if the kitchen remodelers or bathroom remodeling company will help you through theproduct selection process, or if they prefer you to do the sourcing on your own.
Some Bathroom and Kitchen Remodelers in Westchester County NY Are Better Than Others
Lately, work for kitchen & bath contractors in Westchester County is booming, and there are a number of contractors with specific expertise in kitchen and bath renovation.
We've identified some who stand out and have earned respect for best customer service and business practices.
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these kitchen and bath remodelers in Westchester County NY: C&H Kitchens Inc Mt Vernon NY, All the Options Kitchens Port Chester NY, Leewood Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Scarsdale NY, Classic Kitchens Scarsdale NY, Universal Kitchen Design Inc Yonkers NY, Kitchen Designs Pelham NY, Rosa Carpentry & Marine Inc Greenwich CT, Lori-Girl Creations Huntington Station NY. Other kitchen and bath remodeling companies in Westchester County who might still be in business include: Garth Custom Kitchens Inc Scarsdale NY, Ariel Bath & Kitchen Remodeling Yonkers NY.
Questions To Ask Bathroom & Kitchen Remodelers in Westchester County NY
When choosing among bath & kitchen remodelers in Westchester County NY to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services:
- How long have the local kitchen and bathroom remodeling contractors been working as kitchen and bath remodelers in Westchester County NY?
- For a kitchen remodeling project, how many other kitchen remodels have the contractors completed? If a bathroom, how many other bath remodels have they completed?
- Will the Westchester County bathroom and kitchen experts show you examples of work they've done that's like the job you're planning in terms of scope, style, and budget?
- Will the local kitchen and bath contractors give you names and numbers of previous customers that you can call as references? (All kitchen and bath remodelers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had customer references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
- What is the project time frame from initial bid through to completion?
- How will your use of your kitchen or bathroom be impacted during the project, and what the kitchen and bath contractors do to minimize that impact?
- Will you be able to stay in your home while the bathroom remodel or kitchen renovation is underway?
- Do the kitchen and bath experts carry liability insurance and workers' compensation for your protection? (All kitchen and bath remodelers in Westchester County NY bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have had proof of insurance verified by our research staff.)
- Will the kitchen and bath experts give you a written bid with complete details of the exact brands, items including product numbers, types of materials, and amount of each material to be used? (This is critical because cheap kitchen & bath remodelers often only seem less expensive because they bid on the lowest grade fixtures.)
- What role will the bathroom or kitchen remodeling services in Westchester County play in the selection of fixtures and materials? Will they guide your selection process? Will they go shopping with you? Or will they leave that process up to you?
- Will the bath and kitchen contractors assure you that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All kitchen and bath remodeling companies in Westchester County NY bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have signed an agreement to hire only documented workers.)
- Are there manufacturer warranties on the fixtures or appliances to be installed? Will the Westchester County bath and kitchen contractors give you those warranties in writing, and will they promise to adhere to all warranty agreements so that their installation maintains coverage?
- Do the kitchen and bath contractors give written warranties on labor aside from manufacturer warranties? If so, for how long is the labor guaranteed?
- Does your city or county require permits for bathroom or kitchen remodels? If so, who will be responsible for getting those permits?
- Do the bath and kitchen contractors and their employees do all of the work, or will they hire subcontractors for any part of the kitchen and bath remodeling? If so, what assurance can they give you that the subcontractors will be paid on time and will not file a lien against your property for work or materials that have gone unpaid?
- Can they also assure that the subcontractors are licensed and insured? If not, you should check license and insurance for yourself.
- How often and when will the contractors clean up throughout the kitchen and bathroom renovation project?
- What procedures do the bath and kitchen renovation contractors use to minimize the mess the project could create (including dust and noise)?
- How will the bath and kitchen experts communicate their expected schedule for when they'll be working in your home?
- Can they foresee any potential surprises that might occur during the project regarding existing structure or materials? In each case, how much exactly might that affect the original bid cost?
When you've chosen the best kitchen bath remodelers in Westchester County NY for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are registered with the state of New York, since that is required by law for residential kitchen or bath remodeling. (All bathroom & kitchen renovation experts in Westchester County NY bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have had their licenses verified by our research staff.)
Resources About Kitchen and Bath Remodelers in Westchester County NY
The following are helpful links and publications for and about bath & kitchen remodeling in Westchester County NY,
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Bath and Kitchen Remodelers in Westchester County NY
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.assaonline.com
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
New Jersey Remodelers Association www.newjerseyremodelers.com
BRANNJ Remodelers Association of Northern New Jersey www.brannj.org
NARI National Association of the Remodeling Industry www.nari.org
NKBA National Kitchen & Bath Association www.nkba.org
NKBANJ Northern New Jersey www.nkbannj.org
Publications Relevant Bath and Kitchen Remodeling Services in Westchester County NY
Kitchens Traditional Home Magazine www.traditionalhome.com/kitchens/
Beautiful Kitchens & Baths
Kitchen and Bath Ideas www.bhg.com/kitchen/kitchen-bath-ideas-magazine/
Kitchen + Bath Makeovers
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Remodeling Contractors in Westchester County NY within the following zip codes:
10535, 10549, 10570, 10589, 10601, 10703, 10801, 10533, 10548, 10567, 10588, 10598, 10702, 10710, 10532, 10547, 10566, 10583, 10597, 10701, 10709, 10530, 10546, 10562, 10580, 10596, 10607, 10708, 10528, 10543, 10560, 10578, 10595, 10606, 10707, 10805, 10527, 10540, 10553, 10577, 10594, 10605, 10706, 10804, 10538, 10552, 10576, 10591, 10604, 10705, 10803, 10536, 10550, 10573, 10590, 10603, 10704, 10802, 10507, 10522, 10506, 10520, 10505, 10519, 10504, 10518, 10502, 10517, 10501, 10514, 10511, 10526, 10510 and 10523
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Remodelers and Remodeling Services in Westchester County NY within the following cities:
Dobbs Ferry, Harrison, Jefferson Valley-Yorktown, Mount Kisco, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Peekskill, Port Chester, Scarsdale, Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, White Plains, Yonkers, Bedford, Cortlandt, Eastchester, Greenburgh, Lewisboro, Mamaroneck, Mount Pleasant, New Castle, North Castle, Ossining, Pelham, Rye, Somers, Yorktown and Highlands